Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I can promise I will do the best I can, but you have to remember, I have 2 other kitties and 2 dogs here and if I can't get him to get along with them then he will have to be an outdoor kitty when the summer heat is gone. It would not be fair to my current fur babies to subject them to his attacks. He has lived outdoors best we can tell a couple of years now. He would be fine and we would have a kitty house out there for him.

This is Sweetheart. She was our last out of several kittys. When she left us, we waited awhile and got a dog. Now we are on our second dog since Sweety. Never forget her though...

Aug07b.JPGDSC04265.JPGJuly07h.JPGDSC00097.JPG
DSC00594.JPGDSC00231.JPG
Sweety 3-22-09.JPG

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
More pics of Sweety. Loved that cat. Thinking about another one. Our Cockapoo Ben needs a companion. :)

1-8-08b.jpg 10-25-08_0911.jpg Ben 1-26-2019b.jpg IMG_1701.jpg
Sweety29.jpg

A kitty previous to Sweety. Buddy trying to figure out what to do about Snoopy invading his space. Buddy was a Persian rescue from a breeder who couldn't take care of their cats any more.

9.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 165478he's made himself comfy at least lol

Ahhh, the Cone of Silence...:stars2:
He looks like he has had quite a day..lol..

Me, I'm awake at this unholy hour 'cuz Milly was freaking out about SOMETHING and was running back and forth all around the Apt. at Ridiculous Speed and merrrrowing like a demon child on crack. There are several other Apts. here that also have cats and I know they can hear each other, so maybe a group merrrowfest?

I got her calmed down eventually and she's zonked out in the windowsill napping now.

Surfed around a bit, found out the NWS is switching to non-Flash maps finally...since Adobe Flash is EOL pretty soon now. A good thing, IMO.

Infos: https://www.weather.gov/lot/radarsurvey

Maps are looking good and loading fast as hell compared to the old stuff, but I think their proofreading could use some work. ?

NWS_new_maps.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My brain is beginning to really object to iso.

I don't feel terrible. It just has far too many thunks for one little brain.

That's me everyday. ;)
I was an only child raised away from people until I was 13 and then put in foster care until I was 18. It did not get better after that..

So, Alone (with kitty) is my usual state of being.
Cheers! :cheers:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigh....could be worse, eh?

capture_20200724_053534.jpg

More infos: https://srhd.org/covid19

Oh and there is this:

capture_20200724_060752.jpg

No pool tables, no booze indoors or after 10pm?? Muahahaha...GLWT. People don't give a fuck.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fauci says he does not eat out and neither do I nor plan to for maybe the rest of this year or more.
I greatly respect the guy for his medical knowledge however he throws a ball like a girl :)

Still doing fine. Just got back from helping laid up sister. About 70 hours a week at that and including about 6 hours of driving time...
Did some house work, Made me a mesquite smoked turkey sub and consumed it with some chips and dip for breakfast... May be nap time before I go back for the evening shift...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fauci says he does not eat out and neither do I nor plan to for maybe the rest of this year or more.
I greatly respect the guy for his medical knowledge however he throws a ball like a girl :)

Still doing fine. Just got back from helping laid up sister. About 70 hours a week at that and including about 6 hours of driving time...
Did some house work, Made me a mesquite smoked turkey sub and consumed it with some chips and dip for breakfast... May be nap time before I go back for the evening shift...

(The laughter wasn't about your helping your sister. I think you're a fantastic brother for doing that. Just can see in my head that Dr. Fauci throwing a ball like a girl. He might have been a little nerd-kid, who knows? lol)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

All good here. I did lose a drip tip last night - Jessie was chasing a baby moth. From one recliner to the end table (with lamp and vapes) to the other recliner. Across the arms, over the seats, up to the back, just like a racetrack. Vapes went flying, lamp was shaking. I don't know if she caught it or not, but she did get a lot of exercise! Good thing we love her so much....

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bonus pic... I am fascinated by Hummingbirds. Took this out the window a few years ago. They are amazing to watch.

View attachment 165462
This summer is the first summer using a homemade swing from a straw and paracord in hopes the little hummers would enjoy it...they are :)
The pic isn't that great...was walking out the door, so the pic was quickly taken through the window
d49677440c7e0cf294e11c9ef2bf07f2.jpg

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning!

All good here. I did lose a drip tip last night - Jessie was chasing a baby moth. From one recliner to the end table (with lamp and vapes) to the other recliner. Across the arms, over the seats, up to the back, just like a racetrack. Vapes went flying, lamp was shaking. I don't know if she caught it or not, but she did get a lot of exercise! Good thing we love her so much....

Stay safe and healthy :hug:
Oh what a boring life we would all have if not for our fur babies :) I find drip tips under my bed as little Meko likes to steal them :)

She looks a lot like William, just much smaller. She was also a rescue. Dave saw her sitting in the street on his way to work one day. eyes barely open she was so little. Fit in the palm of his hand. She never grew much. Might be part Munchkin. She's a stinker but I adore her.

IMG_20200505_170429403.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Something interesting out of all this:

:)

Did you see any of the satellite pics that were taken over China when they were in heavy-duty lockdown? The skies were noticeably clearer. I wonder if that's the case over the US now. Might Google that.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
<<< I'm watching some opening day Braves VS Mets baseball right now!

(via VPN though, cuz not wasting *my* metered bandwidth on THAT game...?

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning Sis! Hope you have a wonderful stress free weekend............hmm, stress free, gawd, is there such a thing anymore. :)
From your lips, sis. But no, I think most things have become stressful, which is why I'm happy staying home on weekends. Work has been very stressful, but yesterday, nearly broke me. Super happy to be home today and tomorrow.

Wishing you and kitty the best. You're a hero for saving that baby.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, all! Just a night check in. We’re all good and healthy here in central Virginia. My son made it home and I can’t wait to see him....he’s still doing the quarantine thing. Worried about me and my health issues.

Aaaaaaaand.....I’ve been working on a little project. Remember I closed my restaurant a couple of months back? Well, it’s a long story but.....we’re back, baby! A brewery with an idle kitchen wants us to do a permanent pop-up there! Yippee!!!!

And there’s this.....a beautiful rainbow after a 15 minute deluge.F3862362-132C-4996-A4E7-62800B9E980B.jpeg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, all! Just a night check in. We’re all good and healthy here in central Virginia. My son made it home and I can’t wait to see him....he’s still doing the quarantine thing. Worried about me and my health issues.

Aaaaaaaand.....I’ve been working on a little project. Remember I closed my restaurant a couple of months back? Well, it’s a long story but.....we’re back, baby! A brewery with an idle kitchen wants us to do a permanent pop-up there! Yippee!!!!

And there’s this.....a beautiful rainbow after a 15 minute deluge.View attachment 165536

Hells yeah!! Congrats! :D

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

And there’s this.....a beautiful rainbow after a 15 minute deluge.View attachment 165536
Oh I can't tell you how THRILLED I am to hear this @wildgypsy70 You SO deserve this. Congratulations and wishing you much success

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Congrats @wildgypsy70! Will you be doing lunch and dinner?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
well I just got a visit from the moo cow man..
yesterday why looking out his back porch look what he captured.
twister 1.jpg
twister 8.jpg
ya that sucker was Going RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE...
an all i was worried about was will My roofing and basement DIY fixes work or will it spell disaster..

7 inches of hard rain an a toranado latter and BASEMENT is DRY an so is da WIFI.. NO leaks..
and no property damage
YAAAAAAA WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heat Advisory
Issued: 6:38 AM Jul. 26, 2020 – National Weather Service
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON MONDAY TO 7 PM PDT
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...High temperatures in the mid 90s to low 100s.

* WHERE...Lower Garfield and Asotin Counties, Washington
Palouse, Moses Lake Area, Upper Columbia Basin, Spokane Area,
Wenatchee Area, Okanogan Valley and Waterville Plateau.

* WHEN...From noon Monday to 7 PM PDT Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures may cause heat illnesses to occur.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.

Gonna get stoopid hot here. ?☀?

Screenshot from 2020-07-26 09-16-35.png

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in and I am sad. William started trying to attack me this morning. He was doing so good too. Guess he was still doped up. I will call the vet next week and see if there is something we can give him to make him more calm

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Checking in and I am sad. William started trying to attack me this morning. He was doing so good too. Guess he was still doped up. I will call the vet next week and see if there is something we can give him to make him more calm

Sorry to hear...

He probably is hurting from the surgery, still scared, etc. It takes a long time, isn't going to happen overnight. He needs his space and probably to be segregated.

A couple links for ya:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Checking in - we are great

Prepped for Hurricane Douglas the past few days - which fortunately bounced off of us instead of making landfall - mighty breezy out today though and we are still under a Tropical Storm Warning

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On the road again tomorrow and for the next three months. Back and forth from home to Idaho Falls and Pocatello for work. I'm ready for it, the airlines are ready for it, and the hotels are ready for it.

**Waves**
You're close by, man!

Apologizes for you having to be in Pocatello...or Idaho in general. It's crazy over there. :teehee:
Idaho Falls does make some of the best sausage ever though: https://www.independentmeat.com/

I could eat this stuff every day: https://www.independentmeat.com/Products/Smoked-Sausage
That hot smoked sausage is the bomb...I don't drive, but my local WinCo carries it. :)

If you stray into WA, this place is amazing too and not far: https://www.spokanespice.com/

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to hear...

He probably is hurting from the surgery, still scared, etc. It takes a long time, isn't going to happen overnight. He needs his space and probably to be segregated.

A couple links for ya:
Thanks Caff I appreciate the links. Honestly and maybe it is dumb but I am still worried about rabies. I have read it does not always progress in a few days time. Sometimes it can take months. I don't know why the ER wouldn't just give me the rabies shot to even at least ease my mind. I am stressing over it. Maybe if I call my regular family doctor tomorrow and make an appt and tell her my fears. Just give me the damn shot already

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in - we are great

Prepped for Hurricane Douglas the past few days - which fortunately bounced off of us instead of making landfall - mighty breezy out today though and we are still under a Tropical Storm Warning
stay safe Lucy!! will be thinking good thoughts for you. Even tropical storms can be brutal

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Still safe and sound here. Except I'm having a smell and taste problem. I know this is one of the signs of COVID19 and I'm asked this by my doctors offices before a visit, but I'm writing it off to vaper's tongue. Switching out juices today.

We had our first monsoon Friday night. Mild, but we had both dust and rain. The lights went out around 8:30pm just when the skies opened with a downpour and was out for 45 minutes. I lit a candle at my computer and enjoyed another adult beverage while flipping through my phone. I can't help but wonder now what I would have done had there been no smartphone.

EDIT: The bit about me and the big box was deleted. It was a good laugh but I honestly didn't get in it. I have a hard time just tying my shoe.

Last edited:

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Still safe and sound here. Except I'm having a smell and taste problem. I know this is one of the signs of COVID19 and I'm asked this by my doctors offices before a visit, but I'm writing it off to vaper's tongue. Switching out juices today.

We had our first monsoon Friday night. Mild, but we had both dust and rain. The lights went out around 8:30pm just when the skies opened with a downpour and was out for 45 minutes. I lit a candle at my computer and enjoyed another adult beverage while flipping through my phone. I can't help but wonder now what I would have done had there been no smartphone.

I then got a wild hair up my ass, which happens more often since we've been on voluntary lock-down. I had a rather large trash receptacle delivered the day before. When the lights came back on I was on my way to the kitchen and saw the empty box.

What do you think of when you see this?
ifW42yi.jpg

YES I did!!!!
I then quickly cut a circle toward the bottom left, got in again with high VG and called to Mr. Trixy. He stood looking around and BAM! I blew a chunky cloud out of the hole and thrust my arm up through the top, vape in hand. Now if that's not totally frickin' mental I don't know what is.

animated-laughing-image-0092.gif

Did he jump? :giggle:

VU Sponsors