Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My husband got admitted to the ER and sent to the hospital in the city. It turns out he has atrial fibrillation, like my mother had. He is refusing to let them kickstart his heart, because we know that weakened my mother's heart, leading to her death. He would rather see what medications they think would fix it without causing too many side effects.

If they think he will eat a vegan diet, they are fooling themselves. Sure, he likes salads. But, he enjoys steaks and bacon too.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My husband got admitted to the ER and sent to the hospital in the city. It turns out he has atrial fibrillation, like my mother had. He is refusing to let them kickstart his heart, because we know that weakened my mother's heart, leading to her death. He would rather see what medications they think would fix it without causing too many side effects.

If they think he will eat a vegan diet, they are fooling themselves. Sure, he likes salads. But, he enjoys steaks and bacon too.

So sorry :hug: , I hope they will find something that will help him.
Have you looked/searched on @Jimi Health thread. Hopefully, there is something that may help your husband.

Hope he will be ok and will be home soon. Take care and Prayers for your husband and you.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will put him on a beta blocker. I've been taking one for years - Afib is EVERYWHERE in my mother's family, and she and most of her siblings died from Afib/pulmonary emboli/cardiac infarction, like a boulder speeding down a hill. Sometimes warfarin or comparable is helpful, too, to keep clots from forming..

Before the beta blocker, I used to feel those flutters in my chest, or a strange feeling followed by one really HARD heartbeat (almost like my heart momentarily stopped and then kick-started itself again), and I know good and well the Afib was starting up with me. Average pulse was about 110, and doc insisted on the bb. Now I never feel that weirdness, and my pulse stays around 65 all the time.,

If they do give him one, please nag him to never miss a dose. It'll be for his own good. <3 Hope he's home and doing better soon.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is home now. The paramedics had said his heart rate fell to 40 bpm. When working, his heart rate is normally above 105 bpm due to the type of work he does.

They got him on 6 types of meds now. I'm reluctant to say which ones, due to the filters possibly calling me a spammer again (like when I mentioned b o t o x in the past.) He did say that if that happens to him again at work while he is on the meds, he will have to find another line of work or go on disability. There ain't much work out here for a middle to older aged guy with no fancy college degree and a brown nose.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'm sure they will be able to help him, afib is pretty common. Sorry he's going through this, pretty scary.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
He is home now. The paramedics had said his heart rate fell to 40 bpm. When working, his heart rate is normally above 105 bpm due to the type of work he does.

They got him on 6 types of meds now. I'm reluctant to say which ones, due to the filters possibly calling me a spammer again (like when I mentioned b o t o x in the past.) He did say that if that happens to him again at work while he is on the meds, he will have to find another line of work or go on disability. There ain't much work out here for a middle to older aged guy with no fancy college degree and a brown nose.
Here's hoping the best for you both. 👍

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
002e004ae9accda204e730da63999f4a.jpg
89fc8fac0e4816c355e6eaf78703c7ac.jpg
0c0e51b8b5c9762718e235afd0d48df5.jpg
f25bf6520f70d0379a12d35a6e06c416.jpg
98073bb142cb61ccae0048bc1cc99b92.jpg
08ebcd9d9ec937474cd0d42c4f816a1d.jpg
283353db3408e8027606c41cb608e287.jpg
966f1cc7310a3d322401a03d215340b2.jpg
32282cac1d0bd791a3cce9312bd3e7e8.jpg

Wow, didn't expect to see this about YOU Dan

Dogman Terrifies Fisherman In Australian Outback

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I had missed your first post but I am glad he is home now. Thinking good thoughts for both of you. Hopefully the meds will take care of it for him.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got back from Thanksgiving at my sister's. I don't want to go into details, but... I decided to enjoy the rest of my evening right. A little Wild Turkey mixed with cherry vanilla coke should take care of the stress that came from all the yelling over one another just to be heard.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Cyber Monday, any of you shopping today? I haven't seen anything that I want or need, so I'll just save my money!

We still have fairly nice weather here, in the 50-60's. Lots of sun, that helps. We finished cleaning out the storage unit, just need to sweep it out and notify the office. I'll be so glad to be done with it!

Jessie and I are doing ok, day at a time. The kids are keeping on eye on me, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Cyber Monday, any of you shopping today? I haven't seen anything that I want or need, so I'll just save my money!

We still have fairly nice weather here, in the 50-60's. Lots of sun, that helps. We finished cleaning out the storage unit, just need to sweep it out and notify the office. I'll be so glad to be done with it!

Jessie and I are doing ok, day at a time. The kids are keeping on eye on me, lol.

Well, I ordered some coffee just now, that's all the shopping I've done so far today. Still have a few gifts to buy, but they're tough ones, and I need to get it together to decide on what to order!

Met up with my youngest daughter and her new hubby yesterday for a late lunch. It was so good to see them. It's been almost two years since we had our last visit. She is quite pregnant, but looks so healthy and happy, it was just about overwhelming to me. Made me so happy.

Got the tree up on Saturday. Easiest tree I've ever put up, I think. I ordered a 4 foot fiber optic tree from Amazon, and it's basically plug-and-play. I did put a box of Old World Christmas ornaments on it, but shoot, about 20 minutes shaping branches and another 20 minutes adding ornaments, and I was finished. First tree I've put up in three years,

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Doing so so here. Not sure me & wife will do any Christmas decorations. Seems we both feel lackluster regarding Christmas anyway. We're like that on a bunch though, neither of us get too enthused over much of anything.

We may both want to feel differently. Unfortunately that cosmic joke of the magic "it" doesn't happen for us. We're not bothered to chase the "it" either as the "it" is just a farce.

Everyone says "well you have to find "it" for yourself", "you'll know "it" when you see "it"." No one can can explain in any satisfactory manner what "it" appears being, no traces, no evidence of "it" to let one know you're closing in. So yeah, "it" is a farce.

Since "it" doesn't happen for us, we just do as we do, plug on. And that's why lots of times days are all the same to me. Why everything goes so so. Some believe in fairy tales, some don't. Guess we believe there's still magic & wonder in the world but forego the fairy tales. *shrugs* Not sure, not sure it matters either.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got that wall stained. Will make a good accent wall. Windows will stay open for a while with a fan blowing the fumes out as much as possible before I get some water based sealer to paint over it for a clear coat.

Pickup truck is all loaded up with trash for tomorrow. Will definitely need to get that dumped. It's nice to get that out of the yard tho.

16383182554186857720108724496099.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got that wall stained. Will make a good accent wall. Windows will stay open for a while with a fan blowing the fumes out as much as possible before I get some water based sealer to paint over it for a clear coat.

Pickup truck is all loaded up with trash for tomorrow. Will definitely need to get that dumped. It's nice to get that out of the yard tho.

View attachment 188254
Well done.
Hey, hows your husband doing? All good I hope. 👍

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I hope you all are doing well! The weather is still in the 70's, for now, feels good. Jessie is spending lots of time on the deck, soaking up the sunshine. I've been going out and brushing her every few days. She's shedding, a lot, getting ready for her winter coat. I have to use 2 brushes so she can rub one one while I brush with the other.

I sold some of Hubby's fishing gear, so I treated myself to a couple of Dvarw's (sp?)
from Fasttech. I wanted them for back up, I don't want to rely on trying to make tiny coils for my Ego One tanks.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Evening all. We are in escrow! Not quite set in stone yet as the inspector comes tomorrow. I should be in PA the week of Christmas! Got new snow boots, jacket and thermals......I'm SO ready lol. This has been one hell of a tiring experience. He will live in OK while building the house. He is thinking of getting a RV once the road, well and electric is all done out there. Good luck to him. Truly, I do hope the best for him. and the other 3 family members have not chipped in a damn thing yet for all that needs to be done. I knew they wouldn't. I actually find it funny.

I will have all that I need in PA. I don't have all that much because I don't hoard. (vape stuff does NOT count lol) I like things kept simple. My animals, my few personal things (clothes, computers, vape stuff, daily essential living things etc. ) Yep, I'm good. I will have my own place to stay (even though there isn't really a true kitchen) I have electric fry pans and a hot air fryer, steamer, microwave, small fridge and freezer etc. The barn that is on my daughter's property is fully finished. I mean other than it not having a full kitchen like I mentioned, but hell, I can improvise. I'm handy like that. It will be so damn nice to finally have some peace and serenity. :) Whoooooo hoooooo

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Evening all. We are in escrow! Not quite set in stone yet as the inspector comes tomorrow. I should be in PA the week of Christmas! Got new snow boots, jacket and thermals......I'm SO ready lol. This has been one hell of a tiring experience. He will live in OK while building the house. He is thinking of getting a RV once the road, well and electric is all done out there. Good luck to him. Truly, I do hope the best for him. and the other 3 family members have not chipped in a damn thing yet for all that needs to be done. I knew they wouldn't. I actually find it funny.

I will have all that I need in PA. I don't have all that much because I don't hoard. (vape stuff does NOT count lol) I like things kept simple. My animals, my few personal things (clothes, computers, vape stuff, daily essential living things etc. ) Yep, I'm good. I will have my own place to stay (even though there isn't really a true kitchen) I have electric fry pans and a hot air fryer, steamer, microwave, small fridge and freezer etc. The barn that is on my daughter's property is fully finished. I mean other than it not having a full kitchen like I mentioned, but hell, I can improvise. I'm handy like that. It will be so damn nice to finally have some peace and serenity. :) Whoooooo hoooooo

I will be thinking all good thoughts for you, for the inspection to go well and everything beyond that to go the very best for you.

Don't know where in PA you'll be, but on one side you have the ocean wind, and on the other side you have mountains, so it's gonna be cold as a bitch either way, especially with you being used to Nevada's dry heat. I hope there's good heat in your new living space. Otherwise, hit Macy's up for blankets. They had some really super deals over Black Friday.

I'm over-the-moon happy for you. Please, keep us posted! :hug:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will be thinking all good thoughts for you, for the inspection to go well and everything beyond that to go the very best for you.

Don't know where in PA you'll be, but on one side you have the ocean wind, and on the other side you have mountains, so it's gonna be cold as a bitch either way, especially with you being used to Nevada's dry heat. I hope there's good heat in your new living space. Otherwise, hit Macy's up for blankets. They had some really super deals over Black Friday.

I'm over-the-moon happy for you. Please, keep us posted! :hug:
Thanks so much ! I will be right near Erie PA. Little town called Fairview and ooooooh, you're right, it's gonna be cold. I don't mind one bit either. :)
oh and I have a super nice soft and fluffy electric blankie and my daughter says she expects me to have the heat up, being that I wont be used to it. That said, I will be mindful of what I am using and keep it turned down best I can.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks so much ! I will be right near Erie PA. Little town called Fairview and ooooooh, you're right, it's gonna be cold. I don't mind one bit either. :)
oh and I have a super nice soft and fluffy electric blankie and my daughter says she expects me to have the heat up, being that I wont be used to it. That said, I will be mindful of what I am using and keep it turned down best I can.

Well shiver-me-timbers, darlin, you are gonna need GLOVES, too. That's not just cold - that's lake-effect SNOW.

Biggest snow storm I've ever been in was an Alberta Clipper that brought snow down from Canada, across the Great Lakes, and it was still going strong when it got clear to southern Virginia. Dumped 22 inches of snow on us in South Boston in January of 2000. You might have to change your member name to Debsicle! lol

Still happy for ya. You'll be fine. Happiness will carry you through. <3

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well shiver-me-timbers, darlin, you are gonna need GLOVES, too. That's not just cold - that's lake-effect SNOW.

Biggest snow storm I've ever been in was an Alberta Clipper that brought snow down from Canada, across the Great Lakes, and it was still going strong when it got clear to southern Virginia. Dumped 22 inches of snow on us in South Boston in January of 2000. You might have to change your member name to Debsicle! lol

Still happy for ya. You'll be fine. Happiness will carry you through. <3
Gloves hell! You're gonna need mittens. Frost bite happens easy through gloves. Let those fingers use the buddy system to keep each other warm.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Jacket (could have been a little longer though ) boots, gloves and thermals! :) Oh, I will be okay. I don't go out much. I lived in Montana for about 6 years and it would get to -30 at times. Ya, you didn't go out those days. Car wouldn't even start lol. I do still have some of my warm sweaters from then. If I find I need something, I will get it. Thanks all :)

IMG_20211206_095626712.jpg

IMG_20211206_095608754.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

If you don’t have a kitchen Deb, grab you some cast iron so you can cook on a fire outside

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Jacket (could have been a little longer though ) boots, gloves and thermals! :) Oh, I will be okay. I don't go out much. I lived in Montana for about 6 years and it would get to -30 at times. Ya, you didn't go out those days. Car wouldn't even start lol. I do still have some of my warm sweaters from then. If I find I need something, I will get it. Thanks all :)

View attachment 188446

View attachment 188447
You can get power heated clothing like the ones in the link, gloves too.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMFG be ready for the rant. First the inspector was an absolute gem and so nice. Well the Father of the woman buying the house and their realtor show up right behind the inspector and proceed to sit on my couch and then follow the inspector around , then go back to my couch saying they need this paper work or that. The inspector called me into the back bedroom while he was there like saying he needed to see where something was (while they were busy chatting ) and said he was so pissed off at how inconsiderate they were.

He told them ahead of time, that it's fine if you want to come but wait an hour to an hour and half before you do so I can go through first. He said it is people like them that think they can do whatever they want that really piss him off. When I called Dave and told him what was going on man he was livid. I went back inside ( I stepped outside to talk to Dave ) and I said to them exactly why are you here right now and why did you not wait?

The man gave me the dirtiest look and was very rude and said this is how we always do it. He apparently has several rentals here. He only lives about 4 min away which doesn't make me feel all that great as he made me very uneasy. Dave told me I should have told them to leave, but I told Dave to put himself in my shoes, I didn't want him thinking I was trying to sabotage anything. But ya he's pissed they did that to me. This is still MY HOME!! Their realtor is talking about how we need to set up a time for the final walkthrough and again it was everything I could do to not say, ya if it gets that far. Dave told me I should have said that exactly! My god what is wrong with people today.

The inspector also apologized saying that MY realtor should really have been here for this. Ya well we all know by now that we have the crappiest realtor around. Nothing we can do about that now.

Good god they were here for 3 and a half hours because they kept holding up the inspector
Then they tell me I need to go outside and clear the leaves away from under the BBQ so they can see where the shut off is. BITE ME. I did tell them that maybe I will get out there tomorrow if I feel up to it.

Dave already said we will give them a small amount for any thing they feel they want fixed and take it or leave it.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@debinnv
It sucks doesn't it how some treat renters. They see us as nothing.
I'm feeling it. We were in a place once where we got up in the morning to find the owner had decided he was going to sell, we were not told, and he was at 7 am painting the window frames sprucing it up!
I was "mate, what are you doing!?"
He says "its my house I'll do what I like".
He even dripped paint all over my wifes pot plants she had!
I complained to the real estate agent and the result was he still kept coming, another morning we woke up to him doing something to the roof!
We got an envelope in the mailbox with 20 bucks in it saying "this should cover you buying some new plants". Yeah right, maybe 1 plant but not the several that had paint all over the leaves.
Im at the point these days that I can't stomach even going shopping and being around people.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@debinnv
I'm feeling it. We were in a place once where we got up in the morning to find the owner had decided he was going to sell, we were not told, and he was at 7 am painting the window frames sprucing it up!
I complained to the real estate agent and the result was he still kept coming, another morning we woke up to him doing something to the roof!
We got an envelope in the mailbox with 20 bucks in it saying "this should cover you buying some new plants". Yeah right, maybe 1 plant but not the several that had paint all over the leaves.
Im at the point these days that I can't stomach even going shopping and being around people.
I hear you. It truly is sad, but at least the inspector was truly very nice and he love the dogs and let them follow him around :) I was trying to keep them away and in a different room with a gate up and he said, oh no, let them out, they are fine. I didn't ask the other people if it was okay lol

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@debinnv
I always hated apartments, but with the one house I rented, I impressed the landlady. When I moved in, I repainted everything after fixing holes in the walls. The was no shower, just a tub. I bought and installed a shower curtain rail to surround it, and got 2 shower curtains. I called the landlady about having a shower conversion done. She had a plumber do that the next day.

Even after my housemate caused a fire on the stove that was bad enough to set off the fire alarm, and scorch the cabinet above the stove, the landlady did not have to worry about it. I repainted the entire kitchen after cleaning everything up. When my landlady came over, she could not believe it.

Of course I got rid of that lazy good for nothing housemate as soon as I could. No more renting for me either.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, have an update already. Dave just got off the phone with our realtor. I guess the buyers realtor said it went very well and they are only going to ask for a few things. Now, what those things are we don't know yet, so we will see. Our realtor also said it was totally unacceptable what they did but well, it's after the fact so. Boy, I will glad when this is over, as I am sure you all will be too. That way you wont have to read my many rants anymore lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, have an update already. Dave just got off the phone with our realtor. I guess the buyers realtor said it went very well and they are only going to ask for a few things. Now, what those things are we don't know yet, so we will see. Our realtor also said it was totally unacceptable what they did but well, it's after the fact so. Boy, I will glad when this is over, as I am sure you all will be too. That way you wont have to read my many rants anymore lol

Your situation kinda reminds me of my good friend who used to live here in the same town as me, when she put her house on the market the first time. She'd been living there for well over 20 years, so I guess she just didn't realize how nosy and rude people can be when they walk through a house that someone is still living in.

She was mortified. They opened her f'n dresser drawers! Plundered through her stuff. Like her dressers and chests of drawers were part of the house! Of course they also opened all the cabinets and closets, looked up under all the sinks, and I can understand that because a person wants to see the condition of all the parts of the house. But OPENING DRESSER DRAWERS? REALLY?

Like @misswish said, you go ahead and rant away if you need to. People can be incredibly dense and inconsiderate, even those folks who come in looking like they just came from church and have high-and-mighty attitudes.

Oh, that leads me to another story. One Sunday at mid-day I was sitting inside Burger King eating a burger for lunch. This new-ish Cadillac pulled into a parking space that was right in my field of vision. Two mid-60s-aged church people (I assume, since they looked like they just came from church, and it was about 12:30 on a Sunday) got out of the Caddy with their big plastic Burger King cups in hand. They walked into the BK, went straight to the soda fountain/ice machine and filled their cups with ice and soda, then left the restaurant, got back in their car and drove away.

Big drinks like that at BK cost about $2.29 each. I wonder if those people go and get their "free refills" every Sunday after church? In a year's time, that's about $250 worth of soda. It's enough to get arrested for. Furthermore, if it had been a couple of rough-looking people, or black or Latino teenagers, the employees in BK would have called the cops. But anyway, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Point being, there is just no accounting for the things that people will do and think they are ok. They will be all judgmental about the things YOU do, but they cut themselves an awful lot of slack. People tell me it's not worth getting upset over, and I guess that's true, but it's tough for me to just ignore that kind of shit.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
andddd last night I get a call from Dave around 10pm ( he was still in route to OK) so an 18 wheeler that was hauling a bunch of cattle flips and cows go everywhere. Dave saw it coming and fortunately had already started to slow down BUT he hit a cow. Pushed the grill of the truck back to where he couldn't move it. Fortunately there were firemen there that were able to get the grill pulled back out to where he could at least drive.

my God, what else could go wrong here. I need a valium the size of a football lol

he has to crawl in and out of the passenger side but at least the truck is mechanically sound so far. We really don't have time to be getting stuff fixed and or having the insurance company do whatever they are gonna do

f085d939-965c-4d61-b0f2-1f6961711028.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
andddd last night I get a call from Dave around 10pm ( he was still in route to OK) so an 18 wheeler that was hauling a bunch of cattle flips and cows go everywhere. Dave saw it coming and fortunately had already started to slow down BUT he hit a cow. Pushed the grill of the truck back to where he couldn't move it. Fortunately there were firemen there that were able to get the grill pulled back out to where he could at least drive.

my God, what else could go wrong here. I need a valium the size of a football lol

he has to crawl in and out of the passenger side but at least the truck is mechanically sound so far. We really don't have time to be getting stuff fixed and or having the insurance company do whatever they are gonna do

View attachment 188483
What a blow to your move! Good he's ok though and you can continue.
Hitting a cow though, unreal!
Here's hoping the rest goes along without any more issues.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What a blow to your move! Good he's ok though and you can continue.
Hitting a cow though, unreal!
Here's hoping the rest goes along without any more issues.
Thanks and yes, me too. Phew, what a ride. They arrested the driver of the 18 wheeler on the spot. He was drunk. There were quite a few other cars involved in this and no one was killed and all walked away with just some minor injuries. There was one guy, his car would not move at all, so Dave said he would take him into Oklahoma City to a hotel and where he could get to a phone. So they exchanged numbers and the guy already has an attorney as there will be a lawsuit. Dave told me a bit okay he has a chipped tooth and hurts all over. I told him he needs to go get checked out right now. This stuff ( whiplash etc. ) can crop up a few days after the fact and I want him to get checked.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's task was taking an old aluminum window awning, and getting it all cleaned up, putting a couple coats of spray paint on it (gloss white), and putting it back up over the new windows.

I'll wind up making an awning for the single window on that side of the house. I can use vinyl 1x4s and do it for under $50. To buy a new one to match what we have is $370 + tax and shipping.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks and yes, me too. Phew, what a ride. They arrested the driver of the 18 wheeler on the spot. He was drunk. There were quite a few other cars involved in this and no one was killed and all walked away with just some minor injuries. There was one guy, his car would not move at all, so Dave said he would take him into Oklahoma City to a hotel and where he could get to a phone. So they exchanged numbers and the guy already has an attorney as there will be a lawsuit. Dave told me a bit okay he has a chipped tooth and hurts all over. I told him he needs to go get checked out right now. This stuff ( whiplash etc. ) can crop up a few days after the fact and I want him to get checked.
Yeah, make him follow up and go full on for his truck and everything else. Nice looking rig. Id be as dirty as if my ride that good ended up like that. Make him get checked up. That's no minor incident. Things like that can take a few yrs to show up as one ages. I know, an accident I once had did. Im not old as such but an issue I have now was from an old accident that at the time I thought I was ok. That wasn't a minor from what I see.
All the best with the rest of your move, a move is stressful enough without having to deal with an accident, let alone it being hitting a cow at speed! That's just nuts!
Good luck!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Today's task was taking an old aluminum window awning, and getting it all cleaned up, putting a couple coats of spray paint on it (gloss white), and putting it back up over the new windows.

I'll wind up making an awning for the single window on that side of the house. I can use vinyl 1x4s and do it for under $50. To buy a new one to match what we have is $370 + tax and shipping.
Sounds about the same as that type of thing would be here.
Thats if you could get a tradesmen to be bothered to do anything here.
Still waiting for our concrete garage roof to be fixed 11 months later.
Pathetic here.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today, we got the shower floor out of the add-on. I have to replace part of the floor underneath. I drained the battery on my cordless circular saw, and used the vibrating saw until it got too hot to handle. I'm letting it cool off, and am recharging that battery as I type this. That shower floor is so brittle that when I tossed it outside, a piece of PVC plumbing ripped a huge chunk right out of it.

We are not putting in another shower. We figure that having a bath and a half is sufficient for a 2 bedroom ranch style house. Plus, at the cost of stuff these days, and the short supply, it just ain't worth getting another shower.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We now live in fear of electrocution when it rains. The power point gets saturated in water, water runs down the wall and we run a power lead downstairs to be able to safely use the washing machine.
Nobody will come and fix it. We can't move out as there is now zero properties here now to go to since people came here in droves from Melbourne to escape future lockdowns.
They drove house prices to buy up by $100,000, wiped out rentals and drove the rental prices up by $50 to $150 a week. The influx has ruined the town.
Downstairs danger zone.
IMG_20211201_195407_075.jpg
IMG_20211201_175546_935.jpg
IMG_20211201_175400_005.jpg
IMG_20211203_110322_141~2.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
:D @Lady Sarah
I spent hours online checking for what I can do. Have done it numerous times sending the owner and real estate people the info, saying I'll fix it myself. Was declined every time.
But today saw a Tape from 3m that others used, not its purpose, but they say it worked. I went and got a roll, just 3m Tartan PVC duct tape. So I cut a length, put it on the concrete, stepped on it with all my weight like I read to do. Not from 3m site but others. Then I wet it all around! I was amazed, it stayed sealed! It stuck to the concrete like it was a smooth surface.
Now I dont doubt that it will eventually give way, but I was amazed! I think it will save us between rains and stop the worst of it! So I got several rolls of it, all the shop had, that by my guess will keep us safe. Thankfully it was a shop I could buy from without needing a Covid Passport too. 👍
This.....
IMG_20211209_172541_399~2.jpg
I was amazed how it stuck to our concrete! Ill be happy if it lasts and just stops 1 or 2 rains till the next time I might need to use it. Happy day :D

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:D @Lady Sarah
I spent hours online checking for what I can do. Have done it numerous times sending the owner and real estate people the info, saying I'll fix it myself. Was declined every time.
But today saw a Tape from 3m that others used, not its purpose, but they say it worked. I went and got a roll, just 3m Tartan PVC duct tape. So I cut a length, put it on the concrete, stepped on it with all my weight like I read to do. Not from 3m site but others. Then I wet it all around! I was amazed, it stayed sealed! It stuck to the concrete like it was a smooth surface.
Now I dont doubt that it will eventually give way, but I was amazed! I think it will save us between rains and stop the worst of it! So I got several rolls of it, all the shop had, that by my guess will keep us safe. Thankfully it was a shop I could buy from without needing a Covid Passport too. 👍
This.....
View attachment 188546
I was amazed how it stuck to our concrete! Ill be happy if it lasts and just stops 1 or 2 rains till the next time I might need to use it. Happy day :D
They got thus other stuff out now. Flex Tape. It comes in white, black, or clear. I suppose you could protect your outlets with their Flex Spray to waterproof them. Look at their other stuff they make. It's crazy. You could fix your place up pretty good with what they got.

61z7hfp5LRL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They got thus other stuff out now. Flex Tape. It comes in white, black, or clear. I suppose you could protect your outlets with their Flex Spray to waterproof them. Look at their other stuff they make. It's crazy. You could fix your place up pretty good with what they got.

View attachment 188557
Thanks for the info. I like the look of their sprays and pastes.
That tape iv seen on adds, looks good doesn't it. If it was 1 crack id get some. There are multiple long ones, all added together 10 plus meters of cracks. Id probably end up needing 300 to 400 dollars worth. I'll see how this stuff I got goes next week when more rain is forecast. I just went out and checked my test bit and its still stuck there good.
Will give the concrete a quick scrub tommorow on the roof to clean it up. Will dry quick as were going to have a couple of days 30 to 33 c. I'll tape them up then cover it with a plastic sheet. We'll see. 👍

VU Sponsors