Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning everyone and GFY to all :D

This morning I am enjoying some Flavor Concentrate brand watermelon mixed as a stand alone at %15 and it is very good!

Gotta be honest here, I really dont get the "throw all tanks away, never going to use them again, squonk or nothing" kick that seems to be going on lately. I squonk, have mine in front of me now. A vaper flask clone with a velocity on it and yes I like it, yet I dont see it replacing my tanks for I feel I get a better vape from my tanks, better flavor from them and tanks are far more convenient in my opinion.
RDA's in general never been all that to me. I just never felt like I could get a better vape from them than I could from a tank. Just my 2 cents worth on the issue.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Hank F. Spankman & @JuicyLucy ----> Stainless steel wire is indeed the bombdiggity didggity doo! :) Figure out it needs annealed prior to using. Got a nice coil built. Yep, using it in a Velocity. A single coil is hitting as hard as dual coil. Running behind, ntg. GM everyone, go fuck yourselves. :)

I pretty much have switch to all SS316 wire too, but I dont anneal it, I just build my coil, mount it, wick it and go. I like how I can go power mode or TC with the same coil with no problems. Now if I could just figure out what I am doing wrong with rebuilding my triton coils, I would have it made.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I pretty much have switch to all SS316 wire too, but I dont anneal it, I just build my coil, mount it, wick it and go. I like how I can go power mode or TC with the same coil with no problems. Now if I could just figure out what I am doing wrong with rebuilding my triton coils, I would have it made.

Well, the annealing works for me. I don't use temp control. Doubt you'll find that on a mech. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tracking shows my wismec presa arrived in New Orleans on the third so a good chance it will be out for delivery today :)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting this today
24c844928dd92cd7e2bf35f15aeb090f.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah same here. I do dry burn it though.
Now what to do with all those rolls of Kanthal....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The NarDa has fantastic airflow..the air hits the coils directly in front or under, depending how high the coil is. You can turn the air completely off if you want, it the tightest atty I have.

Actually, I love the NarDa, although I usually prefer more airflow, this lil thing is just a flavor beast.

Please try an inexpensive Squonk mod...if I had an extra I'd send you one. It's so nice not dripping. After a while you squonk the mod unconsciously, simply awesome.. :)

I'm not sure a) what a squonk mod has to do with a NaRDA; or b) what you mean by "inexpensive".

I just had another look at the narda, but aside from airflow and flavor considerations, it's got those goddamned annoying o-rings for closure, and I have the WORST time with o-ring capped RDAs; I can never get the stupid ass thing put back on straight, so it ends up taking 10 minutes to get the cap back on, and half the time I spill the contents while doing so. If it had a threaded cap, I might actually give it a try, though the arrangement of the side-air is very similar to a Veritas -- which I was also assured could be shut off completely, and yeah, it can, but if you want just a smidge of air so the wick doesn't burn, then it's too airy, and with the o-ring closure of the cap and airflow, it's damned near impossible to get it exactly the way you want.

Just being able to shut the external airflow doesn't automagically guarantee a good MtL vape -- the Achilles 2 is proof of that! (and the Veritas was too). The inner airhole has to be very small too, and it needs to be directly under the coil and wick.

And while I can understand not wanting to drip constantly, because I wouldn't wanna do that either, with the Achilles' deep well, I need to add liquid twice, maybe 3 times, a day. I don't consider that "constantly". Because of the severe gunk problem with my ADV, the squonking thing would just end up backwashing brown gunk into the bottle. And THAT is why I went looking for an RDA I could love.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria...while I was digging around looking for the bottom feed pin for a NarDa, I found two low-profile REO mods I forgot about...brand new still wrapped, if you would like to try squonking, I'd be happy to send one to you to use until you buy one if you like squonking. Hell, I'd probably just say keep the mod. PM me your address if interested.

Well that's very nice of you, and I appreciate it... but as I said, squonking would just be a huge problem with my ADV, because of the gunking/backwash problem; that's why I had to stop using Kayfuns and go strictly to RDAs. That way, if some of the juice in the well does get browned, I can just dump it, and it's not very much wastage. I've had the same ADV since Dec 2014, and I still love it, so I don't think that'll be changing anytime soon.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just reading some posts on the other site regarding stockpiling. It amazes me how many people feel it's their obligation to tell others they're basically idiots for stockpiling, nothing will happen after 8/8.

Never could figure out why some feel the need to tell others what they should spend their own money on.

Fucking goofballs....:cuss2::gaah: :headbang:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was just reading some posts on the other site regarding stockpiling. It amazes me how many people feel it's their obligation to tell others they're basically idiots for stockpiling, nothing will happen after 8/8.

Never could figure out why some feel the need to tell others what they should spend their own money on.

Because people just fucking suck

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The truth is, no one really knows how it is going to shake out.

But with all the weird state laws coming into play and some of the interpretations of the FDA rules uncertain, I think you are crazy to not stockpile what you are reasonably able to.

I currently know only five vapers in my town, and two of them are totally clueless. One thinks it's a GOOD THING :eek: and the other I'm married to so being a guy, only knows what I tell him :giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The truth is, no one really knows how it is going to shake out.

But with all the weird state laws coming into play and some of the interpretations of the FDA rules uncertain, I think you are crazy to not stockpile what you are reasonably able to.

I currently know only five vapers in my town, and two of them are totally clueless. One thinks it's a GOOD THING :eek: and the other I'm married to so being a guy, only knows what I tell him :giggle:
Exactly, I certainly didn't purchase anything that will spoil or rot within the next five-ten years.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I actually did donate a small part of my stash budget to

Right To Be Smoke-Free Coalition, Inc., the group of vape shop owners et al that are suing the FDA

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Exactly, I certainly didn't purchase anything that will spoil or rot within the next five-ten years.

If this FDA shit and all the backwards thinking on vaping went away tomorrow I would still be happy with all the shit I stockpiled recently.

And - I could PIF all the old outdated shit I stockpiled two years ago that I'm reluctant to part with :facepalm:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this FDA shit and all the backwards thinking on vaping went away tomorrow I would still be happy with all the shit I stockpiled recently.

And - I could PIF all the old outdated shit I stockpiled two years ago that I'm reluctant to part with :facepalm:
You want about 20 Vivi Novas I picked up for .39 each with 3 coils each?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don want nuthin named Wanko with white stuff on it!

I can imagine offering someone to try out my Wankoo_O
Here take a pull on my Wanko :kickbutt:
I think I will just wait on a dripper named Penis?

This is starting to sound like you are going to switch over to Nic-o-dick

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I really don't think much will change online due to the FDA regs because there is nothing about buying.

Nic will always be available from China and India (which is in about 90% of your juice currently).
New products and flavors will continue to come out, but overseas.

Even 2 years from now when the real ban comes into effect -- Fasttech and Gearbest don't give a shit about the FDA.
Either does the Vaping Underground for that matter.. we aren't hosted in the USA :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't think much will change online due to the FDA regs because there is nothing about buying.

Nic will always be available from China and India (which is in about 90% of your juice currently).

Even 2 years from now when the real ban comes into effect -- Fasttech and Gearbest don't give a shit about the FDA.
Either does the Vaping Underground for that matter.. we aren't hosted in the USA :)
Actually it might change a lot because if it is not legal then you will not be able to use credit cards and such online to buy illegal stuff.
They will just decline the authorization.
already happening here on some state levels.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've noticed that some of you are wondering what to do with all that kanthal wire you have.... ahem. That's what I still use. If anyone has any 29ga they aren't going to be using anymore... :huh:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually it might change a lot because if it is not legal then you will not be able to use credit cards and such online to buy illegal stuff.
They will just decline the authorization.
already happening here on some state levels.

I guess we'll all have to get bitcoin accounts.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Smooth move Joe....congratulations, forsooth thinking....!

Thank god for the Underground....:vino:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors