Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to ask, I'm getting this with the kf5
people screaming because the draw is not tight enough lke the kfl and the kf4
well, being that I have both and like them also... I say -- use the kfl than! I have the kf5 and love the thing..... let me have a kayfun product that works for my all purpose needs, you've had the kfl since 2013.

I guess do you see the point? what was there already wasn't broken for you, but the guy that made the atty you like can expamce it and sell more to a broader audience.

just like svoe did with theit line. and in the proess people like me that used to use it, but moved further on, get to come home.

does that make sense?
Ohh but the next one is going to be even better than the one I love now.
Me? Find something that works for me and stick with it.
My wife is glad I am that way ;)

someone once said there is a seeker born every minute.
It was seeker wasn't it?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to ask, I'm getting this with the kf5
people screaming because the draw is not tight enough lke the kfl and the kf4
well, being that I have both and like them also... I say -- use the kfl than! I have the kf5 and love the thing..... let me have a kayfun product that works for my all purpose needs, you've had the kfl since 2013.

I guess do you see the point? what was there already wasn't broken for you, but the guy that made the atty you like can expamce it and sell more to a broader audience.

just like svoe did with theit line. and in the proess people like me that used to use it, but moved further on, get to come home.

does that make sense?

Yes, except for the fact that I spent $98 on the new one! Thinking it would be as great as the old ones! I was buying authentic to give him an up-vote, since I bought clones before -- and he goes and fucks it up, and the old ones aren't available anymore! That just steams me!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh but the next one is going to be even better than the one I love now.
Me? Find something that works for me and stick with it.
My wife is glad I am that way ;)

someone once said there is a seeker born every minute.
It was seeker wasn't it?
I'm that way too. Got my vamos and my tanks, my 2 favorites ejuices and I'm happy.
Nope broader sights. Humans are the problem not just one little sect of it.
Especially when they run thru my yard!
:eek:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll just leave this here.
OXXkMJ3.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, except for the fact that I spent $98 on the new one! Thinking it would be as great as the old ones! I was buying authentic to give him an up-vote, since I bought clones before -- and he goes and fucks it up, and the old ones aren't available anymore! That just steams me!

Andria
I was looking at it, and I could see it had and increased airflow over the old, almost picked one up but went petri instead. I'm not so sure if he screwed it up, so muh as made it for slightly different audience.
I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

I reckon you can always sell it on the classies... sorry

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well hell, I like my clone Achilles originals better than the authentic Achilles 2. Because he fucked up the tight draw by trying to make it appeal to cloud chasers, GOD DAMN IT. That really pisses me off to no end. Goddamn cloud chasers have ENOUGH ALREADY! LEAVE SOME FOR THE FUCKING TOOTLE PUFFERS!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

GET A HORSE! ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 1300 that goes in the lavabox seems too big to be able to fit in that one and have room for squonk stuff...I could be wrong though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'll have to find the right size allen wrench to take the cover off the battery, but I'm just about positive he said 1300.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at it, and I could see it had and increased airflow over the old, almost picked one up but went petri instead. I'm not so sure if he screwed it up, so muh as made it for slightly different audience.
I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

I reckon you can always sell it on the classies... sorry

Nah, I'm using the top cap and tank ring because they're shorter, and I like that; just using one of the old bases.

I was thinking about maybe starting a WTT thread -- one of the old bases for my Achilles 2 base, for those who don't like the tight draw -- lord knows there's lots of those! The threading is identical, the only real difference is the A2 has that 2.5mm airhole, and that AFC ring at the bottom (which I also hate extremely), and the part on the underside of the top cap that sticks downward, is a bit shorter on the new top cap, since the tank ring is shorter. I might still be able to use the original top caps with the new shorter tank, if I build lower, closer to the airhole.

Andria

ETA: my whole point though, is that the audience he was apparently aiming at with the new one, ALREADY HAS shitloads of great options -- tootle puffers don't! He should have left it alone, or at the very least, not stopped making the originals -- if I could buy an authentic original at this point, I probably would, I like them so much!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nah, I'm using the top cap and tank ring because they're shorter, and I like that; just using one of the old bases.

I was thinking about maybe starting a WTT thread -- one of the old bases for my Achilles 2 base, for those who don't like the tight draw -- lord knows there's lots of those! The threading is identical, the only real difference is the A2 has that 2.5mm airhole, and that AFC ring at the bottom (which I also hate extremely), and the part on the underside of the top cap that sticks downward, is a bit shorter on the new top cap, since the tank ring is shorter. I might still be able to use the original top caps with the new shorter tank, if I build lower, closer to the airhole.

Andria

ETA: my whole point though, is that the audience he was apparently aiming at with the new one, ALREADY HAS shitloads of great options -- tootle puffers don't! He should have left it alone, or at the very least, not stopped making the originals -- if I could buy an authentic original at this point, I probably would, I like them so much!

you are totally missing what I was saying
you want a tight draw. limited airflow... there are only so may ways to do that in the same design .
he made something different, for a different audience.

if svoe made a new lafun for tootlepuffers, it would be a tight airflow dingle coil rta - they have one in the kayfin 4. or the kayfun 3.
if I want top fill, I have the 4 or an after market cap for the 3. there is no point in making the 5 the same as the the 3 or 4

for the Achilles to make the same thing and call it a revision, means making a revision the same as what is there/ there are other options thought, the Narda, the marquis, the snapdragon, the nectar

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I decided just now to submit a comment on titanium-mods.com site about how disappointed I am with the A2 -- and it wouldn't let me! So fuck him, I submitted the same review when I shared it on FB. Here's what I said:

I bought this because I could no longer buy an original Achilles, either an authentic here, or clones elsewhere. The original Achilles is my MOST FAVORITE vape of any I have experienced in over 2 yrs of vaping; the GREAT tight draw, the absolutely saturated flavor... it's unbeatable! This one delivers the same excellent flavor, but if you're looking for another great tight-draw option, you'll be as disappointed in this one as I am.

Cloud chasers already have almost the entire market, so many options, they can't even be counted. Those who like a really tight draw have very few options, and with the original Achilles no longer being available, the very best option is completely gone. I really wish this one was adjustable down to the same tightness as the original, but it's not.

I'm also not fond of the AFC ring at all. I preferred the original hex-key adjustment, set it and forget it; the AFC ring still won't let you adjust it unless you take the atty off the mod, so I really don't see the point.

Please, bring back the originals -- I guarantee you, the market is there; some of us could care less about clouds, we want a tight draw and rich flavor.

I'm not surprised he censors bad reviews; censorship has a long history in that part of the world, so I guess he thinks it's ok. WRONG!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you want a tight draw. limited airflow... there are only so may ways to do that in the same design .

if svoe made a new lafun for tootlepuffers, it would be a tight airflow dingle coil rta - they have one in the kayfin 4. or the kayfun 3.
if I want top fill, I have the 4 or an after market cap for the 3. there is no point in making the 5 the same as the the 3 or 4

for the Achilles to make the same thing and call it a revision, means making a revision the same as what is there/ there are other options thought, the Narda, the marquis, the snapdragon, the nectar

Do any of those have the airflow DIRECTLY BENEATH the coil, or side air, like the Narda you recommended before? That is simply unsat.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So spill it dude
just typical stuff. Trying to make everyone happy and failing. Some people are reasonable and fair, and I can agree with them 100% even if I don't say it, but some people can be so unreasonable it's impossible to make them happy no matter what I do. had a taste of both today. It's just one of those days where you're not quite livin the dream, lol

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
evening all, i never got around to making a cherry mix today. I got caught up with other issues. When i went to lay down last night night i found my tablet to be broken screen cracked. Spent hours researching on a replacement. Ordered and will be here Tuesday. Then i went to look for recepies for a cherry swirl. The only cherry's i have are all tfa cherry blossom, black cherry and maraschino cherry. My question to you is using one of these what would you mix with tfa vanilla swirl? and btw when i am sober to read the replys i will mix some thing up. Saki is a wonderful thing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

If he wanted to make something for cloud chasers, he could have made anything, and called it anything -- but to make an ACHILLES and fuck it up so it's not a tight draw anymore... that is not an improvement! It's not even an Achilles!

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well hell. Partners kids car is finally done. Time to crawl into a truck for a 12 hour ride through the night. I just HATE getting home at 10am. 30 year old kids that still rely on Daddy to provide... everything. My own kids know the score. 18 and done, unless you've EARNED the privilege of being sent to college. Then you only get another 4 year pass, and I limit tuition to what a 4 year degree costs at a State school. After that kid, on you.

There is a reason kids stay dependent on their parents. The parents LET them.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If he wanted to make something for cloud chasers, he could have made anything, and called it anything -- but to make an ACHILLES and fuck it up so it's not a tight draw anymore... that is not an improvement! It's not even an Achilles!

Andria
not arguing, but ummmmm.... I don't know that I would call it a cloud chasing atty.
for me it would still be tight and I'm not a cloud chaser.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
just typical stuff. Trying to make everyone happy and failing. Some people are reasonable and fair, and I can agree with them 100% even if I don't say it, but some people can be so unreasonable it's impossible to make them happy no matter what I do. had a taste of both today. It's just one of those days where you're not quite livin the dream, lol

Had the same thing yesterday and Thursday ---- effing blows
Which is why we blow off steam in here, lol

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Had the same thing yesterday and Thursday ---- effing blows
Which is why we blow off steam in here, lol
Eh, I don't feel I can give details really but I think anyone that has worked customer service knows what I'm saying. There are people that can be unhappy and you agree with them and try to go above and beyond, and there are also people that are just totally and completely unreasonable and nothing you say or do will make it better. I try to make everyone happy but some people it's just impossible. I think it's zen braiding time

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do any of those have the airflow DIRECTLY BENEATH the coil, or side air, like the Narda you recommended before? That is simply unsat.

Andria
The Snapdragon has side airflow, you can cut it off completely if you want...it's a damn good atty too.

The Marquis, same thing, probably one of the best attys ever made.

The NarDa has two airflow holes at the bottom of the coil, but not adjustable, it's for a middle of the road draw, not tight.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Stumpy is a really good atty, top airflow that hits the coils perfectly the way it's designed. You can turn the airflow down to nothing. I have 8 Stumpy's, one of my favorites.

I want one with the airflow directly beneath the coil -- that's the only kind I've ever liked. Anything else, and the flavor is too diluted, regardless of the tightness of the draw. I don't want air, I want flavored vapor.

I find the Magma just a little too airy, but I can tolerate it, because the airhole is right beneath the coil, so it has great flavor. Unfortunately, it leaks so much because of the airhole being flush on the deck, it's really not a very practical design; you can't lay it down, or take it anywhere.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want one with the airflow directly beneath the coil -- that's the only kind I've ever liked. Anything else, and the flavor is too diluted, regardless of the tightness of the draw. I don't want air, I want flavored vapor.

I find the Magma just a little too airy, but I can tolerate it, because the airhole is right beneath the coil, so it has great flavor. Unfortunately, it leaks so much because of the airhole being flush on the deck, it's really not a very practical design; you can't lay it down, or take it anywhere.

Andria
Andria, there are numerous really good attys with top or top side airflow control. The way the top cap is designed the air is pulled from the bottom of the coil. They are flavor machines.

If you'd like. I could box up one of each atty I have, with the type of airflow you're looking for, and send them to you, that way you could try them without buying. If I could help, just let me know. I have a half dozen of every atty I can think of that are high end drippers now bottom fed, but I have the 510 pins to rearrange the sex of the atty.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I may need to sweet talk the witch. Velocity style deck, similar to a Griffin but not quite the same. Top fill like the Smok tanks. This is the first I've seen this one. Like seeing them broken down. Deck set as bottom feed, i.e. gravity fed from the juice in the tank. Very nice, very, very nice.

Think the witch still owes me a B-day gift. Must at least try. Such a sweet looking tank. I would probably buy it for $25, but that for me is a bit high as far as tanks. Granted, yes some merit that or more. I'm not disparaging the quality at all. I just have trouble spending money when it is difficult come by.

This is not debasing the quality of any product, it is my view. If you have a tank & can make it next to nothing, sell it next to nothing, it does the job. Is there need as a consumer to keep buying up the high end tanks that basically do the same thing as the low end tank? Yes, a tank is a tank, is a tank, is exactly what I'm saying.

I say the same regarding RDAs, regarding mods. It holds the battery, is it regulated, or mechanical? I do not see much difference beyond that with mods. although recently, I have seen that the Evics are adding in games and clocks. Um, okay I can wear a watch, got a Nintendo Wii with some home brew. Do I need games and clocks on a battery box? Shoot soon the battery boxes will build us houses. Yay.

I'm not trying to fuss or seem as though I'm against innovation. To me though it seems kind of skewed. Then again, I have in the past year been told I'm getting the old. *sighs*
its an exceptional tank

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lmao...when I was leaving my office, the mail-lady left me the box of rayon I ordered in front of the door, it's about 16 inches high and a foot wide. Graham cellucotton. Should be enough to last if I live to be 200 yrs old......:vino:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors