Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With being a welder, I have known lots of welders. They make excellent money but they do have to travel a lot and spend lots of time away from home. If someone didnt want to travel long distances from home to ply their trade then they have only themselves to blame for not making it in the profession. I personally spend more time away from home than at home. I been traveling and staying away from home in order to work for close to 30 years and have no pity on anyone who didnt want to do what it takes to be successful. You have to sacrifice in order to succeed. It is what it is.

I have seen you proclaim yourself as a writer and you have a flair for it, a real talent as a wordsmith, so why you competing with kids to bag groceries?

I have no doubt regarding the government influence on everything. Have looked at a bunch of it and seen that exactly.

I would have traveled if required to weld. What I found though was a closed shop in that field here. And yes, I did go round to nearly everywhere that hung out welders wanted signs. It was not that I was not looking, or not attempting to ply the craft. What it was was seeing a locked up closed shop mentality overall & not seeing anywhere else with any better opportunities.

Well the writing for me is alright to a point. Then, I run down and out of steam. There's a difference in forging an idea than in forging a blade from cold roll steel. And that difference in the process of the work gets confusing, gets to be difficult to face. You need to define a different world. Orson Scott Card once explained that if your fictional world had apple pies, you had to explore how apples came to exist in that world. You need the logic being flawless right down to the first imaginings of the fictional universe to create an apple seed.

Granted I take your point too. There are other ways to use writing to put bread on a table. My mind gets lost though and for that I have no valid excuse. Nor do I intend to present one. It all goes to a point that, I get lost in what I'm doing, or get sidetracked with other aspects of life & focus goes awry. Yep, I lack the discipline in short order. And as a keen hillbilly saying goes, "can't get there from here". I do need to do better with it and know it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, all work is honorable in my book, period.

I wasn't knocking any of it really. Merely saying that it was kind of funny I needed the cna to do janitorial work. I did do some cna stuff while at the position. The crux for me though was janitorial. Helped do meds by wrangling folks to the med station. Helped a few on or off the potty, made beds, helped with laundry, helped cook meals.

Got laundry today here too. I don't mind any work really and don't see any dishonorable. I have difficulty focusing to write, as is obvious. * chuckles * I will be working on that. I do enjoy telling stories, writing. Found some sites what cater to folklore yesterday evening. These offer me inspiration and suggest ideas. They also show how things are done better. Folk lore & fairy tales the boon of storytellers. :)

Getting some coffee, going to try getting the spark back to write a little before I need to be a' fixin' to do laundry. :)

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no doubt regarding the government influence on everything. Have looked at a bunch of it and seen that exactly.

I would have traveled if required to weld. What I found though was a closed shop in that field here. And yes, I did go round to nearly everywhere that hung out welders wanted signs. It was not that I was not looking, or not attempting to ply the craft. What it was was seeing a locked up closed shop mentality overall & not seeing anywhere else with any better opportunities.

Well the writing for me is alright to a point. Then, I run down and out of steam. There's a difference in forging an idea than in forging a blade from cold roll steel. And that difference in the process of the work gets confusing, gets to be difficult to face. You need to define a different world. Orson Scott Card once explained that if your fictional world had apple pies, you had to explore how apples came to exist in that world. You need the logic being flawless right down to the first imaginings of the fictional universe to create an apple seed.

Granted I take your point too. There are other ways to use writing to put bread on a table. My mind gets lost though and for that I have no valid excuse. Nor do I intend to present one. It all goes to a point that, I get lost in what I'm doing, or get sidetracked with other aspects of life & focus goes awry. Yep, I lack the discipline in short order. And as a keen hillbilly saying goes, "can't get there from here". I do need to do better with it and know it.
I wasn't knocking any of it really. Merely saying that it was kind of funny I needed the cna to do janitorial work. I did do some cna stuff while at the position. The crux for me though was janitorial. Helped do meds by wrangling folks to the med station. Helped a few on or off the potty, made beds, helped with laundry, helped cook meals.

Got laundry today here too. I don't mind any work really and don't see any dishonorable. I have difficulty focusing to write, as is obvious. * chuckles * I will be working on that. I do enjoy telling stories, writing. Found some sites what cater to folklore yesterday evening. These offer me inspiration and suggest ideas. They also show how things are done better. Folk lore & fairy tales the boon of storytellers. :)

Getting some coffee, going to try getting the spark back to write a little before I need to be a' fixin' to do laundry. :)
Hey, all work is honorable in my book, period.

Lucy nailed it. All work is honorable. If a person is working, then they are trying. Yet all work is not designed to support a family and all jobs are not a career.

I do encourage you to discipline yourself Morely and get back into your writing. Its a shame to let your talent sit idly.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY yall.

First cup of coffee being consumed, sun is shinning outside and I am thinking I been sitting on my ass worrying about this health and work crap enough. Time to get some grass cut today :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do encourage you to discipline yourself Morely and get back into your writing. Its a shame to let your talent sit idly.

There's a huge difference, I've found, in being able to write, and being able to tell a story. I can write my ass off.... but tell a story? Seems quite beyond me. :mad:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There's a huge difference, I've found, in being able to write, and being able to tell a story. I can write my ass off.... but tell a story? Seems quite beyond me. :mad:

Andria

I wish I could write and weave a good tale on paper but that talent has always eluded me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish I could write and weave a good tale on paper but that talent has always eluded me.

I used to read a lot of essays and how-tos on the subject of writing, and came across this quote: "who would write... who could do ANYTHING ELSE?" and that's kinda how I feel about it, TBH; I can do it, but it's painful... so I learned HTML/CSS and started creating website designs. Now I haven't even done any of that for about 2 yrs; been way too busy quitting smoking to get much of anything else done. :D I was like that at first with the sobriety too; apparently it's a common phenomenon; someone at an AA meeting once told me I was "sobering my ass off." :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, The Dark side of vaping wins over most of us.
You are actually in the majority of vapers. Just not as much on vaping boards.
We tend to be a bit more radical on here.

I just can't find "huffing" to be any kind of substitute for smoking. They're just different. All the other times I tried to quit, it was the suction of my lips on the cigarette that I really, really missed; tried empty straws, but there's no resistance in the draw, so that was unsatisfying, and DtL vaping is the same kind of unsatisfying. Can't go around sucking on milk shakes all the time, I'll weigh 400 lbs inside a month, and I don't really like milk shakes or ice cream that much.

Andria

vape-addict

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I tried to Mtl thing that's the way I smoked but I dunno seems to me vapor is not as dense as smoke and I didn't feel like I was pulling it in my lungs.I have to pull something in my lungs to be satisfied

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried to Mtl thing that's the way I smoked but I dunno seems to me vapor is not as dense as smoke and I didn't feel like I was pulling it in my lungs.I have to pull something in my lungs to be satisfied
I'm the same with high Vg juice. There is no throat hit, to feel it at all you have to hit it like a shop vac. When I go back to my 66/33 pg/vg 16mg/mL ADV MTL is perfect.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm the same with high Vg juice. There is no throat hit, to feel it at all you have to hit it like a shop vac. When I go back to my 66/33 pg/vg 16mg/mL ADV MTL is perfect.

I saw a guy hitting a mod like that once, when I walked in the local vape shop. He appeared to be trying to suck the 510 screw thru the atty.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope. Had to venture out today though. Cat Fud, groceries and got my hairs cut.

I've finally got to bite the bullet. I've been lazy, I've been a sloth, and put it off. But today, unfortunately, I have to get my hair cut also. It's getting out of control.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah same here. Wife asked me I was going back to hippy days since I was retired.
Every time I go in to the barber they look on the computer and act all shocked "it's been 45 weeks since you've been in!"

What I say "I've been busy"

What I think "I hate getting my hair cut and you cutting it"

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah but not as cool. Like the dude I saw the other day wearing a boggin in 90 degrees....
Brain already fried I think.
Saw a kid yesterday in all black with a faux leather trench and wool ivy cap. I thought about asking about the outfit but then realized that this cat might be a bit off balance.

Last thing I need between me and my ice cream samichis is a pissed off batman wannabe with heatstroke.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saw a kid yesterday in all black with a faux leather trench and wool ivy cap. I thought about asking about the outfit but then realized that this cat might be a bit off balance.

Last thing I need between me and my ice cream samichis is a pissed off batman wannabe with heatstroke.

That's right up there with the northern transplants down here who break out the shorts and tank tops when it's 40 degrees. :D

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I saw someone very similar yesterday too. Maybe he travels around kentucky burning up...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All 'work' is honorable?
How about the 'work' the guy in charge of the FDA does?
Some slimy lawyers?
Most Politicians?

The head of the FDA isnt working, he is lining his pockets with BT kickbacks while fucking over Americans. Thats not work.

Most politicians dont work either, they get elected but have a lot of others do the actual work of getting them elected. Then they sit back and sell their vote to the highest bidder. Thats not work.

Slimey lawyers, yeah that could be considered work, until they become politicians.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just can't find "huffing" to be any kind of substitute for smoking. They're just different. All the other times I tried to quit, it was the suction of my lips on the cigarette that I really, really missed; tried empty straws, but there's no resistance in the draw, so that was unsatisfying, and DtL vaping is the same kind of unsatisfying. Can't go around sucking on milk shakes all the time, I'll weigh 400 lbs inside a month, and I don't really like milk shakes or ice cream that much.

Andria
I always wondered why you liked a super tight draw on your vapes. This makes total sense now.

Out of curiosity, are you ever going to allow yourself a more airish draw to break that part of the smoking addiction?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
An excellent reason to vape at <20w!

Andria
Yet higher wattage unlocks flavor. When I was vaping Ego's and protanks or CE5's I was mixing %25 to %30 flavor. Tried that in a kayfun and it was flavor overload. The higher the wattage I vaped the less flavor I needed in my vapes. Same thing with nic. Many people who start using a dripper at higher watts cant handle the same nic level as they do in their tootle puffer gear.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always wondered why you liked a super tight draw on your vapes. This makes total sense now.

Out of curiosity, are you ever going to allow yourself a more airish draw to break that part of the smoking addiction?

Well, it's already a little more airish than cigarettes. Even with the mods I did to the Magmas, they're still rather more open than the Achilles. As for breaking that part of the addiction.... I think it's a HUGE assumption to imagine that it COULD be broken. "Sucking" is the earliest urge that all creatures have -- if a baby doesn't have that instinct, he generally goes into 'failure to thrive" syndrome, and very often dies. People have often likened cigarettes to "adult pacifiers", and I think that's right on target -- smoking satisfies a primal urge, and that urge is NOT for nicotine and the rest of the chemical cocktail, but simply for the act itself. I discovered the truth of this when I tried quitting before, with the patch... I *craved* that sensation, to suck something into my mouth. I am assuredly NOT describing anything of a sexual nature, simply a desire for comfort, for stress relief -- as pacifiers are for babies.

In my own case, direct to lung inhales are completely anathema to asthma. That other stuff which we aren't allowed to mention here, is usually smoked that way, but I had to stop doing it that way a few years before I discovered vaping, using instead the normal MtL type of inhale; my lungs simply can't handle anything more. When I've tried various attys that had too open a draw for me, I accidentally used a DtL inhale, just to get ANYTHING from them, and it nearly killed me.

So no, I'm pretty much certain that I will continue vaping just as I do now. It's what I like, and I see no need and no reason to change it.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

For me it's been a natural progression - but I do blame the Boreas atty.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, it's already a little more airish than cigarettes. Even with the mods I did to the Magmas, they're still rather more open than the Achilles. As for breaking that part of the addiction.... I think it's a HUGE assumption to imagine that it COULD be broken. "Sucking" is the earliest urge that all creatures have -- if a baby doesn't have that instinct, he generally goes into 'failure to thrive" syndrome, and very often dies. People have often likened cigarettes to "adult pacifiers", and I think that's right on target -- smoking satisfies a primal urge, and that urge is NOT for nicotine and the rest of the chemical cocktail, but simply for the act itself. I discovered the truth of this when I tried quitting before, with the patch... I *craved* that sensation, to suck something into my mouth. I am assuredly NOT describing anything of a sexual nature, simply a desire for comfort, for stress relief -- as pacifiers are for babies.

In my own case, direct to lung inhales are completely anathema to asthma. That other stuff which we aren't allowed to mention here, is usually smoked that way, but I had to stop doing it that way a few years before I discovered vaping, using instead the normal MtL type of inhale; my lungs simply can't handle anything more. When I've tried various attys that had too open a draw for me, I accidentally used a DtL inhale, just to get ANYTHING from them, and it nearly killed me.

So no, I'm pretty much certain that I will continue vaping just as I do now. It's what I like, and I see no need and no reason to change it.

Andria

There is nothing at all wrong with the way you vape now. It got you off the stinkies and thats all that mattered. I was just being curious :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For me it's been a natural progression - but I do blame the Boreas atty.

Same for me. I had no intention or desire to become a lung hitter, it just happened. Now I really cant MTL, it just dont satisfy for me anymore.

I been curious a few times that if I smoked a cig would I lung hit now or MLT like I use to, but I really dont have any desire to find out :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yet higher wattage unlocks flavor. When I was vaping Ego's and protanks or CE5's I was mixing %25 to %30 flavor. Tried that in a kayfun and it was flavor overload. The higher the wattage I vaped the less flavor I needed in my vapes. Same thing with nic. Many people who start using a dripper at higher watts cant handle the same nic level as they do in their tootle puffer gear.

I vape my Strawberry & cream, which is ~30% flavoring, from RDAs only -- RDAs are the only thing I can taste ANYTHING from anymore. I'm currently trying to scale the flavoring down just a little, but I have to do it slowly, or I just don't like it. The only reason I'm trying to do that is that recently, now and then it just seems "icky", and I think maybe my tastebuds are finally starting to come back to life a little... but slowly.

When I started using a kayfun, my only perception was relief that I could finally taste my vape, and get enough TH! Yet now, I can't taste anything at all from a kayfun, nor any other tank atty.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors