ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TOTALLY feel for you. I had an umbilical hernia that needed operating on about 10 years ago. It went very well, but I gotta say, the pain on waking was INTENSE. Worse, I was kinda out of it, and it felt like something foreign in my gut, so I strained really hard to push it out. That probably didn't help matters. Took awhile for that pain to go away too. I would MUCH rather have another hip replacement than a hernia operation. Comparitively, that SUCKED!

Me and dilauded was very very good friends with the hernia surgery recovery!

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
boreas.jpg I thought I'd be a wise guy and build 5.5mm dual coils on the Boreas. WAY too big. I ended up having to squeeze it, push it down, all kindsa manipulations to get it to fit in the bell without shorting. What I can't figure out is why 6 wraps at 5.5mm dual is coming out at only .14 ohms. I might be pushing part of the coil up against a post when I squeeze it into the bell. Too low for the RX200 to use temp control, darnit.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The fugees seem to be napping today
Not napping, but working from home, preparing for my annual hell week at work. TS16949 audit (similar to ISO 9001, but for automotive suppliers) for those who know what it is. I get to spend the next 4 days with an auditor, meaning I won't get any of my real work done.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, except for the fact that I spent $98 on the new one! Thinking it would be as great as the old ones! I was buying authentic to give him an up-vote, since I bought clones before -- and he goes and fucks it up, and the old ones aren't available anymore! That just steams me!

Andria
The inserts will fix that

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to an Art gallery a couple weeks ago for graduating seniors of Detroit's College of Creative Studies. This artist had 15 pieces, 11 of them were already sold. But my favorite was still available. So now it's mine. 5 of the pieces had been bought by the Ilitch's. Yep, owners of the Detroit Tigers and Red Wings and Little Caesars Pizza company. Having paid for a good chunk of this artists tuition, you'd think I'd get a discount. ;)
13254653_10209853139112170_2124335641912139498_o.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I went to an Art gallery a couple weeks ago for graduating seniors of Detroit's College of Creative Studies. This artist had 15 pieces, 11 of them were already sold. But my favorite was still available. So now it's mine. 5 of the pieces had been bought by the Ilitch's. Yep, owners of the Detroit Tigers and Red Wings and Little Caesars Pizza company. Having paid for a good chunk of this artists tuition, you'd think I'd get a discount. ;)
View attachment 53340

So not a starving artist

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I thought you were talking about the KF5.

Well... there are two cylindrical doohickies that came with the Achilles 2, for which I cannot discern a purpose; I don't know what they are, but one is fatter with a narrower opening, one has thinner walls with a wider opening. It's possible that they are some kind of inserts, but I don't know how they would be used, if so -- there's not any freaking instructions! (and even if there was, it would probably be in fucking russian!)

These are the doohickeys -- I photographed them on my phone so the scale is more apparent:

doohickeys-1.jpg

doohickeys-2.jpg

No earthly idea what they are or what they're for, but it crossed my mind that they might have some purpose for tightening the draw, if I could only figure out what to do with them.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD in your strawberry and cream you use 6% Bavarian cream dx, If i was to use non dx what % would you recommend?

No idea, never used it, since it has diketones. But actually I use 5.7%... I scaled the percentages down by about 5%, except the sweetener, to help a little with the gunking.

This is the most current recipe:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.8%

Unless you like it super sweet, I recommend starting the sweetener at 2% or 2.5%, and see if you need more -- I like it really sweet. :)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know someone was stalking Morgan Freeman's Grand daughter and tackled her in New York or LA and stabbed her, and some crazy stuff......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Kind of heard about that. Wonder if the *chuckle* authorities *chuckle* got them before some vigilant citizens did. Can assure you, Mr. Freeman's family would know protection around me & mine. All for being pacifist and don't start shit. You know the rest, I'm sure. :)

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just picked up the mutation x V5 authentic around 25 dollars. Of all the velocitys i have Glaciers, kenndys and so forth, I have to say the is the best addy i own. Great for flavor for clouds the airflow adjustments are fantastic.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thus Spake Morelythustra

I'm not anyone special. Well, I'm speck all like my mom used to pronounce, in that I did ride the short bus. I had behavioral modification classes along with learning disabilities classes. I went from one county to another to go to the speck all classes. I'm nobody though, only some guy/dude/fool/joe.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If anyone was looking, they have actual Tobeco Velocity 2 clones @ vapingwalrus now

I will have one of these for sure. I may opt for the FT deal though. Yes, I'm cheap. I'll wait on the shipping too. Know FT will get here & can go through customs in ... Ha ha not saying where. I also know a few courier type of folks who somehow mystically ensure my deliveries get through.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will have one of these for sure. I may opt for the FT deal though. Yes, I'm cheap. I'll wait on the shipping too. Know FT will get here & can go through customs in ... Ha ha not saying where. I also know a few courier type of folks who somehow mystically ensure my deliveries get through.
Shipping from Walrus is FREE

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But you get free shipping at eciggity if you spend $75, so you get more gear that way :cool:
I like the way you think! I actually do that. Every time I find a deal on something I want I add more 'stuff' to the order just to get the free shipping.:facepalm:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Hank's vapingwalrus deal is pretty good if that's all you are getting.

Did you find a Tobeco Vel V2 on FT? I see they have "styled" velocity v2s but I haven't seen the Tobeco clone, but maybe I didn't look hard enough, lol.

The FT "styled" v2 makes no mention of a bf pin and sure doesn't show one in the pictures

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not anyone special. Well, I'm speck all like my mom used to pronounce, in that I did ride the short bus. I had behavioral modification classes along with learning disabilities classes. I went from one county to another to go to the speck all classes. I'm nobody though, only some guy/dude/fool/joe.
But I enjoy reading what you write, and it is often somewhat philosophical. Or at least it seems to me. Certainly not nobody.

ETA DAMMIT I need to proofread before I post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors