VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well guys... looks like being a hermit has done me no good... I am sick ??...
Headache + sneezing that started on Wed, runny nose started yesterday. It's all in my head, no chest issues. Doing okay.
Getting Covid test on Monday. My BF tested positive and had the same symptoms... So it looks like my Thanksgiving is cancelled. I do not know how I was exposed. Only contact I've had is with package and food deliveries.

Ohio is REALLY bad right now... Gov already put us on 10pm curfew, looking like another lock down is on its way.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 13.52.15.pngScreenshot 2020-11-20 13.52.46.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Headache + sneezing that started on Wed, runny nose started yesterday. It's all in my head, no chest issues. Doing okay.
Getting Covid test on Monday. My BF tested positive and had the same symptoms... So it looks like my Thanksgiving is cancelled. I do not know how I was exposed. Only contact I've had is with package and food deliveries.

Ohio is REALLY bad right now... Gov already put us on 10pm curfew, looking like another lock down is on its way.

View attachment 173407View attachment 173406

Dang, here's hoping it is just a regular cold/flu/sinus thing....
fingers-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not much to report so far today...tinkered with some vape things, ate some soup i whipped up, fed Milly, etc. Waiting on a couple College Football games around 4pm.

Very nice weather today, but there is rain and/or snow ahead. (I hate slush)

5fb7f7bb3091b.image_-720x399.jpg

Waiting on Sunday at 7 PM EST/ 4 PST. Hopeful WWE network will allow free viewing of Survivor Series. Supposedly a big bash for Undertaker (Mark Calaway) who has been there for thirty years now. Not much for looking at other sporting stuff. And yes, aware a lot of WWE is scripted, fake. It's still fun to watch for the bit which isn't.

ETA: 1:20 Saturday 11/21 - Learned WWE Network is not letting the free tier users access the PPV even Survivor Series. Think they have a $5 month next tier. Not really sure I'm too bothered. Most of it will get leaked to Youtube.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Pami, I'm so sorry you're sick! Please keep us updated when you feel up to it. Get better soon!!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

OMG, Pami! And you've been so careful about everything. The flu sucks. Better than the alternative though. I hope it doesn't get any worse than it is. And rising cases to boot. How is Chris handling all of this?

Please keep us posted. There are a lot of us that love you around here. :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Walked to TJ's, and for the first time in memory they handed me a plastic bag. I guess paper bags are in short supply now. Errr...What? This is the NW, purdy sure we ain't run out fof trees just yet.

It is a nice reusable bag though.
I carried a 6-pack and 2lb worth of tortilla rounds in it for like 4 blocks and no issues. Except for the two panhandlers I had to tell I didn't use change or cash....the simplest way.

IMG_20201121_135125413_HDR.jpg

Heavy-duty HDPE stuff, says it's washable and all and good for like 130+ uses. o_O

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Fingers crossed for you, this is nothing to mess with

Quick check in - we are good

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
OMG, Pami! And you've been so careful about everything. The flu sucks. Better than the alternative though. I hope it doesn't get any worse than it is. And rising cases to boot. How is Chris handling all of this?

Please keep us posted. There are a lot of us that love you around here. :hug:
Thanks. Chris got home late Friday night. He's pretty much stayed shut in to another room. He heads back out this afternoon, so hopefully he doesn't pick it up. If I test positive, he'll have to quarantine with me for the 2 weeks. Luckily his employer is one that is paying their employees that test positive.

I'm doing okay... sneezing, runny nose, and headache are my main symptoms. I've had a low grade fever (under 100) when I've checked it a couple times, but it's coming and going.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks. Chris got home late Friday night. He's pretty much stayed shut in to another room. He heads back out this afternoon, so hopefully he doesn't pick it up. If I test positive, he'll have to quarantine with me for the 2 weeks. Luckily his employer is one that is paying their employees that test positive.
Good luck pammi, hoping for the best....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm doing okay... sneezing, runny nose, and headache are my main symptoms. I've had a low grade fever (under 100) when I've checked it a couple times, but it's coming and going.

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for both of you, Pami. I hope you feel better soon.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Brrr. Cold this morning here. Hubby went early to our local little market, wanted some fresh veges for a stew. Got there before they opened, 24 people already in line! Once he got inside, said he got what he needed and left in 15 minutes. And, the gov closed Sam's and Albertson's stores here, so people are panicking. Pain in the tush.
Hugs and prayers for those that need them :blowkiss:

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Brrr. Cold this morning here. Hubby went early to our local little market, wanted some fresh veges for a stew. Got there before they opened, 24 people already in line! Once he got inside, said he got what he needed and left in 15 minutes. And, the gov closed Sam's and Albertson's stores here, so people are panicking. Pain in the tush.
Hugs and prayers for those that need them :blowkiss:

Bummers...when I went to Trader Joe's yesterday, there was a line down the block to get in and they were slammed. Pre-Football Weekend stuff mostly, I'd say.

Our Governor laid down some strict stuff basically killing the bar/restaurant scene for the holidays...but grocery stores are open. With mask-only policies and etc. OFC.

It's just another day of another month of another year for me. Sometimes being asocial is useful. ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well the WWE Survivor Series was not completely lost to me. :)

Happen to recall there was a web site streaming the full WWE network, PPVs and warts. So I got to see a few of the matches I hoped to see. More importantly, got to see Undertaker's last appearance & send off. It was very nicely done.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Milly woke me at like 4-something, so I'm awake...sorta.
Seems it snowed over night so she was all excited and had to share. :D

Downtown got a little bit, there is about 2 inches or so up here. It'll melt off before noon though.

capture_20201123_050259.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Milly woke me at like 4-something, so I'm awake...sorta.
Seems it snowed over night so she was all excited and had to share. :D

Downtown got a little bit, there is about 2 inches or so up here. It'll melt off before noon though.

View attachment 173567

I can just remember the feeling of being asleep, knowing there was a cat intently staring into your face. Cat sitting there all all pure predator, just waiting for you to move so it can pounce.

Me and wife used to sleep with a half dozen cats in the bed. We had one named Twinky. I swear he was going to be the next Harpo Marx. Twinky liked listening to Rush.

Me and her got into the habit of leaving the Stage Left cd on to play as we slept. Twinky could be outside, all the way across the bottom. Once he heard the first note of that come on, zoom in he would come and get in bed.

Then, his sister come and drug along the rest of the pride. Now, we got an old man "little" dog, part terrier. He gets in the middle of a Kalifornia King bed, nearly pushes me and her out. I think the cats wanted us in the bed just in case they needed a snack.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can just remember the feeling of being asleep, knowing there was a cat intently staring into your face. Cat sitting there all all pure predator, just waiting for you to move so it can pounce.

Me and wife used to sleep with a half dozen cats in the bed. We had one named Twinky. I swear he was going to be the next Harpo Marx. Twinky liked listening to Rush.

Me and her got into the habit of leaving the Stage Left cd on to play as we slept. Twinky could be outside, all the way across the bottom. Once he heard the first note of that come on, zoom in he would come and get in bed.

Then, his sister come and drug along the rest of the pride. Now, we got an old man "little" dog, part terrier. He gets in the middle of a Kalifornia King bed, nearly pushes me and her out. I think the cats wanted us in the bed just in case they needed a snack.
Yuppers...she'll come RIGHT up to my face and merrow, then boop me in the face with her nose..lol

OFC once I woke up and checked things out, including getting her some food and scooping litter...she went back to sleep.

Is ok, I went to bed right after the KC game so not like I didn't get sleep. Got local news and several TV shows from last night to watch like the NCIS' and Pandora so it's fine. I like the quiet of early mornings before the weirdos wake up. :D

A nice shot from one of the mast cams looking over part of the city:
That's I-90 running through the middle there.

capture_20201123_055736.jpg

Last edited:

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
Here in spain we are a bit in trouble, Been in lockdown again for 2 weeks alredy, and yesterday they announced 2 more weeks... Shutdown had been going on and off for over 6 months now. I am an artisan and currently in big troubles. Had to mortage my house and thing dont seem to get any better. Sad

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here in spain we are a bit in trouble, Been in lockdown again for 2 weeks alredy, and yesterday they announced 2 more weeks... Shutdown had been going on and off for over 6 months now. I am an artisan and currently in big troubles. Had to mortage my house and thing dont seem to get any better. Sad

Apologies if I'm not quite sure how things work in Spain. Here in America it is common to mortgage a house to buy it. Say a house might cost $70,000, if we can put maybe $20,000 toward the cost lenders (be it a bank or other creditors) will pay the rest and let you pay it back with interest. This for us here is simply common process, how one buys a house.

I know this as me and my wife are looking to saving for a "down payment" on something modest say around $50,000. We had to go through a course on buying a home to get considered for some special subsidy lenders.

Do you possibly mean you had to refinance your house, as in take out another mortgage (loan) on it?

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
Apologies if I'm not quite sure how things work in Spain. Here in America it is common to mortgage a house to buy it. Say a house might cost $70,000, if we can put maybe $20,000 toward the cost lenders (be it a bank or other creditors) will pay the rest and let you pay it back with interest. This for us here is simply common process, how one buys a house.

I know this as me and my wife are looking to saving for a "down payment" on something modest say around $50,000. We had to go through a course on buying a home to get considered for some special subsidy lenders.

Do you possibly mean you had to refinance your house, as in take out another mortgage (loan) on it?
I dont know how to say it in english. My house was alredy fully payed... I had to sell it to the bank to get cash to live off. I will then have to eventually pay the house again with interests... or just be a homeless

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dont know how to say it in english. My house was alredy fully payed... I had to sell it to the bank to get cash to live off. I will then have to eventually pay the house again with interests... or just be a homeless

Yes, sounds like refinancing. You took out cash based off the value of your house. Sorry to hear that for anyone.

My wife and I are currently in quarantine. Her sister tested positive (having) Covid-19. We all live in the same very small home so, the officials want us all quarantined.

Wife has a state job that has set aside time for the employees should Covid-19 be an issue. She phoned them this morning to confirm her time off due to being quarantined.

I'm off until after the first of the year due to a foot injury. My job though is only part time for the county. No real good benefits for me yet. I work as a custodian cleaning schools for children to attend.

What kind of artisan are you? What do you craft?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello,everyone.....it’s been a while for me, checking in. But I’m not here to actually do that.....

Has anyone seen @MrMeowgi ? I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve seen him post.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,everyone.....it’s been a while for me, checking in. But I’m not here to actually do that.....

Has anyone seen @MrMeowgi ? I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve seen him post.
Feels like a week since I've posted. Haven't vaped in almost 2 weeks. Keep meaning to start my sales up again as I don't think I'll be vaping any more. A lot to go through for selling. Plus tons of juice that I bought a couple months back. I still lurk around but don't have much to add to anything lately. Thanks for thinking of me though. Too sweet.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We picked up our order at Wally's yesterday, went pretty well! Only 6 cars in line when we got there, 2 employees loading orders. We were in & out in about 40 minutes, and got everything we ordered. Win!!! After getting it inside and put away (with Jessie's help), we decided to just loaf. It was a good day.

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Feels like a week since I've posted. Haven't vaped in almost 2 weeks. Keep meaning to start my sales up again as I don't think I'll be vaping any more. A lot to go through for selling. Plus tons of juice that I bought a couple months back. I still lurk around but don't have much to add to anything lately. Thanks for thinking of me though. Too sweet.

Congratulations on kicking the nic @MrMeowgi!!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Well, damn! No wonder! Congrats on kicking the nic, dude! I miss you around here!!!:hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, not a lot to report..record numbers of covid-related stuff here, it's like it's Spring again. :(

Not worried here much though.

I trimmed and portioned out 8oz/ea. freezer baggies of chicken breast from a 3lb pack, that took awhile. Much easier to store flat that way in the freezer and to make up Milly's food later.

Made a nice pita, gonna catch up on a few shows now that is no sports on.

Milly is fine, if a bit cranky as I'm phasing her off the damn kibble.
She threw up yesterday for the first time ever and it was all semi-digested kibble. She must be swallowing it whole or something. Screw that.

Just going to be meat for her, with a few of her teeth-cleaning catnip treats so she doesn't go completely insane on me. She's verrry stubborn and willful and made life hell for half a day, but a hungry cat soon learns to eat what is given.

This was her third half-plate today. I've found she doesn't like a plate completely full, giver her half of a plate more spread out, and it's gone.

IMG_0931.JPG

It's good, as cats are made for multiple small meals a day. ?

Still haven't heard anything from the Fam since we went shopping last, which is pretty normal. I don't expect any TG Dinner plans, but wish they'd at least tell me something.

Be well everyone...

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, not a lot to report..record numbers of covid-related stuff here, it's like it's Spring again. :(

Not worried here much though.

I trimmed and portioned out 8oz/ea. freezer baggies of chicken breast from a 3lb pack, that took awhile. Much easier to store flat that way in the freezer and to make up Milly's food later.

Made a nice pita, gonna catch up on a few shows now that is no sports on.

Milly is fine, if a bit cranky as I'm phasing her off the damn kibble.
She threw up yesterday for the first time ever and it was all semi-digested kibble. She must be swallowing it whole or something. Screw that.

Just going to be meat for her, with a few of her teeth-cleaning catnip treats so she doesn't go completely insane on me. She's verrry stubborn and willful and made life hell for half a day, but a hungry cat soon learns to eat what is given.

This was her third half-plate today. I've found she doesn't like a plate completely full, giver her half of a plate more spread out, and it's gone.

View attachment 173662

It's good, as cats are made for multiple small meals a day. ?

Still haven't heard anything from the Fam since we went shopping last, which is pretty normal. I don't expect any TG Dinner plans, but wish they'd at least tell me something.

Be well everyone...
Your cat made me laugh,, my spoiled dog wont eat out of bowl or plate,, she eats from an old stainless steel spoon rest we had on the stove. - we had to go buy another one just for the stove. + Yes, stainless steel water bowl,, I figure she smells plastic,,she is not a fan of ceramic or glass. - she will drink water from a tiny plastic "salad dressing" to go cup thing when we travel.

She eats whatever meat we are eating,, or canned chicken,, lunch meat.. loves seafood,,?

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We are having a quiet day, and we are going to have a quiet day tomorrow. Just the way we like it! Lots of phone calls and messages, lots of caring & sharing. Jessie is plenty of excitement! We're going to have ham, sweet potatoes, and salad for Thanksgiving dinner. Yummy! Jessie loves the smell of ham, won't eat it though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Merry Thanksgiving Everyone!!

We're good over here, I'm just munching pizza and watching football.
I did get a hold of Dad, he hasn't been getting his texts lately he said...go figure. Texted with sis a bit too so that's good. Seems they are all ok. :)

Milly sez Merrrow....

IMG_20201126_102609.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors