Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my state is 6th consecutive day in double digits of new confirmed cases

so the planned relaxation of lockdown was cancelled, and family gatherings back to limit of 5, down from 10

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi @Rhianne

Sorry for tags. But is 2 of these a day too much? Currently take 1, and my February (height of summer) are right on the border of being low.

I'm wondering if 2 per day could help me with some of these body aches I'm having?

But, I don't want to do a GP appointment just for a vit D level test.

View attachment 163622
Sure, it wont hurt you at all. I take 20,000 units a day, have for a few years now. The extra will probably do you good

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everything is going pretty good. Work is good. Health is good. Knocked out this exterior repaint of this small, ranch style home with my helper in 10 hours.
1968ce5e475b3c2f23e8a9828a24f170.jpg
5a9b92860a731550ab9eccc0893ca038.jpg
fce04387e028663d9d182d8648592aa5.jpg
cd773e997b5e624681f224fd984f5b02.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It looks great.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tuesday check in. Still alive here. The spread has drastically dropped here, down to about 7 to 800 a day. They are going to go to another stage of opening up but everywhere they have already has been a disaster:eek:. I think it's to soon:rolleyes:. Second wave is coming:gaah:. Everyone stay safe and healthy:)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Jimi @Rhianne

Sorry for tags. But is 2 of these a day too much? Currently take 1, and my February (height of summer) are right on the border of being low.

I'm wondering if 2 per day could help me with some of these body aches I'm having?

View attachment 163622

Yes, you can take two. Around 5,000 is a regular dose. But start with two, see how you feel.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
thank you

i actually checked at the pharmacy too, since i was for something else. She said i can safely take much more, and boosting it up is good

That’s true, I forgot to mention that you can boost it up. I’ve been taking 10,000 a day, and up to 20,000. But I got really sick this winter and I’m only now just starting to feel okay-ish.

Edit: the next bottle you buy, consider getting D3 with K2. I just ran out of my D3 and I bought some with K2. Not the mountain. Lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@DogMan the answer is a resounding YES, vitamin D can help with body aches. Personal experience.

I find it has limited hel in that regard for myself. Then too, I'm kind of "wired up" a bit different than most.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: @The Cromwell Pass any extras you get along. You'll know who needs. :)

Well piss, ...

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: @Everyone Pass the extras along. :)

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Jimi @Rhianne

View attachment 163622

https://www.bythewayhealth.com/9-best-vitamins-pain-relief/
9 Best Vitamins for Pain Relief
We all suffer from aches and pains from time to time, while for some people chronic pain is a long-term problem. If you are looking for some natural pain relief, find out the best vitamins for pain relief right here.

Our bodies are constantly seeking and using vitamins and minerals to fulfill vital functions, and help maintain optimum health. If you are deficient in certain minerals and vitamins it can cause pain. On the other hand, certain vitamins can create better health and minimize already existing pain. If you believe that your pain is linked to a nutritional deficiency, consult your doctor or an alternative health practitioner. Vitamins for pain relief can really help you to live a fuller life, and minimize the problems associated with conditions such as arthritis. Find out more about the vitamins you need for pain relief right here:

Super Minerals and Vitamins for Pain Relief
1) Vitamin E
Vitamin E is an important antioxidant. It helps to protect against the damage caused to the body by free radicals. If you do not get enough vitamin E you risk muscle weakness, as well as problems linked to a weakened immune system. Get your vitamin E the healthy way by eating lots of nuts, seeds, wheat germ, and sunflower oil. You can also find cereals and breads that have been fortified with vitamin E. Be careful with vitamin E supplements as too much can result in toxicity.

2) Vitamin B-1
Thiamin is the other name for vitamin B-1 and your body uses vitamin B-1 in many different ways. If you are deficient in vitamin B-1 you risk nerve damage, which can result in weakness in the muscles and muscle pain. Vitamin B-1 is essential for optimum health but you may suffer a deficiency if you are exercising a lot, if you are breastfeeding, or when you are pregnant. If you are suffering from muscle pain then you may need to check your vitamin B-1 levels. For increasing your levels of vitamin B-1 you can eat more whole grain foods, pork, or legumes.

3) Vitamin C
Some studies associate vitamin C with natural pain relief. Some studies show that vitamin C on a daily basis helps with pain reduction. If the direct link is not there, it still remains true that vitamin C is vital for a stronger immune system and strong health overall. If you get a lot of vitamin C you are more likely to be able to fight off the viruses that can cause muscle weakness and pain.

4) Vitamin D
Vitamin D is another important vitamin for maintaining a pain-free lifestyle. Your body makes good use of vitamin D, which comes from the sun or from a supplement, to build stronger bones. Vitamin D helps your body to absorb calcium. It also assists with muscle movement. If you have a deficiency in vitamin D you may find that you are suffering from the condition called osteomalacia. This causes muscle pain and you may also suffer from muscle weakness. Studies also show that a lack of vitamin D is linked to menstrual pain and cramping. If you suffer from pelvic pain, check that you are getting enough vitamin D as this is a common reason for the pain. It is a simple matter to get more vitamin D – get a few minutes of sunshine a day.

5) Magnesium
A deficiency in the essential mineral magnesium can result in pain in the muscles, as well as painful muscle cramps.

6) Vitamin B12
Getting more vitamin B12 is great for lower back pain and for treating pain caused by conditions such as mouth sores. You are likely to be able to get sufficient vitamin B12 from your diet, although you may need to get extra in the form of supplements if you are a vegan or vegetarian.

7) Glucosamine
For joint pain, you can also try glucosamine. This is a combination of the amino acid glutamine and glucose. It naturally occurs in the body but it can also be taken as a supplement.

8) Chondroitin
Chondroitin may be taken at the same time as glucosamine. Supplements are believed to help reduce joint pain and also help relieve inflammation.

9) Omega-3s
If you suffer from any form of inflammation, which contributes to pain, then you need to take omega 3 fatty acids. You can either eat whole oily fish or you can take a supplement. These nutrients can really make a difference to pain levels and may even improve joint mobility and reduce joint stiffness.

Why not try some of these vitamins for pain relief as well as the key supplements listed above. For chronic pain, the best solution is often a combination of therapies and vitamins play an important role. Massage, exercise, cognitive therapies and relaxation therapies are also helpful.
----------------------------------

and if none of THAT helps..
then you can do what I tell sparkey..
Come help me weed da garden by da time am done with you .. you be to TIRED to even know you hurt.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That’s true, I forgot to mention that you can boost it up. I’ve been taking 10,000 a day, and up to 20,000. But I got really sick this winter and I’m only now just starting to feel okay-ish.

Edit: the next bottle you buy, consider getting D3 with K2. I just ran out of my D3 and I bought some with K2. Not the mountain. Lol

I always buy it with K2 because if I don't take vitamin K, I have a blood-clotting issue. Any little bump against my arms or whatever and I'll be bleeding under the skin. Looks terrible and makes me worried.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I always buy it with K2 because if I don't take vitamin K, I have a blood-clotting issue. Any little bump against my arms or whatever and I'll be bleeding under the skin. Looks terrible and makes me worried.

Wolfe told me to get it with K2 and since I’d finished my bottle, I got some with K2. I didn’t know it helped with clotting like that.

I hope it helps a bit with pain, since I pulled a muscle in my elbow and it’s been hurting off and on.

Are you on any meds that could cause clotting issues, Nada?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm looking forward to it. I've got an order from Nic River of nic, pg, vg and flavors on its way to Atlanta. I'll be able to hit the ground running.

I’m glad to hear it, since they’ve got Deeming scheduled for September. They can close down the country due to corona, but God forbid they should cancel Prohibition!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know, that really sucks. I ordered 3.8 years of nic at current usage. The pack rat /OCD part of me is thinking, "That's not enough!!"

And the Vapocalypse calculator is really useful! I’ve got a few liters too, and I know I’m going to buy more. Even though I’ve been using pre mixed Base from LB. I was planning on buying about 20 more liters of the Base! (In addition to 100 mg.)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Except they got firebombed in Waco!!

And flat out murdered on Ruby Ridge. *clears throat* Nope, don't know shit 'bout shit. No idea they could have walked Koresh out that morning after his jog with an F.B.I undercover agent. No, ...

But be aware, I'm not even one fourth of the "useless idiot" Sgt Schultz happened to be. I'm more of a pure hound, one of those three quarter wolf breeds.

And the more I come into life, more I begin to recall stuff I was "brought up" on and realizing that I hung with special forces types and got nudged in that direction. I start to consider that maybe at some point I just might have been that "unofficially" and was never told. Hell, why not train up a teen boy to be one of the best soldiers? Least you know he'd have your back for ages to come.

Then too, I'm no fucking Rambo by any shot. I know that as I realize my limits. And I'm falling apart. Ha! Likely from all the shit done as a boy. Ya know, I got shot once or twice. Got stabbed a few times. I was almost blown up a few times as well. Yee ha! I've had one hell of a fun ride. :) And from what I gather, I've only started. :) :D

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning VU!

Another great day in San Diego... its Mid-Week (I think... yeah it is lol) and another day closer to family coming.

Nothing new to report... still an introvert. Not liking the insane increase of infected, though it was to happen with increased testing and increased stupidity, but what would be the alternative to not reopening?

Sad it must come at the expense of lives... Not new, people have generally been stupid since the dawn of time; I truly hope a vaccine comes sooner than later... I just know it will be later and not truly because lack of supply... but the world wants a culling (Tin Foil morning coffee thoughts)

Anyhoo be safe everyone, be rad!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the Vapocalypse calculator is really useful! I’ve got a few liters too, and I know I’m going to buy more. Even though I’ve been using pre mixed Base from LB. I was planning on buying about 20 more liters of the Base! (In addition to 100 mg.)

20 liters of nic? Damn, that's a lot.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did I hear on the news a while ago that Florida had 5500 NEW CASES of COVID-19 in one 24-hour period this week? It just dawned on me what I saw. Going to check that out.

Omg y'all look at this:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...oronavirus-cases-passes-109000-total/2253173/

They just had a previous record day on Saturday, with 4,049 new cases that day.

What did we all say was gonna happen?

No wonder New York is quarantining itself.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did I hear on the news a while ago that Florida had 5500 NEW CASES of COVID-19 in one 24-hour period this week? It just dawned on me what I saw. Going to check that out.

Omg y'all look at this:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...oronavirus-cases-passes-109000-total/2253173/

Before getting worked up, you should look into the report and how it was compiled. The problem is the media puts out what they want. Everyone in the US should know this by now.

To illustrate, today I was reading about a report on police shootings that was released a few years ago. It was found that the study had classified police who had committed suicide by gun as a police shooting. This type of deceptive "academic" work is going on everywhere. As someone who vapes and spends time on this forum, you already know how bad the media is about vaping. Why would you trust them on anything else?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Before getting worked up, you should look into the report and how it was compiled. The problem is the media puts out what they want. Everyone in the US should know this by now.

To illustrate, today I was reading about a report on police shootings that was released a few years ago. It was found that the study had classified police who had committed suicide by gun as a police shooting. This type of deceptive "academic" work is going on everywhere. As someone who vapes and spends time on this forum, you already know how bad the media is about vaping. Why would you trust them on anything else?

Same numbers are on the Florida Dept of Health website.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok. We vapers know that we should believe what the government has to say, especially when it comes to its citizens health.

Ok well excuse me for a bit then while I drive to Florida and ask everyone I see what the deal is. Maybe they know in a way that's up to your standard.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Omg y'all look at this:

Yep and this is still first wave...
The worst has not even hit most of our areas yet.
I plan on staying home for the most part and masks/gloves being regular normal for me for maybe the next year.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That we'd all be sitting here wondering what we said? ... Oh erm yes, we said that exactly this would happen. We said in summary "shit will get real." I think we went into ludicrous speed and jumped to surreal though. *smh*

Not liking the insane increase of infected, though it was to happen with increased testing and increased stupidity, but what would be the alternative to not reopening?
Sad it must come at the expense of lives... Not new, people have generally been stupid since the dawn of time; I truly hope a vaccine comes sooner than later... I just know it will be later and not truly because lack of supply... but the world wants a culling (Tin Foil morning coffee thoughts)

*thumbs your nose* You better stop it, your face will freeze like that. :)

NO! Please do not GO!

I agree only "Hell no, we don't go!" No need to go to FL to look at dead people.

Kind of joked with my wife that I ought to send my dad a gift for dad's day. She chuckled and said his own willie up his bum would be too obvious.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They have called in around a 1000 army personal down in Melbourne to help with all things Covid and the upturn in cases. For testing sites and the likes.
Have to go shopping today so we'll see how the shelves look. Limits have been put on things again.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in the keep 3 months of supplies and just replace what is consumed. Rotate stock of course like cat fud and such.
We are seeing SOME disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer in the stores again. for now as the second peak of the first wave heats up though that may change.

Made up about 25 more go kits today. quart ziplock bag with 1 mask and pair of gloves inside.
Keep them in the blazer along with hand sanitizer and extra gloves in another ziplock.

I have adjusted pretty well for the 'new normal'.
really miss visiting grandkids and such though.

One of them wanted to bring her bunch visiting about a month ago. Had to tell them no. sad....
figured out a few days later she wanted money.... Sent her some of our covid checks money which we had earmarked for helping the grands out.
We are ok on income 2 SS checks and a bit of retirement money coming in. NO debts. Not much extra but fine for us.
We are saving at least $200/mo by not eating out.

Oldest grand and her bunch are going to FL on vacation soon. Those 20 somethings are only about half smart even if smart for their age...

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really think that winter should be this long.

It's been 18 consecutive days now.

Surely, if they can suspend the football season, they suspend parliament, then they can suspend this god awful season. Just announce that in light of the global pandemic, we will not be participating in winter this year. It's not hard.
With about 12 hours of mowing per week for me I am beginning to tire of summer already.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
20 liters of nic? Damn, that's a lot.

It’s the 3mg stuff!! The calculator told me I’d need @5 liters of 100mg nic to vape for the next 25-ish years. I’ve got about four, so being paranoid about bans etc, I figured I’d get a bit more.

The LB base I get is 500ml of 3 or 6mg VG/PG. it’s really convenient for me. I don’t have to do fractions to mix 50ml of juice and the 80/20 ratio is fine for me. And it’s cheap, @$10 for 500ml.

VU Sponsors