Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was the cleanest rda I have gotten yet, not even a hint of oil. I did wash it well anyway. I have seen others say that their's was loaded with oil, must be hit or miss. Build quality is outstanding. It is taking me a bit to get used to bottom air, it is a bit less forgiving than a Velocity. I am not used to how much i can drip before leaking. Normally I fill a dropper half way or more and dump it blindly between the posts on my Velocity and have no leaks.

Flavor is killer on the Tsunami though.

sent using Tapatalk

ODD! Mine was full of cutting fluid. TOTALLY agree on the machining and build quality. Superb! I love that the drip tips SCREW in, too. It is touted as having a VERY deep juice well, which is true, that holds a lot of liquid, which is not true. The air outlets eat up a considerable amount of that real estate, and the wicks in having to reach the bottom (and I went ONLY to the bottom, not piled in) takes up most of the rest.

The engineer in me is looking at the air. Seems we choose either bottom, top or side flow. I'm thinking this atty would have held much more juice, and had better air coverage on the coils if there was ONE bottom feed tube, dead center, with 45 degree holes on each side, and a small hole in the sides pointing to the coil. The vapor production is great though, flavor is very good, and the deck is super easy to build on.

So it's very good, I'm just not convinced it is surpassing the performance of my Petri in any meaningful way.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Bwahahaaa.
Sitting here reading this while vaping on my avocado rta, hmmm interesting.

So I forcefully blow while firing.

And blow juice out both air holes. Doh. LOL
rofl - cap off - this is just to prime the supima gold cotton - once it is primed/ conditioned, it is business as usual (cap on... cause air/ vapor to enter yourself by creating negative pressure/ vacuum by forcefully expanding diaphragm/ lungs)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you has to saturate de cotton, den forcefully expel air from yo mouf at it while firing... repeat process a couple-three times and you should be ready to rock...

AH! Yeah, I just parked it and waited, FOREVER, for that wick to turn from snowy white to translucent. GORGEOUS stuffs! SO many Thank You's! And crazy wire! I used the thinner one, looks like a braid of sorts. Cutting the shot in half, gave me exactly a pair of 5/4 wraps with just enough legs to make the connection. AWESOME.

And da Queen and HS Dawter, say Thankee, from the bottom of their everluvin hearts, for the kawfee accessories! College dawter gonna have to wait for her sweetness.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
AH! Yeah, I just parked it and waited, FOREVER, for that wick to turn from snowy white to translucent. GORGEOUS stuffs! SO many Thank You's! And crazy wire! I used the thinner one, looks like a braid of sorts. Cutting the shot in half, gave me exactly a pair of 5/4 wraps with just enough legs to make the connection. AWESOME.

And da Queen and HS Dawter, say Thankee, from the bottom of their everluvin hearts, for the kawfee accessories! College dawter gonna have to wait for her sweetness.
once it is primed/ conditioned, it has been exceptional, in my experience - and the glorious ladies are most welcome :)

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

that was likely the vertibraid (6 strands of 30g SS316L) LURVE THAT SHIZ! have dual coils of that in the Boreas RAHT NAO and it is chuckin - vaping some butterscotch vaughn in it as we speak, brother

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
rofl - cap off - this is just to prime the supima gold cotton - once it is primed/ conditioned, it is business as usual (cap on... cause air/ vapor to enter yourself by creating negative pressure/ vacuum by forcefully expanding diaphragm/ lungs)

So much great vaping stuff, so little time

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, there was this one time i was gonna pose all bent over in the front cab of my truck... oh... wait... that wasn't me...

:popcorn:

I'm ALL about first impressions! NOW I know why my Mom said "Never leave the house without putting on clean underwear". But MY crack was nowhere NEAR as funny as yours.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaned daily....
Absolutely. And if anything is printed on them, it should be something sexy. Because I'm not touching THESE, evah. What if she got in an accident?
tumblr_lyus8p3ifH1qfg6vxo1_500.jpg

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ODD! Mine was full of cutting fluid. TOTALLY agree on the machining and build quality. Superb! I love that the drip tips SCREW in, too. It is touted as having a VERY deep juice well, which is true, that holds a lot of liquid, which is not true. The air outlets eat up a considerable amount of that real estate, and the wicks in having to reach the bottom (and I went ONLY to the bottom, not piled in) takes up most of the rest.

The engineer in me is looking at the air. Seems we choose either bottom, top or side flow. I'm thinking this atty would have held much more juice, and had better air coverage on the coils if there was ONE bottom feed tube, dead center, with 45 degree holes on each side, and a small hole in the sides pointing to the coil. The vapor production is great though, flavor is very good, and the deck is super easy to build on.

So it's very good, I'm just not convinced it is surpassing the performance of my Petri in any meaningful way.
Yeah, my Tugboat v2 makes the Tsunami cry. I won't even go on about the way the Goon laughs in the Tsunami's face...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That damn Vertebraid is some fine fucking shit!

Then there is that! I really need to put the Vertibraid and Supima Gold in my Petri, to make any kind of meaningful comparison. I see a challenge coming, and while we may be splitting hairs, it sure doesn't bode well for the Tsunami being any kind of "game changer". Unlike MANY of the new offerings though, it IS beautifully AFFORDABLE.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then there is that! I really need to put the Vertibraid and Supima Gold in my Petri, to make any kind of meaningful comparison. I see a challenge coming, and while we may be splitting hairs, it sure doesn't bode well for the Tsunami being any kind of "game changer". Unlike MANY of the new offerings though, it IS beautifully AFFORDABLE.
My order right now is Goon, Tugboat v2, Tugboat v3, Petri, & the rest.

Tol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think if they did the air just like the Griffin, it would be nicer. Overall i really enjoy the Tsunami. I am more impressed by the Griffin( I now like tanks again) , but it is still a great rda. It has better flavor than my Velocity but not as easy to use. Wicking with rayon helps with the lack of space between the edge of the deck and the air holes because the tails are super thin.

sent using Tapatalk

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My order right now is Goon, Tugboat v2, Tugboat v3, Petri, & the rest.

Interesting design. When you first mentioned it, I glanced at it and thought "4 post design, no thanks!" But I see the versatility in it! Kinda whack, really! Google images have a LOT of pictures of extreme builds though, that the air flow dynamics tell me they're more about fancy builds, or sheer vapor, than flavor. Hmm.. Gonna keep an eye out for one. Maybe we'll have TWO goon fans in here! ;)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think if they did the air just like the Griffin, it would be nicer. Overall i really enjoy the Tsunami. I am more impressed by the Griffin, but it is still a great rda. It has better flavor than my Velocity but not as easy to use. Wicking with rayon helps with the lack of space between the edge of the deck and the air holes because the tails are super thin.

sent using Tapatalk
Have you seen the deck on the Goon yet? lol

Reactions: Tol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting design. When you first mentioned it, I glanced at it and thought "4 post design, no thanks!" But I see the versatility in it! Kinda whack, really! Google images have a LOT of pictures of extreme builds though, that the air flow dynamics tell me they're more about fancy builds, or sheer vapor, than flavor. Hmm.. Gonna keep an eye out for one. Maybe we'll have TWO goon fans in here! ;)
e2a224315d37d0c113b040846fa05cf0.jpg
I have yet to slap some duals in it. It knocked the Tugboat down with a single coil

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay folks, not to put a damper on the weird-fest, in favor of actual vaping posts - but who has opinions on Pima vs. Cotton Bacon. I have both in my greedy little hands and am undecided on which to use to rewick with Chalice III.

To muddy the waters, the seller included a nice size sample of Native Wicks platinum blend (whatever that means!)
Native Wicks for the Win!

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it ever. Dam, its almost like I have all new attys!

I'd of switched sooner if I'd of realized it wasn't just hype and really was so, so, so superior

supima gold and native wick are my preferred wicking materials lately - still like the cotton bacon, kendo gold is good... have a good bit of japanese organic cotton pads in my vapeocalypse stash - but there is definitely a big performance difference with the supima, native

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
supima gold and native wick are my preferred wicking materials lately - still like the cotton bacon, kendo gold is good... have a good bit of japanese organic cotton pads in my vapeocalypse stash - but there is definitely a big performance difference with the supima, native

I'm a believer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors