Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Stealth-Cat strikes again...?

5GuvYIxl.jpg

If ya hadn't seen the cat-topic, she's gotten in the habit of lying just behind the blanket covering the couch...then when I sit down, the paws come out. ;)

Are you hiding catnip in yer socks? You might be tempting fate, ya know. lol

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

The deck is finished! Just a bit of trim left. Jessie is going out there, starting to figure out the cat door, winner! We've never had a strictly indoor cat, so it's been hard for Hubby to understand that some cats are happy staying inside. Now they are both happy and she's safe.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Day off today, :bunny:

Rumors of shit going sideways in the city today with possible rioting and stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed that everyone stays smart, stays safe. Critters are in morning mode, being lazy. He's playing his game, I'm watching news and tooling around the forum.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Day off today, :bunny:

Rumors of shit going sideways in the city today with possible rioting and stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed that everyone stays smart, stays safe. Critters are in morning mode, being lazy. He's playing his game, I'm watching news and tooling around the forum.

Hooray for day off! Boo for the reason...

You have a great day Huck - you certainly deserve it :hug:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hooray for day off! Boo for the reason...

You have a great day Huck - you certainly deserve it :hug:
It's my scheduled day off for the week. It worked out well, but there's a few people at work that are super concerned, and I don't blame them. Tried to talk to my boss about that yesterday, but apparently he's not keeping up with the news. :kickbutt:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's my day?

Got my good 'ol Audigy X-Fi drivers and settings tweaked a bit more under linux, and did some adjusting on levels on the Yamaha amp. I could knock down a fucking wall with this setup now....the coffee table is vibrating at only -4dB on the amp and 45% volume on the player. Speakers can do 300W...

I finally got rid of the top-end distortion that was buggin' the shit outa me. Linux VS windows, lotta little differences even on the same hardware I'm used to. Shit is crisp as frozen lettuce now.

This.... :cool:?

Screenshot-from-2020-08-25-11-55-14.png

Apparently, I have goood hellkitteh...Scorps puts Milly to sleep..lol

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my email just moments ago, ...

Mr. B______,
Your name was given to the West Virginia Office of Technology for the position of a Mail Processing Operator II. We will begin conducting interviews for this position on Friday, August 28, 2020. Would you be available Friday, August 28, 2020 @ 2pm? The pay grade for this position is listed as a Pay Grade 004 with a salary range of $19,430.04 - $35,945.04.

I am supposed to hear something regarding the custodian job Thursday, or after. Sitting here facing a rough decision. Both jobs will pay about the same annual wage, roughly the same benefits. In one I might need to clean human waste, vomit. In the other I could get a finger or arm off from machinery, unlikely if careful but still a possibility. I'm about equally indifferent to each type of work. Both to me are roughly "it's work".

The Mail Processor Operator is kind of a job where you need to be where the job is at. Where as a Custodian grade 3 can get you a job nearly anywhere, even grade 1 can if honest. The Mail job would mean a need to run clear to Charleston every day. The Custodian job might see me in Kenna, Ravenswood, Ripley .. within the county at a high school. It's a good bit more local than Charleston.

Flip a coin? *sighs*

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How's my day?

Got my good 'ol Audigy X-Fi drivers and settings tweaked a bit more under linux, and did some adjusting on levels on the Yamaha amp. I could knock down a fucking wall with this setup now....the coffee table is vibrating at only -4dB on the amp and 45% volume on the player. Speakers can do 300W...

I finally got rid of the top-end distortion that was buggin' the shit outa me. Linux VS windows, lotta little differences even on the same hardware I'm used to. Shit is crisp as frozen lettuce now.

This.... :cool:?

Screenshot-from-2020-08-25-11-55-14.png

Apparently, I have goood hellkitteh...Scorps puts Milly to sleep..lol
1598395675990.png

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dr "hi, this is (first name)" (i didn't expect that)
dr "you are after test results. They are all much the same, i wouldn't worry. I wouldn't worry about anything. None of it matters, nothing does"
me "are you coping ok with telehealth?"
dr "it's hard, thanks for asking (rants for 5 minutes)"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dr "you are after test results. They are all much the same, i wouldn't worry. I wouldn't worry about anything. None of it matters, nothing does"

Probably not appreciating having to do their jobs.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if any of you are in the path of hurricane Laura. If you are, you are in my prayers. I have a friend that lives in New Orleans. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Thank you! <3

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All is well here. Jessie is quickly learning to use the cat door, going out. She's starting to get the idea for coming back in. She is really liking being out on the deck! She was chasing bugs last night, lol.
For those in the path of Laura, please stay safe! Check in when you can.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a phone call, about a half hour ago. I passed initial testing and will now be made onboard as a substitute custodian for the school board. My name will be "formally" added to the roster next Thursday and Next Friday at 8 AM EST I'll go for further training/orientation. Think she said I passed with Custodian II. Which means I'm midway up their ranking system. So yep, good news.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Whew, 105* today. Too much for this Irish-skinned chicken. I'll be inside today. Jessie is going in and out of the cat door like an expert! Hubby was calling her to go out with him yesterday, finally headed out by himself. He stuck his head back in to let me know that she was already out there, lol. Last night she was out there doing the ballet, trying to catch mosquitos. I hope she gets a lot of them, too. Darn neighbor next door waters her gardens by flooding them, pools of water everywhere.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember in school thinking the custodian was a cool dude.
Looking back he was a cool dude. Friendly to the kids and always willing to listen to us.

Most of the work will be done of an evening, when students are gone. At least that's what I'm being lead to believe. Most shifts will only be six hours. It'll likely be 3 PM to 9 PM with us seeing an occasional 11 PM shift as needed. Possibly some weekend work to happen.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the work will be done of an evening, when students are gone. At least that's what I'm being lead to believe. Most shifts will only be six hours. It'll likely be 3 PM to 9 PM with us seeing an occasional 11 PM shift as needed. Possibly some weekend work to happen.
We had a custodian while school was in session. Coal furnace to be fed, etc. Cleaning crew came in at night I assume, never saw anyone cleaning unelss it was a spill or something during the day that the custodian took care of.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We had a custodian while school was in session. Coal furnace to be fed, etc. Cleaning crew came in at night I assume, never saw anyone cleaning unelss it was a spill or something during the day that the custodian took care of.

Yep, I recall maybe two custodians looking after the elementary school growing up in VA. This spot though I believe is for only the high schools. I may be misreading what's being said but believe only high schools is what they say. We'll see when I get my letter in the mail.

Meanwhile I'm hoping to pick up my nicotine order Saturday morn. Had a missed delivery card in our PO box last week. I had to sign for something, hoping that's what it happened to be. Probably ought to had it shipped out here but I didn't know.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... haven't checked in or posted anything in a long time. Been super busy with work. Just lost an employee, she's got a child and school starts next week. She needs to stay home with her kiddo to do school stuff since in person classes are not a thing, it's all remote. So I hired a replacement for her this past Thursday, interviewing another Monday.

Wife and I are doing well. She's lost a total of 98 pounds so far. The two of us just got back from a 12 mile bike ride. Last year she could barely do 1 mile. I'm very proud of her.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow, that's fantastic! Congrats to Mrs. Chain.

Day started off with horns honking. Wasn't sure WTH was up, looked outside and remembered it's my neighbor lady's birthday. There was a HUGE line of a drive by parade for her. So sweet. Everyone's cars were decorated with balloons and signs, some had the Happy Birthday song cranked on their stereos. She had a big time. I sat out on the front steps watching. Got a little aggravated at some of them that turned back, not wearing masks, to give her hugs and stuff. I won't even hug her right now and that makes me sad. She's a gem. I make her wash her hands after I hand off grocery runs to her. Anyway... it was special for her, that's the important part.

We ran a trip for dog food, got to see all the beautiful dogs that everyone brought with them. Made a run to Hobby Lobby for paint I hope to use on a mod I picked up in the hardware section a while back. Work has stayed busy, assistant supervisor is still pissing me off, and we used to get along great. Kind of seeing a different side of her. Supervisor is seeing it too and is backing me up, so I feel appreciated all of a sudden. That feels good. Learning who to trust, after years of trusting people I shouldn't have been. Kind of a bummer, but at least I know where to stand, now.

The weather has been pretty gorgeous here, should be for the rest of the week, too. Nice, nice change. I hope everyone is staying safe!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Checking in

Continuing to hunker down as Covid numbers are rising and it is continuing to community spread nearby

CAIiEMSygns2mPnIHp0L1dJ8JXYqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4Zn5CjCu8uACMLTRlgY

On the bright side, getting lots done around the homestead - and doing some fun stuff, like curing bacon and making lots of fermented concoctions

Also about to start building new chicken coop - finally

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Checking in

Continuing to hunker down as Covid numbers are rising and it is continuing to community spread nearby

CAIiEMSygns2mPnIHp0L1dJ8JXYqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4Zn5CjCu8uACMLTRlgY

On the bright side, getting lots done around the homestead - and doing some fun stuff, like curing bacon and making lots of fermented concoctions

Also about to start building new chicken coop - finally
how are your bees doing are they making you LOTS of honey?
if you like fermented concoctions you can make vinegar with honey and peels from fruits.
make this stuff with my own honey.

yet you can bassicaly use any fruit.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's going to be cooler today, only 95*, lol. It will still feel good to me. There's nothing on my schedule. Maybe clean some coils and wick them. Gotta do them sometime, right? Jessie has been having fun chasing more mosquitoes, inside and on the deck. She did get some tuna water yesterday when I was making tuna salad. Girl likes her fish!

Stay safe and healthy
:hug:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning all, still hanging in there :) Cooled down a little. Supposed to be 102 today and yes, down from 115 it is a noticeable difference. For me anyway. When it was hitting 115 during the day it simply never cooled off (even at night ) but now it does. Right now it's only around 80 and it's 8:30. Thank goodness! Now I can sit outside at night when I take the pups out for their last outing ( around 10pm ) and I can breath :)

Appt with the breast surgeon tomorrow, keep fingers crossed that this little "nasty" they found is just a benign little node. It's only 4mm so that is very small. Whatever it is, we got it fast, so I am not worried. I gotz this!

William kitty is doing well and him and Danny kitty play all day. He still does not like Major ( 2 year old Shep) and chases him LOL so freaking hilarious to watch this cat chase this big goof around the house.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Sorry to say, but sounds like Doc could use a little Prozac. Poor guy.

My good local friend, who is a family therapist, is doing a lot of telehealth consults. She's not having anything too good to say about it, either, except that it keeps her and the client from being exposed. And of course she isn't present if said client decides to go off the rails, which sometimes happens.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah lots more going off the rials going on since this past March...

There probably isn't a mental health professional anywhere in the WORLD that wouldn't agree with that statement right now.

It is a well-known phenomenon, and in my mind, understandably so. I can't imagine anyone being emotionally prepared for the changes we've all been through in the last five months.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Appt with the breast surgeon tomorrow, keep fingers crossed that this little "nasty" they found is just a benign little node. It's only 4mm so that is very small. Whatever it is, we got it fast, so I am not worried. I gotz this!
Prayers and sending good positive vibes for you, Debinnv :hug:

Had a biopsy five yrs ago. It was benign. But, I had pain where they did the biopsy for three yrs. I told the nurse about it, she didn't know what to say except that it was uncommon :huh:...leave it up to me to be the uncommon, LOL :teehee:

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning all, still hanging in there :) Cooled down a little. Supposed to be 102 today and yes, down from 115 it is a noticeable difference. For me anyway. When it was hitting 115 during the day it simply never cooled off (even at night ) but now it does. Right now it's only around 80 and it's 8:30. Thank goodness! Now I can sit outside at night when I take the pups out for their last outing ( around 10pm ) and I can breath :)

William kitty is doing well and him and Danny kitty play all day. He still does not like Major ( 2 year old Shep) and chases him LOL so freaking hilarious to watch this cat chase this big goof around the house.
Hope all the best for you. ?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mornin'...

I haven't really had a sleep schedule in awhile, between Milly and the heat it's just been when I sleep, I sleep. It'll be 90F this coming first week of Sept. though...Unreal.

Not a problem though really. Woke this AM to pee and feed Milly, got an alert from the bank...yay, I got paid.

Got the usual bills to pay,also need to find a new mouse for the big computer as my much-loved Roccat Kone Pure finally bit it and a new Omron switch costs as much as a new mouse and requires soldering.

I also need to buy some chicken to make another batch of Milly's food, but other than that, ain't shit going on. I used to be excited on paydays to go hunt vape deals, or peruse thrift shops for fun and getting out of the Apt., but not all that enthused about it anymore. What's the point?

Oh, and I hit some old bookmarks just to see how various sites are discussing/dealing with the upcoming Sept. 9th stuff.

Found this and was sad...one of the oldest vape sites, gone.
Many of ya probably never even knew they existed, but I learned a lot there.

Screenshot from 2020-09-01 02-03-29.png

(IDK if that is an actually new happening or not, but hate to see it.)

At least I have Milly...about the only reason I bother to wake up anymore.

IMG_20200829_045937.jpg

VU Sponsors