JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Regular folks in the Fugee thread?

Depends on your point of view I suppose.
What the heck was up with the monks?

They were in Bumfuck, middle of nowhere Alaska to bless the lady who bought the restaurant next to my office. Apparently she thinks I needed a good blessing by ambush so no residual bad karma from my side of the building interferes with her success.

They were later appalled when the female contingent of devotees came over to read the charm thingamabobs - which was impossible for them because...I don't know the day of the week I was born on! (not date, day of the week) so no interpretation could be made. So I may have doomed them anyway :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They were in Bumfuck, middle of nowhere Alaska to bless the lady who bought the restaurant next to my office. Apparently she thinks I needed a good blessing by ambush so no residual bad karma from my side of the building interferes with her success.

They were later appalled when the female contingent of devotees came over to read the charm thingamabobs - which was impossible for them because...I don't know the day of the week I was born on! (not date, day of the week) so no interpretation could be made. So I may have doomed them anyway :(
Juice...Sounds you had a interesting day dare in AK.....:bliss:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You can look that up on the internet, you know. It's called a perpetual calendar. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was annoyed, had a lot of work to do and didn't feel like stopping everything else yet again just to find that out :wait:

I'm always annoyed when other people try to foist their religion on me. I probably wouldn't have been nearly as polite as you probably were. ;) Got no time for anyone's personal mythology.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm always annoyed when other people try to foist their religion on me. I probably wouldn't have been nearly as polite as you probably were. ;) Got no time for anyone's personal mythology.

Andria

Yeah, Buddha, Jehova or Nibui-whitchamacallit - doesn't matter.

The the bus driver for the monks (tiny old Thai man who identified himself as a former Buddist monk who is now a Christian, didn't ask which brand) told me they were sent by the king of Siam to prosethelize in Alaska. Then him and the Thai lady's husband (Big cracker-looking white dude) started johnning Muslims

It was nutty. I took a couple of photos before making my escape but haven't had time to download them since making my escape.

Now that I'm home I just wanna vape and mess around with my vape shit :vapemail:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The the bus driver for the monks (tiny old Thai man who identified himself as a former Buddist monk who is now a Christian, didn't ask which brand) told me they were sent by the king of Siam to prosethelize in Alaska. Then him and the Thai lady's husband (Big cracker-looking white dude) started johnning Muslims

It was nutty. I took a couple of photos before making my escape but haven't had time to download them since making my escape.

Now that I'm home I just wanna vape and mess around with my vape shit :vapemail:

We were in some supermarket a couple yrs ago... 2 tight-assed looking guys, late teens or early 20s, were acting awfully weird, then walked right up to us and asked if we had accepted jesus christ as our personal savior. We just said, 'we're not christians,' and walked on. They fucking FOLLOWED US and kept yammering their nonsense. I finally turned around and said, really loud, "I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN, SO GO AWAY AND QUIT BOTHERING ME!" Man they took off like their asses were on fire!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We were in some supermarket a couple yrs ago... 2 tight-assed looking guys, late teens or early 20s, were acting awfully weird, then walked right up to us and asked if we had accepted jesus christ as our personal savior. We just said, 'we're not christians,' and walked on. They fucking FOLLOWED US and kept yammering their nonsense. I finally turned around and said, really loud, "I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN, SO GO AWAY AND QUIT BOTHERING ME!" Man they took off like their asses were on fire!

Andria

Lol. I became notorious around here a few years back when I asked two LDS missionaries how many wet towels they could hang on their dicks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I had some do me that way once. I said I did not go to church because of assholes like them.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

TImes like that ya gotta be able to say fuck it. Which is what I am doing tonight. Its midnight here in southern Louisiana and I just fired up the coals and have a rack of ribs grilling, so fuck it :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
TImes like that ya gotta be able to say fuck it. Which is what I am doing tonight. Its midnight here in southern Louisiana and I just fired up the coals and have a rack of ribs grilling, so fuck it :D

That is exactly what I'm doing! Well, not the ribs part.

Got that bf Goon humming like nobodies business though :cloud:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

A little past 1am here in jawja, and I just fired up the... I plead the fifth. :D And no, I don't drink. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just vapin at 16.5 watts, .6 stainless 26 ga coil in a Subtank Mini with bellcap.

I just got those latest driptips I ordered from DesertVapes, and one of them was like this:

thermalinsulated.jpg

It might let me boost the watts a little, without burning my lips! Even though they're kinda fat, the air channel is pretty narrow, just 4mm.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm almost tempted to do something I've never done : recoil and rewick all the attys in my current rotation at once.

Just might because I almost never actually "feel like" making coils and I detest wicking :zombie:

Stainless and cellulose is a nice combo.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol. I became notorious around here a few years back when I asked two LDS missionaries how many wet towels they could hang on their dicks

My mom is one of them witnesses and I can yell yall some stories on that. I never was. My mom got into it back in the mid 70's and my dad refused to let her preach to us kids.
She did make me proud once. I was at her house and a couple of them Mormon boys come down her driveway. They asked me about Jesus and I had them wait a minute while I got my mom. Then it became funny. They started discussing God with my mom and their fingers are flying thru their bibles. My mom is correcting them and quoting scripture and they cant believe she has this shit memorized. Me, Im sitting back drinking a cold beer enjoying the show. After 20 or 30 minutes of this these boys are asking my mom questions and she is preaching the word to them. They are looking up everything she tells them and are astonished that she know the bible like the back of her hand. Finally one of them asked her what religion she was and she told them she is a witness. Man, it was like a dog when they are caught chewing the couch. Tail instantly between the legs kinda shit. They respectfully told my mom they are not allowed to talk to people like her and made a beeline down that driveway. I was laughing so hard that my mom threatened to pour my beer out if I didnt behave. Damn I was proud of her that day.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My mom is one of them witnesses and I can yell yall some stories on that. I never was. My mom got into it back in the mid 70's and my dad refused to let her preach to us kids.
She did make me proud once. I was at her house and a couple of them Mormon boys come down her driveway. They asked me about Jesus and I had them wait a minute while I got my mom. Then it became funny. They started discussing God with my mom and their fingers are flying thru their bibles. My mom is correcting them and quoting scripture and they cant believe she has this shit memorized. Me, Im sitting back drinking a cold beer enjoying the show. After 20 or 30 minutes of this these boys are asking my mom questions and she is preaching the word to them. They are looking up everything she tells them and are astonished that she know the bible like the back of her hand. Finally one of them asked her what religion she was and she told them she is a witness. Man, it was like a dog when they are caught chewing the couch. Tail instantly between the legs kinda shit. They respectfully told my mom they are not allowed to talk to people like her and made a beeline down that driveway. I was laughing so hard that my mom threatened to pour my beer out if I didnt behave. Damn I was proud of her that day.

I find Witnesses a lot scarier than LDS when they are out soliciting converts.

LDS are more fun for me to mess with because I know a lot more about their religion than I'm supposed to so I know how to niggle them enough to make them run for the door.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm almost tempted to do something I've never done : recoil and rewick all the attys in my current rotation at once.

Just might because I almost never actually "feel like" making coils and I detest wicking :zombie:

Stainless and cellulose is a nice combo.

Last Saturday I was industrious enough to re-coil both my working Achilles (I don't use the third one, because that would require using the Achilles 2 base, which is airy and sucks). It was nice having 2 freshly coiled and wicked atties! Now one of them has already been dryburned and rewicked twice since then, so I'll probably start using the other one. :D

I did order some 13ga needles, the actual outer diameter was shown, 2.26mm, so I'm thinking I may be able to mod that Achilles 2 base to make the draw a bit tighter... IF my husband's dremel wheel can cut stainless; we don't actually know if it will or not. But I figure, if it won't, at least I'll have a half dozen needles that will make dealing with VG a little easier; right now my fattest is 14ga.

they're coming from HK, so won't be here till sometime in July.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find Witnesses a lot scarier than LDS when they are out soliciting converts.

LDS are more fun for me to mess with because I know a lot more about their religion than I'm supposed to so I know how to niggle them enough to make them run for the door.

The witnesses stay away from my door. Just once I had to go outside in boxers, flip flops with a cold beer and a lit cigs, then tell them I know all about them and who my mom was. Ever since then I havent seen a single one at my door :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The witnesses stay away from my door. Just once I had to go outside in boxers, flip flops with a cold beer and a lit cigs, then tell them I know all about them and who my mom was. Ever since then I havent seen a single one at my door :D

The landlord for my office space is a witness. He doesn't mess with me much except for leaving watchtowers and copies of Awake! for us on the first of every month :p

He used to have this size giant poster of an aborted fetus hung behind his desk at his business office but it disappeared a few years ago.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I was in the big city the other day I bought some mango juice and man, that is some kinda good. So I ordered some mango flavoring from bullcity and hope that order gets here soon! I need to clone this stuff because I am almost out of it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When I was in the big city the other day I bought some mango juice and man, that is some kinda good. So I ordered some mango flavoring from bullcity and hope that order gets here soon! I need to clone this stuff because I am almost out of it

You find what you think is a good recipe yet?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You find what you think is a good recipe yet?
I need to get the flavors so I can experiment but its pretty simple and shouldnt be hard to make a decent mango juice. A long time ago someone told me with fruit start at %15 and as a stand alone thats normally perfect.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you really believe a shelf stocker or buggy pusher should be able to support a family of four? If someone is seriously trying to support a family on a mindless skill less job like that then they seriously fucked their life up somewhere along the line or have absolutely no ambition at all. Those kind of jobs have always been for young people to get conditioned for real jobs, where they get use to getting up in time to show up in time, to work a schedule until they are actually able to pursue a real career. They was never ever intended to be a career position.

It is not that I think such jobs are meant as career positions. I disagree though in your assessment that a person may have fucked up, or they lack ambition. We both can admit that a system is in play to dull people down. We can further agree that the way life has been structured over the past 30 - 50 years there are areas where you're damn lucky to find even these entry level jobs open, even if you desire a career. Then, you have idiots telling you to move to better work. Well, it takes money to move on & there may or may not be any guarantee of an actual career where you move. This is called life barely at poverty level or slightly above.

Currently, I'm not sure I could even handle grocery stocking. Not because I'm not sure I could not stick with a schedule, do the work and simply be a fair employee. I possibly could do that. Although I would be up against a 17 - 20 year old that likely would be quicker at the work, well gee, they got the pep to go get it. Also it's all so new to them that accepting the mundane is a sacrifice of little consequence for them, the grind too. I could not so easily accept that as I would know, there is a dead end to the work & any monkey or machine can do it. There would be a sense of condemnation in accepting what may be seen as charity work. "You're fucking lucky to even have this job, we could get any monkey. You'll take what you get."

I tried going to shops after high school taught me welding at the vocational tech school. "You'll never go hungry being a welder", our instructor told us. So, at the shop the guy tells me, "no son, our shop only takes guys with thirty to forty years experience." I ask him how he expected me to get that if no shop hired new guys to be able to get the experience in the first place. "Your problem, not mine", he replied. The Burger King just wanted a pulse, an ability to move. You have to take what is on the market that doesn't bar access. There is indeed barriers in the way and not all have to do with a person's choices, drive, potential. You and I both are aware of that

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Took a mutation X once and built quad coils on it. Then I mixed up caps honey dew at %15 and %2 sweetener and vaped it at 200 watts. The flavor was so thick and rich it was like drinking honey dew juice and every hit on it made my mouth water.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Took a mutation X once and built quad coils on it. Then I mixed up caps honey dew at %15 and %2 sweetener and vaped it at 200 watts. The flavor was so thick and rich it was like drinking honey dew juice and every hit on it made my mouth water.

I'm evolving into a DL hitter all of a sudden.

I don't know how I feel about this yet :confused:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is not that I think such jobs are meant as career positions. I disagree though in your assessment that a person may have fucked up, or they lack ambition. We both can admit that a system is in play to dull people down. We can further agree that the way life has been structured over the past 30 - 50 years there are areas where you're damn lucky to find even these entry level jobs open, even if you desire a career. Then, you have idiots telling you to move to better work. Well, it takes money to move on & there may or may not be any guarantee of an actual career where you move. This is called life barely at poverty level or slightly above.

Currently, I'm not sure I could even handle grocery stocking. Not because I'm not sure I could not stick with a schedule, do the work and simply be a fair employee. I possibly could do that. Although I would be up against a 17 - 20 year old that likely would be quicker at the work, well gee, they got the pep to go get it. Also it's all so new to them that accepting the mundane is a sacrifice of little consequence for them, the grind too. I could not so easily accept that as I would know, there is a dead end to the work & any monkey or machine can do it. There would be a sense of condemnation in accepting what may be seen as charity work. "You're fucking lucky to even have this job, we could get any monkey. You'll take what you get."

I tried going to shops after high school taught me welding at the vocational tech school. "You'll never go hungry being a welder", our instructor told us. So, at the shop the guy tells me, "no son, our shop only takes guys with thirty to forty years experience." I ask him how he expected me to get that if no shop hired new guys to be able to get the experience in the first place. "Your problem, not mine", he replied. The Burger King just wanted a pulse, an ability to move. You have to take what is on the market that doesn't bar access. There is indeed barriers in the way and not all have to do with a person's choices, drive, potential. You and I both are aware of that

There are so many facets to this that it would take all night to address them all. To just hit on the high lights, why do you think there is hardly any jobs? Our current administration croons how unemployment is so low. What they refuse to tell you is that the job market has shrunk to levels that has not been seen since the 70's. To add insult to injury they turn a blind eye to those crossing the border illegally and then import a whole bunch more to compete against you and other Americans in the job market. To look at this properly you must look at all sides of this problem. You cant just say "bad corporation, you must give us more" because a simple thing is that if we didnt have millions upon millions of illegals here and millions more people being imported then the employers would be struggling to find people to work those jobs and would be offering more pay just to get and keep quality people. Our government has created this situation yet many want to penalize the businesses for it. That is the reason why what Trump says resounds so deeply with many Americans. They know the jobs are not there and the pay is not there because of inept leadership.

Remember not long ago our current administration was on their high horse about the Bush tax cuts, how they was evil and only benefited the rich? The CBO came out a while back and proclaimed those same Bush tax cuts was attributed with creating 10 million jobs and raising the average household mean income from 46K a year to 55K a year. This was supported by government data. Now the average mean household income of an American has fallen to around 50K a year. Last i heard 14 million jobs have left our shore and its all the rights fault according to the current administration.
With being a welder, I have known lots of welders. They make excellent money but they do have to travel a lot and spend lots of time away from home. If someone didnt want to travel long distances from home to ply their trade then they have only themselves to blame for not making it in the profession. I personally spend more time away from home than at home. I been traveling and staying away from home in order to work for close to 30 years and have no pity on anyone who didnt want to do what it takes to be successful. You have to sacrifice in order to succeed. It is what it is.

I have seen you proclaim yourself as a writer and you have a flair for it, a real talent as a wordsmith, so why you competing with kids to bag groceries?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm evolving into a DL hitter all of a sudden.

I don't know how I feel about this yet :confused:

I MTL smoked for 40 years. Then I MTL vaped for around the first 9 months that I vaped and then I tried a subtank mini and it had so much air I couldnt MTL it, only DL. Now even the subtank mini isnt enough air for me and I only DL.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I MTL smoked for 40 years. Then I MTL vaped for around the first 9 months that I vaped and then I tried a subtank mini and it had so much air I couldnt MTL it, only DL. Now even the subtank mini isnt enough air for me and I only DL.
How the ribs comin, doc?.....:)

Burnt ribs are tough to choke down.....:cheers:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:( Sorry Morely.

Bah. Shit happens. *chuckles* Yes, I can discern from those pesky little gotchas we all face, or the crap shoot of human folly that keeps grinding folks. And yes, I understand "well, we're all just human", too. Hopefully, I'm not sounding too far "oh poor me" in my discussion w/ Doc. I did try other routes in life. Had to. Wound up following family tradition and going to serve. Funny enough the congenital thing w/ me got me put out. Guess the military didn't want someone that needed life long steroid treatment. So then back to stocking groceries at the super market, flipping burgers at the BK, working big farms for 'bosses', working stock yard, being a junkyard gopher, working poultry plant with nearly every walk of life, lastly working at repairing wooden apple bins that ride on flatbed trailers and being the yard boss for apple processing. * chuckles * I even got my CNA at one point. Wound up just being the janitor in nursing facilities, yet needed the CNA nonetheless. * lol * Gotta loves our whacky wold.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Bah. Shit happens. *chuckles* Yes, I can discern from those pesky little gotchas we all face, or the crap shoot of human folly that keeps grinding folks. And yes, I understand "well, we're all just human", too. Hopefully, I'm not sounding too far "oh poor me" in my discussion w/ Doc. I did try other routes in life. Had to. Wound up following family tradition and going to serve. Funny enough the congenital thing w/ me got me put out. Guess the military didn't want someone that needed life long steroid treatment. So then back to stocking groceries at the super market, flipping burgers at the BK, working big farms for 'bosses', working stock yard, being a junkyard gopher, working poultry plant with nearly every walk of life, lastly working at repairing wooden apple bins that ride on flatbed trailers and being the yard boss for apple processing. * chuckles * I even got my CNA at one point. Wound up just being the janitor in nursing facilities, yet needed the CNA nonetheless. * lol * Gotta loves our whacky wold.

Hey, all work is honorable in my book, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors