My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
o_O
CATER corner? noone says that.
I've gotten in several arguments about this recently. Seems caddy corner is east coast, and kitty corner is midwest.
Caddy corner is the right answer, BTW
:D

Not to belabor a point but:

My beloved Oxford says catercorner, with kitty-corner an acceptable variant. caddy corner is not in my dictionary even though a lot of people say it.

Here is what the University of Washington State University says this about Caddy-corner:

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 6.58.11 PM.png

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not to belabor a point but:

My beloved Oxford says catercorner, with kitty-corner an acceptable variant. caddy corner is not in my dictionary even though a lot of people say it.

Here is what the University of Washington State University says this about Caddy-corner:

View attachment 49286
Ok, but do you see how caddy is much close to cater than kitty? So why is kitty-corner an acceptable variant?
I see your belabored point... but I'm still sticking with caddy. Maybe I should spell it catty.
I'm just stubborn, I guess. A Maryland girl stuck in Minnesota, tryin ta hold on to the last bit of east coast I can...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
o_O
CATER corner? noone says that.
I've gotten in several arguments about this recently. Seems caddy corner is east coast, and kitty corner is midwest.
Caddy corner is the right answer, BTW
:D

How 'bout "kittywompus"? I never ever heard that one till I heard it come out my husband's mouth. He grew up in St Louis. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok, but do you see how caddy is much close to cater than kitty? So why is kitty-corner an acceptable variant?
I see your belabored point... but I'm still sticking with caddy. Maybe I should spell it catty.
I'm just stubborn, I guess. A Maryland girl stuck in Minnesota, tryin ta hold on to the last bit of east coast I can...

Because a kitty is warm, fuzzy and cute, while a caddy is usually pimply and often otherwise unemployable.

Wee cain't be slaughtering the Qeen's english on the internet

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mmmm... Norwegian crab cakes!

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some old chub was just lolly gagging around when he was suddenly flabergasted by Lawna who was able to pull the ole switcharoo on him...
Ok, that's as far as I could get right now, but the rest involves a kittywompus lawnmower and the Old Chub's... well, old chub.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Some old chub was just lolly gagging around when he was suddenly flabergasted by Lawna who was able to pull the ole switcharoo on him...
Ok, that's as far as I could get right now, but the rest involves a kittywompus lawnmower and the Old Chub's... well, old chub.

Speaking of chubby's, what are you sporting in that luscious looking squonker?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm concerned that Moueix is anal fistulaing fantasizing. Careful, buddy, or you may need to borrow Hank's tampon to plug that up :eek:

Damn, I need some beer before I read this thread. Morphine ain't cuttin' it.

One of my friends says "mollywogging" to describe grabbing someone in private places, uninvited.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly it does.
I'm concerned that Moueix is anal fistulaing fantasizing. Careful, buddy, or you may need to borrow Hank's tampon to plug that up :eek:

Damn, I need some beer before I read this thread. Morphine ain't cuttin' it.

One of my friends says "mollywogging" to describe grabbing someone in private places, uninvited.
I call that a face punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors