Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning Fugees!
Think I'm gonna have to start mixing at lower nic levels. Been at 18 in my higher resistance gear, and 9 for my higher power gear. Yeah, even a couple hits on the Boreas with this build (.44 ohm) at 9mg/ml is too much. I'll be honest, I keep swapping back and forth between the Boreas and the Merlin and I can't decide which I like better. I do suspect between the two of em most of my other stuff is going to be obsolete.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Going very well my man! As a matter of fact, I have some of your coils in one of my Boreas. It's your 2X26 fused Claptons and they flavor is wonderful!
Awesome! I've got my flavor chaser thing going on. 28 tribraid on the wotofo conquerer. I don't understand why the conquerer isn't more popular. That airflow is so smooth. It's not a big time clouds tank, and gives a much different feel than a boreas etc, but it keeps me coming back. It's in my daily rotation along with my boreas and (for now) the herakles rta-2. Everything is headed to just so airy. I think i love that just slightly restricted feel on the conquerer air. They're only like 20 bucks, I'm gonna buy a couple more for my vapepocalypse prep..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Morning Fugees!
Think I'm gonna have to start mixing at lower nic levels. Been at 18 in my higher resistance gear, and 9 for my higher power gear. Yeah, even a couple hits on the Boreas with this build (.44 ohm) at 9mg/ml is too much. I'll be honest, I keep swapping back and forth between the Boreas and the Merlin and I can't decide which I like better. I do suspect between the two of em most of my other stuff is going to be obsolete.
Man, I would seriously die at 9mg. I can't handle that level of nic, not even close. I feel like I'm wildly more addicted to nicotine than I was when I smoked, at 3mg lol. And yeah, when the augvape stuff rolled in for me to review, it basically added a whole laundry list of other stuff to the pile of obsolete stuff that I only keep around in case a customer needs a build replicated etc

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody seen any authentic Goblin mini v2's for sale? I forgot I wanted to get one of those, but I can't find them at any of my usual sites...

Reply, I bought one a couple days ago from Origin Vape, 40% off with coupon code memorial, which I assume is still a good code. Just checked, only 1 left in black, it'd be about $20 if the code is still good.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I noticed that too and yes, it is wrong but its not dangerous IMHO. It is obvious that whoever initially plumbed the installation probably when the house was built screwed up.
Agreed, as long as the over pressure drain isn't blocked. If the pressure valve were to blow, uphill or downhill wouldn't make much diference.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Reply, I bought one a couple days ago from Origin Vape, 40% off with coupon code memorial, which I assume is still a good code. Just checked, only 1 left in black, it'd be about $20 if the code is still good.
Damn...if originvape took paypal, I'd go hog wild and get 2 or 3 conquerers and a couple goblin minis. But by the time paypal can transfer to my bank, the sale will be over...

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning, Fugee's and GFY today. It is Sunday, the day of Worship. And as usual on my Sunday, I will ride my motorcycle and think about God. Which is BETTER than church, as I tend to sit there blankly, and think about my motorcycle.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning, Fugee's and GFY today. It is Sunday, the day of Worship. And as usual on my Sunday, I will ride my motorcycle and think about God. Which is BETTER than church, as I tend to sit there blankly, and think about my motorcycle.
I always thought that was quite the paradox. Think about the inconceivable.

Right... I'm going fishing :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finished up mowing weeds along the edge of the creek, this morning. Got a good bit out back of the house too. There's more to do but not as much as was there. Critters fed, me fed on two bologna & cheese sandwiches. Enjoying some coffee & a vape.

Finding Fruit Breeze from Vapor 4 Life quite tasty despite my obvious lacking of taste. To me it is sweet with a hint of mint, taste some apple in it, maybe a little peach. It is pleasant on a 1.2 ohm coil running 7.3 watts in the RSST.

I'm hitting clouds that are for me fairly big. :) Not one so much for the clouds but it offers a nice direct lung hit. The darkness of the Nantucket blend coffee compliments the vape well. I'm almost feeling gourmet presently, though I'm sure I'm anything but that.

Enjoying some quiet. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The temperature pressure relief valve is thee most important piece of a water heater.

That pipe can only run downward, to the exterior, or to within 6 inches of the floor.

That's the way it was on the old one... and the only possible way it can go; there is no drain on the floor.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I feel like I'm wildly more addicted to nicotine than I was when I smoked, at 3mg lol.

Not possible. 1) you're not getting even HALF of the nic you got from smoking, and 2) nicotine without all the other crap is not really addictive, only mildly dependence producing, like caffeine. It was mainly the MAOIs, plus the near-immediate uptake, that made cigarettes so addictive.

Behaviorally, may be another matter... especially if you LIKE vaping better than you liked smoking... but liking something, and being addicted to it, are very, very different.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It needs gravity to drain, Andria.

As I said... 1) that's how it was on the old one, and 2) there is no drain on the floor. There isn't a single thing we can do about the existing pipes in the house, and we're sitting on a foot of concrete. The drain leads outside, and the drain is down near the ground... but the pipes are what they are.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not possible. 1) you're not getting even HALF of the nic you got from smoking, and 2) nicotine without all the other crap is not really addictive, only mildly dependence producing, like caffeine. It was mainly the MAOIs, plus the near-immediate uptake, that made cigarettes so addictive.

Behaviorally, may be another matter... especially if you LIKE vaping better than you liked smoking... but liking something, and being addicted to it, are very, very different.

Andria
I can agree with it being less absorbed, because of the lack of all the other crap in cigs that boost absorption etc..but I would seriously doubt I take in less overall nicotine now that I vape. I vape far more than I smoked, but, it's kind of an impossible argument without blood tests and such

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can agree with it being less absorbed, because of the lack of all the other crap in cigs that boost absorption etc..but I would seriously doubt I take in less overall nicotine now that I vape. I vape far more than I smoked, but, it's kind of an impossible argument without blood tests and such

I smoked for nearly 40 yrs.... but I started out at 6mg, because any more nic than that, at first, made me so nauseous it nearly cured me of vaping. I did gradually manage to work up to 10mg, but even that didn't help the major cravings I suffered after my appendectomy... it took WTA to do that, which contains MAOIs. Took me over a year to wean off that -- while reducing nic from 10mg to 5mg without even noticing, but every .5mg reduction in WTA was a big hairy deal. It's really not the nicotine. It's very much like caffeine; if you're used to a high level, you'll miss it if it's abruptly removed, but other than a headache, it's really not a big deal, and is over within a few days. Nicotine isn't the Big Bad of cigarettes, it's those damn MAOIs.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good afternoon & GFY!
Put some duals in the Calypso. It's a filthy fucking beast!(yeah, I know they're jacked up, meh. lol)
c61b1a23ad125c0739c9a21ff9422c41.jpg

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What was the verdict?

From him, excellent.

But, I just found another new review that was very negative. He said it is poorly made, leaks and vapes like shit. He wicked it wrong twice, but says he knows how to build! Ok. Told people not to buy it. And someone who commented said Augvape was high when they decided to collaborate with me, so of course it's shitty.

So I'm bummed out about that one.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
From him, excellent.

But, I just found another new review that was very negative. He said it is poorly made, leaks and vapes like shit. He wicked it wrong twice, but says he knows how to build! Ok. Told people not to buy it. And someone who commented said Augvape was high when they decided to collaborate with me, so of course it's shitty.

Don't you just love the reviews where they say it's terrible. But then you see that they're doing it wrong...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning Fugees!

Similar experience when I got mine. I really, really like it

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Don't you just love the reviews where they say it's terrible. But then you see that they're doing it wrong...

It pisses me off, actually. You have no business being a reviewer if you don't know what you're doing. Owning a video camera doesn't make you a pro. He said he's a pro because he owns a vape shop. Ok, I've yet to find a vape shop where anyone there knew much, lol!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It pisses me off, actually. You have no business being a reviewer if you don't know what you're doing. Owning a video camera doesn't make you a pro. He said he's a pro because he owns a vape shop. Ok, I've yet to find a vape shop where anyone there knew much, lol!
Yup. To be fair, it's hard to do videos and do everything perfect. But that's why you do stuff behind the scenes. Test, try methods, get the most out of it, and THEN build on camera. I've made fairly negative reviews before, and I've also made my fair share of mistakes on camera, but the difference comes in the way you act. Saying something is shit because it doesn't work well for you is pretty arrogant. But vaping and building seems to attract that type of person that says they're an expert builder and all their builds are perfect etc. You have no idea how many customer emails I've gotten about this problem or that, and they say their builds are perfect, they've been vaping for years, they know what they're doing....but once you get to talking and see their build its "huh??? What do you mean by hot spot" or something similar

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning Fugees!

My carefully chosen two-year stockpiled vapocolypse stash that I thought was pretty good quality is now : dam, I hope I don't have to go back to vaping that, lol.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From him, excellent.

Link so we can go tell him why he's a jack ass? I promise to be good...ummm, OK I promise to be better behaved than a certain troll. That's the best I can promise.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, I think I forgot to tell you all GFYs. :D

I took the new Achilles apart just now and had a good look at the o-ring, and I do think that's where the problem is; it looks like an o-ring that's been used for a year or ten, lots of little nicks in it. Even my 2 Achilles that have o-rings that HAVE been used for a year don't leak! So after we eat "breakfast", I'll put one of the spare o-rings on it and try it again.

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yup. To be fair, it's hard to do videos and do everything perfect. But that's why you do stuff behind the scenes. Test, try methods, get the most out of it, and THEN build on camera. I've made fairly negative reviews before, and I've also made my fair share of mistakes on camera, but the difference comes in the way you act. Saying something is shit because it doesn't work well for you is pretty arrogant. But vaping and building seems to attract that type of person that says they're an expert builder and all their builds are perfect etc. You have no idea how many customer emails I've gotten about this problem or that, and they say their builds are perfect, they've been vaping for years, they know what they're doing....but once you get to talking and see their build its "huh??? What do you mean by hot spot" or something similar
Link so we can go tell him why he's a jack ass? I promise to be good...ummm, OK I promise to be better behaved than a certain troll. That's the best I can promise.

When you wick and fill correctly, but don't care for something, I'm fine with that. I have posted myself about products that didn't wow me.

But, doing it wrong, and being arrogant does piss me off. He told people to assemble and fill with the jc open, then said it's a leaky bitch.

I'm not posting a link because not all members have manners, lol!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When you wick and fill correctly, but don't care for something, I'm fine with that. I have posted myself about products that didn't wow me.

But, doing it wrong, and being arrogant does piss me off. He told people to assemble and fill with the jc open, then said it's a leaky bitch.

I'm not posting a link because not all members have manners, lol!
Well I promise I'll be fair when I do a video on the merlin :D

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Fugees!
i am vaping 3mg in it and STILL have to put it down occastionally... Roxy spawned the beast...

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
to be fair, i have found a couple shops with knowledgeable folks - but far more that are jam packed with idjits...

two of my local shops are good (one is excellent)... but SO many out there who do more harm than good...

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do reviews also (written). But, I make sure I know everything about the atty first, test it out thoroughly, then do the review. I don't think I've ever gotten anything I hate. Well, actually I did really dislike the Silverplay RTA. But, even that I could understand some liking it, and it had some merits.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
to be fair, i have found a couple shops with knowledgeable folks - but far more that are jam packed with idjits...

two of my local shops are good (one is excellent)... but SO many out there who do more harm than good...

I know there are some. I just haven't been in them, but I also live in the boondocks, lol!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do reviews also (written). But, I make sure I know everything about the atty first, test it out thoroughly, then do the review. I don't think I've ever gotten anything I hate. Well, actually I did really dislike the Silverplay RTA. But, even that I could understand some liking it, and it had some merits.

I appreciate "first impressions" reviews, but to review it when you've only had it an hour is wonky IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors