Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It looked like it would need to be drilled to me, not my forte if I want it pretty. I didn't research it too hard though
That's what Catfish does.....:giggle:...so I don't have to...think he charges 12 bucks to center punch the pin on the lathe, for perfect precision.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I ordered a few cherry flavors from ECX tonight but dont believe I ordered that one. The one that I used today that was real good was one Cromwell turned me onto called Flavor Concentrates. http://flavorconcentrates.com/ I was told once on ECF to try fruit at %15 and most of the time that is a good starting point, but not for all fruit flavors. When I initially tried Flavor Concentrates Cherry I tried it at %15, at %10 and at %5 and it was nasty at all percentages. Yesterday after reading some on Hic's notes http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/ I tried grape at %1 and it came out great, so tried that with cherry today and the Flavor concentrate batch came out real good. The other batch with Jungle Cherry, not so good.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a few cherry flavors from ECX tonight but dont believe I ordered that one. The one that I used today that was real good was one Cromwell turned me onto called Flavor Concentrates. http://flavorconcentrates.com/ I was told once on ECF to try fruit at %15 and most of the time that is a good starting point, but not for all fruit flavors. When I initially tried Flavor Concentrates Cherry I tried it at %15, at %10 and at %5 and it was nasty at all percentages. Yesterday after reading some on Hic's notes http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/ I tried grape at %1 and it came out great, so tried that with cherry today and the Flavor concentrate batch came out real good. The other batch with Jungle Cherry, not so good.

Are these super-concentrated flavors?

Never tried this site before

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Flavor Concentrates Blueberry!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are these super-concentrated flavors?

Never tried this site before
some act super concentrated.
They are all natural. No funky artificial taste.
The strawberry is good and peach too.
They do benefit from some ageing for a few weeks. Especially the banana. Not so good at first but let it sit for a few weeks and good.
Made some excellent StrawNanner juice with them.

Flavorconcentrates.com

And use the vanilla and coconut with caution :)
They will overpower very easially.
the orange as well.

I think the 15% I may have quoted in the past was before my buds fully recovered.
Need to pull them out and see how they work now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info, Doc and Bob...I've yet to find or hear of any good cherry concentrate until I read about Medicine Flower on another site this morning. I'll try this one too with the next order.

I ordered a bunch of the Lotus flavors, including the white cherry. DIY is new to me, hopefully it will work out. I'm tired of paying crazy prices for jooce. Made a simple lime juice the other day, tastes as good as any other I've bought, for pennies on the dollar.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They do benefit from some ageing for a few weeks. Especially the banana. Not so good at first but let it sit for a few weeks and good.

Flavorconcentrates.com

the orange as well.

I think the 15% I may have quoted in the past was before my buds fully recovered.

It wasnt you that quoted the %15. I believe it was Hoosier who said that. For fruit flavors like tangerine, apple, melons, %15 is a perfect starting point.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info, Doc and Bob...I've yet to find or hear of any good cherry concentrate until I read about Medicine Flower on another site this morning. I'll try this one too with the next order.

I ordered a bunch of the Lotus flavors, including the white cherry. DIY is new to me, hopefully it will work out. I'm tired of paying crazy prices for jooce. Made a simple lime juice the other day, tastes as good as any other I've bought, for pennies on the dollar.

I think the TFA Cherry Extract is very good; not too sweet, not maraschino-y, not too tart/sour, not medicinal.... just right! :D It's also perfectly clear, which I really like.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Flavorconcentrates.com

the orange as well.

Slick Bob....never heard of this company....bookmarked.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the TFA Cherry Extract is very good; not too sweet, not maraschino-y, not too tart/sour, not medicinal.... just right! :D It's also perfectly clear, which I really like.

Andria
Thanks Andria...!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor Concentrates was my first flavorings I used.
Artificial ingredients in many flavorings and most juice actually cause me physical grief in addition to the chemical taste that most have.
Flavor concentrates is additive free flavorings. Just clean flavor.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot of times when I get new flavors I will mix up a 15ml test batch at %5, give it 3 to 6 hours in an ultrasonic cleaner and then try them in an RDA. Then I will put them on a shelf for a few weeks and see how the flavor develops. Some flavors like cherry, grape, Tiramisu was horrible. I am starting to learn that even at %5 it was too much. Now I have some flavors i will revisit at a much lower percentage. Kinda like the cherry and grape, I tried them as stand alones before and hated them. Yet after reading some, retrying them at much at %1, both the grapes I tried yesterday was excellent and the Flavor Concentrated brand cherry was excellent. So its like everything else, you learn as you go.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A lot of times when I get new flavors I will mix up a 15ml test batch at %5, give it 3 to 6 hours in an ultrasonic cleaner and then try them in an RDA. Then I will put them on a shelf for a few weeks and see how the flavor develops. Some flavors like cherry, grape, Tiramisu was horrible. I am starting to learn that even at %5 it was too much. Now I have some flavors i will revisit at a much lower percentage. Kinda like the cherry and grape, I tried them as stand alones before and hated them. Yet after reading some, retrying them at much at %1, both the grapes I tried yesterday was excellent and the Flavor Concentrated brand cherry was excellent. So its like everything else, you learn as you go.
My first attempt with single fruit flavor was 2%, even that was a little strong for my liking. Had to add some VG.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 velocity minis that all come with BF pin.

yeah, those velocities are good for instant cheap bf atty.

They work all right - I wonder if you could switch a velocity pin with a narda?

A lot of folks like the narda over the velocity. I don't have a narda so can't say, except the velocity is my least fave of my small bf atty collection

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 velocity minis that all come with BF pin.

Where can one git pins for NarDa's?
I can prolly drill it out but don't want to try unless I have a backup.

Fatdaddy vapes sells them three for $3.99. I think its the 2.5 mm for the narda, but I would double check that

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A lot of folks like the narda over the velocity. I don't have a narda so can't say, except the velocity is my least fave of my small bf atty collection
The NarDA is good flavor but not knock you back increase over the Velocity mini.
It is also a pretty tight draw. Similar to a Kayfun I would say.
It is pretty much an open MTL atty.
Maybe 30 watts or so max?

I bought the best 1:1 clone FT had.
The tin even looked exactly like a NarDa tin and even said made in USA on it :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks I will pull the NarDa pin and check. Had not thought of that DUHHH..

On the FC watermelon I think I mixed it at between 15 and 20%. But is has been a while will mix some more and let you inow. Will prolly be more like 5-15 % now.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The NarDA is good flavor but not knock you back increase over the Velocity mini.
It is also a pretty tight draw. Similar to a Kayfun I would say.
It is pretty much an open MTL atty.
Maybe 30 watts or so max?

I bought the best 1:1 clone FT had.
The tin even looked exactly like a NarDa tin and even said made in USA on it :)

It's supposedly a super simple pin swap if you ever wanted to try it

EDIT: I meant with a proper size pin - don't know if it matches the velocity or not

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have some BF pins, I'll have to check what they fit. Let me find the packages, if they work in a NarDa I'll send you one.
Bob, I think the pins are in a Magma box at my office. I'll check in the morning. I don't see it here.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uggh need a proper fitting screwdriver will check it out tomorrow, not going out to the shop at this time of night in the rain.
Might disturb my skunks.

And nothing is worse than a disturbed skunk.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The air flow *might* be tight enough, or then again maybe not, that airhole between the posts looks pretty damn big, but it doesn't have a well, which disqualifies it. The Magma's well is the smallest I'll tolerate. RDAs with deep wells are the only reason I got interested in RDAs at all.

Andria
Air hole might look bigger because it is only a 16 mm atty.

also you might really like a NarDa clone.
Wide open they are just a loose MTL.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry...Bull City Vapor....bought so many things the last couple days I forgot what I bought.

And http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/lotus-flavors.html?p=2
Ahh that is Lotus flower. I hear good things about them but not Flavor Concentrates brand that some of us were talking about.
sorry if I got confused. But I was speaking of Flavor Concentrates brand flavoring.

flavorconcentrates.com

I just did a little BCV order a day or so ago.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Air hole might look bigger because it is only a 16 mm atty.

also you might really like a NarDa clone.
Wide open they are just a loose MTL.

But they're not bottom-airflow, and I have NEVER found an atty without bottom-airflow to have any taste worth mentioning. I could have *almost* liked the Veritas, but the side-air made the flavor very dilute, and that huge internal airhole also made the draw far too loose for my liking.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But they're not bottom-airflow, and I have NEVER found an atty without bottom-airflow to have any taste worth mentioning. I could have *almost* liked the Veritas, but the side-air made the flavor very dilute, and that huge internal airhole also made the draw far too loose for my liking.

Andria
The NarDa has fantastic airflow..the air hits the coils directly in front or under, depending how high the coil is. You can turn the air completely off if you want, it the tightest atty I have.

Actually, I love the NarDa, although I usually prefer more airflow, this lil thing is just a flavor beast.

Please try an inexpensive Squonk mod...if I had an extra I'd send you one. It's so nice not dripping. After a while you squonk the mod unconsciously, simply awesome.. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me too Juice...I'm DONE done spending another dime until we find out what is going to happen after 8/8/2016

I'll try my best not to read any posts from enablers.....:rolleyes:

I have a hard time turning down a good deal :p

But, I feel I need to start getting in the mode, especially since I feel pretty good about my stash.

Am going to try to only use non-vape vendors for actual needs as they arise, which shouldn't be that hard.

Will also allow myself to jump on a truly stupendous deal - but it better be stupendous, not just good

I do need to replenish a lot of aging batteries for instance and am getting on the low side on my supply of pg - but those can be obtained from non-vape vendors

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Andria...while I was digging around looking for the bottom feed pin for a NarDa, I found two low-profile REO mods I forgot about...brand new still wrapped, if you would like to try squonking, I'd be happy to send one to you to use until you buy one if you like squonking. Hell, I'd probably just say keep the mod. PM me your address if interested.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Andria...while I was digging around looking for the bottom feed pin for a NarDa, I found two low-profile REO mods I forgot about...brand new still wrapped, if you would like to try squonking, I'd be happy to send one to you to use until you buy one if you like squonking. Hell, I'd probably just say keep the mod. PM me your address if interested.

You are a wonder Dale:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors