Daily Check-In Thread

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in, as are the Danny and William kitty. This was at 3:30am. I got tired of hearing William cry behind the door. So I said screw it, opened it and took the gate down. They haven't tried to tear each other apart yet anyway. Danny ( orange tabby) is so freaking chill anyway. That helps I'm sure. Hope everyone has a good day today. I have a group of D&D players due here in a few hours. Hubby plays. They always have a good time.

IMG_20200730_040307382.jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

So far, anyway. We have the doors open right now, but it's going to be 104* today. Yuck. Hubby is busy planning to enclose our deck so that Jessie can go out. No, she's not spoiled :rolleyes: Keeps him busy, right? He needs it, had been diagnosed with pseudo gout. So painful, and most of his joints are so swollen. Nothing is working for him yet, but can't take nsaids which probably would work. Poor guy. Anyway, Jessie is on his desk, helping him figure out what materials he needs. I hear him gently telling her "no, I don't need your help with the keyboard". Lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well I haven't checked in for a while... My county is out of the red... masks are mandatory throughout Ohio... no issues with groceries or TP. Friends + family are still Covid free. Just passing my days with my critters, dr appts, housework, and a lot of movies + TV.

It's been very hot + humid in Ohio for about 2 weeks straight now. I don't think we've had a day under 85°. I don't go outside unless it's absolutely necessary. ?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Checking in, as are the Danny and William kitty. This was at 3:30am. I got tired of hearing William cry behind the door. So I said screw it, opened it and took the gate down. They haven't tried to tear each other apart yet anyway. Danny ( orange tabby) is so freaking chill anyway. That helps I'm sure. Hope everyone has a good day today. I have a group of D&D players due here in a few hours. Hubby plays. They always have a good time.

View attachment 165856

Awesome!

Cats have a pretty complicated social hierarchy...they'll work it out in time. Glad your cat is being patient with him. :)

Might want to have him back in his own room if the D&D gets loud (always did when I played ages ago)

BTW, ever watch this:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not much going on yet today. I did the Milly chores, nuked the saved half of my brekky sandwich, drinking iced coffee, and fixed my damn Waterfox install that somehow got b0rked up on this Linux box. Ain't just Windows that has flunky updates..lol..

Lesson of the day:
jesus-saves-and-makes-backups.jpg

It is gonna be a scorcher though. Still predicting 103 on my b-day...fukit...I get paid anyways. ?

Today:
Today 07/30
0% / 0 in
Sunny. Near record high temperatures. High around 100F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.

At least I don't live in South/Central WA, they gonna die....
ZRbkp.gif

IMG_20200730_084940.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
COVID marches on...could be worse though.

The Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) is reporting that Spokane County is now up to 3,589 cumulative cases of COVID-19.

An additional 62 cases were reported on Wednesday, July 29. The county has now also seen a total of 54 virus-related deaths.

In total, there have been 222 hospitalizations due to the coronavirus and 35 patients remain hospitalized currently.

SRHD is reporting that 50.5% of cases have recovered.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Could always be worse, could be in Floriduh

View attachment 165882

My 85 year old parents live in Sebring, FL. They live in an assisted living center and are really locked down. We are renovating part of the house right now, getting it ready for them to move up here in a few weeks. They can't wait to get out of there, and I can't wait for them to come.

And yeah, it's sweltering here too... Mid 90's with asthma inducing humidityhot_and_sweating.gif

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been 90+ in both temp and humidity here for a while. Typical KY summertime.
AC going and windows dripping on the outside from condensation.
Nope not dual pane glass.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:devil::teehee:

My 85 year old parents live in FL. They live in an assisted living center and are really locked down. We are renovating part of the house right now, getting it ready for them to move up here in a few weeks. They can't wait to get out of there, and I can't wait for them to come.

And yeah, it's sweltering here too... Mid 90's with asthma inducing humidityView attachment 165883
That sucks, glad you can get them out of here.
I'm one county north of Palm Beach. If you the add 2 counties to south Broward and Miami Dade, 31000 cases in just the last 7 days...

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been 90+ in both temp and humidity here for a while. Typical KY summertime.
AC going and windows dripping on the outside from condensation.
Nope not dual pane glass.
A little FL heat in KY? At least you have a chance of a cold front between now and end of October.?
FL summers about to run me out...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lived in northern Tampa for 7 years. winters are nice but summers suck. At least it does not smell moldy all the time here.

FL type heat is normal here from mid July sometimes thru August.
At least we do not have the daily afternoon thunder sky flood every day here.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lived in northern Tampa for 7 years. winters are nice but summers suck. At least it does not smell moldy all the time here.

FL type heat is normal here from mid July sometimes thru August.
At least we do not have the daily afternoon thunder sky flood every day here.
You know exactly then. Average date of 1st cold front here is 10/23. There's is no chance of any relief until then, 0- nilch-nada

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now: 96F, feel-like temp of 100°

14% humidity and the air quaility is pants with the 15-20mph winds blowing dust/pollen/smoke around.
I live a block from a 6-lane and a 4-lane intersection also. Smells like hot asphalt death outside.

I did pick up a nice big tin of genuine Phillipine coconut water though...not from concentrate or diluted. Amazingly refreshing stuff. :)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
first, we had manflu

now, we have mancovid. Which appears more deadly than womancovid

apparently studies back this up

my state had 9 deaths today, 8 were male
Dogcovid, not really trying to make a joke. Just trying to find half a smile in a sad situation.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Hubby has started on the deck project. Jessie does not like the noise, or Hubby being outside. She does still like chasing a fly in my bathtub!

Happy Birthday @CaFF !!! :stars2::hearts::confetti:

Hu? really ... well den @CaFF
Happy birthday @CaFF Naturally, I didn't think to post here instead, lol but that's okay. 2x's is better anyway.

Thanks everyone!!
t3331.gif

Got a bit of a sore neck/headache today, probably just how I slept. Sleeping in this heat is crappy.

But, not too bad here. Paid bills this morning, got a b-day text from Dad, got Milly her supplement for her food, and bought a couple things for myself that I've never had....for cheap. :D

Screenshot from 2020-07-31 12-43-34.png

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Happy B, Caff. I got you on the other thread, too.
WHERE did you get the Aromamizer??? I want to surf like the wind to get one! ?
(I should know the look of all checkout screens by now. )
If you wait a bit the V3 will be out and I like it a lot better than the previous. Of course, that's just me. If you can find one on the cheap, I say go for it.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If you wait a bit the V3 will be out and I like it a lot better than the previous. Of course, that's just me. If you can find one on the cheap, I say go for it.
Better? How so? I'll get both. Never had 'em. For the price, why not.

I hope you're doing good, Deb. I had Mohs surgery on my back this morning. Thankfully he only had to do one 'scoop' vs. my nose a few years ago. They had to scoop 3 times. I now have a dimple on my nose. :rolleyes:

BTW, fever only lasted one night. I'm good, but really tired. 5hrs sleep. Nap City for me in 30. ?.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Better? How so? I'll get both. Never had 'em. For the price, why not.

I hope you're doing good, Deb. I had Mohs surgery on my back this morning. Thankfully he only had to do one 'scoop' vs. my nose a few years ago. They had to scoop 3 times. I now have a dimple on my nose. :rolleyes:

BTW, fever only lasted one night. I'm good, but really tired. 5hrs sleep. Nap City for me in 30. ?.
Glad your fever did not last long. I feel the flavor is quite improved on the V3 due to the re-design of the airflow. I like the 1/4 turn cap a little better and now having the option of a 510 OR an 810 drip tip. It is also coming with a different sized chimney in the spare baggie for even more options on the airflow.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy B, Caff. I got you on the other thread, too.
WHERE did you get the Aromamizer??? I want to surf like the wind to get one! ?
(I should know the look of all checkout screens by now. )

Ty!

I got it at VapeNW, they have black and SS versions. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy B-Day to Meeeeeeeeeeee!
t0301.gif

Fam was pretty generous on the b-day cash, so I splurged a wee bit.

Still, was only $35-ish for a sixer of 500ml pilsner and the 8yo Speyside single malt. Yes, you tend to get what you pay for, but with a bit of ice it ain't bad at all. :cool:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy B-Day to Meeeeeeeeeeee!
t0301.gif

Fam was pretty generous on the b-day cash, so I splurged a wee bit.

Still, was only $35-ish for a sixer of 500ml pilsner and the 8yo Speyside single malt. Yes, you tend to get what you pay for, but with a bit of ice it ain't bad at all. :cool:

Happy Birthday, drink plenty, and I will have a beer with ya :cheers:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 165950

So did the little hussy share the cake, or did she eat it all herself?

Happy Birthday, Caff!
View attachment 165951

Milly, later tonight! lol

Haha...:D

1. Great image!! I got some carrot cake from Mom, she ain't getting any. ;)
2. I'll have what that cat is drinking, plz

Ty dear...just relaxing here...still hot as Hades.

Not much on sports is interesting, I'll hang out in this stream:
Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/puckvanek

A guy on there gave out like 200 gifted subs last I was there, I got one. That is 5 bucks a pop....

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
COVID-19 UPDATE for Victoria - Saturday 1 August

397 new cases of coronavirus (37 linked to known outbreaks; 360 under investigation)

379 people in hospital; 41 in ICU. Sadly, 4 people have died since yesterday.

1008 active cases linked to aged care settings.

More than 1,633,900 tests have been conducted.

Young people, aged 20 -29, make up the most number of cases (nearly 1/4 of all infections).

Active cases by local government area:
Frankston: 47
Kingston: 52
Mornington Pen: 15
Monash: 72
Casey: 262
Greater Dandenong: 161

Masks/face coverings are mandatory. Do not leave home without your face mask.

There are just FOUR reasons to go out:
shopping for food and essential supplies
health care and caregiving
outdoor exercise
study and work (if you can't work from home).

Get tested if you have any symptoms and wait at home for your results. Do not go out.

We will get through this, together.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This text Full cabinet briefing leak to be announced tomorrow:

Metropolitan Melbourne will move to stage 4 restrictions (likely 12:00am Wednesday although no confirmation yet.)
This will be a New Zealand style lockdown that will last for at least 6 weeks.
Regional Victoria (including Mitchell Shire) will move to stage 3 restrictions.
Years 10 to 12 students in Melbourne and all students in regional Victoria will return to online learning, so their is no disadvantage for students from Melbourne.
We will return to school on Monday and this will likely be our last day.
All shops/businesses will close, except supermarkets, chemists, hospitals and petrol stations & restaurants and cafes will remain open for takeaway and delivery only.
Only 1 person from a family will be allowed out of the house at any time to go to the supermarket.
No one will be able to move more than 5km from there home (including bike riding.)
All public transport will likely be shut down.
Exercise will still be permitted, provided you wear a mask.
Some abattoirs will close, so their may be a shortage of meat.
All construction work will stop.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We're doing ok here. Hubby is taking the day off from working on the deck. Jessie helped him dry off after his shower (she fights him for the towel), then helped him get dressed. Glad it's him and not me! Now they are watching youtube videos. I think I'll do some reading today, so some traveling from my recliner.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning!

We're doing ok here. Hubby is taking the day off from working on the deck. Jessie helped him dry off after his shower (she fights him for the towel), then helped him get dressed. Glad it's him and not me! Now they are watching youtube videos. I think I'll do some reading today, so some traveling from my recliner.

I took a train trip in Switzerland last night on Youtube.
Was quite relaxing and non stressful.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I took a train trip in Switzerland last night on Youtube.
Was quite relaxing and non stressful.

So those fares are pretty reasonable these days? How was the food? :teehee:

(Seems like there's a series of YT videos about that rail trip across northern Scotland, too. Good idea, I might watch those today.)

Night before last I got fired from my job in my dream. All night long, it seemed like, I was getting fired. It was disconcerting, took all day yesterday to shake it off.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So those fares are pretty reasonable these days? How was the food? :teehee:

(Seems like there's a series of YT videos about that rail trip across northern Scotland, too. Good idea, I might watch those today.)

Night before last I got fired from my job in my dream. All night long, it seemed like, I was getting fired. It was disconcerting, took all day yesterday to shake it off.
Food was good I made a big salad, macaroni and tomatoes and a sub sammie.
did not have to tip or wait in any lines or put up with obnoxious fellow travelers. :D

today I am making beanie weenies with Bush's steakhouse recipe baked beans and fried weenie slices and some potato salad to go with. Still have lots of mac and tomato and salad.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8mWulo_qPrlXZZw98nbR7g

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well menu is ready with french fries and or fish in the air fryer.

did not make the potato salad, it is Amish Potato Salad from Wally world. Best pre made potato salad I have found in the stores.

actually my first time cooking up macaroni....
Had to transfer to bigger pot :)
But the mac and tomatoes turned out very well well.
quite delish.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well menu is ready with french fries and or fish in the air fryer.

did not make the potato salad, it is Amish Potato Salad from Wally world. Best pre made potato salad I have found in the stores.

actually my first time cooking up macaroni....
Had to transfer to bigger pot :)
But the mac and tomatoes turned out very well well.
quite delish.

I'd put corn on the cob with that meal. Can't do potato salad. Mayonnaise. ooh shiver!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in and all is pretty good today. Samsung tech is coming back out Tuesday to look at the fridge again. Well, at least they are trying..........

William and Meko are so damn chatty with each other at 3am now. Don't know what the hell they are talking about. lol. Of course he was being all lovey dovey a moment ago and she pounced on him and tried to bite him. I said, See William, I told you she was a bitch lol. Wait till that cone comes off tomorrow, but he didn't even try to fight back but of course I yelled at her and she ran under the bed.

I need to take my older dog in Monday for her rabies shot. We had a damn bat at the back door last night when I was out there with the dogs and Major tried to grab it. He's fine as he had his shots not that long ago, but I need to get her done.

Death to all nasty bats

and pigeons! damn filthy birds. Dave is going tomorrow to get a couple of those big fake owls. I am tired of having to rinse off the patio every night.

That is the excitement for today so far. I hope you all at having a good Saturday

9acee407380429af8198087b08fe5874.jpg

VU Sponsors