Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At least you don't think your Daisy or Boss Hogg

No, don't have enough curves topside to be Daisy. Not got any ass to be Boss Hog. My wife though tells me my no ass is a very cute no ass, so does my boyfriend. * shrugs * I just keep it worked off it seems, or someone tosses work at me to keep it off. I used to be a Juan guy. You know, that Juan guy you need for that Juan job that Juan time but you no want Julio to do it because he can no va.

No disrespect intended for any of Hispanic origin, ancestry. I am simply using a pun, a play on words for humorous effect.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah. You are correct. It has been too long since I watched the Hazzard klan. I will offer that cursed 'old timers' as being a bit of a culprit in this case. It is either that or C.R.S heading into C.R.A.F.T due to being rather seedy.

Well it's ok.... I always remember good looking hunks. :D And even ugly hunks. :D And I watched a BUTTLOAD of that stupid show, just to laugh at Roscoe P. Coltraine!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Doc Iguana, that was a splendid job of speaking for all of us, in a way most of us can't. That was an all out unprovoked assault on dear Lucy. No point in adding to the fray. What do you tell a troll with 2 black eyes? :giggle:

Remember that guys who lit up the place like no other when he said he'd pee on the flag over the FDA crap?

Pusvape ie: Trolly McTwatwaffle was the only mf dumb enough to like the the post: just read to top line and see for yourself who liked that post.

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 7.03.17 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Remember that guys who lit up the place like no other when he said he'd pee on the flag over the FDA crap?

Pusvape ie: Trolly McTwatwaffle was the only mf dumb enough to like the the post: just read to top line and see for yourself who liked that post.

View attachment 54827

Then he went on to make really dumb remarks in defense of the flag which shows he did not pay attention in kindergarten

Total PUTZ

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what exactly do I do if I suddenly find myself in possession of a crap ton (oh, wait, what's that term again? oh yeah) I mean an elegant sufficiency of fancy wire that I know nothing about. Examples-Fused Clapton 28*2 +32, what does that even mean in terms of trying to estimate coil resistance before I wrap a coil? I know with standard clapton you can estimate based on the inner wire, but what about fused clapton since their are two wires? Reaper Clapton 28/24 does this mean 28 around 24 or 24 around 28? Might sound like a dumb question, but not how I'm used to seeing it listed. Mad Rabbit Low Resistance wire - What is this stuff even made of? Immolation Competition Wire 22g - again what is this?

the higher number is a smaller wire. they are always on the outside. the inside can be one or more wires (round or flat or both). its hard to imagine a 24/28 clapton. usually the outer smaller wire is a few sizes smaller than the inner one (like 28/36). the larger the outer wrap, the longer it takes to heat up, so people usually prefer to keep the outer wire at about 34g or smaller, though a lot of premade wire comes with 32g wrap...

most 'low resistance' or hybrid wire is a mix of kanthal and n80 and sometimes ss or other stuff.

to determine the resistance of multiple cores you can check out wire wizard at the steam engine site. theres a drop down box where you can select clapton wire, which produces another set of boxes to choose your core and wrap wires. the core wire section has a drop down box where you can select parallel, twisted etc cores. for regular fused claptons just pick parallel cores and set the size to figure out what the 2x28/32 claptons come to. you can also just figure out what the resistance of one 28g wire would be, then divide by the number of cores to find the single coil resistance (if you are running dual coils, then divide the result by two again to find your final build resistance).

there are no dumb questions.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The UK appears to have voted to leave the EU.

Watch the dominoes topple. Suspect that Spain will go next, or be bankrupted, Italy after (note, I do not say Vatican City but rather Italy). What concerns me more so is our bone brained leadership seeming to think pissing off China is a good idea. They put two aircraft carriers in the China Sea. Not outside the theater but directly in the theater. I need to concur with China's statement that such an act is a direct and clear message of aggression, without yet engaging. If our leadership did not intend on further engaging but rather a mere presence, the carriers would serve that purpose on the outer parameter of the theater. So yes, of course, let's piss China off as the global financial market goes to Hell.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See what happens when it's "My money, your money" instead of just "our money"?

Or even, Hour Money, maybe suggest an Hour of labor in any form equals say $20 USD flat rate. Base the work levels upon merit, let those with better skills earn say 5-10% more but no more. More than such a base increase would be too excessive and fully, truly unfair. You might break it up in three levels.

Apprentice - Earns the straight wage of $20 per Hour, or $1 Hour Dollar.
Journeyman - Earns straight wage plus 5%.
Artisan - Straight wage plus 10%.

Just a thought train which likely will become derailed.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the main thing with the UK's #Brexit is that if they're gonna be ruled by clueless idiots, they want it to be their own homegrown duly-elected clueless idiots, so they can vote in a whole new set of clueless idiots when they get sick of the incumbents. Sorta like the US. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think the main thing with the UK's #Brexit is that if they're gonna be ruled by clueless idiots, they want it to be their own homegrown duly-elected clueless idiots, so they can vote in a whole new set of clueless idiots when they get sick of the incumbents. Sorta like the US. :D

Andria

We've been divorced from them for a quite awhile now :hamster:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
84473afeb172f2421bd3ea1a954f0bc6.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Now to get Scotland independent of the U.K.. I apologize if the idealistic and egalitarian views I have seem to be collectivism. They may well be. They are not though collectivism in the manner of globalism. I strongly feel local-ism, even to the point of isolationism, or protectionism suits better. Even then, I am not referring to jingoistic endeavors that foster xenophobia. Yes, be aware other nations, localities exist. Yes, trade with others. Yes, aid others. Yes, seek aid from others. But, let us all keep our own porches clean first, let charity begin in the home.

Hate to do it but let me unleash an ear worm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors