Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
After watching numerous reviews and gigabits of mental computations I have decided that I have no desire to buy Stumpy goon trolls then I am good.
Still on the fence about a Merlin though...

Me too. Might need more to last the rest of my life :(11 merlins .jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know. Even when I barrel raced horses I was the ONLY person with ZZ Top blaring on my truck radio at the arena. lol

Not one thing wrong with the 3 beards, FOR SURE. But no point limiting yourself. I don't like ALL country, but some of it is just good music. I had to start listening to some country when they started including rap and hiphop shit in rock n roll, just in self-defense, and some of it is just great -- Little Big Town, The Band Perry, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, and for traditionalists, good ol Alan Jackson. It's truly American music, and is a great art form. that fact takes nothing away from rock n roll, which I will love till I'm rolling around in my wheelchair at the ol folks home hollering TURN IT UP! when Stairway to Heaven comes over the muzak. :D And nevermind what us ol folks are vaping. :D

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Domino's Pizza. :) Would have replied sooner, got busy with a few things here. :)

Ahhh... My wife worked at Domino's Farms (their HQ) when they first built that beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright building, as an interior designer, to design all the interior spaces for Corporate and the lessee's. Free pizza every day if you wanted it, always "experimental", had to provide feedback. I don't think she could look at another Domino's Pizza. Michigan must be Pizza Heaven or something. We're home to Tom Monaghan of Domino's, AND Mike Illitch of Little Caesers.

Now that I think about it, Domino's was my first client for my Cad Cam business. The Mrs. (just my GF then) and her team needed high end cad systems for design, and so Domino's hired me to put their system together for them. Wow, that's a blast from the past. Woulda been 1991. I got no free pizza.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Barnes & Noble is having a 30% off sale on most stuff, with a $150 order (before discount). Today is last day, code BNJUNE30. The Mrs. was behind me getting Hank Sr.'s Greatest Hits, her Daddy listened to him too, and she likes it. Got some Nirvana, Neil Young, Sade and Santana too. I know what I'll be doing NEXT Saturday too.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oooooh oooooh lookee!!!!!!!! I'm about to have saved $4,000.00 by not buying cigarettes!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

That is AWESOME, Andria!! GOOD JOB!
I used to have one of those calculators over there. Between the Mrs. & I, we smoked 3 packs of Nat Shermans Hint of Mint a day. Those are pricey, and at the stores they were usually stale because they didn't sell fast. So I used to order them by the case and put them in the deep freeze. The $ number got to the point of unbelievable, so I deep sixed the calculator. Been four years now, and they were about $7/pack. My windows calculator says $30,660.... lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is fandamntastic. Still almost a month until I hit 2 yrs smoke-free, and I hit $4,000 not spent on cigarettes. No damn wonder we always stayed so damn broke, buying those stupid asshole things!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is AWESOME, Andria!! GOOD JOB!
I used to have one of those calculators over there. Between the Mrs. & I, we smoked 3 packs of Nat Shermans Hint of Mint a day. Those are pricey, and at the stores they were usually stale because they didn't sell fast. So I used to order them by the case and put them in the deep freeze. The $ number got to the point of unbelievable, so I deep sixed the calculator. Been four years now, and they were about $7/pack. My windows calculator says $30,660.... lol.

Smokes here are pretty cheap compared to a lot of other places, but still... they were $5.69/pk at Walgreens when I last bought them, in July '14. They're probably at least $6/pk by now, and probably more. Wouldn't know, I haven't even been IN a Walgreens in probably over a year. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not one thing wrong with the 3 beards, FOR SURE. But no point limiting yourself. I don't like ALL country, but some of it is just good music. I had to start listening to some country when they started including rap and hiphop shit in rock n roll, just in self-defense, and some of it is just great -- Little Big Town, The Band Perry, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, and for traditionalists, good ol Alan Jackson. It's truly American music, and is a great art form. that fact takes nothing away from rock n roll, which I will love till I'm rolling around in my wheelchair at the ol folks home hollering TURN IT UP! when Stairway to Heaven comes over the muzak. :D And nevermind what us ol folks are vaping. :D

Andria
Country music pisses me off almost as bad as rap. Donno why but when its on the radio, I am agitated and generally pissed off at the world.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Country music pisses me off almost as bad as rap. Donno why but when its on the radio, I am agitated and generally pissed off at the world.

It's definitely an acquired taste; I used to loathe and despise it, just viscerally detest it. But with my loving husband, good therapy, Effexor, and a lot of introspection, I realized that a lot of my hate and anger was actually aimed at my stepfather, who I loathed and detested when I was a child -- and he loved country music, the crap I cannot stand even for one second -- Conway Twitty and shit like that. I still can't listen to country music of the 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s, with just a very few exceptions: Glen Campbell, Willy Nelson -- I still don't like Waylon, much to my husband's chagrin, and I'm not really WILD about George Strait, though it doesn't trigger that hateful emotional response, and some of his, I like. But country music starting in the 90s sometime, I begin to like, and once we arrive at the 2000s, I was listening with a great deal more enjoyment; some of it, because it sounds like the country-rock/southern rock of the 70s, and some of it because it just appeals to me -- Alan Jackson and Joe Nichols are very traditional country, but they're just great. Dwight Yoakum is rockabilly... well, so was Buddy Holly! :D

I'm also a HUGE Tom Petty fan, and it's really not that far from Tom Petty to a great deal of the modern country music.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh before going to bed last night i ended up buying more devices [ another rx200 ] and more addys, mutation x v5 X2] prices were good and one never knows whats going to happen in the near future.
Went on another buying tizzy myself....another Hcigar VT133 DNA, and Hohm Wrecker G2.....:cry:....need to start going to bed earlier, and hid the CC cards.....:facepalm:

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm only on day shift for the summer then back to nights in September.the good thing I get home by 3pm and I'm heading to California in a few weeks so it will help with the time adjustment I'm on the east coast.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It gets me irritated too. Especially when I eat at Texas Roadhouse (where they sell good, but inexpensive steaks) and they have it blaring loud. Last time, this song was on where the singer kept repeating the SAME words over and over and over. I had to get up and go outside for a couple of minutes.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1 inch tunnels. I've had them since I was 15 and now I'm 33 and I doubt I'll ever get the surgery to have the hole closed up.

sent from my droid turbo 2
Yea, I'd leave um too. My niece and her husband own a tattoo and piercing shop so I've seen a lot in my day. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's definitely an acquired taste; I used to loathe and despise it, just viscerally detest it. But with my loving husband, good therapy, Effexor, and a lot of introspection, I realized that a lot of my hate and anger was actually aimed at my stepfather, who I loathed and detested when I was a child -- and he loved country music, the crap I cannot stand even for one second -- Conway Twitty and shit like that. I still can't listen to country music of the 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s, with just a very few exceptions: Glen Campbell, Willy Nelson -- I still don't like Waylon, much to my husband's chagrin, and I'm not really WILD about George Strait, though it doesn't trigger that hateful emotional response, and some of his, I like. But country music starting in the 90s sometime, I begin to like, and once we arrive at the 2000s, I was listening with a great deal more enjoyment; some of it, because it sounds like the country-rock/southern rock of the 70s, and some of it because it just appeals to me -- Alan Jackson and Joe Nichols are very traditional country, but they're just great. Dwight Yoakum is rockabilly... well, so was Buddy Holly! :D

I'm also a HUGE Tom Petty fan, and it's really not that far from Tom Petty to a great deal of the modern country music.

Andria

Country music is a taste I have no intentions of acquiring. There are a few songs that are cool. Reba's song Fancy, Tim McGraw's dont take the girl, Anything Gretchen Wilson. Yet when I hear singers like Garth Brooks, Alen jackson etc, I am ready to start fighting within about two songs.

My Ex is a huge country fan. A few times we would be riding somewhere and the radio would land on Country and stay there. I got to the point I kept a megadeath CD in the car and when she did that to me I would slip that CD into the radio as we was getting out of the car at our destination. Then on the ride home she had to listen to it because hey, i had to listen to country on the way there. Iron Maiden and old classic Sabbath worked well in those situations too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors