ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I might have figured out why some peeps have leaking issues with their Boreas. I could be vaping up the worng tree but mine was this way and didnt leak. The build deck has a raised section that is suppose to go into the notch in the chamber it slides into.

xYatWWC.png

I used both my decks and was unaware of this and yes the bottom cap will screw onto it with the notch not in the recess. While using both my decks I wondered why the bottom only screwed on half a turn and looked odd but it didnt leak, it vaped well and if it aint broke, dont fix it. Others might not be as lucky and could be the reason why some have leaking problems. Earlier tonight we was discussing the leaking a bit in the womper room on ECF. Gonna share this with them and see if it takes care of their leaking problem.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think I might have figured out why some peeps have leaking issues with their Boreas. I could be vaping up the worng tree but mine was this way and didnt leak. The build deck has a raised section that is suppose to go into the notch in the chamber it slides into.

xYatWWC.png

I used both my decks and was unaware of this and yes the bottom cap will screw onto it with the notch not in the recess. While using both my decks I wondered why the bottom only screwed on half a turn and looked odd but it didnt leak, it vaped well and if it aint broke, dont fix it. Others might not be as lucky and could be the reason why some have leaking problems. Earlier tonight we was discussing the leaking a bit in the womper room on ECF. Gonna share this with them and see if it takes care of their leaking problem.

Some have not assembled it correctly. Some are underwicked. And some struggle top filling RTAs in general.

Let them know if they need help, to contact me. So far I've gotten everyone on track.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shows yall how much I pay attention. Prince died two days ago and I didnt even know :crazy:

Never really cared much for his music but seen him in this video once and he really impressed me as a guitarist.

Around 3:25 Prince take lead and he was damn good.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Shows yall how much I pay attention. Prince died two days ago and I didnt even know :crazy:

Never really cared much for his music but seen him in this video once and he really impressed me as a guitarist.

Around 3:25 Prince take lead and he was damn good.

I was quite a fan. Listened to Purple Rain today, and started crying :(

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grimmgreen just said it has bad flavor.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. His opinion is just that, HIS opinion. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Some people love it and have said it's the best flavor tank they have tried, what makes his opinion more important than theirs? His fame? Enough people are talking it up in various places that I don't think what he said will have that much of an effect.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A fine Saturday morning, GFY everyone! I've got a busy one planned today and tomorrow, so I'm sure there's going to be a lot to catch up on later. Not too many up this morning yet. Don't blame you all as I saw posts going into the wee hours of the morning. Enjoy all!
James, good to see you and hope you get feeling great soon! Glad you got back from New York alright. I see on the news, tons of flood waters still out Houston way. It's going to take awhile to get over this one.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I always have too much fun :D

Oh yeah

Good morning and GFY yall :cool:

I was a failure at being a party animal last night. Seen some bock beer at the store yesterday so picked some up, early last night I grabbed one, drank half of it and fell asleep watching TV. Woke up some time after midnight with a flat half a beer :( Said hell with it and made some coffee which now I am glad I did. Woke up a little while ago and found my ex in the house :eek:

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY yall :cool:

I was a failure at being a party animal last night. Seen some bock beer at the store yesterday so picked some up, early last night I grabbed one, drank half of it and fell asleep watching TV. Woke up some time after midnight with a flat half a beer :( Said hell with it and made some coffee which now I am glad I did. Woke up a little while ago and found my ex in the house :eek:

Drinking by yourself at home? Sounds like addict behavior. That half a beer didn't get you drunk dialing your ex did it? :headbang:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nononononononno NO! She is an ex for a reason and if she had her way, she would of never became an ex to begin with.

Thing is she dont cook, she dont clean, she dont fuck and she dont care. Other than that I had no complaints :giggle:

Well, I guess it's a good thing for me that I care a lot, and I'm a damn fine cook. :D I've never been much for cleaning house, and the fucking... well, I used to do that a lot, but my body has decided that it's just too damn old. :D

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nononononononno NO! She is an ex for a reason and if she had her way, she would of never became an ex to begin with.

Thing is she dont cook, she dont clean, she dont fuck and she dont care. Other than that I had no complaints :giggle:
Sounds like my ex, that fucking bitch. Putting a frozen dinner in the microwave was a fucking "chore" for her. Smfh GM &...
c3d8a1e4ebec07df3ee041341cba9922.jpg

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went to my neighbor's 65th birthday party last night. It was at a big old banquet hall/event center. Their son paid for the "premium package". If you pay for the premium package & the only bourbon they have is regular Jim Beam, that's NOT very fucking premium in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can see your point Moueix - but I still think A) he was lazy B) He was caught in a blatant lie when defending himself.

I really dislike that kind of flaming - but it does come with the territory.
what lie?
it was his opinon, he is a reviewer, he is supposed to give his opinion.
he is also one of the reviewers that is very active in advocacy.
I have not said anything up until now about the flaming, but in my opinon it went WAY TO FAR. That public flogging does nothing for anyone, in fact it can cause more harm than good.
if it were a fly by night reviewer or one NOT active in the fight against the feds, perhaps I would feel different. RIP. for instance does nothing for us, never speaks publicly or interacts in the community, Grimm is opposite of that. He pushes for advocacy, speaks out for us and goes to every event that he can get to. I don't vape the way that he does a lot, so I don't expect to like the same gear- same with busardo, I don't vape the way he does either, so I don't expect the same opinion. I don't agree with him a lot, but that's ok, because I'm allowed to have an opinion and so is he.

quite frankly all of the division over things that don't matter is exhausting.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went to my neighbor's 65th birthday party last night. It was at a big old banquet hall/event center. Their son paid for the "premium package". If you pay for the premium package & the only bourbon they have is regular Jim Beam, that's NOT very fucking premium in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno... my uncle was a bank president, and he always drank Beam. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could understand it being "premium" if it was a higher level Beam. Not meaning to disparage it in any way

I dunno... to me "premium bourbon" is a complete oxymoron... I never tasted any of that stuff that didn't wanna come right back out immediately.

Andria

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
what lie?
I have not said anything up until now about the flaming, but in my opinon it went WAY TO FAR. That public flogging does nothing for anyone, in fact it can cause more harm than good.
if it were a fly by night reviewer or one NOT active in the fight against the feds, perhaps I would feel different. RIP. for instance does nothing for us, never speaks publicly or interacts in the community, Grimm is opposite of that. I don't agree with him a lot, but that's ok, because I'm allowed to have an opinion and so is he.

Well said. Someone doesn't agree with your opinion? Better insult them a bunch until they change their mind. :crazy:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well said. Someone doesn't agree with your opinion? Better insult them a bunch until they change their mind. :crazy:
right? because the next product by the same people wont be associated to this experience at all.
let alone how it makes you look.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was one of the first ones to post to his review and i wasnt assholish about it, but I did get a giggle when I seen he changed his review and added that it came with two decks after that. :shades:
theres a difference between stating your opinion, and pointing out an inaccuracy and completely insulting and attacking the guy.
the first one is perfectly legitimate and helpful, that can lead to an addendum to the review and in some cases a change of opinon
the latter just turns the whole thing into a fuck you competition and will make the person not want to explore any possibility of a revision.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think it was that big of a deal. He didn't trash it. It just wasn't his thing. There's been tons of shit that have been absolutely torched in reviews that I've absolutely loved.
amen dude!
fagin HATED the Aeolus v2, he couldn't get the barrel to screw on right. I recorded myself holding the center post with a screw driver and screwing on the barrel, sent him the video and re-recorded the review with a positive one.
I could have gone off calling him every name in the book, instead I mentioned how much I like it and showed a solution to his issue with it.
despite popular opinon, they are human, and most will listen to constructive criticism.
and again, still have their opinion, hate to say it, because I'm sure I'll get flogged, but there are a lot of pieces of gear I don't like.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use reviews only to see how to take something apart or use it. That is one of the reasons why I like Rips reviews. The first 10 to 15 minutes of bullshit I cant stand and wont wear my headset for but once he is past that he gives a very straight forward tutorial on either a mod or tank/RDA that is easy to follow. I have yet nor will I ever use a professional vape review to decided if i am going to buy a vape item or not. I will rely on what my forum friends says about it first.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
what lie?
if it were a fly by night reviewer or one NOT active in the fight against the feds, perhaps I would feel different. RIP. for instance does nothing for us, never speaks publicly or interacts in the community, Grimm is opposite of that. He pushes for advocacy, speaks out for us and goes to every event that he can get to. I don't vape the way that he does a lot, so I don't expect to like the same gear- same with busardo, I don't vape the way he does either, so I don't expect the same opinion. I don't agree with him a lot, but that's ok, because I'm allowed to have an opinion and so is he.

It did go too far, but mostly due to one person. And that one person has a mental condition.

Supposedly Grimm lied about an Axis M17 (?) mod, saying he bought it, and somewhere else saying it came free for review. I don't know, I didn't see anything about that.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It did go too far, but mostly due to one person. And that one person has a mental condition.

Supposedly Grimm lied about an Axis M17 (?) mod, saying he bought it, and somewhere else saying it came free for review. I don't know, I didn't see anything about that.
He did get 1 for review. He did buy one after & stated as such (not defending)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

if they are going by his disclaimer that's a template on all of his reviews.
maybe he forgot to remove it, maybe he made a mistake. in either case that's a separate issue as far I'm concerned.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use reviews only to see how to take something apart or use it. That is one of the reasons why I like Rips reviews. The first 10 to 15 minutes of bullshit I cant stand and wont wear my headset for but once he is past that he gives a very straight forward tutorial on either a mod or tank/RDA that is easy to follow. I have yet nor will I ever use a professional vape review to decided if i am going to buy a vape item or not. I will rely on what my forum friends says about it first.

That's what I use Busardo's videos for -- the technical aspects of operating a given device -- don't really care about his opinion of it, or all that shit he does with the o-scopes, or how much he hates how it rattles. :D But he does good breakdowns of how devices operate, and his videos are very professional. And he doesn't look like he forgot his hyperthyroid or anti-psychotic meds. :D

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I guess my lesson is to be careful what I post to try to anticipate others' reactions. Since said person did it to me, I guess I should've known he might do it again. And he's worse with men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors