Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish I could be a moderate drinker. But I guess if I could, then I really wouldn't care one way or the other, would I? ;) The only way I can keep any kind of sense is to not drink at all. Found one of my old favorites today, exploring this YT Music app on my tablet -- Blake Shelton's "The More I Drink" -- it's really damn familiar -- "The more, I drink... the more i drink! If I have one.. I'LL HAVE THIRTEEN!" Or 26. :D

Andria

*nods * I do understand.

And I was not belittling the fact that it can be a disease. At least I hope that it wasn't seen that I was. I know it is indeed a disease. I also know many do get treated and do choose doing better in life.

It is just rather difficult fathoming people and excuses at times. Though, I'm also keen to not point fingers for knowing I get three pointing back. For me, I guess that is partly why I can accept moderation for myself. I understand and comprehend if others choose otherwise.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*nods * I do understand.

And I was not belittling the fact that it can be a disease. At least I hope that it wasn't seen that I was. I know it is indeed a disease. I also know many do get treated and do choose doing better in life.

It is just rather difficult fathoming people and excuses at times. Though, I'm also keen to not point fingers for knowing I get three pointing back. For me, I guess that is partly why I can accept moderation for myself. I understand and comprehend if others choose otherwise.

Well, recovery from alcoholism is a lot bigger than just not drinking -- alcoholism changes you so much, or maybe just keeps you a child; when you get rid of the booze, you have to figure out a way to live without it -- which is really hard at first, when you've been so used to that comfy cushion. That's really what the 12 steps are about -- learning *how* to live without alcohol, or without whatever. I do think that drugs and alcohol are coping mechanisms we learn when we don't have any others, and we have to endure, somehow... but then the coping mechanism becomes the enemy, dangerous in its own right. It's been a long road, more than 23 yrs, but really, truly worth it, to become more of who *I truly am*. And hopefully I keep becoming more and more *myself*.

Andria

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been there for one of those too. There are few mysteries left after this many years of marriage, lol.
After years of marriage, having my most influential mentors being women, you're still a mystery to me....but a mystery worth exploring regardless of how much time is required to figure it out (if ever).

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
completely off topic, but laffed my tuckus off when i saw this...

13062165_1162269440452574_2566034483531785341_n.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
completely off topic, but laffed my tuckus off when i saw this...

13062165_1162269440452574_2566034483531785341_n.jpg

Am I the only person who ever thought Axl Rose sounds like Ethel Merman's love child? :huh:

Just watch the movie "Airplane"... she's in it. When my son finally saw that movie when he was a teenager, he turned to me, eyes big as half dollars, and sez "He does sound JUST LIKE Ethel Merman!" :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Criminy, it's the night of great big mods.

I feel like a young girl again --- the new mods feel WAY TOO BIG in my hands. That Geyscano squonk thing is as wide as that 200W Sigelie I won. Both came today.

My very first impression on the Geyscano: would have been pissed if I'd spend $80 (MSRT) but at $20 it ain't bad. Except the stock juice bottle is softer than Hank's head. I gave it just a little pinch like I do on my REO and it shot the juice all the way up the atty and through the top of the drip tip.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I feel like a young girl again --- the new mods feel WAY TOO BIG in my hands. That Geyscano squonk thing is as wide as that 200W Sigelie I won. Both came today.

My very first impression on the Geyscano: would have been pissed if I'd spend $80 (MSRT) but at $20 it ain't bad. Except the stock juice bottle is softer than Hank's head. I gave it just a little pinch like I do on my REO and it shot the juice all the way up the atty and through the top of the drip tip.
My head is many things. Soft ain't one of em

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ah, just wait... that Geyscano will grow on you... kind of like a fungus. I had one and unloaded it. The sleep "feature" drove me nuts, and didn't really save any battery life.

At $20, I was slightly tempted to get another, though...

When you tire of it, check out the Kangxin Inoy. 60 watt TC with Nickel Purity TCR adjustments. About $35, I think. It's a boxy thing, but it works great. There's a review on my site.

Soft head... lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ah, just wait... that Geyscano will grow on you... kind of like a fungus. I had one and unloaded it. The sleep "feature" drove me nuts, and didn't really save any battery life.

At $20, I was slightly tempted to get another, though...

When you tire of it, check out the Kangxin Inoy. 60 watt TC with Nickel Purity TCR adjustments. About $35, I think. It's a boxy thing, but it works great. There's a review on my site.

Soft head... lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Finally, a sQuonker I won't be afraid to lose, lol. Need to sand the corners down. They are as sharp as Hank's wit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors