Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
004bea753b5ce9c6f0ececbc34ea125e.jpg

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking for the upside of being stuck for the night on the IA-SD border. Steak is cheap. That is all...

Just be glad you weren't on the OTHER side of SD, where there is nothing but nothing for hundreds of miles in any direction. ;) Not even steak, unless you bring your own butcher knife. Oh, and stay away from MY cows!

Man, it's hard getting caught up on this thread! It takes me DAYS, and then I'm behind another 10 pages, even when you guys are complaining about it being slow.

I will have you know I rebuilt my very first coil yesterday. :bliss: I took a stock iSub coil, pulled it apart (no, my husband pulled it apart, I couldn't do it), then disassembled it, wound a new coil, put it in and put the whole thing back together. Now stop laughing, everyone has to start SOMEWHERE, right? But I figure if I can rebuild a stock iSub coil, I can prolly rebuild anything. Well, anything I currently have, that is. :p But seriously, now that I've done it once, and it WORKS (that's the big thing, it works!), I feel very liberated. I don't REALLY have to buy coil heads anymore if I can rebuild these. I think it would be easier to get those RBA sections for these tanks, but I don't have any, so I made do. :D

My other tanks all have build decks, so those should be a piece of cake compared to the iSub.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just be glad you weren't on the OTHER side of SD, where there is nothing but nothing for hundreds of miles in any direction. ;) Not even steak, unless you bring your own butcher knife. Oh, and stay away from MY cows!

Man, it's hard getting caught up on this thread! It takes me DAYS, and then I'm behind another 10 pages, even when you guys are complaining about it being slow.

I will have you know I rebuilt my very first coil yesterday. :bliss: I took a stock iSub coil, pulled it apart (no, my husband pulled it apart, I couldn't do it), then disassembled it, wound a new coil, put it in and put the whole thing back together. Now stop laughing, everyone has to start SOMEWHERE, right? But I figure if I can rebuild a stock iSub coil, I can prolly rebuild anything. Well, anything I currently have, that is. :p But seriously, now that I've done it once, and it WORKS (that's the big thing, it works!), I feel very liberated. I don't REALLY have to buy coil heads anymore if I can rebuild these. I think it would be easier to get those RBA sections for these tanks, but I don't have any, so I made do. :D

My other tanks all have build decks, so those should be a piece of cake compared to the iSub.

Word :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's exactly the case -- the ones that aren't really intended to be rebuilt generally ARE harder than a true rebuildable -- though even some rebuildables are more challenging than others. But once you get the actual mechanics of the thing down pat, which isn't really hard, it's just a matter of seeing how it's all put together -- the only part that does take a bit of experience to truly learn is the wicking -- really it's mostly about getting used to a certain size coil (the inner diameter), and knowing exactly the right amount of wick for that size, depending on what you use for wicking.

And yep, it's liberating as hell! Knowing that you can FIND a way to vape, no matter what, or how slow the mail is! :D Plus making your own coils saves a TON of money, if you're been used to buying them.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

How does it taste? I hear rebuilding prebuilts can punch `em up a few notches.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I see this all the time, and I've been meaning to ask... WTH does "Word" mean in that context? (Please understand, I'm old, I live in the boonies, and I don't do "social media" in any form, which is probably why I don't know, right? o_O)

That's exactly the case -- the ones that aren't really intended to be rebuilt generally ARE harder than a true rebuildable -- though even some rebuildables are more challenging than others. But once you get the actual mechanics of the thing down pat, which isn't really hard, it's just a matter of seeing how it's all put together -- the only part that does take a bit of experience to truly learn is the wicking -- really it's mostly about getting used to a certain size coil (the inner diameter), and knowing exactly the right amount of wick for that size, depending on what you use for wicking.

And yep, it's liberating as hell! Knowing that you can FIND a way to vape, no matter what, or how slow the mail is! :D Plus making your own coils saves a TON of money, if you're been used to buying them.

Andria

Actually, I haven't been buying them, I've been dry-burning and re-wicking the same 10 coil heads I got as a PIF from someone last August. Yeah, 8 months on the same coils. But they were getting to the point of needing to be cleaned and replaced every day, and they were gunking up pretty quick. Now that I know I can do it, I will NOT be waiting 8 months to replace the coils in them again. Maybe only 6 months. ;)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How does it taste? I hear rebuilding prebuilts can punch `em up a few notches.

I'm actually still trying to find the right wattage, but the flavor is great! I was aiming for .5 ohms (which is what the stock coils are), and ended up at .56, which should make NO difference, but it does to ME. It seems better if I run it at 38 to 40 watts now, whereas before, it was good at 35. I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve, but it's fun!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I see this all the time, and I've been meaning to ask... WTH does "Word" mean in that context? (Please understand, I'm old, I live in the boonies, and I don't do "social media" in any form, which is probably why I don't know, right? o_O)

Actually, I haven't been buying them, I've been dry-burning and re-wicking the same 10 coil heads I got as a PIF from someone last August. Yeah, 8 months on the same coils. But they were getting to the point of needing to be cleaned and replaced every day, and they were gunking up pretty quick. Now that I know I can do it, I will NOT be waiting 8 months to replace the coils in them again. Maybe only 6 months. ;)

1) well said
2)said in a agreement
3) can be used as a greeting, hey whats up

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

When I first got Kayfuns in 2014, my first two coils in 2 Kayfuns both lasted about 3 months, before I had any falling-off of flavor -- but it was funny, I waited so long bfore replacing those initial coils, I almost forgot how, it was so new -- which engendered a whole new cussing outbreak when I had to remember how I did it the first time. :D Nowadays I usually replace them about one a month-ish -- the one in the blueberry only needs dry-burning about weekly, but the strawberry & cream requires it about every other day, so it does get a bit worn-out after a month. Since you've been using those same ones to dry-burn and re-wick, you already know what a worn-out coil tastes and acts like -- they're real easy to snap, that's for sure! :D and though it does seem quite a task when you first start (I was scared as hell of the whole idea, till I actually tried it!), you get to the point where you're like, ok that's done, wow, that was fast! :D

I actually like a well-broken in coil better than a fresh one, as long as it and the wick are clean; just seems to provide the best flavor.

Andria

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good evening, folks. I am so whooped, I am just stopping in to say howdy! Work is great, but sometimes it's outrageous how much of my free time it takes up! I'm getting ready to head off to the sack, I'm afraid. You all have a great evening!

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good evening, folks. I am so whooped, I am just stopping in to say howdy! Work is great, but sometimes it's outrageous how much of my free time it takes up! I'm getting ready to head off to the sack, I'm afraid. You all have a great evening!
Get some good rest Paul! Good thing about busy days for me is they go by fast!:giggle::shades:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have one more day of freedom left so decided today to start mixing what I will need for the two weeks I am at work and finally got a chance to use my new Ultrasonic cleaner. Damn that thing is nice. It will hold 2 liters of water so I can put my big bottles like 12 oz and 8 oz size standing up and they are more than 3/4 immersed in water. Plus it is heated so I can set it to 130 degrees (been told never go over 140) and give them 30 minute cycles to speed steep the juice. I can easily see a couple hours steeping this way would easily be equal to a couple weeks sitting on a shelf with daily shakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors