Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ROFL - weird is completely perspective based... :)

True, and I like weird quite a lot... if you knew my husband, you'd understand. :D (his nickname back in Missouri was "Wayne the Weirdo"). I've always been extremely weird myself -- which is mostly why I'm a hermit, I'm just not NOT LIKE other people. At all.

I just had no idea that so many ECFers were also rather weird -- everything over there gets bland'ed down to vanilla.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess it kinda makes sense, though -- we're the ones who decided we were so fed up with smoking, we did the unthinkable and started vaping instead. Just look how many smokers have this "holier than thou" attitude of "Oh, I'd never do THAT, I'd just quit the NORMAL way." Of course they rarely do, because quitting smoking is a BITCH FROM HELL. But they think WE'RE weird, for finding something new and different that makes it easy.

They don't know that they're sheep, and that the joke's on them.

Andria

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess it kinda makes sense, though -- we're the ones who decided we were so fed up with smoking, we did the unthinkable and started vaping instead. Just look how many smokers have this "holier than thou" attitude of "Oh, I'd never do THAT, I'd just quit the NORMAL way." Of course they rarely do, because quitting smoking is a BITCH FROM HELL. But they think WE'RE weird, for finding something new and different that makes it easy.

They don't know that they're sheep, and that the joke's on them.

Andria
seems way too many folks have been conditioned by culture, society and craptastic media to 'believe the hype' - they google search vaping and then click on the first sponsored (by big tobacco) link to do their "research"... sheeple, indeed

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is no normal. Only YOUR perception of what normal is. We are all weird. The moment you believe that you are normal, is the moment you show me how weird you really are. Me...............Im fuckin out there...........wanna play? LOL

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay folks, not to put a damper on the weird-fest, in favor of actual vaping posts - but who has opinions on Pima vs. Cotton Bacon. I have both in my greedy little hands and am undecided on which to use to rewick with Chalice III.

To muddy the waters, the seller included a nice size sample of Native Wicks platinum blend (whatever that means!)

DC2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty normal, but only in a weird way, and only when I want to be.
I'm not sure if that counts, and I'm not sure anyone is counting.

But in case there is counting going on...
Count me in, or count me out, depending on what is being counted.
:giggle:

I guess my motto is...
I'll play your stupid game if I must, but I will not let it define me.
And if I am forced to play your stupid game, I'll throw shit at you when you aren't looking.

Well, depending on who you are and how much power you have over my life...
I may actually throw shit at you WHILE you are looking, or not throw shit at you at all...

But if I don't throw shit at you, I'll definitely call you names under my breath.

Yeah, I know, it's kind of a long motto.
:giggle:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay folks, not to put a damper on the weird-fest, in favor of actual vaping posts - but who has opinions on Pima vs. Cotton Bacon. I have both in my greedy little hands and am undecided on which to use to rewick with Chalice III.

To muddy the waters, the seller included a nice size sample of Native Wicks platinum blend (whatever that means!)
You know they're gonna say use rayon, right? lol

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
i have some supima gold cotton that i have been loving - have used cotton bacon (and have some still) and have used the original native wick (not sure about difference with platinum blend, but original is VERY good)... mostly been using the supima gold PIMA cotton, lately, though

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have some supima gold cotton that i have been loving - have used cotton bacon (and have some still) and have used the original native wick (not sure about difference with platinum blend, but original is VERY good)... mostly been using the supima gold PIMA cotton, lately, though
That Vaper's Choice is supposed to be Pima, I think

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've tried neither, so, I'm about as useful as boobs on a nun on this subject

That's okay Hank --- I probably wouldn't have listened anyway.

Thanks for the advice Kad and Vesuvius, If I really wanted to I guess I could vape a tampon but I want to play with cotton.

I think you must have misunderstood something somewhere along the line. You aren't supposed to dick with it, you are supposed to wick with it.:D

No wonder that last build tasted off ---

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RAYON!

Ok, but in all seriousness, Rayon!

I like the cotton bacon v2 I got recently to try out better than the average Japanese Organic. I would say its easily my second choice for wicks. I have never tried PIMA though.

sent using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
RAYON!

Ok, but in all seriousness, Rayon!

I like the cotton bacon v2 I got recently to try out better than the average Japanese Organic. I would say its easily my second choice for wicks. I have never tried PIMA though.

sent using Tapatalk

Let's see, the bag says version 2. I was going to redo both my BF but one of them is hitting so out-of-this-world right now I don't want to mess with success, lol.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well, I just received my Tsunami (DO NOT VAPE WITHOUT A MAJOR BATH! YUCK! FUNKY MONKEY ALERT!!!) so I took the opportunity to break out the wonderful swag bags full O Iguana Prezzies, which include the SUpima GOLD! It's not cotton. It is SO dense, SO soft, SO white, I am PRETTY sure that somewhere down in Tennessee, there is a poor lil albino Chinchilla running around nekkid!

It takes FOREVER to initially saturate, but mang does it hold some serious quantity! It's probably because I didn't prep it right. If I remember correctly, Mssr. Iguana (DOCTOR Iguana, he doesn't pile it higher and deeper to be called MISTER) had some Pro-Tips that involved some oral manipulations to excite the wick to ready it for use. I was excited, and forgot the particulars. Maybe he would be willing to.... entertain, yah, that's the word, a request to describe it again?

Last edited:

Tol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I just received my Tsunami (DO NOT VAPE WITHOUT A MAJOR BATH! YUCK! FUNKY MONKEY ALERT!!!) so I took the opportunity to break out the wonderful swag bags full O Iguana Prezzies, which include the SUpima GOLD! It's not cotton. It is SO dense, SO soft, SO white, I am PRETTY sure that someone down in Tennessee, there is a poor lil albino Chinchilla running around nekkid!

It takes FOREVER to initially saturate, but mang does it hold some serious quantity! It's probably because I didn't prep it right. If I remember correctly, Mssr. Iguana (DOCTOR Iguana, he doesn't pile it higher and deeper to be called MISTER) had some Pro-Tips that involved some oral manipulations to excite the wick to ready it for use. I was excited, and forgot the particulars. Maybe he would be willing to.... entertain, yah, that's the word, a request to describe it again?
Mine was the cleanest rda I have gotten yet, not even a hint of oil. I did wash it well anyway. I have seen others say that their's was loaded with oil, must be hit or miss. Build quality is outstanding. It is taking me a bit to get used to bottom air, it is a bit less forgiving than a Velocity. I am not used to how much i can drip before leaking. Normally I fill a dropper half way or more and dump it blindly between the posts on my Velocity and have no leaks.

Flavor is killer on the Tsunami though.

sent using Tapatalk

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I just received my Tsunami (DO NOT VAPE WITHOUT A MAJOR BATH! YUCK! FUNKY MONKEY ALERT!!!) so I took the opportunity to break out the wonderful swag bags full O Iguana Prezzies, which include the SUpima GOLD! It's not cotton. It is SO dense, SO soft, SO white, I am PRETTY sure that somewhere down in Tennessee, there is a poor lil albino Chinchilla running around nekkid!

you has to saturate de cotton, den forcefully expel air from yo mouf at it while firing... repeat process a couple-three times and you should be ready to rock...

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you has to saturate de cotton, den forcefully expel air from yo mouf at it while firing... repeat process a couple-three times and you should be ready to rock...
Bwahahaaa.
Sitting here reading this while vaping on my avocado rta, hmmm interesting.

So I forcefully blow while firing.

And blow juice out both air holes. Doh. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors