Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just thought you were speaking southern. :D I know proper English too, but it don't mean I always talk that way. :D

Andria
I was but sometimes when I see how I wrote something , I cringe! My (adoptive) mama was a Yankee (she's reformed now! lol) and I can still hear her voice correcting me. That was years ago, though. Now, she says y'all and actually has a southern accent. We've corrupted her! :devil::devil:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like this?

Exactly like that, even if that video does affect me like fingernails on a blackboard. :D I don't really talk that way... my southern accent has always been fairly soft, and not a drawl at all; I speak quite rapidly. But it does tend to vary, depending on who I'm around -- I speak more southern around my family than around anyone else. My husband is from Missouri/w. Kentucky, so his accent was kinda "plain," maybe a little "hillbilly"... but he's been down here since '90, and has FINALLY stopped saying "warsh". :D Most southerners don't put an R in that word. :D

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, have to ask....why is this called an ECF refugee thread? I admit I didn't read it all. Way too many pages. I'm just wandering around the halls visiting different threads. Nice to meet y'all.....:)
Well, at least the beginnings, much of the middle and a lot of the current, do discuss. Summed up, people got tired of being pissed on for things they weren't doing, so several of them popped on over here and this is their home base. :)

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, at least the beginnings, much of the middle and a lot of the current, do discuss. Summed up, people got tired of being pissed on for things they weren't doing, so several of them popped on over here and this is their home base. :)

Thanks for the explanation....I'm a member over there, but don't visit much....they are a bit harsh in their moderation. Inconsistent, too.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the explanation....I'm a member over there, but don't visit much....they are a bit harsh in their moderation. Inconsistent, too.
That's why so many of us are now here! I'm still a member over there, too, but I fly under the radar for the most part. I just check on a couple of vendor threads and bail. This place is a lot more fun and relaxed. Say what you want without fear of over moderation. Welcome to our thread here :wave:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Exactamundo! :D and GFY back atcha. :D

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh hell, I'm a member there, too, still. I remember the moderation and what it was like. I remember typing comments cautiously, I remember people just suddenly disappearing and never knowing why... I got tired of missing people and a bunch of us decided to jump ship.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does GFY mean what I think it means? That's the first 3 letters on my license plate and I always hope the people tail gating me know what it stands for.

Yep. As to why we say that to each other.... it's BECAUSE WE CAN... here at VU. We are the heartily-sick of stupid censorship! They even censor the name of this forum, and the owner, VaporJoe, over there. Jealous, much? ;) :giggle:

They even censor the word "moron" over there, and I'm pretty sure it's because it's a little too close to home for those moderators... ;)

Andria

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh hell, I'm a member there, too, still. I remember the moderation and what it was like. I remember typing comments cautiously, I remember people just suddenly disappearing and never knowing why... I got tired of missing people and a bunch of us decided to jump ship.
I keep tabs on a couple of mod threads and an atty thread. All good folks in those threads. Some of them are even here, too.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dont know about the rest of yall but I feel slighted. @Whiskey said good evening but didnt give any of us a "GFY". Guess she dont love us anymore :(

I feel the need for liberal amounts of......

aPsr226.png

dbs50m.jpg

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well. pip, this latest migration to VU from ecf is due to me. I had the audacity to design an atty with a company in China (for no pay of any kind). Ecf suspended me, refused to communicate with me, and gave me two options: be a registered supplier or have my account closed. I told them to close my account. Three weeks went by. They didn't close it, but they still wouldn't communicate with me. Then they made me a supplier anyway! I think they thought I would come back??? :rolleyes: No way in hell.

It's been a month now.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well. pip, this latest migration to VU from ecf is due to me. I had the audacity to design an atty with a company in China (for no pay of any kind). Ecf suspended me, refused to communicate with me, and gave me two options: be a registered supplier or have my account closed. I told them to close my account. Three weeks went by. They didn't close it, but they still wouldn't communicate with me. Then they made me a supplier anyway! I think they thought I would come back??? :rolleyes: No way in hell.

It's been a month now.

Yeah.. when I left there and came here in February, nobody over there really gave much of a shit. But at least you knew a good place to go, when you got sick of it over there. :D

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh, and the new dvr is screwed up, too! A jack on the back is broken loose, so it's losing the satellite connection every few minutes. They are sending a third one! This is ridiculous. I have had no problems with Dishnet since Sept 07, but nonstop ones the past 7 days.

At least the birds have intermittent TV.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry about that. I didn't know you were here for a long time.

I did have it in my profile, and retarded1 deleted it. Then I had it as a subtle hint in my profile, and he deleted that too. So I said fuck it and asked a couple who showed up over here to try and spread the word to anyone who cared. Oh, and that first deletion.. Can you believe, he actually gave me a rule reminder about discussing the moderation. :D It really is a miracle I resisted the urge to tell him to fuck off and die.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah.. when I left there and came here in February, nobody over there really gave much of a shit. But at least you knew a good place to go, when you got sick of it over there. :D

Andria

I wouldnt go that far Andria, I and others came here with the express reason of seeing you before Roxy faced anal abusuive moderation on ECF. You was just as well liked and as much of an asset to ECF as anyone. I truly believe people was upset over what they did to you and with what happened to Roxy, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldnt go that far Andria, I and others came here with the express reason of seeing you before Roxy faced anal abusuive moderation on ECF. You was just as well liked and as much of an asset to ECF as anyone. I truly believe people was upset over what they did to you and with what happened to Roxy, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

A few, maybe. But I went over and peeked at that thread about whatever happened to me; I was surprised to see how many either didn't care, were glad, or had me on ignore because I was so "chatty" -- and the one who expressed opinions about me "looking like a man"-- though I was pleasantly surprised by a few who were upset about it, with whom I had previously clashed -- apparently I had expressed my dissenting opinions respectfully enough to earn their respect, even if they disagreed with me -- which kinda surprised me; I'm not always the most tactful person on the planet. :D

It really wasn't the people there, that I had a problem with -- and I missed it dreadfully when I first left. But those fucking moderators just made it intolerable. By the time Roxy and her supporters got here, I had begun to settle in and get over my "homesickness" -- but having so many of my ol buds show up really has been GREAT! :hearts:

Andria

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What chopdoc said @AndriaD ! I didn't even know what happened to you or when! And when people were talking about that other place I had no idea what they were talking about! It wasn't that I didn't care what happened to you I was still drinking the koolaide & what happened to Roxy snapped me out of it! I've only been on any forums for like 7 months those being ECF & this wonderful place! We're all here now & still respect & love both of you goddesses who were so wronged by that other place!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A few, maybe. But I went over and peeked at that thread about whatever happened to me; I was surprised to see how many either didn't care, were glad, or had me on ignore because I was so "chatty" -- and the one who expressed opinions about me "looking like a man"-- though I was pleasantly surprised by a few who were upset about it, with whom I had previously clashed -- apparently I had expressed my dissenting opinions respectfully enough to earn their respect, even if they disagreed with me -- which kinda surprised me; I'm not always the most tactful person on the planet. :D

It really wasn't the people there, that I had a problem with -- and I missed it dreadfully when I first left. But those fucking moderators just made it intolerable. By the time Roxy and her supporters got here, I had begun to settle in and get over my "homesickness" -- but having so many of my ol buds show up really has been GREAT! :hearts:

Andria

When I looked at that thread it seemed like everyone was talking about bacon, wtf? And I stopped reading it because it didn't tell me anything.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I looked at that thread it seemed like everyone was talking about bacon, wtf? And I stopped reading it because it didn't tell me anything.

Yeah... I have to give Robin credit, when some folks seemed ready to launch into All The Reasons To Hate AndriaD, she sidetracked it with bacon. :D So as little as I liked her, that was some decent moderation. Even if I wanted to slap retarded1 for continuing to reiterate that I "broke a rule and got suspended" -- the only rule I broke was in his twisted imagination. Hence the "Honi soit qui mal y pense" that I did have here as my status, and I think still have, there.

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Eventually another member told me you were here. But, that was only a couple of days before I got whacked, too.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

To be honest, I dont know what thread your talking about. There was joking about your internet being down and your hubby going thru hell because of it in the womper room but I didnt see anything disrespectful about you and as soon as we heard what really happened, a bunch of us came here just to check on ya. Like I said on a few occasions, you might only tootle puffer but your part of the mod womper crew, and as you can see, damn near the entire womper room is here.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Eventually another member told me you were here. But, that was only a couple of days before I got whacked, too.

Didnt get a chance to mix up your blueberry crumple recipe yet but did mix up some test batches of butterscotch today. Put a dual coil build of 7 wraps 24ga kanthal in the Boreas and been vaping the test batches at 70 watts. Awesome flavor coming from the Boreas, simply awesome. Not a single leak yet.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Didnt get a chance to mix up your blueberry crumple recipe yet but did mix up some test batches of butterscotch today. Put a dual coil build of 7 wraps 24ga kanthal in the Boreas and been vaping the test batches at 70 watts. Awesome flavor coming from the Boreas, simply awesome. Not a single leak yet.

Grimmgreen just said it has bad flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Everything I've read here about the Boreas is the total opposite of what his review says. People that have used it, should go over there and post about it. Roxy, don't let this one guy bring you down. I know a lot of picky vapers that have the Boreas and they all seem thrilled with it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What sucks is he has more subscribers than anyone.
He may have a lot of subscribers, but we get a ton of people in and out of here, too. Word of mouth stands strong here. For every subscriber he has, he has someone that doesn't subscribe. Besides, people are already looking forward to what else you've got brewing! Some have even said they don't see how this one can be topped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors