chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY

gfy-630x303.png

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda freaks me out too....can't handle it....:rolleyes:

Country music is a taste I have no intentions of acquiring. There are a few songs that are cool. Reba's song Fancy, Tim McGraw's dont take the girl, Anything Gretchen Wilson. Yet when I hear singers like Garth Brooks, Alen jackson etc, I am ready to start fighting within about two songs.

My Ex is a huge country fan. A few times we would be riding somewhere and the radio would land on Country and stay there. I got to the point I kept a megadeath CD in the car and when she did that to me I would slip that CD into the radio as we was getting out of the car at our destination. Then on the ride home she had to listen to it because hey, i had to listen to country on the way there. Iron Maiden and old classic Sabbath worked well in those situations too. :D

Funny how that works! I too get a bad attitude when I have to listen to it. My Biz Partner and I sometimes have to drive when there are not enough commercial licenses for the number of vehicles. If we are only one short, we take turns. I like driving, he hates it. The rule is the driver runs the radio. He listens to that garbage music when he gets tired of driving. It works every time...

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is a big resounding NO!
Too alien for your alien sensibilities? :D

That's a shame though, there's some great music out there if you look past the mainstream "bitches 'n' money" type crap.

I've learned to appreciate most kinds of music, except country. That's a bridge too far for me, despite my upbringing...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go me. :)

1,500 words down. Found Lester Dent's Pulp Fiction Master Plot. It is more of an outline than an actual plot. It breaks 6,000 word short stories into 4 sections of 1,500 words. Also located some old pulp comic stories by someone else. He too used a similar formula for writing stories. Got a flash of inspiration in the wording of one his stories, went from there. :)

Today, I got the set up and call to action portion done. Tomorrow, I start finding out what my hero is made from, I will toss more trouble on him. Wednesday I put his ass in the deep shit. Thursday, he'll get it all figured out and troubles solved. Friday, I'll have a story to submit to markets.

I may eventually get quicker at this process. For now, I feel alright as it exists. I may do two of four sections some times. Right now, I am and I'm not in a rush. Need to get the tracks lain before letting the express train roll on. I will get there. :)

Side note: Lester Dent was the true name of the man who wrote the Doc Savage character into existing. Doc Savage was used somewhat as the model for Superman. :)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Go me. :)

1,500 words down. Found Lester Dent's Pulp Fiction Master Plot. It is more of an outline than an actual plot. It breaks 6,000 word short stories into 4 sections of 1,500 words. Also located some old pulp comic stories by someone else. He too used a similar formula for writing stories. Got a flash of inspiration in the wording of one his stories, went from there. :)

Today, I got the set up and call to action portion done. Tomorrow, I start finding out what my hero is made from, I will toss more trouble on him. Wednesday I put his ass in the deep shit. Thursday, he'll get it all figured out and troubles solved. Friday, I'll have a story to submit to markets.

I may eventually get quicker at this process. For now, I feel alright as it exists. I may do two of four sections some times. Right now, I am and I'm not in a rush. Need to get the tracks lain before letting the express train roll on. I will get there. :)

Side note: Lester Dent was the true name of the man who wrote the Doc Savage character into existing. Doc Savage was used somewhat as the model for Superman. :)
But will there be zombies?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Country music is a taste I have no intentions of acquiring. There are a few songs that are cool. Reba's song Fancy, Tim McGraw's dont take the girl, Anything Gretchen Wilson. Yet when I hear singers like Garth Brooks, Alen jackson etc, I am ready to start fighting within about two songs.

My Ex is a huge country fan. A few times we would be riding somewhere and the radio would land on Country and stay there. I got to the point I kept a megadeath CD in the car and when she did that to me I would slip that CD into the radio as we was getting out of the car at our destination. Then on the ride home she had to listen to it because hey, i had to listen to country on the way there. Iron Maiden and old classic Sabbath worked well in those situations too. :D

I'm not too wild about Garth either, but the old man LERRRRRRRRVES him some Garth, so I mostly put up with it. *sigh* However, he has decided that he absolutely HATES! one of my favorite AC/DC songs, the one I jokingly call the "jewish aussie song" where they're going "oy - oy - oy - oy" over and over, I think it's actually "TNT". So I'm thinking that the next time he turns that one off, I ask him to consider if he would like me to turn off the next Garth Brooks song that comes on. :D If he insists on turning it off, I guess I won't have to endure Garth anymore either. ;)

It's funny because the few songs you say you can tolerate... I absolutely can't. Especially that Reba shit, a mama making her girl go out whoring, yeah that's some good raising. :facepalm: Tim, I can take or leave that particular song, though I like some of his. Love Gretchen though! That girl's got some PIPES!

But Alan Jackson.... it took me a while to warm up to him, because he IS "traditional" country. I finally figured out, I don't mind "traditional" country, if it actually SOUNDS like "traditional country" -- fiddles, not violins. That over-produced orchestral shit they did in the 70's, *puke*, I hate that shit to my marrow. But no Loretta, no Conway Twitty and his stupid pompadour; no Travis Tritt and his whiney thin voice, no Tracy Lawrence PERIOD. And I came to hate Sugarland, thx to Jennifer Nettles' asinine accent when she sings, though she sounds like a perfectly normal Atlantan when she talks.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes! Zombie politicians.

That'd never happen. If zombies attacked DC looking for brains, they'd starve to death. Zombie problem solved, though we'd still have to figure out what to do about those brainless politicians. ;)

And hey g'mornin' gang, well it is to ME anyway. I love Mondays, sleeping till the crack o'noon as a housewife oughta. :D And GFYs merrily errybody.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That'd never happen. If zombies attacked DC looking for brains, they'd starve to death. Zombie problem solved, though we'd still have to figure out what to do about those brainless politicians. ;)

And hey g'mornin' gang, well it is to ME anyway. I love Mondays, sleeping till the crack o'noon as a housewife oughta. :D And GFYs merrily errybody.

Andria
I think the point was the politicians have no brains, thus they ARE the zombies.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have no Idea why the attraction to Zombies and Vappires.
Guess I am just Abbie Normal.
I've read some pretty good zombie books. Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly high brow educational reading, but entertaining nonetheless. It's clear some of them are written by hardcore gun-nuts writing a fantasy about being able to use their gun stockpile...
But regardless, there do exist some intelligently written zombie novels, for the days when you want to just read something that isn't too deep

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've read some pretty good zombie books. Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly high brow educational reading, but entertaining nonetheless. It's clear some of them are written by hardcore gun-nuts writing a fantasy about being able to use their gun stockpile...
But regardless, there do exist some intelligently written zombie novels, for the days when you want to just read something that isn't too deep

That's why I like scary monster movies. I don't want to think too hard. I do enough of that at work!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's why I like scary monster movies. I don't want to think too hard. I do enough of that at work!
I drive quite a bit. So I really enjoy putting on an audiobook while I drive (or while I work), it makes the time pass much quicker and allows me to actually use my brain a little when I would normally be on autopilot. I like to alternate between a nonfiction audiobook (something like the guns of August by Barbara Tuchman- great book if a little dense) and then something like a zombie book that is just for entertainment. I've gone through probably 150 books like this. Once you get past the initial awkwardness of listening to someone read a book, it becomes a great way to read while doing something else at the same time

Edit... just make sure to avoid the trashy audiobooks where the narrator tries to make different voices, and they have sound effects added in... they're TERRIBLE haha. Like the equivalent of a campy b movie

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drive quite a bit. So I really enjoy putting on an audiobook while I drive (or while I work), it makes the time pass much quicker and allows me to actually use my brain a little when I would normally be on autopilot. I like to alternate between a nonfiction audiobook (something like the guns of August by Barbara Tuchman- great book if a little dense) and then something like a zombie book that is just for entertainment. I've gone through probably 150 books like this. Once you get past the initial awkwardness of listening to someone read a book, it becomes a great way to read while doing something else at the same time

Edit... just make sure to avoid the trashy audiobooks where the narrator tries to make different voices, and they have sound effects added in... they're TERRIBLE haha. Like the equivalent of a campy b movie

The Mrs. is an avid fan of Jim Dale, after doing the entire Harry Potter audiobook series. She seeks out his audiobooks, just because she loves him as a narrator. Yeah, she likes to listen while doing really mundane things like sewing or housework. Gotta admit, he's darn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors