ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off the tobacco vapes for a while myself. Have 2 120 ml bottles of my brew sitting on the shelf.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If ya check out danny45 tobacco thread in ECF DIY section you will find over 50 tobacco flavors I did reviews on. I love a good tobacco vape but it goes in waves for me. Been around 4 months since i vaped a tobacco flavor and been getting a yearning for it these last couple weeks so will probably mix some up.
Inawera latakia is one of my favorites. Mixed at %5 as a stand alone with around a 5 hour speed steep its very good. Let it set for around 3 weeks and it develops an awesome slight smokiness on the exhale. Very good.

I never did get into tobacco vapes once I put down that menthol crap I first started vaping, lol.

That Latakia sounds interesting. I'll see if I can tolerate some ECF action later.

BCV has 15% off right now if anyone is interested

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never did get into tobacco vapes once I put down that menthol crap I first started vaping, lol.

That Latakia sounds interesting. I'll see if I can tolerate some ECF action later.

Thats about right with BVC, my order from earlier this week showed up today.

I had 3 or 4 peeps i know who was trying to get off the stinkies and giving vaping a try. They all loved this recipe. One guy was giving me $20 a bottle for it every time he asked me to whip some up for him.

aa540c9e7fa04486842f970235ca784c.png

If your going to vape this at high watts, i suggest cutting all flavors in half. It was designed for tootle puffing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

code needed at BCV for 15% off?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking a quality NETs might work.

I never could find a tobacco I liked and am not prepared to go down that sorry hole again, lol.

But I never tried NETs.

Or one of Nude nicotine's tobacco flavors maybe?

I liked Tobacco Express' "Virginia" -- not Golden Virginia, that was too vegetative, like rotten celery; their plain Virginia suited my Virginia Slims oriented palate to a nicety; light, mild, not sweet, kinda dry, almost "cider-ish". When I smoked, I couldn't tolerate sweet-tasting tobacco, like Marlboro. Virginia Slims were dry and kinda bitter with great TH, even the ultra-lights I smoked for the last 20 yrs of the 39 I smoked.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Never mind on their page.
But does not start till in the morning.

Jumped the gun did I?

Just went to look at "shit" and thought I'd pass the word.

I usually take all weekend to complete an order from them, lol.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I liked Tobacco Express' "Virginia" -- not Golden Virginia, that was too vegetative, like rotten celery; their plain Virginia suited my Virginia Slims oriented palate to a nicety; light, mild, not sweet, kinda dry, almost "cider-ish". When I smoked, I couldn't tolerate sweet-tasting tobacco, like Marlboro. Virginia Slims were dry and kinda bitter with great TH, even the ultra-lights I smoked for the last 20 yrs of the 39 I smoked.

Andria

The vegative flavor I always called a silage flavor. Some like it but I never been a fan of it. The Virginia your talking about is more of a flue cured tobacco flavor. I have some on hand and it was ok to me.

Wanna really try something good, give Fa Shade a try. Its hard to describe other than delish! I have vaped many 100's on ml of this and it is outstanding!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The vegative flavor I always called a silage flavor. Some like it but I never been a fan of it. The Virginia your talking about is more of a flue cured tobacco flavor. I have some on hand and it was ok to me.

Wanna really try something good, give Fa Shade a try. Its hard to describe other than delish! I have vaped many 100's on ml of this and it is outstanding!

I can't say I really enjoy any tobacco flavor too much anymore; some of the sweet, "pipe" tobacco types, I can take in mild doses, if accompanied with some other sweet flavors -- total 180 from my tastes as a smoker. :D I'd really like to find some tutorial or "support group" kind of thing for those types of tobaccos, so I can learn about each type and figure out exactly what it is I can still enjoy, at least when mixed with sweets. Any of the cigarette types though, they taste/smell like "soured" laundry to me now, really sour and icky.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I gotta get some more wire from Stu

SS is so much easier to deal with I've done a lot more recoiling than I ever thought of with kanthal

I've done it so much with kanthal now, it's hard to remember what I found so intimidating about the process when I first started vaping; oh I was just terrified of the whole "messing with electrical shit" concept. :D It really amazed my husband; he said when I first started doing it and was all frazzled, he figured he'd end up having to do it for me, and was really glad when I took the bull by the horns. I was determined to be able to ALWAYS vape, no matter what, just as I always made sure I had PLENTY of cigarettes! :D

Oh BTw y'all, ilumn.com has a sale on Samsung 25R's, $4 each, no coupon needed. Some of their others are on sale too, but that was the best deal for me.

I'm about to head over to liion and see if they have any holiday sales on LG HE2s. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've done it so much with kanthal now, it's hard to remember what I found so intimidating about the process when I first started vaping; oh I was just terrified of the whole "messing with electrical shit" concept. :D It really amazed my husband; he said when I first started doing it and was all frazzled, he figured he'd end up having to do it for me, and was really glad when I took the bull by the horns. I was determined to be able to ALWAYS vape, no matter what, just as I always made sure I had PLENTY of cigarettes! :D

Oh BTw y'all, ilumn.com has a sale on Samsung 25R's, $4 each, no coupon needed. Some of their others are on sale too, but that was the best deal for me.

I'm about to head over to liion and see if they have any holiday sales on LG HE2s. :D

Andria

That link goes to an Australian LED lighting company btw

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That link goes to an Australian LED lighting company btw

Sorry 'bout dat! I misspelled it, oh HORRORS, I haven't done something that boneheaded in years. :oops: It's actually http://www.illumn.com/ -- 2 L's! :rolleyes:

Their battery boxes are better than liion's; the catch is easier to do one-handed.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I need to replace the coil I'm using now, drat it all. It started out around 2.05Ω, but now is bouncing between 2.09 - 2.1, and the taste seems weak, though I've actually got it a little past my usual 10w... 10.2, and will probably hit 10.5 before I hit the bed, unless I go ahead and do it tonight. *sigh* Just dry-burned it yesterday. :mad:

Times like this is when I really miss replaceable coil heads, though I haven't used them in over 2 yrs.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sorry 'bout dat! I misspelled it, oh HORRORS, I haven't done something that boneheaded in years. :oops: It's actually http://www.illumn.com/ -- 2 L's! :rolleyes:

Their battery boxes are better than liion's; the catch is easier to do one-handed.

Andria

That's good to know.I'm trying to sweet talk (con) my husband into a massive battery buy. At least half of mine are over 6 months old at this point and see a lot of use. At least the unmarried single ones.

think I need to replace the coil I'm using now, drat it all. It started out around 2.05Ω, but now is bouncing between 2.09 - 2.1, and the taste seems weak, though I've actually got it a little past my usual 10w... 10.2, and will probably hit 10.5 before I hit the bed, unless I go ahead and do it tonight. *sigh* Just dry-burned it yesterday.
Times like this is when I really miss replaceable coil heads, though I haven't used them in over 2 yrs.

I hate it when that happens!

I'm sure you tried checking to make sure the post screws didn't come loose first ---

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's good to know.I'm trying to sweet talk (con) my husband into a massive battery buy. At least half of mine are over 6 months old at this point and see a lot of use. At least the unmarried single ones.

I hate it when that happens!

I'm sure you tried checking to make sure the post screws didn't come loose first ---

They never do, in my Achilles. :D Everytime I change the coil, I have to put some real oomph into unscrewing the little bastards. The mounting is exactly like a kayfun's, except slightly larger deck, posts, and screws, so it's a damn sight easier than a Kayfun. But terrific that I learned on a kayfun, because these are a piece of cake comparatively speaking. :D Nah, I know it's time to replace it, because even after the dry burning, the coil looks dark; I have to dry-burn so often because of the gunk, the coils don't last too long, maybe a month or so at most. And I think the one on the other good base is also in need of replacement, so I can't just switch the bases.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

liionwholesale.com has some outstanding quantity discounts! I'm looking at their LG HE2s right now, $4.59 each, which I may jump on; those batteries do seem to last a little longer than the 25Rs, though they're rated virtually the same.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
liionwholesale.com has some outstanding quantity discounts! I'm looking at their LG HE2s right now, $4.59 each, which I may jump on; those batteries do seem to last a little longer than the 25Rs, though they're rated virtually the same.

Andria

That is a good price

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't even planning an order this weekend but they don't put out 15 % coupons that often, so may as well take advantage of it.

I usually get an order once a month
Been about 6 months since I ordered any flavoring. Ohh wait I did order another 4 oz bottle of CAP VC V1 and 4 oz of CAP Vanilla Whipped cream 2 months ago.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Been about 6 months since I ordered any flavoring. Ohh wait I did order another 4 oz bottle of CAP VC V1 and 4 oz of CAP Vanilla Whipped cream 2 months ago.

I just started doing that a few months back.

My taste buds were all over the place for a few years between dual use then a lot of ups and downs once I finally REALLY quit smoking 100%.

I was stuck in a rut and only vaped a few different DIY flavors for a couple of years and have just lately started spreading my wings so to speak.

So I buy small amounts of this and that to try new recipes. If I like it a lot, I'll buy a bigger bottle later. Sometimes you have to try two or three different brands before you hit the flavor you really want.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just started doing that a few months back.

My taste buds were all over the place for a few years between dual use then a lot of ups and downs once I finally REALLY quit smoking 100%.

I was stuck in a rut and only vaped a few different DIY flavors for a couple of years and have just lately started spreading my wings so to speak.

So I buy small amounts of this and that to try new recipes. If I like it a lot, I'll buy a bigger bottle later. Sometimes you have to try two or three different brands before you hit the flavor you really want.

Oh yeah, and my juice consumption easily tripled since I completely eliminated attys with prebuilt coils out of my rotation at work.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First time I've made any juice....but I cheated a lil for the first batches...bought NN's premixed concentrates, just add VG-Nic.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Already have the 100% nic reduced, just add the flavoring....I really love the NN flavors....can't seem to vape anything else.

You try any of their tobacco flavors?

I'm trying to help someone out but trying to keep from going too far down the rabbit hole with it :bunny:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Do they ship USPS?

I can't find any actual shipping method info on their site.

UPS and FEDEx are too damn expensive to use up here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The box I received last week weighed 25 lbs....it came two days late according to UPS tracking originally sent, worthless service.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The box I received last week weighed 25 lbs....it came two days late according to UPS tracking originally sent, worthless service.

They are my A #1 disliked shipper - even if it wasn't so sky high to use up here

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
NN has free shipping, but I forget the minimum number to get it.

I am one of them who refuses to fall onto the nude nic band wagon. Quality nicotine is tasteless, period. Nude nic does not manufacture nicotine, they buy it just like the other places does and then re-bottles it. What they excel at is in marketing for they have convinced many that if they pay over twice as much for their product they they are some how special. Many (not saying peeps here) on the nude nic band wagon want to act elitist like the die hard Provari fans and thats a huge turn off for me.

Ok, rant over :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am one of them who refuses to fall onto the nude nic band wagon. Quality nicotine is tasteless, period. Nude nic does not manufacture nicotine, they buy it just like the other places does and then re-bottles it. What they excel at is in marketing for they have convinced many that if they pay over twice as much for their product they they are some how special. Many (not saying peeps here) on the nude nic band wagon want to act elitist like the die hard Provari fans and thats a huge turn off for me.

You BBQ-in a goat head this evening Doc?.....:giggle::giggle:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At least half of mine are over 6 months old at this point and see a lot of use. At least the unmarried single ones.
So, you're saying once your batteries are married they don't see as much action? I know some folks that would say that's just like people.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep like marketing ni80 wire....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors