Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That much I've figured out. There must be a setting somewhere.

Only for the admins to adjust, I think. It seems to be a default if you just drag n drop. I've never found any other way to avoid that title, other than posting from a URL. Which has the advantage of allowing you to post larger images, very useful with animated gifs; the drag n drop feature is limited to <100KB.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you ever have fudged a tax return, even a little bit then yes, you have taken tax dollars from others.

The biggest problem is politics. If you look at which party receives the lion share of political donations from corporations you will understand why they receive tax dollars for nothing. Does it make it right? No, but it is what it is and we really need to look at who is ultimately responsible instead of just blaming the end user (or abuser).
Nerver ever stated anything untrue on a tax return.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgetting how to do arithmetic wouldn't surprise me at all -- I was in 5th grade before I knew all my times tables! :D But reading? To me, that's like breathing... impossible to forget how to do that!

My son is appalled at my total doofusness with "mathematics" -- he tried to explain some chemistry shit to me at one point, and I just don't get it, it goes in one eye and out the other ear. "Moles" or some ridiculous crap. I told him, just be glad I learned to measure for cooking, and do arithmetic to keep up with the bills! :D

Andria
How about your gozinta tables?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm having a crazyass craving for an ice cream sandwich.

To the store!!!!
Ya know what sucks? Someone here bought 6 boxes of ice cream sandwiches "on sale" and since they can't "fit" them all in their refrigerator, they store them here in our employee freezer. Every time I go to heat up my lunch, I see those boxes............I want one. Can't have one, but, I want one.
There are 3 of us working today and I told them I feel like we're like the movie "The Breakfast Club". I wanted to do some shenanigans. They just looked at me funny, so, I vaped in the bathroom. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!! YES I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I sped up that report so I'm outta here. Caio!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How about your gozinta tables?

Heh... I just thank god for calculators; even now, decades after grammar school, if I try to do long division by hand, it looks like a 4th grader did it -- it starts getting bigger, and slanting over, and slanting over more, and more, and more, till one division problem is taking up half the page. Really it's embarrassing as hell. So I thank god for calculators. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heh... I just thank god for calculators; even now, decades after grammar school, if I try to do long division by hand, it looks like a 4th grader did it -- it starts getting bigger, and slanting over, and slanting over more, and more, and more, till one division problem is taking up half the page. Really it's embarrassing as hell. So I thank god for calculators. :D

Andria
Why i am glad cell phones have calculators on them. Many a night I stood next to a work bench writing on the paper covering the workbench the math for determining shim thickness or flight control angles.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have to host your photo's on like photo bucket then that created a ULR to put in the block for posting your pic, PB has free accounts
There is a place called lightshot that works great too. It has an app you can download if you want that will even copy your picture to your lightshot gallery and it too is free. A lot of times I find it easier to use the app than to drag and drop the picture because I can just copy the portion of the picture I want instead of the whole thing. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why i am glad cell phones have calculators on them. Many a night I stood next to a work bench writing on the paper covering the workbench the math for determining shim thickness or flight control angles.

I think that was the first app I downloaded. :D My phone is even better than my husband's Galaxy S5 -- he has to use an app for a flashlight -- mine's included in the phone's ROM. :D

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a place called lightshot that works great too. It has an app you can download if you want that will even copy your picture to your lightshot gallery and it too is free. A lot of times I find it easier to use the app than to drag and drop the picture because I can just copy the portion of the picture I want instead of the whole thing. :)
Yep, and tiny pic is another I think

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200_zpseaed6a8f.gif

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you catch on quickly.

Really tired of everything being dumbed down. :mad:

Andria
agreed. i tend to appreciate a long post. it means the person spent some time trying to explain something they obviously care about. since i am also on this specific forum, talking about this specific topic, theres a good chance that the long post in question is gonna be a benefit to me and my understanding of the subject matter. not reading it is tantamount to kicking yourself in the ass.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you catch on quickly.

agreed. i tend to appreciate a long post. it means the person spent some time trying to explain something they obviously care about. since i am also on this specific forum, talking about this specific topic, theres a good chance that the long post in question is gonna be a benefit to me and my understanding of the subject matter. not reading it is tantamount to kicking yourself in the ass.

YES!!!

And as for all you idjits posting shit upside down... good thing I learned to read from the opposite side of a desk, what some teacher or counselor or doctor or therapist was REALLY saying about me!

;)
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK atchaffy, hope your happy. Sitting in exam room and ekg already done!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I had some chest pains yesterday.... which I haven't felt since I switched to vaping, till now. No way in hell I'm going to any doc about it; 1) no insurance, 2) a fast heart attack sounds to me like a fandamntastic way to get outta this world. Beats the SHIT outta wasting away by inches, with cancer.

No matter what anyone thinks... nobody gets outta here ALIVE. You can live on kale and spring water all you wanna, YOU'RE STILL GONNA DIE!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had some chest pains yesterday.... which I haven't felt since I switched to vaping, till now. No way in hell I'm going to any doc about it; 1) no insurance, 2) a fast heart attack sounds to me like a fandamntastic way to get outta this world. Beats the SHIT outta wasting away by inches, with cancer.

No matter what anyone thinks... nobody gets outta here ALIVE. You can live on kale and spring water all you wanna, YOU'RE STILL GONNA DIE!

Andria
True, very true. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
...I and many like me are more than happy to help anyone who really needs that help but there is one catch. They have to be trying to help themselves too. ...

Say you have a person who beats his wife and kids constantly and no matter what you say or do, it doesnt stop. He also refuses to work or support his family and thinks it is your place to do that because you have more than you deserve in his opinion, even tho you worked hard for what you have. I know that is an extreme example but we both know there are people out there like that. How can any of us have a better world with them in our world. So now what do you do. Do you shun him and refuse to help him anymore? If you do that then what about his wife, his kids? How is he any less deserving than one who refused to help themselves? One who had potential but squandered it? As much as any of us wish for love, reason, humanity, potentiality and true objective freedom, there is also reality that must be dealt with. ...

We still are much in agreement. I too would prefer seeing someone try helping themselves before helping them. Can agree that is only a fair & just stipulation.

As to the child and wife abusers, well as I endured that myself you may expect my response to be that we do all sorts of vile things to them. I'll surprise you here. I think we offer them double, triple all that give to what common sense reveals as good folks. We love them even more so. No, we do not overlook their choice of actions. There is a difference in discipline & abuse. We show these abusers the difference by offering them as living, working examples. We condemn their actions but not them, we strive to correct their actions by understanding what motivates them. Barring the kinder and gentler disciplinary we reserve the right to instill correction of their actions via a little roughing them up.

"Excuse us, we need to use the bathroom. ... Punch your wife in the gut, huh? *Thump* See how it feels? Good, don't like that do you? Remember it the next time you want to hit her."

If dogs can learn Pavlovian conditioning in three incidents, humans learn it in two & gee I'm fairly sure military training taught me that.

As to raising wages or not, I will only say predictions regarding automation seem to make it a moot point. Could expound upon that a good bit but it's rather trite flogging dead horses too. What will be, will be.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you have a business and employ people. You pay them what the economy believes the job is worth, and they stay working for you.

That's just it though, consumers, workers, business owners, human people are the economy. Capital is nothing without labor. But at present labor can likely be replaced by automation, even highly skilled labor. Wonder if you'll see a robotic surgeon to do heart surgery. They're already doing that in some areas around us. All that heart surgery is worth then is the cost of electricity. Which on average in WV is $0.06 per KwH, let me figure it takes 6 hours for the surgery.

There you go, human life worth only $0.36. I mean you know, the bot has a life in the balance. Kind of difficult to see how such a comparison is not evil based upon greed. "Look we can do hundreds of heart surgeries now for a fraction of what they once cost. Yippie! Lets go do hundreds and overcharge for the cost of the electricity. Poor dumb ass won't even be aware his human doctor stepped out for golf during his surgery."

And no I'm not trying to compare. When it is blatantly right there, common knowledge and in your face though, you do observe and form thoughts.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup.
It seems to me...the thing about raising minimum wages is, it's nothing but an illusion. You tell yourself "hey, I'm making $15 an hour! Last week I was making 9 an hour! I'm doing better!"

But that neglects the truth that companies around the country are not just going to take the hit in profit and do nothing, and say "shucks, we gotta pay our workers more"

No, the minimum wage goes up, and the cost of living creeps up. Milk costs more, food costs more, everything slowly creeps it's way up to accommodate the new wage and maintain companies' profit levels at what they were at pre-wage increase.

So...if you have to spend more money to survive, then it really isn't a wage increase, is it?

Just my thoughts.

It's a difficult situation because the truth is there's tons of people that deserve to be paid more for the work they do (me and EVERYONE I worked with at my old job except managers of course, were in this boat) but, raising the minimum wage doesn't really do this in my opinion..

I actually see and agree with you on that. I genuinely think it all, access to all ought to be free. But that's a different train of thought which derails everything it seems. People start becoming really weird thinking about that. Not sure we'd note much difference, ...* grin *

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors