ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, Tabitha is beach bound!!! My friend's daughter's friend can't make it so we'll bringing her. I'll take pics of the cuteness of a Pug on the beach!!! Woooooohooooooooooo! I can't wait. We're leaving Tuesday morning and won't be back til Friday night.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think that's an even better idea than putting her in a kennel -- you know what they say: if you want something done RIGHT, do it yourself. I imagine that while you were letting him have it, he was rolling his eyes and trying not to laugh, and promising whatever it took to get you off the phone, and then if you did let him care for her, he'd just do it any old way he pleased, NOT according to your desires or your pet's needs, but according to his own laziness and bull-headedness and stupidity. That's the worst thing about stupid people: they don't know they're stupid. I guess it's true that ignorance is bliss.

Andria
Great minds think alike!!! look what I just posted. :bliss:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it's economically feasible, I'd put her in a kennel (that is, if you have one you trust, of course)

I agree with brother Spanky. We have had to kennel our dogs at different times. We had to move once and needed them safe until we could return to bring them to our new living quarters.Sounds like you've a similar situation, need a critter safe while you attend to something else.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great minds think alike!!! look what I just posted. :bliss:

Dont forget to pack Tabatha's bikini!

pug19-600x447.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with brother Spanky. We have had to kennel our dogs at different times. We had to move once and needed them safe until we could return to bring them to our new living quarters.Sounds like you've a similar situation, need a critter safe while you attend to something else.
I always kenneled her when I couldn't take her with me. The ONLY reason I stopped was because when sister sue took off she left her 3 adopted HUGE dogs behind. I adopted Mr. Freeman, and friend --- Kim --- took Lucy, and the old dog with diabetes (Mikey) was put down. :( Mr. Freeman is terrified of people so I can't kennel him. He literally shakes when I bring him to the vet. I'll admit something, me and sis had a HUGE blowout when I was there. She has already adopted another huge dog(not that there's anything wrong with a big dog if you can AFFORD to feed it!) and was talking about getting another one. So, I told her she should never adopt another dog again because they always end up being abandoned for the 2nd time. She threw me out of her house and I had to get a cab to the airport and "live" there for hours before my flight. GRRRR. She's had a lifetime of adopting and then dumping dogs. The first one was in 1981. My mom or me ended up with all her dumped animals and she wants to continue on with the cycle of "Oh, I'll adopt a helpless doggie" and then when she tires of it, dumps it again.
I need to stop. Just venting and wondering why I've accepted this behavior throughout the years. Maybe because I'm constantly examining my own behavior wondering if I did something wrong.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, Tabitha is beach bound!!! My friend's daughter's friend can't make it so we'll bringing her. I'll take pics of the cuteness of a Pug on the beach!!! Woooooohooooooooooo! I can't wait. We're leaving Tuesday morning and won't be back til Friday night.

If you're gonna be staying in a motel, make sure they don't have a problem with pets -- when my ex and I moved to MI, we had to stay in a motel till we found an apt, and we had a hellacious time finding a motel that would accept his cats. Red Roof Inn was the only one we could find.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're gonna be staying in a motel, make sure they don't have a problem with pets -- when my ex and I moved to MI, we had to stay in a motel till we found an apt, and we had a hellacious time finding a motel that would accept his cats. Red Roof Inn was the only one we could find.

Andria
I actually checked it out before booking it (just in case). They allow them. :)
It's a cabin on the beach so it's one of those places you bring your own towels, food, etc. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always kenneled her when I couldn't take her with me. The ONLY reason I stopped was because when sister sue took off she left her 3 adopted HUGE dogs behind. I adopted Mr. Freeman, and friend --- Kim --- took Lucy, and the old dog with diabetes (Mikey) was put down. :( Mr. Freeman is terrified of people so I can't kennel him. He literally shakes when I bring him to the vet. I'll admit something, me and sis had a HUGE blowout when I was there. She has already adopted another huge dog(not that there's anything wrong with a big dog if you can AFFORD to feed it!) and was talking about getting another one. So, I told her she should never adopt another dog again because they always end up being abandoned for the 2nd time. She threw me out of her house and I had to get a cab to the airport and "live" there for hours before my flight. GRRRR. She's had a lifetime of adopting and then dumping dogs. The first one was in 1981. My mom or me ended up with all her dumped animals and she wants to continue on with the cycle of "Oh, I'll adopt a helpless doggie" and then when she tires of it, dumps it again.
I need to stop. Just venting and wondering why I've accepted this behavior throughout the years. Maybe because I'm constantly examining my own behavior wondering if I did something wrong.

She sounds like a person that really desperately needs for you to simply ignore her existence, period -- because accepting her in your life is just enabling her to keep acting like that. If you just cut her out of your life, there are a couple possibilities: either she will finally wake the fuck up and fix herself, or she won't -- but either way, YOU won't have to deal with her shit anymore.

It's easy to make excuses for people: oh, she's my sister; oh, she's fine when she's not drunk; oh, this that or the other thing -- but none of that excuse-making changes anything, least of all her, and you are the one who gets kicked in the ass everytime she embarks on one of her "not fine" adventures.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She sounds like a person that really desperately needs for you to simply ignore her existence, period -- because accepting her in your life is just enabling her to keep acting like that. If you just cut her out of your life, there are a couple possibilities: either she will finally wake the fuck up and fix herself, or she won't -- but either way, YOU won't have to deal with her shit anymore.

It's easy to make excuses for people: oh, she's my sister; oh, she's fine when she's not drunk; oh, this that or the other thing -- but none of that excuse-making changes anything, least of all her, and you are the one who gets kicked in the ass everytime she embarks on one of her "not fine" adventures.

Andria
At 53 I'm finally realizing that Andria. It's just so sad. You know, I'd never in my life could even fathom kicking my own sister out of the house the way she did me. She was just screaming and yelling: "You're evil to say that. This is MY house and I will NOT tolerate someone speaking to me like this. " Somewhere deep inside she knew I was right and it pissed her off. I'm done with her. She took off and left as soon as she got her split of mom's inheritance. Her kid had just graduated high school and if I was soooooooo evil, why did I buy her plane tickets to visit her son on 3 occasions because she's too lazy to drive here? Why do I continually help her out monetarily? I really did not intentionally try to agitate her (in fact I've avoided doing that our whole lives since she's a ticking time bomb). She had been picking on me the whole time I was at "her" house and I finally had enough and started speaking my mind.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep! But I'm having oatmeal with my bacon this morning, so hopefully that will keep things on-balance in my tummy! :)

Andria
Oh yeah, oatmeal is the bomb! I have that every morning.
Ok, I'm not going to discuss my sister or any more crap. I just needed to get all this off my chest. Been working ever since I got home from NOLA so I'm finally coming to "terms" with it.
Fuck ya!

Plan on the same once I wake up better - who knows when that will be
After 2 more cups of joe.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah, oatmeal is the bomb! I have that every morning.
Ok, I'm not going to discuss my sister or any more crap. I just needed to get all this off my chest. Been working ever since I got home from NOLA so I'm finally coming to "terms" with it.

After 2 more cups of joe.

Thanks for clarifying that :coffee::coffee:

Coming to terms with toxic family members is a lifelong process and it's not something you really "get over." You just learn how to deal with it differently.

:tigercat:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for clarifying that :coffee::coffee:

Coming to terms with toxic family members is a lifelong process and it's not something you really "get over." You just learn how to deal with it differently.

:tigercat:
lol. I'm about to have my 3rd!
True Lucy, at least she got a good shot of my vape stuff when I was there. She said she was planning on using it in her "Human Deviant Behavior" class.
upload_2016-7-3_12-17-41.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At 53 I'm finally realizing that Andria. It's just so sad. You know, I'd never in my life could even fathom kicking my own sister out of the house the way she did me. She was just screaming and yelling: "You're evil to say that. This is MY house and I will NOT tolerate someone speaking to me like this. " Somewhere deep inside she knew I was right and it pissed her off. I'm done with her. She took off and left as soon as she got her split of mom's inheritance. Her kid had just graduated high school and if I was soooooooo evil, why did I buy her plane tickets to visit her son on 3 occasions because she's too lazy to drive here? Why do I continually help her out monetarily? I really did not intentionally try to agitate her (in fact I've avoided doing that our whole lives since she's a ticking time bomb). She had been picking on me the whole time I was at "her" house and I finally had enough and started speaking my mind.

If a person can't hear Truth without having a hissyfit... I'd say they have some serious issues, and anyone would be better off without the truth-hater in their life.

I have a similar situation with my mom; she can't hear truth without getting all pissy either. In fact, before she stopped drinking, I had done my very best to never deal with her at all -- I let my husband deal with her, and let my son visit her (because my stepfather is NOT a drunk, and I knew he would keep things sane enough to care for the kid), but I rarely ever talked to her, and NEVER after 8pm at night. Really the only reason I'm currently putting up with her stupid shit at all is because it's very clear that she won't be around much longer; I may have some regrets after she's gone, but at least I'll know that I did my best to mend bridges. But she's a perpetual child, and at the age of 75 and with serious health issues, it's clear as day that she's never going to grow up. I confess to still harboring a niggling hope that she may one day figure out why I don't like her much, but I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to disappointment.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But she's a perpetual child, and at the age of 75 and with serious health issues, it's clear as day that she's never going to grow up. I confess to still harboring a niggling hope that she may one day figure out why I don't like her much, but I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to disappointment.

I'm in a similar boat - except I avoid any face-to-face contact with my mother like the plague

It's emotionally exhausting at best, abusive at worst and I just can't take it most of the time.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If a person can't hear Truth without having a hissyfit... I'd say they have some serious issues, and anyone would be better off without the truth-hater in their life.

I have a similar situation with my mom; she can't hear truth without getting all pissy either. In fact, before she stopped drinking, I had done my very best to never deal with her at all -- I let my husband deal with her, and let my son visit her (because my stepfather is NOT a drunk, and I knew he would keep things sane enough to care for the kid), but I rarely ever talked to her, and NEVER after 8pm at night. Really the only reason I'm currently putting up with her stupid shit at all is because it's very clear that she won't be around much longer; I may have some regrets after she's gone, but at least I'll know that I did my best to mend bridges. But she's a perpetual child, and at the age of 75 and with serious health issues, it's clear as day that she's never going to grow up. I confess to still harboring a niggling hope that she may one day figure out why I don't like her much, but I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to disappointment.

Andria
Like I said before, your mom sounds a LOT like my sister. Kudos to you for doing what you can Andria. I can't imagine having a parent being like that. Hearing all what you've said, makes me realize why my nephew John really doesn't have much to do with her. I understand him better now.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need advice. Ok, so, my brother in law takes care of the dogs when I go out of town. But, it seems every time I come back, my pug Tabitha is sick. This last time, I came back and she had colitis - almost $300 vet bill. I'm just glad she's ok, but this is a REAL problem! I invited him to have some grilled hamburgers yesterday since he helped me with my car (it's fixed, yeah!) and told him Tabitha needed to stay IN THE HOUSE so she couldn't eat anything(ie, poop) that's not on her special diet (she's still not 100% healed:(). Well, he must have let her out at least 5 times yesterday when I was grilling and so I'd have to run and catch her and put her back in. At one time I caught her eating poop!!!! I live in the country and it's impossible to find all the hidden things she may eat. :( So, my question is, should I bring her with me to the beach next week? I'm taking a friend, her daughter, her daughter's friend and it'll be a packed truck. :( It'll also be very difficult taking care of her there. :( Maybe I should kennel her? Advice will be appreciated.
I read this earlier today and something seemed strange. I'm assuming you are referring to either dog or cat feces being eaten. Does she also eat dirt?

I'm guessing the answer is yes, sounds like some dipshit vet gave her oral antibiotics. Get her some probiotics from the drug store. The kind for people. She'll only need a few (3-4) one a day so don't buy too many. They won't do her any harm and her ability to digest food properly will go up a lot.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm in a similar boat - except I avoid any face-to-face contact with my mother like the plague

It's emotionally exhausting at best, abusive at worst and I just can't take it most of the time.
Dang Lucy, I'm sorry! I did have a very loving mother. When dad died (I was 12) I did have to grow up quick! Suddenly I was left with a sweet, but "out of it" mother who lost her soul mate and became VERY dingy and a spoiled rotten older sister that started partying constantly. I was blessed to have a horse and a very wonderful veterinarian that taught me how to give immunizations. I'd buy them wholesale from the vet and do "country - at-home" yearly vaccinations for the neighborhood (You can't do that anymore with all the laws in place). That little business stretched to other neighborhoods and the next thing you know, I had a riding club paying for the horse feed so I could keep my horse.
Seems we have a lot in common and now I'm glad I "came clean". It's embarrassing to admit to all the crap you've been through in your life. Thankfully, you and Andria are awesome even though you have abusive moms.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I read this earlier today and something seemed strange. I'm assuming you are referring to either dog or cat feces being eaten. Does she also eat dirt?

I'm guessing the answer is yes, sounds like some dipshit vet gave her oral antibiotics. Get her some probiotics from the drug store. The kind for people. She'll only need a few (3-4) one a day so don't buy too many. They won't do her any harm and her ability to digest food properly will go up a lot.
Yes, the emergency clinic gave oral antibiotics. Geez Boden thanks for the advice!!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

She only weighs 20 lbs. So 3-4 is still good?

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ask the pharmacist for a quality probiotic. They may have a refrigerator with some those are generally better. The important thing is that there is a wide variety of bacteria and bacilli. The "X billion units" on the bottle is a meaningless number. You'll see what I mean.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just ask the pharmacist for a quality probiotic. They may have a refrigerator with some those are generally better. The important thing is that there is a wide variety of bacteria and bacilli. The "X billion units" on the bottle is a meaningless number. You'll see what I mean.
Ok thanks again! I'm off to the store. :D

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dang Lucy, I'm sorry! I did have a very loving mother. When dad died (I was 12) I did have to grow up quick! Suddenly I was left with a sweet, but "out of it" mother who lost her soul mate and became VERY dingy and a spoiled rotten older sister that started partying constantly. I was blessed to have a horse and a very wonderful veterinarian that taught me how to give immunizations. I'd buy them wholesale from the vet and do "country - at-home" yearly vaccinations for the neighborhood (You can't do that anymore with all the laws in place). That little business stretched to other neighborhoods and the next thing you know, I had a riding club paying for the horse feed so I could keep my horse.
Seems we have a lot in common and now I'm glad I "came clean". It's embarrassing to admit to all the crap you've been through in your life. Thankfully, you and Andria are awesome even though you have abusive moms.

We all go thru that crap, nothing to be embarrassed about. I have a sister who is a drama queen from hell and a user. She called once just having to talk to me. Told me all about how her youngest daughter, my niece needed braces desperately and how it was life or death situation. I told her I hated hearing about it but why she calling me on it. She told me it was my place to pay for it and if I didnt I wasnt family. So I hung up on her and didnt speak to her for like 5 years after that. The only way I can get along with her is to have nothing to do with her and thats exactly what I do. If someone is abusive in your life, that is your fault, not theirs. You allowed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors