ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GM and GFY everyone! I don't expect many here this early on a Sunday morning on a holiday weekend. I've just been swamped at work the last few weeks. Even had to work yesterday. So busy I haven't even been able to do any forum time via cellphone. Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend, unless you're like me and have it cut short from having to work.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a special meme for @Robert Cromwell lol

28e38c469ab3f07165e6428cde18fc65.jpg
Lol. Awesome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY!

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday planned. Think I am gonna cut some grass today just so I can get my daily 10K steps in, and then work on a grape vape juice I am trying to develop and maybe build a few coils. As for shenanigans, they just happen :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY!

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday planned. Think I am gonna cut some grass today just so I can get my daily 10K steps in, and then work on a grape vape juice I am trying to develop and maybe build a few coils. As for shenanigans, they just happen :)
I haven't been able to post.............

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning fugee's and GFY!

Gonna flood and stuff here later today.
And one of the pontoons for my lawnmower has a leak...

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need advice. Ok, so, my brother in law takes care of the dogs when I go out of town. But, it seems every time I come back, my pug Tabitha is sick. This last time, I came back and she had colitis - almost $300 vet bill. I'm just glad she's ok, but this is a REAL problem! I invited him to have some grilled hamburgers yesterday since he helped me with my car (it's fixed, yeah!) and told him Tabitha needed to stay IN THE HOUSE so she couldn't eat anything(ie, poop) that's not on her special diet (she's still not 100% healed:(). Well, he must have let her out at least 5 times yesterday when I was grilling and so I'd have to run and catch her and put her back in. At one time I caught her eating poop!!!! I live in the country and it's impossible to find all the hidden things she may eat. :( So, my question is, should I bring her with me to the beach next week? I'm taking a friend, her daughter, her daughter's friend and it'll be a packed truck. :( It'll also be very difficult taking care of her there. :( Maybe I should kennel her? Advice will be appreciated.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need advice. Ok, so, my brother in law takes care of the dogs when I go out of town. But, it seems every time I come back, my pug Tabitha is sick. This last time, I came back and she had colitis - almost $300 vet bill. I'm just glad she's ok, but this is a REAL problem! I invited him to have some grilled hamburgers yesterday since he helped me with my car (it's fixed, yeah!) and told him Tabitha needed to stay IN THE HOUSE so she couldn't eat anything(ie, poop) that's not on her special diet (she's still not 100% healed:(). Well, he must have let her out at least 5 times yesterday when I was grilling and so I'd have to run and catch her and put her back in. At one time I caught her eating poop!!!! I live in the country and it's impossible to find all the hidden things she may eat. :( So, my question is, should I bring her with me to the beach next week? I'm taking a friend, her daughter, her daughter's friend and it'll be a packed truck. :( It'll also be very difficult taking care of her there. :( Maybe I should kennel her? Advice will be appreciated.
If it's economically feasible, I'd put her in a kennel (that is, if you have one you trust, of course)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He's is an old BIL. My sister dumped him after 25 years and moved to New Orleans. As for getting a new bil, I wouldn't wish that on any poor sucker. My sister can be the b from h.

I'd say the same, put your baby in a kennel, as your BIL is apparently too stupid to follow simple directions -- or to give her ONLY what she's supposed to eat, apparently, which may be why she's always sick after he "looks after" her. If I had a sister and BIL like that... I think I'd take their numbers out of my phone and reject their calls if they happened to call me. Just pretend they don't exist, that's by far the best way to deal with unpleasant people. You don't owe them anything at all, if they treat you that way.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atcha. Just checked on a refill using one of the FT 2804000 topfill tank tops for the Subtank Mini. And using the RBA it holds over 5 ml.
And is less than 3 mm taller than the regular STM tank. Anbd uses standard STM replacement glass.
But order some orings for it 2156300. for the topfill ports.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Atcha. Just checked on a refill using one of the FT 2804000 topfill tank tops for the Subtank Mini. And using the RBA it holds over 5 ml.
And is less than 3 mm taller than the regular STM tank.
Awesome!!! Thanks!!!
I'd say the same, put your baby in a kennel, as your BIL is apparently too stupid to follow simple directions -- or to give her ONLY what she's supposed to eat, apparently, which may be why she's always sick after he "looks after" her. If I had a sister and BIL like that... I think I'd take their numbers out of my phone and reject their calls if they happened to call me. Just pretend they don't exist, that's by far the best way to deal with unpleasant people. You don't owe them anything at all, if they treat you that way.

Andria
Yea, I hear ya Andria. It's depressing. :( She's just an innocent dog and doesn't know any better. I'm going to call first thing in the morning and if they can't fit her in, I'll go get her one of those small crates like she used to have before my sister "borrowed" it and never returned it. And she'll go with me to the beach. I brought her with me the last time I went 4 years ago. In fact, it was just me and her. lol.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
why she's always sick after he "looks after" her.
I really do appreciate this advice. You know, I called him this morning and let him have it and he promised to take care of her right. There was a part of me that wanted to believe it, but you and @chopdoc are correct. I'd worry the whole time. She's a flat nose dog and gets overheated quick and it's supposed to be in the 100's so she'll be better off on vaca with me. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really do appreciate this advice. You know, I called him this morning and let him have it and he promised to take care of her right. There was a part of me that wanted to believe it, but you and @chopdoc are correct. I'd worry the whole time. She's a flat nose dog and gets overheated quick and it's supposed to be in the 100's so she'll be better off on vaca with me. :)

I think that's an even better idea than putting her in a kennel -- you know what they say: if you want something done RIGHT, do it yourself. I imagine that while you were letting him have it, he was rolling his eyes and trying not to laugh, and promising whatever it took to get you off the phone, and then if you did let him care for her, he'd just do it any old way he pleased, NOT according to your desires or your pet's needs, but according to his own laziness and bull-headedness and stupidity. That's the worst thing about stupid people: they don't know they're stupid. I guess it's true that ignorance is bliss.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors