Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Only 101* today, lol. Glad I don't have to be out there. Some jerks in the area are lighting up stuff that sound like M-80's. I don't know where they get them. It's way too dry here right now. Oh well, every year. I need to go make a few batches of base, then mix up a few recipes. Might try a new one.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It’s been quite a while......I’ve been lurking, but not posting, but I finally have things happening that are worth getting excited about! Yay!

#1 My son is coming back to the east coast! CA is a nightmare right now, so he’s coming home. He said LA is particularly bad, so he said f*** it. Why keep paying rent if I can come home and live for cheap! I’m pretty excited to see him!

#2 I got an offer from a brewery to do pop up brunch every weekend. So my restaurant will live again, just under someone else’s banner. Also pretty damn excited about that!

Ok, that’s it. For some reason, I thought I had more. Haha! Other than that, we’re all good, healthy and sane. Hope y’all are, as well.....

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It’s been quite a while......I’ve been lurking, but not posting, but I finally have things happening that are worth getting excited about! Yay!

#1 My son is coming back to the east coast! CA is a nightmare right now, so he’s coming home. He said LA is particularly bad, so he said f*** it. Why keep paying rent if I can come home and live for cheap! I’m pretty excited to see him!

#2 I got an offer from a brewery to do pop up brunch every weekend. So my restaurant will live again, just under someone else’s banner. Also pretty damn excited about that!

Ok, that’s it. For some reason, I thought I had more. Haha! Other than that, we’re all good, healthy and sane. Hope y’all are, as well.....

Such good news, Gypsy. Your son and your cooking, yay! <3<3

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I'm very excited for you! You deserve the good stuff. :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

All is still well here. I'm so glad that I'm a homebody, I prefer staying home. Safer these days, right?
Hubby is still making lures, he's getting so good at it. Jessie had another bug in my bathtub yesterday. It's so funny to watch her bounce off of the walls, jumping, diving, and scrambling! And she yells, chitters, cackles. Lot of exercise, lol. Yes, she did catch and eat it.

Yep, me too. Mostly just gone to the mexi-store around the corner, not that many people in that one.

Still trying to find yeast to make some breads and pizza, but meh..it's gone everywhere. So, i'm buying store-bought pizza, or pre-made crusts, using alternatives things like bagels, and probably gonna try a yeast-free crust too.

Milly has been on a tear too now that it is warmer.
Bugs are decimated and birds are happpy that glass exists..lol. ?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's hot outside.

Just mixed 10, 60lb bags of concrete, and poured a new, 4 inch thick slab, 6ft by 4ft roughly on top of my front porch. The old slab was pitted and crumbling.

Then I took a sawzall to my truck and cut off the single remaining rusted to hell running board.

Was supposed to get a new garage door opener installed today since mine self destructed on Monday, but the company we had out stood us up it would seem. He was supposed to be here at 4pm. It's now 5:56 and no sight of him. Called him 3 times, no answer. Im a little pissed.

Wife and I are healthy. Doing well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Needed some foodstuffs before the holiday choas ensues. Took a bus to the local Grocery Outlet about a mile away, and it wasn't bad at all because I didn't go at a peak time; like 2-4pm was when I went.

1. Bus was masks-only or ya don't get on, ppl were somewhat distancing, and very awesome AC blasting.
2. The store was busy as usual, but not crowded. Masked required here as well. People were mostly distancing and pretty friendly. (don't go to the big chains like Safeway/etc.)

I spent about $45 bux and got everything I wanted except the damn Yeast. They used to carry the big bags of SAF Red...not any more.

Got misc. stuff, breads, coffee beans, block cheese and fam-size lunchmeats I cant get anywhere else for these prices if at all.

Grok the nomz:

A sixer of PBR Pints was cheeeep.
Most places now, the damn Millennial market have jacked the price on a old fave of mine... since long before the fanbois of this brew were even born. ??

MRIJoMlm.jpg

Milly got some rare tinned food for a treat too. Variety is nice. She was waiting for my return on the nice and cool back of the leather couch like a gooood smarty-girl.

JPP3Ra6m.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Super news on both counts! So happy for ya!!! :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching racing at Indy today...Indy cars on now and then NASCAR later. Pretty fun. :)

Made a pretty healthy brunch of whole wheat sourdough bread spread with seasoned refried beans, organic long-grain brown rice and a mix of faux beef and turkey shreds. Topped with shredded Mexi-4-cheese and some Cotija cheese for a lovely nutty/rich flavor.

OySZE78l.jpg

Yeah, it's basically a deconstructed burrito of sorts, but lots of good things in there.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy 4th Folks!!! :cool:???

Just me and the Kitteh staying home. The city's fireworks are going off but we can't see then from here...Milly don't seem to care much about the noise.

JuUXpgSl.jpg

Me, I got my Red, White, and Blue right here:

MRIJoMll.jpg

*edit*
Some idjits are setting off pretty dang big stuff on this block....cops already here driving around with lights off to catch 'em..lol...

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

I'm sure glad that most of the fireworks are over with. Just about asleep and BOOM starts again. I prefer to watch the pretties on TV. I know, I''m grouchy. Jessie & hubby are napping on his desk chair, I should try for a pic. They are so cute together. Ok, I'm off to do laundry.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coffee and a nice vape...ahhhh.

dwNyLejl.jpg

We're both in pretty good spirits this morning. It is not so hot today and the NASCAR Cup race is on at 1pm PST...yay! MIlly's been fed and is now merrowing around looking outside and other such kitteh things.

She dived under the sheets with me last night and curled up next to my knees like a good snuggle-kitty.
Only issue was that she purred so loud I couldn't sleep for like 20mins because of it. Hehehe.
That cat can purr like a chainsaw...she's awesome. ?

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Greetings, peeps!

@CaFF speaking of coffee, I have recently discovered this stuff:

1593966163169.png
Maybe not to everyone's taste, but it's a spectacular treat for me. Had a tall one of these with my bacon and egg sandwich this morning for breakfast. Some of these mixes are super sweet, but this one isn't. It's rich and dark-chocolatey, but not overly sweet. Perfect.

Hope you are all taking extra special care of yourselves and each other, and not becoming part of these new, alarming statistics from all over the country. This is not where we need to be right now - 55,000 new cases a day? It's out of control.

Stay safe, please.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Coffee and a nice vape...ahhhh.

dwNyLejl.jpg

We're both in pretty good spirits this morning. It is not so hot today and the NASCAR Cup race is on at 1pm PST...yay! MIlly's been fed and is now merrowing around looking outside and other such kitteh things.

She dived under the sheets with me last night and curled up next to my knees like a good snuggle-kitty.
Only issue was that she purred so loud I couldn't sleep for like 20mins because of it. Hehehe.
That cat can purr like a chainsaw...she's awesome.

Nice mod, Caff. Hope you had a nice July 4th!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings, peeps!

View attachment 164346
Maybe not to everyone's taste, but it's a spectacular treat for me. Had a tall one of these with my bacon and egg sandwich this morning for breakfast. Some of these mixes are super sweet, but this one isn't. It's rich and dark-chocolatey, but not overly sweet. Perfect.

Hope you are all taking extra special care of yourselves and each other, and not becoming part of these new, alarming statistics from all over the country. This is not where we need to be right now - 55,000 new cases a day? It's out of control.

Stay safe, please.

Hope you had a good holiday weekend, Nada. :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Greetings, peeps!

View attachment 164346

Stay safe, please.
I agree we lost the war on corona. We can no longer bring this thing under control for at last another year, even with a safe and effective vaccine.
And we as a people deserve the blame for this for not behaving in a responsible manner.

Be as safe as you can out there.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I agree we lost the war on corona. We can no longer bring this thing under control for at last another year, even with a safe and effective vaccine.
And we as a people deserve the blame for this for not behaving in a responsible manner.

Be as safe as you can out there.
Am thinking the same is unfolding here.
Went to buy, eneded up ordering because of covid with a 4 week wait, a 3 seater lounge. Our current one has had it, been putting it off for a few months. Spoke to people in the shop there, not our town, and they said they are dumbfounded by the people not bothering with social distancing. We didnt bother to shop anywhere else even though we planned to and just ordered it and arranged delivery then drove home.
Our numbers may not be like other countries but our state Victoria is looking like a worry.
Read something that said Covid19 has done another mutation. Bad and good. Bad it has mutated to become much more contagious and more easily spread. Good, it is not more dangerous in kill rate. Still, that means more that catch it, that more readily the more will succumb to it. No matter how I look at it personally its a global catastrophe of epic proportions. A nightmare.
And then I read or listen to the numbers there in your land the US and elsewhere in the world and think please let me go to sleep and wake up with it all having been just a nightmare. :confused:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Greetings, peeps!

View attachment 164346

That sounds yummy to me! :) :coffee:

I usually either add some Dark Chocolate Hershey's syrup, or a Mexican or Belgian hot chocolate powder to a coffee or latte. But, I've had some of those premixed ones too in the past and they can be very tasty and convienient. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am thinking the same is unfolding here.
Went to buy, eneded up ordering because of covid with a 4 week wait, a 3 seater lounge. Our current one has had it, been putting it off for a few months. Spoke to people in the shop there, not our town, and they said they are dumbfounded by the people not bothering with social distancing. We didnt bother to shop anywhere else even though we planned to and just ordered it and arranged delivery then drove home.
Our numbers may not be like other countries but our state Victoria is looking like a worry.
Read something that said Covid19 has done another mutation. Bad and good. Bad it has mutated to become much more contagious and more easily spread. Good, it is not more dangerous in kill rate. Still, that means more that catch it, that more readily the more will succumb to it. No matter how I look at it personally its a global catastrophe of epic proportions. A nightmare.
And then I read or listen to the numbers there in your land the US and elsewhere in the world and think please let me go to sleep and wake up with it all having been just a nightmare. :confused:
ON the mutation/kill rate.
From what I can gather the lower kill rate may be due to most catching it now are younger?
The data supports that.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ON the mutation/kill rate.
From what I can gather the lower kill rate may be due to most catching it now are younger?
The data supports that.
Hi mate. We after were told the children and schools were the lowest to be likely to be hit have had school after school after school shut down. Today we when travelling between our town and the major other one were thinking "whats with all these loaded up 4wd's passing this way and the other in a hurry?" Now at home and checking I get it.
Screenshot_20200706-213243.png
Explains what we saw going there and coming home. Panicked get home travel from other states and ours.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi mate. We after were told the children and schools were the lowest to be likely to be hit have had school after school after school shut down. Today we when travelling between our town and the major other one were thinking "whats with all these loaded up 4wd's passing this way and the other in a hurry?" Now at home and checking I get it.
View attachment 164375
Explains what we saw going there and coming home. Panicked get home travel from other states and ours.
The US is beyond such control mmethods. Just have to ride it out which always was the plan of many here.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The US is beyond such control mmethods. Just have to ride it out which always was the plan of many here.
Hi. Much of our news here has shifted focus from the numbers from many places in the world as to those dying from covid and infections. They get a mention here and there but as News goes they dish up what they want to. I try to keep tabs on the reality and what I gather by my bits here and there, well, its as frightening as ever if not worse when I add it all up. Yep, maybe dropped in a few places they focused on for a bit, but overall everywhere it to me has not waned a bit, if anything its got worse globally. Did I read correctly 55000 cases today in the USA?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi. Much of our news here has shifted focus from the numbers from many places in the world as to those dying from covid and infections. They get a mention here and there but as News goes they dish up what they want to. I try to keep tabs on the reality and what I gather by my bits here and there, well, its as frightening as ever if not worse when I add it all up. Yep, maybe dropped in a few places they focused on for a bit, but overall everywhere it to me has not waned a bit, if anything its got worse globally. Did I read correctly 55000 cases today in the USA?
Not seen it yet but that is around the number of new daily cases for a week or more now in the USA.
As I said the covid war is lost in the US.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
There were 10,000 cases reported one day last week, just in the state of Florida. Considering that, 55,000 for the entire country seems a more reasonable number than it might otherwise be. Apparently California, Arizona, and Texas are also racking up cases like nobody's business.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That sounds yummy to me! :) :coffee:

I usually either add some Dark Chocolate Hershey's syrup, or a Mexican or Belgian hot chocolate powder to a coffee or latte. But, I've had some of those premixed ones too in the past and they can be very tasty and convienient. :D

Have you tried raw cacao powder? It’s just the ground cacao. You can add sugar or anything else as you like. It won’t have any flavoring added or anything else. It’s actually yummy.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There were 10,000 cases reported one day last week, just in the state of Florida. Considering that, 55,000 for the entire country seems a more reasonable number than it might otherwise be. Apparently California, Arizona, and Texas are also racking up cases like nobody's business.

I’m kinda a bit leery of the numbers, after finding out that NY was getting monetary incentives to list any death as covid deaths. Also the way it was handled in hospitals here was not good.

I’m not saying it’s not dangerous. I think that was what made me sick months ago and it was dreadful. But we’ve seen how the CDC and other agencies lied about vaping, so can we trust the 100% now?

Just thinking out loud. Glad you’re doing well, Nada. :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Even if the numbers are inflated by 25% or more, they are still terrible numbers. Seems to me that there is no more incentive to inflate numbers now than there was a month ago, so that line of thought, that suddenly there is some incentive to inflate numbers beyond what existed before, doesn't ring true for me.

I am not one who normally goes for anything unexamined, but not paying attention to the current state of affairs, and being overly skeptical of what the media is telling us, those are the things that have gotten us here in the first place. People think they are being lied to, or they PRETEND to think that, as an excuse to go out and do whatever the hell they want, which is why so many people are sick and dying right now.

I'd like to hear what those skeptics have to say once they watch a video or two of all the bodies being buried by earth-moving equipment out on that island in NY harbor back in April. Is that fake news? Those guys are out there burying empty boxes, just to screw around with the rest of us?

Imo, Americans just don't want to be told what to do. I include myself in that - I hate being told what to do. But you know what? When MY LIFE is at stake, I will damn well listen and keep my ass at home.

@Rhianne please don't take this personally. I'm not out to spit back at you. There are just too many people who are ignoring important information, and that is putting the rest of us at risk. It just sets me on fire.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There are just too many people who are ignoring important information, and that is putting the rest of us at risk. It just sets me on fire.

And this is what happens as a result... things had gotten pretty much back to normal around here until this happened!...

1594050271599.png

I am in Trumbull County, upper right corner... we are in the red, our new case numbers are very high and are continuing to rise. He hasn't put us back on lockdown yet, but I think it'll be coming. ?

Full News Article

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if the numbers are inflated by 25% or more, they are still terrible numbers. Seems to me that there is no more incentive to inflate numbers now than there was a month ago, so that line of thought, that suddenly there is some incentive to inflate numbers beyond what existed before, doesn't ring true for me.

I am not one who normally goes for anything unexamined, but not paying attention to the current state of affairs, and being overly skeptical of what the media is telling us, those are the things that have gotten us here in the first place. People think they are being lied to, or they PRETEND to think that, as an excuse to go out and do whatever the hell they want, which is why so many people are sick and dying right now.

I'd like to hear what those skeptics have to say once they watch a video or two of all the bodies being buried by earth-moving equipment out on that island in NY harbor back in April. Is that fake news? Those guys are out there burying empty boxes, just to screw around with the rest of us?

Imo, Americans just don't want to be told what to do. I include myself in that - I hate being told what to do. But you know what? When MY LIFE is at stake, I will damn well listen and keep my ass at home.

@Rhianne please don't take this personally. I'm not out to spit back at you. There are just too many people who are ignoring important information, and that is putting the rest of us at risk. It just sets me on fire.

Hospitalizations for covid are way up as well. How do they inflate that?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I was referring to my state mostly. I’m not a skeptic, I was sick as hell. I just wish we could balance opening with safety, that’s all.

Sorry, I watched some Fauci vids and he pissed me off.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Checking in - been awhile

We are still healthy here and taking full precautions against the virus

The minute they let up on a few of the quarantine rules, cases in Hawaii has started to grow from a few cases a week to 20 or more new ones daily. Sad - we were tied for least cases per capita in the whole country a month ago

[HASH=82]#SteveS45isabuttplug[/HASH]

VU Sponsors