Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only from Chicago to St. Louis. But I HAVE been to the Blue Swallow Inn, and luxuriated in their refridgerated air! Should stop and see my Dad in Vegas, and find my way to it from there.
That's the problem riding this time of the year, 110 degree air in yur face makes it much less enjoyable. I usually head directly north toward Flagstaff, and thank God I make it alive.

The last time I rode up there I hit a swamp of bees, had 10 bites in back of my neck where several became impaled in my collar....:cuss2:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
amazing how things work out. Just put new shoes on the Barco Davidson and changed the juice in all the holes last month. :)

ooh, I had em change the front and rear pads too,, so THOSE are also fresh! HELLZ yah...

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the problem riding this time of the year, 110 degree air in yur face makes it much less enjoyable. I usually head directly north toward Flagstaff, and thank God I make it alive.

The last time I rode up there I hit a swamp of bees, had 10 bites in back of my neck where several became impaled in my collar....:cuss2:

Lol... I hit a swarm of Sweat bees last year, on a blacktop road. Went right into my shirt. I thought gravel was coming off my tires and hitting me in the chest, till I pulled over and it didn't stop! I was laughing my ass off as I stripped on the side of the road...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol... I hit a swarm of Sweat bees last year, on a blacktop road. Went right into my shirt. I thought gravel was coming off my tires and hitting me in the chest, till I pulled over and it didn't stop! I was laughing my ass off as I stripped on the side of the road...
I wasn't laughing, these were the africanized bees, stinging the living shit out of me. I had to stop in Flagstaff for a "shot", not to drink either...:xD::gaah::cuss2:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't laughing, these were the africanized bees, stinging the living shit out of me. I had to stop in Flagstaff for a "shot", not to drink either...:xD::gaah::cuss2:

Oh shiznit, THAT would be serious! These were just TINY little things.. can't imagine REAL stings like that...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh shiznit, THAT would be serious! These were just TINY little things.. can't imagine REAL stings like that...
Then on the way home I had an elk run across the road a few hundred feet in front....thought to myself who wants me dead today...!

First time for multiple bee stings, and a first for an elk too. Had some close calls with deer and antelope, but not elk.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then on the way home I had an elk run across the road a few hundred feet in front....thought to myself who wants me dead today...!

First time for multiple bee stings, and a first for an elk too. Had some close calls with deer and antelope, but not elk.

THAT would leave a mark! And Wyoming has those pesky Mice..

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to need to chronicle the trip somewhere. I guess I could just use a .docx file, but it would be a blast to do it here, ifn y'all wouldn't mind...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My ass was supposed to be in Ecuador 30+ days ago...the GF claims she's going to kill me for taking that state contract, she's been there for 60 days starting a real estate company, but her relatives live there, not so bad...I can get by not leaving for another month.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ass was supposed to be in Ecuador 30+ days ago...the GF claims she's going to kill me for taking that state contract, she's been there for 60 days starting a real estate company, but her relatives live there, not so bad...I can get by not leaving for another month.

God BLESS her! My Mrs. is tolerant like that. God bless HER too!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came out of an almost 3 year depression about a year ago. I had to sit the Mrs. down, and explain that the ONLY way I was going to get out of it was to say "FUG IT" to EVERYthing except the stuff that seriously and materially affects our well being and security. She has been VERY understanding, and it has worked amazingly.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
God BLESS her! My Mrs. is tolerant like that. God bless HER too!
Actually mine is the same way. I really couldn't ask for more tolerance....something about the S American gals, they think MUCH differently than girls round here, completely different. In a good way. Most understand the value of a dollar, unlike some I've run across in the past from here. Very family oriented, slightly religious, but very strong willed and intelligent. Most didn't have a pot to piss in most of their lives.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually mine is the same way. I really couldn't ask for more tolerance....something about the S American gals, they think MUCH differently than girls round here, completely different. In a good way. Most understand the value of a dollar, unlike some I've run across in the past from here. Very family oriented, slightly religious, but very strong willed and intelligent. Most didn't have a pot to piss in most of their lives.

PLUS they can be so HAWT! ;)
67efcc8f2fb106a4640e2a2685b6e4b9.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Half way to Vegas for you?

Never been though the Black Hills....only seen pictures on Natgeowild.....:giggle:

No, half way between you and I, not counting my extension up into the Upper Peninsula to get to Awesome, ASAP.
STURGIS is not too far from the Black Hills. Only seen pictures on TatGurlsGoWild. ;)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I came out of an almost 3 year depression about a year ago. I had to sit the Mrs. down, and explain that the ONLY way I was going to get out of it was to say "FUG IT" to EVERYthing except the stuff that seriously and materially affects our well being and security. She has been VERY understanding, and it has worked amazingly.
That's great Moo. Howdy all! Still at the beach and having a BLAST.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Robert Cromwell

Next time someone tells me that Claptons produce more vapor I'm getting this out.
View attachment 55934
So I've been experimenting with what I'm calling "the boden", since you seem to be very big on it, lol
Triple parallel 30g 316L (avs wire, obviously)
3mm and 7 wraps, on the wotofo conqueror.
I have two conquerors, one of them has this build, one has 30g tribraid. Similar resistance and performance profile, but they do act different. For me, the tribraid has a little bit better flavor, but the "boden" has a faster ramp.
I typically go wattage mode for my ss, but I've been experimenting with these two. Tribraid shines for me in wattage mode, where the "Boden" has MUCH better flavor in tc and performs very accurately.

These are both amazingly good in the Conqueror, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they beat FC's on density. But that's subjectively, not quantitatively. Also comparing them to SS framed staples, 28x2g/6x.4R/40g, they don't come close on vapor density or clouds, but fight tooth and nail on flavor, coming in just below the FSC, at least to me. Still though, it performs better than you'd think it would...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a day, hot and muggy. Watched the video circulating about the cop killing the guy in MN. I am at a loss for words, just turns my stomach. Anyway, Tedeschi Trucks Band tomorrow night! Going to be a great way way to start my weekend.

sent using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What a day, hot and muggy. Watched the video circulating about the cop killing the guy in MN. I am at a loss for words, just turns my stomach. Anyway, Tedeschi Trucks Band tomorrow night! Going to be a great way way to start my weekend.

sent using Tapatalk

Have fun dude - Moo is on a NWA kick...

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've been experimenting with what I'm calling "the boden", since you seem to be very big on it, lol
Triple parallel 30g 316L (avs wire, obviously)
3mm and 7 wraps, on the wotofo conqueror.
I have two conquerors, one of them has this build, one has 30g tribraid. Similar resistance and performance profile, but they do act different. For me, the tribraid has a little bit better flavor, but the "boden" has a faster ramp.
I typically go wattage mode for my ss, but I've been experimenting with these two. Tribraid shines for me in wattage mode, where the "Boden" has MUCH better flavor in tc and performs very accurately.

These are both amazingly good in the Conqueror, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they beat FC's on density. But that's subjectively, not quantitatively. Also comparing them to SS framed staples, 28x2g/6x.4R/40g, they don't come close on vapor density or clouds, but fight tooth and nail on flavor, coming in just below the FSC, at least to me. Still though, it performs better than you'd think it would...

Are you running them at the same wattage?

From my experience the tribraid will work better for flavors that need some hot air to warm up the vape. The flat triple produces almost no hot air so it workes really well with natural fruit flavors where you want a cool dense vape.

I'll have to come over to Louisville some time and make a build that you can test against anything you want.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are you running them at the same wattage?

From my experience the tribraid will work better for flavors that need some hot air to warm up the vape. The flat triple produces almost no hot air so it workes really well with natural fruit flavors where you want a cool dense vape.

I'll have to come over to Louisville some time and make a build that you can test against anything you want.
Yes same wattage. It's just a totally subjective comparison. I should experiment more with the oval shape on the triple parallel. The two I was testing were just 3mm round.

I'm actually closer to your neck of the woods today, came down to the family farm which is outside of Danville. It's changed a lot since I was last down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors