Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping worked for me.
Quit smoking and lost around 30 lbs.

I was still on a post-holidays diet when I started vaping, and then quit smoking, and I kept losing weight, since I was able to vape while watching TV instead of pigging out on chips and cookies while waiting for a smoke break, er, commercial. Then I had the appendix thing, lost a BUNCH of weight, and it took a while to gain it back... and around then, I started being able to taste my food again... *sigh* Love those Fudge Mint cookies! :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was still on a post-holidays diet when I started vaping, and then quit smoking, and I kept losing weight, since I was able to vape while watching TV instead of pigging out on chips and cookies while waiting for a smoke break, er, commercial. Then I had the appendix thing, lost a BUNCH of weight, and it took a while to gain it back... and around then, I started being able to taste my food again... *sigh* Love those Fudge Mint cookies! :giggle:

Andria

Similar issue - I didn't know food was as good as it is. I hadn't really tasted any since I was a kid :facepalm:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Never lost my sense of taste or smell from smoking but it was muted.
Now with tastes being stronger I have to cut down on spices and such.

I didn't either, being a super-taster.

At first I didn't lose or gain with vaping, but then my taste buds/sense of smell went bat shit.

I think my biggest downfall right now is I crave fruit juice constantly and am drinking over a gallon a week easy.

I used to drink mainly water and black coffee. Now I'm slugging juice constantly - and I'm avoiding sugar added or god forbid, high fructose corn syrup, but the natural sugars seem to be taking a toll.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never lost my sense of taste or smell from smoking but it was muted.
Now with tastes being stronger I have to cut down on spices and such.

Can't handle BBQ chips any more and same with similar stuff.

I'd imagine your gustatory sense is suffering the same overload my olfactory sense is -- I already had a nose like any regular canine, but now that I don't smoke... I think I'm in bloodhound territory now. :giggle: It drives my husband batshit, my intolerance of strong odors, but I just told him... just imagine how it feels on THIS side of this nose! :D

There is only one thing I previously liked a lot and now, just cannot tolerate: italian sausage. I still love the breakfast kind, but the italian sausage tastes and smells gamey to me now.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't either, being a super-taster.

At first I didn't lose or gain with vaping, but then my taste buds/sense of smell went bat shit.

I think my biggest downfall right now is I crave fruit juice constantly and am drinking over a gallon a week easy.

I used to drink mainly water and black coffee. Now I'm slugging juice constantly - and I'm avoiding sugar added or god forbid, high fructose corn syrup, but the natural sugars seem to be taking a toll.
You are not putting enough alcohol in your fruit juices.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Similar issue - I didn't know food was as good as it is. I hadn't really tasted any since I was a kid :facepalm:

Maybe that's why this canteloupe is so fucking amazing. It's like somebody turned up the volume knob on the canteloupe! First one I've had this year, and it's nearly two yrs since that foul stinkweed touched my lips. :) Lordamercy, I can't wait to taste a Granny Smith apple! :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey chopper. How went the stress test?

Andria

No stress test yet, Doc is talking wild shit like an angiogram. Gave me an EKG and said their was some irregularities on it so today he changed my meds around, instead of one pill a day gotta take three now, and have to get blood work done, an electrocardiogram and then two stress tests, one relaxing and one getting heart rate up, and go from there. Not too happy about it all :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No stress test yet, Doc is talking wild shit like an angiogram. Gave me an EKG and said their was some irregularities on it so today he changed my meds around, instead of one pill a day gotta take three now, and have to get blood work done, an electrocardiogram and then two stress tests, one relaxing and one getting heart rate up, and go from there. Not too happy about it all :(

Well that sucks. When I was having all my anxiety/PTSD/stress problems, I developed a very annoying and kinda scary arrhythmia; it would feel like it actually "skipped" a beat, then my CNS would wake up and go OH SHIT! and really thump it hard, giving me a jolt of adrenaline straight to my stomach. It was maddening. I finally told a doc about it, and of course, he sent me to a cardiologist, who wanted a cardiac ultrasound. Well naturally the damn thing didn't skip-thump while I was lying down on a cold table with my shirt off. So they wanted me to wear this monitor thing, which would have cost some ungodly amount of money, I said no way, it's not THAT bad. So they told me to cut down on caffeine, and naturally, that I should immediately quit smoking. Uh, yeah, doc, I'll get right on that. NOT! I did cut down on caffeine though, and it helped. What helped most was Effexor and professional care and finally getting over all that bullshit and menopause.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that sucks. When I was having all my anxiety/PTSD/stress problems, I developed a very annoying and kinda scary arrhythmia; it would feel like it actually "skipped" a beat, then my CNS would wake up and go OH SHIT! and really thump it hard, giving me a jolt of adrenaline straight to my stomach. It was maddening. I finally told a doc about it, and of course, he sent me to a cardiologist, who wanted a cardiac ultrasound. Well naturally the damn thing didn't skip-thump while I was lying down on a cold table with my shirt off. So they wanted me to wear this monitor thing, which would have cost some ungodly amount of money, I said no way, it's not THAT bad. So they told me to cut down on caffeine, and naturally, that I should immediately quit smoking. Uh, yeah, doc, I'll get right on that. NOT! I did cut down on caffeine though, and it helped. What helped most was Effexor and professional care and finally getting over all that bullshit and menopause.

Andria
When I was going thru all that medical shit last year the anesthetist told me he has to stay alert when I am under because my heart likes to skip a beat or two at times.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was going thru all that medical shit last year the anesthetist told me he has to stay alert when I am under because my heart likes to skip a beat or two at times.

I think it's a weak valve that causes it; that's what they told me, that one of my valves is probably marginally weaker than the other, not enough to be a big deal most of the time, but bothersome when I'm under stress. Caffeine increases the stress on the heart, so it's good that vaping also made me cut down on it quite a bit. Got my nic down to 4mg, and the ticker seems happy enough. :) And no more CO, which I'm sure my heart just LOVES. :)

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

GFY Evening, Fugees. Sorry to hear all this Doc. Getting older sucks. Docs been telling me one of the walls of my heart is getting thicker, like that is serious. I asked him which one, so I know which way to face when the shooting breaks out....

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hard to give this a "Like" when it's the kind of news that frustrates the crap outta you. :gaah:
Not that stress tests are any fun, but I'd take two of those over an angio any day of the week.
TCOY and do what the doc says, even if it's not what you had in mind for a good time.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
GFY Evening, Fugees. Sorry to hear all this Doc. Getting older sucks. Docs been telling me one of the walls of my heart is getting thicker, like that is serious. I asked him which one, so I know which way to face when the shooting breaks out....

Diggin' your big wheel,

and ROFLMA @ N.W.A.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The timing was terrible. Earlier this eve, had to go pick up my dawters friend from aforementioned Prestwick Village Snooty market. She quit because the butcher shop in said store of separately owned "markets" will not hire women, and the deli intentionally witholds service to blacks (and they must be rare) as long as they can. I can't imagine that the idea of this concerted effort originates from the student workers, but I plan to find out. Some stuff is just SO wrong, that any and EVERYone should be offended...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The timing was terrible. Earlier this eve, had to go pick up my dawters friend from aforementioned Prestwick Village Snooty market. She quit because the butcher shop in said store of separately owned "markets" will not hire women, and the deli intentionally witholds service to blacks (and they must be rare) as long as they can. I can't imagine that the idea of this concerted effort originates from the student workers, but I plan to find out. Some stuff is just SO wrong, that any and EVERYone should be offended...

WTF?!?!

Good old fashioned picket time

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe that's why this canteloupe is so fucking amazing. It's like somebody turned up the volume knob on the canteloupe! First one I've had this year, and it's nearly two yrs since that foul stinkweed touched my lips. :) Lordamercy, I can't wait to taste a Granny Smith apple! :D

Andria
Same here...I haven't had a Honeydew melon in a long time, bought a couple the other day, ate the whole damn thing it was so delicious.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My order from BCV should be here tomorrow. I'm so excited! I'll finally have some FA Marzipan, so I can try that sugary almond-apple tart recipe that HIC posted! :bliss:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Same here...I haven't had a Honeydew melon in a long time, bought a couple the other day, ate one whole melon the damn thing it was so delicious.

Reminds me of the first time I gave my baby cantaloupe

I can't stand the stuff so I didn't know it had a certain property of softening certain bodily functions.

She liked it so much, I let her have A LOT.

Poor thing shit bright orange for several days, lol. I had no idea....

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I can't stand the stuff so I didn't know it had a certain property of softening certain bodily functions.

OMG, my dawter once made a red velvet cake. Used the WHOLE bottle of red dye. "OMG Honey, I am SO sorry, but you have to come look at this. I think I am DYING!"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I didn't like it at all when I was a kid, but I LOVED watermelon. Now I'm almost the reverse -- I don't HATE watermelon, but just feel kinda "meh" about it, but now LOVE canteloupe. Never have been able to stand honeydew. Ick.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got home this evening from the docs and was standing there looking at my ol neglected Dyna and thinking to myself that it would not take much for me to strap my tent and sleeping bag on the back of it and just disappear. I could be in the rockies in three days of riding and just get lost out there without a care in the world.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got home this evening from the docs and was standing there looking at my ol neglected Dyna and thinking to myself that it would not take much for me to strap my tent and sleeping bag on the back of it and just disappear. I could be in the rockies in three days of riding and just get lost out there without a care in the world.
Funny, I've thought the same thing, MANY times.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thass my plan, Doc. If I can swing it, I'm going to try to get to California route 36 via the Upper Peninsula, Wisconsin, Minnesota, the Dakotas and Wyoming. Would be a damn memorable trip...

The Avon heated grips should be in by Saturday.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So, I did something I typically avoid - I clicked on an ad for juice on steamengine tonight because is said something like: worried about the FDA deeming regs? Don't worry, we'll always be here for you!

I wanted to see how they plan to be compliant. Instead, they have a notice that they can't sell to Indiana and a very expensive possible workaround.

Indiana and juice.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doc and Dale, you oughta join me. Wild Hawgs... lol....

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I did something I typically avoid - I clicked on an ad for juice on steamengine tonight because is said something like: worried about the FDA deeming regs? Don't worry, we'll always be here for you!

I wanted to see how they plan to be compliant. Instead, they have a notice that they can't sell to Indiana and a very expensive possible workaround.

View attachment 55888

Dang, is it August already?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thass my plan, Doc. If I can swing it, I'm going to try to get to California route 36 via the Upper Peninsula, Wisconsin, Minnesota, the Dakotas and Wyoming. Would be a damn memorable trip...

The Avon heated grips should be in by Saturday.

Sounds like my kind of riding, no interstates allowed!

Only way to see America!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like my kind of riding, no interstates allowed!

Only way to see America!

Hahaha... What's the saying, you're NEVER lost on a motorcycle! Just head west on pretty looking roads, until I can't.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahaha... What's the saying, you're NEVER lost on a motorcycle! Just head west on pretty looking roads, until I can't.
Everytime I went on a long ride there was always a general destination, but how we got there never mattered as long as it wasnt interstates.
Anytime anyone ask us where we was going we always told them wherever the gypsy wind blew us. ;)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everytime I went on a long ride there was always a general destination, but how we got there never mattered as long as it wasnt interstates.
Anytime anyone ask us where we was going we always told them wherever the gypsy wind blew us. ;)

Hell yes, man! I think I REALLY need this. I just HAVE to get away from Google News for a couple three weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors