Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This tornado nano is way more impressive than the bigger version so far...like a totally different tank (i mean, it IS a totally different tank design..)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Are you trying to divert us from ripping this guy to shreds?

Just kidding - tell us more :)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are you trying to divert us from ripping this guy to shreds?

Just kidding - tell us more :)
It's got a lot more density and flavor than the big tornado, and the airflow isn't as ridiculous as the big one. I'm still on my first build but so far so good, I'm really enjoying it.

And by all means, shred away! I don't know the dude...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
there once was a guy named pusvape...
who started to act very rude...
and then came along doc iguana
who gave him some "baditude"

Pus was so aweful
He was a twatwaffle
the Fugees said he was screwed
you know, i really was trying to be moderately diplomatic at first, but that was unsuccessful... hence, the dubbing of sir twatwaffle

don't get me wrong - i am all for folks sharing information but i have some issues when folks go seemingly WAY out of their way to be abrasive - it is easy enough to disagree and be civil without resorting to a douchepickley approach... /shrug

but it was kinda funny - and i could not find ANY info on a chinolizer - i think it may be what he uses to vape the overflow from his colostomy bag, but i could be mistaken...

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what exactly do I do if I suddenly find myself in possession of a crap ton (oh, wait, what's that term again? oh yeah) I mean an elegant sufficiency of fancy wire that I know nothing about. Examples-Fused Clapton 28*2 +32, what does that even mean in terms of trying to estimate coil resistance before I wrap a coil? I know with standard clapton you can estimate based on the inner wire, but what about fused clapton since their are two wires? Reaper Clapton 28/24 does this mean 28 around 24 or 24 around 28? Might sound like a dumb question, but not how I'm used to seeing it listed. Mad Rabbit Low Resistance wire - What is this stuff even made of? Immolation Competition Wire 22g - again what is this?

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So what exactly do I do if I suddenly find myself in possession of a crap ton (oh, wait, what's that term again? oh yeah) I mean an elegant sufficiency of fancy wire that I know nothing about. Examples-Fused Clapton 28*2 +32, what does that even mean in terms of trying to estimate coil resistance before I wrap a coil? I know with standard clapton you can estimate based on the inner wire, but what about fused clapton since their are two wires? Reaper Clapton 28/24 does this mean 28 around 24 or 24 around 28? Might sound like a dumb question, but not how I'm used to seeing it listed. Mad Rabbit Low Resistance wire - What is this stuff even made of? Immolation Competition Wire 22g - again what is this?
not sure about estimating resistance, but the fused clapton example would be 2 28g cores wrapped with 32g... would think the reaper clapton should be 24g core with 28g wrap (but if it is the opposite, it should be readily apparent)... the mad rabbit and immolation you would probably have to google - would guess low gauge kanthal, but could be a nichrome?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not sure about estimating resistance, but the fused clapton example would be 2 28g cores wrapped with 32g... would think the reaper clapton should be 24g core with 28g wrap (but if it is the opposite, it should be readily apparent)... the mad rabbit and immolation you would probably have to google - would guess low gauge kanthal, but could be a nichrome?
Mad Rabbit just tells you "It has lower resistance per length than kanthal" but no other info. Pretty sure it's stainless of some sort, but can't confirm. Immolation comes a bit closer to saying what theirs is, by calling it "he hottest, newest custom Stainless Steel Alloy blend available" but still don't know enough to know if I can use it for TC.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My son's at the grand canyon! I'm so happy for him. He's teaching percussion for DCI. This summer it's The Academy Drum and Bugle Corps. Arizona!!!
upload_2016-6-23_19-23-9.png

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pusvape is posting nice-nice

Lets see if he can hold his mucus plug

I just read his post about if he can't find affordable nic base, he'll have to give up vaping. I'm sooooooooooo tempted to "be him" for a minute, and ask him where the fuck he's been for the last 2 yrs, under a fucking rock? I've been building my stash for 2 yrs now, since June 2014. He's clearly a complete doofus nimrod if he hasn't, and I have zero sympathy. But I'll stick to ignoring posts from those I've ignored. It drives them crazy. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just read his post about if he can't find affordable nic base, he'll have to give up vaping. I'm sooooooooooo tempted to "be him" for a minute, and ask him where the fuck he's been for the last 2 yrs, under a fucking rock? I've been building my stash for 2 yrs now, since June 2014. He's clearly a complete doofus nimrod if he hasn't, and I have zero sympathy. But I'll stick to ignoring posts from those I've ignored. It drives them crazy. :D

Andria

It was all I could do not to jump on that one, but thought better of it.

I just realized he's pissed because I made fun of him in the mudpit when he said something would make condensation on your mom instead of mod.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dun told you! A big fat parallel coil, with the air in single coil mode
b9b877cb87f04971ac17ced14ebc4b8d.jpg

"Parallel, ..." he says. Twisted I'm building a little of currently, in anticipation of the Velocities. Not checked the ohms on them yet. Been using a strand of 28g Kanthal bent over and twisted on itself. I then, wrap 5 to 6 times around a 3 mm ID mandrel. Been thinking of doing braided but not sure that would quite be a good idea. @raymo2u may know a little better, though. I may be seeing a pipe dream while over thinking a bowl of beans.

I do like the 3 to 3.5 mm ID too. It lets me cram in a lot of Rayon to cascade for slurping up juice.

"Stainless, ..." he says. Kanthal says I, not quite gotten to stainless, may in the future. I'll check with the secondary future me. The primary future me is an asshole and follows the Prime Directive, won't tell me a thing. Figure you're onto something decent though in stainless. Not quite a skeered of it but still got lingering cautionary signs in my mind, ergo dragging the heels to buy some 316 wire. If braiding of Kanthal does well, I finger it'd do well with stainless too.

Your build though as is does look kick ass. I can see the advantages of the Goon style deck over the Velocity style. Both are good overall deck designs & I'm not knocking either. To me it would be difficult to call a best. I'm looking forward to the Velocity style as a new builder & think it'll do good even as a seasoned builder from the reviews I'm seeing or hearing. Yep, peer pressure. :)

That is not to say I will not ever try the Goon style deck. I do intend to try it. For now I'll go with the Velocity style & be pleased as Punch, until I've gotten an itch to scratch at the Goon style. Finger both styles will remain on some market in some way.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
"Parallel, ..." he says. Twisted I'm building a little of currently, in anticipation of the Velocities. Not checked the ohms on them yet. Been using a strand of 28g Kanthal bent over and twisted on itself. I then, wrap 5 to 6 times around a 3 mm ID mandrel. Been thinking of doing braided but not sure that would quite be a good idea. @raymo2u may know a little better, though. I may be seeing a pipe dream while over thinking a bowl of beans.

I do like the 3 to 3.5 mm ID too. It lets me cram in a lot of Rayon to cascade for slurping up juice.

"Stainless, ..." he says. Kanthal says I, not quite gotten to stainless, may in the future. I'll check with the secondary future me. The primary future me is an asshole and follows the Prime Directive, won't tell me a thing. Figure you're onto something decent though in stainless. Not quite a skeered of it but still got lingering cautionary signs in my mind, ergo dragging the heels to buy some 316 wire. If braiding of Kanthal does well, I finger it'd do well with stainless too.

Your build though as is does look kick ass. I can see the advantages of the Goon style deck over the Velocity style. Both are good overall deck designs & I'm not knocking either. To me it would be difficult to call a best. I'm looking forward to the Velocity style as a new builder & think it'll do good even as a seasoned builder from the reviews I'm seeing or hearing. Yep, peer pressure. :)

That is not to say I will not ever try the Goon style deck. I do intend to try it. For now I'll go with the Velocity style & be pleased as Punch, until I've gotten an itch to scratch at the Goon style. Finger both styles will remain on some market in some way.

I just got a BF cloned Goon and like it way, way better than the Velocity. But that's just me.

Check you pm Morley

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Aren't ya kind lassy, aren't ya kind. lol
Well, chicks and dudes, I'm off to bed. Early day again tomorrow. Long day. Maybe I'll be working on another "slow" report so I can check in during runs. (report runs :sneaka:)

GFY and hopefully you don't have any kind of runs - except for going to get a kickass coffee run

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got a BF cloned Goon and like it way, way better than the Velocity. But that's just me.

Check you pm Morley

Right Toe! "Left foot!" :)

See, now all this peer pressure going on again. "Try the squonk Morely, you might likes it." ... "try a mech mod Morely, you gonna luvs it. Just be careful to not get busted by BATF for carrying a pipe bomb, or blowing up your house."

So, ... Morely tries these. Morely does indeed likes, luvs them. :)

"See Morely, we know your happy spot."

The Morely smiles but has this creepy feeling. "Erm, things are going right, people are saying I make sense when I know I don't ... hmm ..." ... "Well, alright maybe it is a case which the world is fucked & I'm just pulling a Duke boys."

Not quite figured which I am yet, Bo, or Luke. I'm probably Bo, all dark and quiet like. Kid you not I'm not much for words except in having a keyboard at hand. Even then, I have gradually withdrawn a great deal more so over the past few years. Often bite my fingers to avoid typing in useless garbage. Suppose that's all in how you see it though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Right Toe! "Left foot!" :)

See, now all this peer pressure going on again. "Try the squonk Morely, you might likes it." ... "try a mech mod Morely, you gonna luvs it. Just be careful to not get busted by BATF for carrying a pipe bomb, or blowing up your house."

So, ... Morely tries these. Morely does indeed likes, luvs them. :)

"See Morely, we know your happy spot."

The Morely smiles but has this creepy feeling. "Erm, things are going right, people are saying I make sense when I know I don't ... hmm ..." ... "Well, alright maybe it is a case which the world is fucked & I'm just pulling a Duke boys."

Not quite figured which I am yet, Bo, or Luke. I'm probably Bo, all dark and quiet like. Kid you not I'm not much for words except in having a keyboard at hand. Even then, I have gradually withdrawn a great deal more so over the past few years. Often bite my fingers to avoid typing in useless garbage. Suppose that's all in how you see it though.

At least you don't think you're Daisy or Boss Hogg

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I thought Bo was the cute blonde, and Luke the ugly but hunkish brunette.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors