Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sharing this just for the music.... yeah yeah, just the music :D

Hahahaha.. I LOVE the classics...
FastTimes_086Pyxurz.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was all Hank's fault! I swear!
I don't doubt it for a second.

LOOK at the head room in that car, will ya?!? Remember when we didn't have to Origami to get in a damn car?! I LOVE all the tech in a Chevy Volt. Came with everything except what it REALLY needs. A Shoehorn..

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

LOOK at the head room in that car, will ya?!? Remember when we didn't have to Origami to get in a damn car?! I LOVE all the tech in a Chevy Volt. Came with everything except what it REALLY needs. A Shoehorn..

It would help if you stopped wearing those ridiculous swashbuckler hats

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gotta say, the Wismec Presa is a piece of shit. Refuses to stay in TC mode. At first it wouldnt stay in TC mode unless I set it to TC and let it go out of set up on its own and as long as I was using it, no problem. Set it down for a while and straight back into power mode and would have to swap it back again. Now it wont stay in TC at all. So its a wasted $35 because i got it mainly to do TC with.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta say, the Wismec Presa is a piece of shit. Refuses to stay in TC mode. At first it wouldnt stay in TC mode unless I set it to TC and let it go out of set up on its own and as long as I was using it, no problem. Set it down for a while and straight back into power mode and would have to swap it back again. Now it wont stay in TC at all. So its a wasted $35 because i got it mainly to do TC with.

At this very moment, the RX200 is not a mod to be tossed aside lightly either. I may have penetrated both sides of the drywall...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Bummer - seems to me that about half the mods out there right now have TC issues if all the complaints I read on here are accurate

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I dunno, we have a Silverado. It needs an elevator. :D But I've gotten really good at grabbing the panic bar, putting my right foot on the step-up bar, and swinging myself up and into the truck. The hardest part was learning, when I'm getting into the passenger side, to start with my RIGHT foot... :facepalm:

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"The device is too hot" Yah, I'LL be the judge of that...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno, we have a Silverado. It needs an elevator. :D But I've gotten really good at grabbing the panic bar, putting my right foot on the step-up bar, and swinging myself up and into the truck. The hardest part was learning, when I'm getting into the passenger side, to start with my RIGHT foot... :facepalm:

Andria

I alternate between an F450 and a Chevy Volt. It isn't an easy transition, either way.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I alternate between an F450 and a Chevy Volt. It isn't an easy transition, either way.

Heh, I guess not. :D This Silverado is higher than our last one; that one, I could get my butt on the seat and then just swing myself around; I think it used 18" tires. This one uses 20", and I have to step up on the bar and swing myself in with the panic bar. Not really sure how my husband manages; he's 2" shorter than I am, and has shorter legs too. :D But he's a former Marine -- no obstacles in that man's path -- if he can't go around or over, he goes THROUGH. :D

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh, I guess not. :D This Silverado is higher than our last one; that one, I could get my butt on the seat and then just swing myself around; I think it used 18" tires. This one uses 20", and I have to step up on the bar and swing myself in with the panic bar. Not really sure how my husband manages; he's 2" shorter than I am, and has shorter legs too. :D But he's a former Marine -- no obstacles in that man's path -- if he can't go around or over, he goes THROUGH. :D

Andria

I'm 6', with a 60" inseam. Which puts my head right about where everyone says it is... ;)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How can you be 6 ft tall, with a 5ft inseam?

Andria

It's just a guess. I'm ALWAYS at the back of the seat rails. It's just HABIT now. Get in, move the seat as far back as it will go...

I used to have a 36" inseam. Now, either the floor is getting higher, or mah junk is getting lower. I suspect the latter..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's just a guess. I'm ALWAYS at the back of the seat rails. It's just HABIT now. Get in, move the seat as far back as it will go...

I used to have a 36" inseam. Now, either the floor is getting higher, or mah junk is getting lower. I suspect the latter..

Yeah, I don't think the inseam would change, except perhaps to get shorter -- men get shorter as they get older too, it's just a slower process than it is with women. When I was 18, I wore a 34" inseam (of course, in '79, jeans were SUPPOSED to drag the ground, and there were those platform shoes!). Now a 30" is just about right -- but I don't wear platforms anymore, and the style is shorter now. But, I was definitely 5'7" for most of my life... somehow over the last decade or so, I've become 5'6". :sad: :facepalm:

Most men have inseam length that is roughly half their height or a bit less, based on typical physiognomy of males, who tend to have shorter legs, proportionally, than females.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Nothing to worry about yet....guy who works for me claims he teabags the toilet every morning. I told him to use an (empty) five gallon pail till I could figure something out......:vino:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, my tour of duty as American Ambassador to the Swiss is over. Not sure how good I did. If you go there, and they think every American straps on a big handgun in the morning, and smokes 3 batteries a day, guilty.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nor am i....just trying to help the ol fella out....I'll label it the "Moueix Potty Chair"...with a black maker. That should get him thinking while donning & doffing the crown.

Now I shouldn't hear screaming and vulgar language in the restroom any longer. Yur really great Mo, always findin a simple solution for a sensitive disenfranchised employee.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've always found that lube is the key to getting into tight spaces.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We're more sorry than you Paul. You've been missed! I hope things settle down to "I can goof off" levels soon.
Thank you. I hope I can work in a little goof off time soon! I could use a vacation. Find a state that's nice and cool .

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I hope I can work in a little goof off time soon! I could use a vacation. Find a state that's nice and cool .

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Gotta catch up on a backlog of paperwork and bills now that my schedule is free. I'm seriously thinking of strapping a tent, sleeping bag and some provisions to the scoot, and doing a few weeks of Walkabout. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan sounds as good a place to start as any. Been more than a little, since I've seen the Tahquamenon falls.. Maybe over to Rushmore.... the possibilities are endless.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I don't think the inseam would change, except perhaps to get shorter -- men get shorter as they get older too, it's just a slower process than it is with women. When I was 18, I wore a 34" inseam (of course, in '79, jeans were SUPPOSED to drag the ground, and there were those platform shoes!). Now a 30" is just about right -- but I don't wear platforms anymore, and the style is shorter now. But, I was definitely 5'7" for most of my life... somehow over the last decade or so, I've become 5'6". :sad: :facepalm:

Most men have inseam length that is roughly half their height or a bit less, based on typical physiognomy of males, who tend to have shorter legs, proportionally, than females.

Andria

That puts me at around 6' 2" - 6' 3" then, got an inseam of about 37" - 37.5" depending on who makes the pants, how. But when I am checked I measure in at 5' 11", I just round and tell folks I'm 6' 0". Used to be all of 5' 3", the first round of testosterone made me grow roughly 9" taller in about a week. From my understanding it was meant to be a process taking about 6 months to a year. Talk about a week of pain. So delicious.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love it when I hear about guys accidentally falling in because someone left it up :giggle:

Me and wife on honeymoon. She had gotten up and deliberately lifted the seat before she left the bathroom. I go in still zombied out of it, go to make poo. Sploosh!

"Remember that feeling, so you never forget to put it back down for me," she told me.

Never have forgotten. I'm always glad she is S-M-R-T-R than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors