ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
to be fair, i have found a couple shops with knowledgeable folks - but far more that are jam packed with idjits...

two of my local shops are good (one is excellent)... but SO many out there who do more harm than good...
I've stopped giving samples to local vape shops here...they dry fire the living hell out of it, harder than anyone should dry fire anything, especially SS, then wonder why it tastes funny...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I know there are some. I just haven't been in them, but I also live in the boondocks, lol!

I way live in the boondocks - no one even sells Blu or stupid stuff like that anymore.

I've only been in one B&M in my life and it was to buy juice when I was on vacation.

You should have seen the abrupt curtain of silence that slammed down on that insanely cloudy vape shop when two middle-aged tourist walked in on a bunch of size-giant tattooed, heavily pierced polynesians having an informal cloud comp, lol.

I think they thought we were gov. officials or something at first. Very awkward, very weird.

But I whipped out my REO and started sampling and ended up being there quite awhile and had a great time once they figured out we weren't there to pee in their Cheerios. The guy that got behind the counter was awesome and I got to check out gear first-hand, something I've never been able to do before.

The closest vape shops to my house that I know of are over 300 miles away and are actually smoke shops with lots of "get your ecigs here" signs. I've never bothered to go in one.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not possible. 1) you're not getting even HALF of the nic you got from smoking, and 2) nicotine without all the other crap is not really addictive, only mildly dependence producing, like caffeine. It was mainly the MAOIs, plus the near-immediate uptake, that made cigarettes so addictive.

Behaviorally, may be another matter... especially if you LIKE vaping better than you liked smoking... but liking something, and being addicted to it, are very, very different.

Andria

*chuckles* Always do get a chuckle over knowing I'm only getting about 0.90 mg of nicotine, even though I use 18%. Without all the other crap involved though I feel it is likely a more pure nicotine experience. Think I read somewhere once on average people have about the equivalent of 11 mg of nicotine in their bodies naturally from environmental factors & what they eat. Not sure if there's truth in that but it would seem logical.

Dependant? Yep, I depend on nicotine to stay at least partially focused. It helps may be a better way to describe it. Even if it is just a jar of dirt for a person, it's my jar of dirt and it makes me feel better. :)

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I way live in the boondocks -

You should have seen the abrupt curtain of silence that slammed down when I whipped out to pee in their Cheerios. The guy that got behind the counter was awesome .

I've never bothered to go in one.

Repairbot systems online... updating firmware... initializing Mouiex subroutines...

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
*chuckles* Always do get a chuckle over knowing I'm only getting about 0.90 mg of nicotine, even though I use 18%. Without all the other crap involved though I feel it is likely a more pure nicotine experience. Think I read somewhere once on average people have about the equivalent of 11 mg of nicotine in their bodies naturally from environmental factors & what they eat. Not sure if there's truth in that but it would seem logical.

Dependant? Yep, I depend on nicotine to stay at least partially focused. It helps may be a better way to describe it. Even if it is just a jar of dirt for a person, it's my jar of dirt and it makes me feel better. :)
It's a hobby and a job for me too though. Smoking was never a hobby obviously

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can agree with it being less absorbed, because of the lack of all the other crap in cigs that boost absorption etc..but I would seriously doubt I take in less overall nicotine now that I vape. I vape far more than I smoked, but, it's kind of an impossible argument without blood tests and such

I use 18% which from what I come to understand is what is in a regular king sized cigarette. Even vaping 2 mls of juice per day, I am still only getting what I would get from 1 king sized cigarette. That is though spread out all day. My days are irregular too. Some days are 8-12 hrs, other 10-14 hrs. I will agree you may be correct blood testing would be in order. Commonly though the prevailing knowledge suggests we only absorb about 50%. Granted it too also would suggest blood work per individual.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
to be fair, i have found a couple shops with knowledgeable folks - but far more that are jam packed with idjits...

two of my local shops are good (one is excellent)... but SO many out there who do more harm than good...

Got that right! Once when I went into my local for a driptip, one of the sales people was trying to get me to "sit down and taste some", and I kept refusing, knowing that the highest PG they offered was from Halo, all of which I HATE, so I just told him, none of the juices you sell here have high enough PG for me; he sez "How high do you need?" I said 85% -- he looked absolutely AGHAST, and said "I've never heard of ANYBODY vaping that much PG!" I just smiled and said "well, now you have." Finally the owner, who's been seeing me come in there since early 2014, got him to shut up and stop showing off his stupidity. :D

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use 18% which from what I come to understand is what is in a regular king sized cigarette. Even vaping 2 mls of juice per day, I am still only getting what I would get from 1 king sized cigarette. That is though spread out all day. My days are irregular too. Some days are 8-12 hrs, other 10-14 hrs. I will agree you may be correct blood testing would be in order. Commonly though the prevailing knowledge suggests we only absorb about 50%.
You're not inhaling every bit of the nicotine in a cigarette though, far from it, and at least in my case I'm taking massively bigger amounts of vape in my lungs vs smoke, so that offsets the difference a little. Regardless, the additives in cigarettes that boost absorption are obviously absent from ejuice, but I would still contend I take in more nicotine overall. I can't even begin to say that for sure though, just a intuitive thought I guess. I would be really curious to see those blood results though.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 18% which from what I come to understand is what is in a regular king sized cigarette. Even vaping 2 mls of juice per day, I am still only getting what I would get from 1 king sized cigarette. That is though spread out all day. My days are irregular too. Some days are 8-12 hrs, other 10-14 hrs. I will agree you may be correct blood testing would be in order. Commonly though the prevailing knowledge suggests we only absorb about 50%.
It's a bit of a sliding scale. 50% would be for tootle puffers with high nic juice. If you are exhaling huge clouds you are absorbing far less.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Repairbot is on fire today. I'm gonna try to remember to be extra cautious so as not to draw his attention.
lol - repairbot has to get off his lazy ass and go clean chinchilla cages :) hope you all have an excellent day!

and thank you to all the men and women who have served - because of you, there is us

Peace, Love, Respect and Shenaniganery

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use 18% which from what I come to understand is what is in a regular king sized cigarette. Even vaping 2 mls of juice per day, I am still only getting what I would get from 1 king sized cigarette. That is though spread out all day. My days are irregular too. Some days are 8-12 hrs, other 10-14 hrs. I will agree you may be correct blood testing would be in order. Commonly though the prevailing knowledge suggests we only absorb about 50%. Granted it too also would suggest blood work per individual.
And....do you mean 1.8%? Or actually 18%..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a bit of a sliding scale. 50% would be for tootle puffers with high nic juice. If you are exhaling huge clouds you are absorbing far less.

To me, that "exhaling huge clouds" thing is like that joke I saw... about ordering the most expensive top-shelf liquor and then spilling half the shot down your shirt to show how cool you are. :D

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To me, that "exhaling huge clouds" thing is like that joke I saw... about ordering the most expensive top-shelf liquor and then spilling half the shot down your shirt to show how cool you are. :D

Andria
There was a time I would have agreed with you on that. But dammit, thanks to Roxy, now I'm blowing big clouds like a cloud bro.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I love it! Hope you enjoy!

Interesting development last night when I went to make your Pearamel.

I guess on March 13 I made up a huge batch of pear and used up all the pear flavoring. I forgot that I used it all. The resulting juice wasn't that great when I tried it in April and I forgot about it. So, I diluted it a little, and added your other ingredients to make it a Pearamel. It takes really good this morning - it will be excellent in a week or two when the other ingredients steep even more.

I also found a 30 mg of an English Toffee I love but thought I was out of, and a peachy strawberry experiment I'd done but stashed because it was only so-so at one months steep is kicking ass.

It is vape heaven day at my house

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And....do you mean 1.8%? Or actually 18%..

It's 18% or 0.18 when reduced from 100mg concentrate. No, I cannot yet go to 12% 0.12, 9% 0.09, 6% 0.06, 3% 0.03.

Wife has tried to let me use 0% 0.00 and I can enjoy a juice for flavor but wind up climbing the walls without nicotine.

Huh. Well what do you know? The stuff from Vapor 4 Life does read 1.8%. Cursed decimals, I abhor you, may you GUY! *chuckles* But I do use other that is actually 18%, 18mg per ml.

That to me is an interesting shock, though it does hold to being a jar of dirt more so. "Oh look, a squirrel." "What?" "Oh, nothing, I did not switch your sugar pill labeled sugar pill with another actual sugar pill."

Last edited:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's 18% or 0.18 when reduced from 100mg concentrate. No, I cannot yet go to 12% 0.12, 9% 0.09, 6% 0.06, 3% 0.03.

Wife has tried to let me use 0% 0.00 and I can enjoy a juice for flavor but wind up climbing the walls without nicotine.
Am I correct than when you buy "18mg" from a Vape shop, that is 1.8%?

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To clarify, I mean the percentage of absorbed aerosol vs produced aerosol is higher for a small puff than a large one if the hold time is a constant.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If 18 mg/mL was 18% then 100mg/mL would be 100%. So not true.

100 mg/mL is 10%

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Am I correct than when you buy "18mg" from a Vape shop, that is 1.8%?

Yes, that is correct; 18mg is 1.8%. 18% would be 180mg. The 100mg/ml we use to make ejuice is just 10%.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, that is correct; 18mg is 1.8%. 18% would be 180mg. The 100mg/ml we use to make ejuice is just 10%.

Andria

That's where I trip up then. I read the 100% as exactly that, 100%. I forget that it is actually only 10%. Blasted maths fouls me up all the time.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's where I trip up then. I read the 100% as exactly that, 100%. I forget that it is actually only 10%. Blasted maths fouls me up all the time.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't massively misunderstanding that whole % by volume thing, haha
Never done the whole diy ejuice thing..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape .3% nic.

Getting close on a good coil for a serpent on my Kato box mech.

A serpent on a Kato box mech is perfect. No need to remove the tank to fill or adjust juice flow.
And looks good too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, 100% is not the same as 100mg -- they're different measures. I would read 100% as being the same as 100% too, but 100mg is not 100%. it's really not math; it's being specific as to which sort of measurement you're using.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a new o-ring on my Achilles, got it all cleaned up so it doesn't feel greasy. Put the tank ring on; filled it to its usual level, with plain PG so as not to waste any actual ejuice, and parked it in my vise, so it's upright; in a while I'll check and see if it feels greasy again. Hope this fixes it.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, 100% is not the same as 100mg -- they're different measures. I would read 100% as being the same as 100% too, but 100mg is not 100%. it's really not math; it's being specific as to which sort of measurement you're using.

Andria

Which is where I apparently get lost. Because to me 100% is all in, all of something is all of something. If a bottle is 250 ml of nicotine concentrate and it reads on the label as 100% to me that means there is 250 ml of nicotine in that bottle.

To me it simply means that 250 ml of the contents of the bottle are 250 ml of nicotine, that is to me 100% nicotine. It is 250 ml, or 2,500 mg of nicotine.

And so to me it would reason that if it were only 10% nicotine it would only be 0.04 ml of nicotine 10 / 250.

Told you I get cornfuzed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors