Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I fucking hate, loathe, despise, and detest Frank Zappa.

Here's some real music...

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like there is one, yes, but it's in Marietta, quite a long way from us -- that's about as far NW of Atlanta, as we are NE. The reviews that are showing on Google aren't very good. And the reviews on Yelp are fucking HORRIBLE. No, we won't be using a company as unprofessional as that.

Andria
The trick is to install them yourself, or hire someone you know...it's not the windows, it's the installers.....think Home Depot subcontractors, usually the bottom of the barrel. They can't get work on their own, so they sub from the big box stores.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
v2.jpeg

That's where Dave wandered off!

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The trick is to install them yourself, or hire someone you know...it's not the windows, it's the installers.....think Home Depot subcontractors, usually the bottom of the barrel. They can't get work on their own, so they sub from the big box stores.

No, it needs to be done professionally. I'm not about to let my husband, all 5'5" and 130 lbs of him, do a job that large, no fucking way. We're also thinking that we need to replace the siding; we bought it with that cheap ass "masonite" siding, and the only thing that's better than, is vinyl, but we'd like some REAL siding, and that would also be an excellent time to increase the insulation. It needs to be an actual contractor, to do the siding, the windows, and the gutters, all at once. That's why we'd need a home equity line of credit, because a job that big won't be cheap, nor should it be, if done properly.

Andria

ETA: we'd also NEVER hire "someone we know" to do anything to our home -- it must be a licensed and bonded professional, so we don't get screwed.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, it needs to be done professionally. I'm not about to let my husband, all 5'5" and 130 lbs of him, do a job that large, no fucking way. We're also thinking that we need to replace the siding; we bought it with that cheap ass "masonite" siding, and the only thing that's better than, is vinyl, but we'd like some REAL siding, and that would also be an excellent time to increase the insulation. It needs to be an actual contractor, to do the siding, the windows, and the gutters, all at once. That's why we'd need a home equity line of credit, because a job that big won't be cheap, nor should it be, if done properly.

Andria
Yes, I know that a contractor should install windows, or anything else for that matter. I meant someone YOU know, who won't rip you off. If you don't know any contractors ask friends-relatives for referrals.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I know that a contractor should install windows, or anything else for that matter. I meant someone YOU know, who won't rip you off. If you don't know any contractors ask friends-relatives for referrals.

Don't know any. We'll probably go thru either Angie's List, or a local thing similar to that which is free, trustdale.com.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whadda GREAT DAY it was today!! My penpal/Internet Spades playing friend from Switzerland is my house guest for a week. She loves coffee, but never roasted her own beans, so we did THAT this morning. Then we went to the boat, and enjoyed a lovely day on the lake. When she got tired, she napped on the boat under the canopy, while I punished the jet ski.

The Mrs. made Rack of Lamb, and my friend is VERY in to wine. I opened a 2000 Pichon Baron Longueville for her, which was fantuckingfastic. Then I opened one of a case of '98 Gazin Pomerol. It was near brown, stewed, but the cork was perfect. Opened another, and it was exactly the same. At some point in the delivery chain, the whole case got cooked in a hot truck or something. FUCKING WINE CRIME, BITCHES!! MUCH great wine ships without being in a reefer, and suffers this fate, only to be lovingly cared for, for 20 years before the unsuspecting consumer realizes that he has a LOT of bad bottles.

The day was saved by a GREAT bottle of '98 Angelus. And an interesting experiment ensued. We were talking about Reidel Sommelier glasses. Huge, fragile, pricey crystal. I stated I can taste the difference from a very good glass. So my guest blindfolded me, and poured some Angelus into 5 very different glasses. They were then held to my nose and wine poured onto my tongue so I could not feel the glass. I had to order them by favorites, and she was sure I would be proved wrong. The big Reidel came out EASILY on top, followed by a big STEMLESS Reidel, then a tall water glass (the secret of a large volume glass is all the enclosed airspace that fills with aroma) then a martini glass and then a small mason jar. She was stunned.

She is a retired teacher and H.S. Principal. Her major fields of teaching were French and German. Guess who is getting free boning up lessons on his languages? I can't believe how much I am recalling after just two days. By the end of the night, our conversations were wholly in French and German. Verbs, nouns, all coming flooding back. It's totally a symbiotic relationship. She eats and drinks well, I get lessons to prepare for OUR visit to HER home.

She is SO very cool. We are going to have a REALLY splendid week. And my daughters are learning a GREAT deal of Swiss history and culture. Museum and Astronomy on tomorrows agenda, and then I start with some of the fireworks teases. Mang, I got hooked UP on those fireworks. Thanks to a stop today, I now have 60 big mortar shells, and a raft of multicakes that are going to light up the loch. GOOD damn times! :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kept wondering why this Serpent that so many raved about was except for better airflow not any better than my STM's. Same for the Lemo2.
Why the TFV4 Mini Kinda sucked.
Why the Velocity mini was only a bit more flavorful than my STM.
Heck I even got a NarDa clone and it is a bit better than a STM/RBA but not a lot.

I am glad they are my main stockpile for VapeApoclypse.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I kept wondering why this Serpent that so many raved about was except for better airflow not any better than my STM's. Same for the Lemo2.
Heck I even got a NarDa clone and it is a bit better than a STM/RBA but not a lot.

Of all those you mentioned, I only have the Lemo 2 - which is arguably my most disappointing acquisition ever.

AXIOM_1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I don't have any you mentioned, except for the leaky Smok TFV4 ....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whadda GREAT DAY it was today!! My penpal/Internet Spades playing friend from Switzerland is my house guest for a week. She loves coffee, but never roasted her own beans, so we did THAT this morning. Then we went to the boat, and enjoyed a lovely day on the lake. When she got tired, she napped on the boat under the canopy, while I punished the jet ski.

The Mrs. made Rack of Lamb, and my friend is VERY in to wine. I opened a 2000 Pichon Baron Longueville for her, which was fantuckingfastic. Then I opened one of a case of '98 Gazin Pomerol. It was near brown, stewed, but the cork was perfect. Opened another, and it was exactly the same. At some point in the delivery chain, the whole case got cooked in a hot truck or something. FUCKING WINE CRIME, BITCHES!! MUCH great wine ships without being in a reefer, and suffers this fate, only to be lovingly cared for, for 20 years before the unsuspecting consumer realizes that he has a LOT of bad bottles.

The day was saved by a GREAT bottle of '98 Angelus. And an interesting experiment ensued. We were talking about Reidel Sommelier glasses. Huge, fragile, pricey crystal. I stated I can taste the difference from a very good glass. So my guest blindfolded me, and poured some Angelus into 5 very different glasses. They were then held to my nose and wine poured onto my tongue so I could not feel the glass. I had to order them by favorites, and she was sure I would be proved wrong. The big Reidel came out EASILY on top, followed by a big STEMLESS Reidel, then a tall water glass (the secret of a large volume glass is all the enclosed airspace that fills with aroma) then a martini glass and then a small mason jar. She was stunned.

She is a retired teacher and H.S. Principal. Her major fields of teaching were French and German. Guess who is getting free boning up lessons on his languages? I can't believe how much I am recalling after just two days. By the end of the night, our conversations were wholly in French and German. Verbs, nouns, all coming flooding back. It's totally a symbiotic relationship. She eats and drinks well, I get lessons to prepare for OUR visit to HER home.

She is SO very cool. We are going to have a REALLY splendid week. And my daughters are learning a GREAT deal of Swiss history and culture. Museum and Astronomy on tomorrows agenda, and then I start with some of the fireworks teases. Mang, I got hooked UP on those fireworks. Thanks to a stop today, I now have 60 big mortar shells, and a raft of multicakes that are going to light up the loch. GOOD damn times! :)
Have a great time ol buddy....all work and no play makes Mo a dull boy.......:vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is the Kanger subtank mini also prone to leakage?
Not at all with the RBA and halfway decent wicking.
I keep one lying on it's side on a mod in my lunch kit for all day. Had a few sitting in the rack with juice in them for a month and more and no dribbles.
I have one with a bell-cap on it and 2 with top fill top tanks on them from FT and no leaky.

I won 2 TFV4 Mini's and neither one leaks. I have a factory coil in one and an RBA in the other.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The subtank Mini's are great little tanks. I have actually vaped well over 1000 ml thru them. Problem is I started to like more air than they can provide so mine sit idly now. The majority of my vaping on them was with the RBA deck and its one of the easiest decks out there to build on. Properly wicked they dont leak a drop.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope he's training indoors.....:devil:....hotter than the hubs of hell...!
Hotter than the hubs of war?

Strangely that makes some sense. :)

Hell or heel is a very old word that means 'assignment to fight in battle' or more correctly 'stand with/next to the leader/lord to fight'.

Heaven or haven is kinda the opposite 'you get to go hide in the stronghold'

Good morning fugees :)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GM and GFY, 'Gee's. My normal up till 3am, wake by the crack of noon is being heavily disrupted by the early bird habits of my guest. That's OK, I had to see what the world looks like at 6am sooner or later. I mean, from the fresh side. ;)

I hope you all have a LOVELY day. And thanks Dale, yah, we're having a riot. Now if I can only talk her into shooting the Mini-14, THEN she will know Murica! ;)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GM and GFY, 'Gee's. My normal up till 3am, wake by the crack of noon is being heavily disrupted by the early bird habits of my guest. That's OK, I had to see what the world looks like at 6am sooner or later. I mean, from the fresh side. ;)

I hope you all have a LOVELY day. And thanks Dale, yah, we're having a riot. Now if I can only talk her into shooting the Mini-14, THEN she will know Murica! ;)
Glad you all are having such a wonderful time Moo. Have a great day!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin Fugee's and GFY :D

Was reading some HIC's notes last night and for those who dont know, HIC is a guy here on VU and he is a mixing master. He has a page that is very informative for Fa flavors. http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/

I been experimenting with watermelon the last couple days and HIC's notes on FA custard says adding a touch of custard to fruits adds sweet, creamy, bright flavor to the mix so I gave it a try with some watermelon and gotta say, it did make an excellent vape. Not really a creamy vape but helped the watermelon flavor to brighten a bit.

For all ya DIY'ers give that link a try. It might give you some idea's to improve your mixing experiments.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why havent you sat down and made any mixes on your own yet?
Seems I just can't find the time. :( These long summer hours are wiping me out, and my dogs have been sick. So since I've gotten back from Louisiana, I'm playing catch up on the lawn, paying bills, working extra hours, etc.
Thanks for the link. Hopefully I'll have some time to play around with this stuff. I have lots of ingredients. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why havent you sat down and made any mixes on your own yet?
It also seems everything is breaking. Don't know if you remember, but a few weeks ago the car broke down, so thankfully I finally got it dropped off last night to be fixed. It's still under warranty too, thank goodness. The gas this truck is using commuting to work and back SUCKS! LOL

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning to everyone and everyone go fuck yourselves. :)

Think I may indeed now be able to drop my nicotine level. Can feel that the 18 mg is a bit too strong for me in my body. I will try going down to 12 mg and then see about getting to 6 mg. Not making any promises as I'm not sure how low I will be capable of going. Even if I do not, now have some nice gear that puts that as seeming more feasible.

Been squonking my head off. :) :teehee::giggle: Think I will go get critters fed and some :coffee:, complete my 6,000 word short story. Then, I may do some weed eating if there is a break in the heat later on. I did some yesterday and woke this morning stuffed up. I appreciate rag weed needs to live too. I dislike that it seems it's only purpose is to cause allergies. Ah well, off to it. Everyone rin 'er slow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors