Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How have I never heard of the Red Hot Chili Pipers?

I dunno. Hadn't heard of 'em either till witch comes in from work one evening, "you gots to look this shit up!" Got a few burned cds of them here that one of her co-workers cut for us. They crank out some good jamming on the pipes. Makes sense you ask me, they do Ac/Dc covers when Ac/Dc did pipes in Long Way To The Top. Recall Angus, Malcom, Bonny are all Scottish just dislocated to Australia. Or maybe you're of the keen you wish you nae had heard of them, now. * chuckles*

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That puts me at around 6' 2" - 6' 3" then, got an inseam of about 37" - 37.5" depending on who makes the pants, how. But when I am checked I measure in at 5' 11", I just round and tell folks I'm 6' 0". Used to be all of 5' 3", the first round of testosterone made me grow roughly 9" taller in about a week. From my understanding it was meant to be a process taking about 6 months to a year. Talk about a week of pain. So delicious.

It's just a rough estimate. 5'11" is 71 inches, so you just have slightly longer legs than the "norm" -- by this point in my life, I've figured out that there really is no "norm" when it comes to human bodies -- I know my own inseam length because women's pants don't fit me at all, unless they're stretchy; otherwise, to get them big enough in the waist, they look like clown pants in the hips! And that was true even when I was skinny as a rail -- got normal sized female hips, but never have had that indented waist.

I bet that fast growing gave you stretch marks. :D I've got them on my upper legs, since I was about 10 yrs old -- I grew tall REALLY fast in the years just prior to my pre-teens.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or maybe you're of the keen you wish you nae had heard of them, now. * chuckles*
Nope, definitely on my list of "Must check out more of this music" in part because I love unconventional music, whether it's using instruments that aren't normally associated with a genre, or using non-instruments to make music, or simply using instruments in unusual ways.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's. Been kinda busy for me so far this morning. Woke up, went to my pc and it was running kinda sluggish and got an error about memory. Didnt know whats up so restarted PC and then couldnt log on. Got some kinda of MDM error.

Long story short, I popped over to Linuxmint forums, put my problem down in the newbie section and it was almost instant help. Showed me exactly what I needed to do and problem is now solved. You never get that kind of tech support from Windows!

Oh, where is my manners. GYF yall :D

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope, definitely on my list of "Must check out more of this music" in part because I love unconventional music, whether it's using instruments that aren't normally associated with a genre, or using non-instruments to make music, or simply using instruments in unusual ways.
That's why I like mashups. Take 100 songs, grab little tiny snippets of each of them, and put them together to make an entirely new song. I like the creativity required in coming up with song choices and the technical skills to combine them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Today I'm doing the effiency test on a simple 4mm ID parallel 26ga build.
image.jpeg

So far I've got the numbers for a 26/32 fused Clapton and a triple parallel 30ga Radiator
image.jpeg

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I like mashups. Take 100 songs, grab little tiny snippets of each of them, and put them together to make an entirely new song. I like the creativity required in coming up with song choices and the technical skills to combine them

Don't make me post that Rick astley/nirvana Mashup!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thundering here also but radar doesnt show anything.

Well, it seems to be mostly outta here now; some of the green stuff on radar, but not much rain falling. But during the red/orange part of the storm, there was a LOT of high wind; a smallish tree in our backyard had its main part blown completely down and broken. Thank goodness none of the bigger trees right beside our house did that! Though I think some small limbs fell, I heard a couple of thumps around the chimney, on the side where those trees are.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's the damage:

downedtree.jpg

Andria

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got some crazy storms rolling through right now, Thunder and lightning like crazy

Good to know.

You might be interested in this.

Got the numbers for the parallel 26ga. Took 158 puffs at 66.6W to get through 5mL of 30/70. (pg/vg)

For comparison: (all coils 4mm ID, 8.4mm wide tested at 66.6W)
26/32ga fused Clapton: 195 puffs, 51,948Ws
26ga parallel: 158 puffs, 42,091.2Ws
30ga triple parallel: 96 puffs, 25,574.4Ws

Looks like the 28ga test tomorrow should use ~125 puffs/34,000Ws if the trend holds.

Seems high mass coils are good if you want a warm vape that doesn't plow through eliquid. While low mass coils produce much more vapor but it is cool.

I've cranked the 30ga coil up to 160W and got a warm vape but fucking hell it plowed through the juice :eek:. About 1mL for 5 puffs.

Last edited:

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
100ml?! That stuff is $75 for 10ml so that must've been expensive. Any thoughts on it?

I got it at the last Vape Summit in Houston last October. I bought 2 60ml bottles of 150mg and it's not bad! I mix it into a fruit type juice, but it's definitely got an acquired taste, but sure does have that distinctive aroma :). Whether it helps with aches and pains is debatable. They gave me a great deal at the show. Normally, each bottle is around $100. I got both for 70. It'll take awhile to go through it though. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got it at the last Vape Summit in Houston last October. I bought 2 60ml bottles of 150mg and it's not bad! I mix it into a fruit type juice, but it's definitely got an acquired taste, but sure does have that distinctive aroma :). Whether it helps with aches and pains is debatable. They gave me a great deal at the show. Normally, each bottle is around $100. I got both for 70. It'll take awhile to go through it though. A little goes a long way.

Goes a long way in terms of effects? Taste? I know it's kind of subjective, not psychoactive, etc. Just curious about it really

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Goes a long way in terms of effects? Taste? I know it's kind of subjective, not psychoactive, etc. Just curious about it really

In terms of taste. About a 10% mix into your juice is very noticeable in taste. And I was wrong about the size. They are 30ml bottles, so I got 60ml for $70. I'm thinking of setting up a tootle puffer setup and run this straight instead of mixing it. When I tested it before I bought it, I tested it in an ego type device, which would be really suitable for this. Might dig out the old Egos and see if they'll take a charge and try it out.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not that particular brand, but another brand, I have about 100ml left.

I have a bottle its not bad not that brand though. After doing the research on it i do find that some of the effects does help my arthritic pain. Who really knows.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a bottle its not bad not that brand though. After doing the research on it i do find that some of the effects does help my arthritic pain. Who really knows.
As I mentioned, I've been just adding it to my juices. I think I've been effectively diluting it too much. I'm going to try it straight out of the bottle. If it helps with all my arthritis pain, I'll buy a jug of the stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors