Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just another obvious observation: Why has CASAA abandoned ECF?

I even put up a thread in the CASAA subforum asking why CASAA was putting updates on their blog and FB page but there were no updates regarding what the hell was going on at ECF? Not one word of response when the deeming regulations came out even. Someone from CASAA replied, admitted it was remiss - but then never put up any updates either.

Considering one of the ECF moderators is an alleged "CASAA liaison moderator" - whatever the hell that is supposed to mean...

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Heh, no shit. "But the moderators can be as rude and obnoxious as they like."

Andria

They can be all sort of things the wee folk can't, 'cause they're speshul... (Double standard bastards.)

Gotta go compose my why I left rant post. Sorry - it will be tldr - just because it speaks to the absurdity of what happened.

Been logged out for over twelve hours now - and it feels good.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They can be all sort of things the wee folk can't, 'cause they're speshul... (Double standard bastards.)

Gotta go compose my why I left rant post. Sorry - it will be tldr - just because it speaks to the absurdity of what happened.

Been logged out for over twelve hours now - and it feels good.

What felt really good to me was replacing all the ECF links and banners at my site with VU banners. :D The only link I left was to the article about WTA in the ECF library, in my own About-WTA article.

Andria

ETA: I think it's perfectly obvious that ECF is run by a Brit -- they're all so used to their social hierarchy, with Lords and Ladies over all the "common" people. Just like the English nobility, the ECF mods can get away with pretty much anything they like. Stupid gits, to use a brit expression. ;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
ETA: I think it's perfectly obvious that ECF is run by a Brit -- they're all so used to their social hierarchy, with Lords and Ladies over all the "common" people. Just like the English nobility, the ECF mods can get away with pretty much anything they like. Stupid gits, to use a brit expression. ;)

BWhahaha! So funny but so true:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What felt really good to me was replacing all the ECF links and banners at my site with VU banners. :D The only link I left was to the article about WTA in the ECF library, in my own About-WTA article.

Andria

IMO it's become obvious that ECF has been abandoned by a Brit, control of which was turned over to one very specific moderator - from Canada. I don't think the site owner understood the implications of this until it became too late and either he doesn't have the cojones to fix it, or he doesn't care.

It's funny(?) how fast that transition happened. When Retread1 showed up he/she became a moderator within 90 days of joining. That was the first red flag. Back in early 2013 ECF was so busy and so large no one had the street cred to become a moderator that fast - hell back then you couldn't even figure out how to find your way around there in 90 days. But Retread appeared, presumably with a whole lotta "Oh here, let me help you!" ass kissing in the background, and a newbie turned moderator in record time.

You know anyone that earnest to become a moderator is going to be trouble. Why, you would swear he/she joins forums just for the purpose of taking control of them. :rolleyes: As an actual content contributor? Yeah - that pretty much never had a chance to happen before the brown shirt was bestowed.

And nothing has been the same ever since...

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMO it's become obvious that ECF has been abandoned by a Brit, control of which was turned over to one very specific moderator - from Canada. I don't think the site owner understood the implications of this until it became too late and either he doesn't have the cojones to fix it, or he doesn't care.

It's funny(?) how fast that transition happened. When Retread1 showed up he/she became a moderator within 90 days of joining. That was the first red flag. Back in early 2013 ECF was so busy and so large no one had the street cred to become a moderator that fast - hell back then you couldn't even figure out how to find your way around there in 90 days. But Retread appeared, presumably with a whole lotta "Oh here, let me help you!" ass kissing in the background, and a newbie turned moderator in record time.

You know anyone that earnest to become a moderator is going to be trouble. Why, you would swear he/she joins forums just for the purpose of taking control of them. :rolleyes: As an actual content contributor? Yeah - that pretty much never has a chance to happen before the brown shirt was bestowed.

Well hell, I never even knew it existed till Jan 2014! I think the fact that I lasted 25 months speaks volumes for my ability to eat shit... but there comes a point... where I just ain't takin' it another minute. Really good thing it wasn't an in-person showdown between Retarded1 and myself, because when I reach that point, my previously mild temper becomes VIOLENT. Just ask my husband. :D

At one point, someone over there pointed out how much I hung around, that they oughta make ME a moderator, which I IMMEDIATELY disclaimed! No way, no how, no sir! And same for this place -- for the rational consideration that moderators can't ignore ANYBODY, they have to put up with ALL the stupid shit and trolls and idiots, so they know when and where and whom to moderate! I'm nowhere close to being nice or diplomatic enough for that shit! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my fine fugee fucker friends... where the hell is everyone tonight? It's Friday night! Let's get this joint jumpin'!:bunny:

:giggle::devil:
Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees....see it's been an eventful day both here and in the news.....crazy shit happening, I do know that much.

It was one hot SOB here...finally finished my state prison job, one I'll never bid again in the future....way too much bureaucracy for this Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) kinda guy.....:facepalm:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried out that HIC "sugary almond-apple tart" recipe today. It's not bad, but just way too weak for THESE tastebuds -- only 6% flavoring, and I'm used to nearly 30%. :D So I'm gonna goose it up a little. Bring it at least up to 10%-12%.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You know anyone that earnest to become a moderator is going to be trouble. Why, you would swear he/she joins forums just for the purpose of taking control of them. :rolleyes: As an actual content contributor? Yeah - that pretty much never had a chance to happen before the brown shirt was bestowed.

My personal theory is that Retired1 is/was OldSoldier. Wore out his welcome, changed names, and they waited those 90 days to reinstate his moderatorness hoping no one would notice. I've seen it proselytized before, and having been the victim of OldSoldier meself once, the dickiness factor is remarkably consistent.

Evening fugees. Survived 220 miles or so of backroads today, and a thunderstorm with hail. I took refuge with a Lake Superior Whitefish with wild rice, wild vegetables, wild mushrooms, a few tame Traverse city cherries and a couple of absolutely wild bartenderessess at the Real Seafood Company. One must practice before embarking on a venture of endurance.

Edit!: Ooops, GFY! I don't want anyone to feel missed.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody buy one of the TFV8 tanks?

I have to admit, this is the first tank I've bought with both factory coils and an RDA which has excellent flavor using either type coil. At 125 watts with 100% VG DIY jooce, not even a hint of a dry hit using kanthal.

Two Aromamizer Supreme tanks showed up today, SS & Black, from what I've read this is supposed to be a good tank. I'll find out tomorrow after doing some research on wicking - etc.

Hopefully the stockpile is officially stockpiled, no more buying for this guy.....at least not until I see another squonker I just can't live without.....:)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have to admit, this is the first tank I've bought with both factory coils and an RDA which has excellent flavor using either type coil. At 125 watts with 100% VG DIY jooce, not even a hint of a dry hit using kanthal.

Two Aromamizer Supreme tanks showed up today, SS & Black, from what I've read this is supposed to be a good tank. I'll find out tomorrow after doing some research on wicking - etc.

Hopefully the stockpile is officially stockpiled, no more buying for this guy.....at least not until I see another squonker I just can't live without.....:)

Enablers. Enablers everywhere...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My personal theory is that Retired1 is/was OldSoldier. Wore out his welcome, changed names, and they waited those 90 days to reinstate his moderatorness hoping no one would notice. I've seen it proselytized before, and having been the victim of OldSoldier meself once, the dickiness factor is remarkably consistent.

Evening fugees. Survived 220 miles or so of backroads today, and a thunderstorm with hail. I took refuge with a Lake Superior Whitefish with wild rice, wild vegetables, wild mushrooms, a few tame Traverse city cherries and a couple of absolutely wild bartenderessess at the Real Seafood Company. One must practice before embarking on a venture of endurance.

Edit!: Ooops, GFY! I don't anyone to feel missed.
Now that sounds like the perfect day, minus the storm....!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The trouble is, when you get something new and it kicks ass, you have to stockpile a buttload of them these days, not just a spare :grumpy:

EDIT: I don't have any of those tanks....

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that sounds like the perfect day, minus the storm....!

The storm was just a good excuse for lunch. And it cleaned it off pretty good too, after I took the chamois to it. I actually had to ride INTO it. I was watching the little "Bay City 22mi" etc, run down as I got closer, quick. I was taking off my gloves nestled safely at the bar when it hit. Close, but no deluge. I got a little wet at the bar, though.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The storm was just a good excuse for lunch. And it cleaned it off pretty good too, after I took the chamois to it. I actually had to ride INTO it. I was watching the little "Bay City 22mi" etc, run down as I got closer, quick. I was taking off my gloves nestled safely at the bar when it hit. Close, but no deluge. I got a little wet at the bar, though.
Perfection Mo.....:bliss:....:vino:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The trouble is, when you get something new and it kicks ass, you have to stockpile a buttload of them these days, not just a spare :grumpy:

That's why I'm frothing at the mouth about the Achilles. THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM ANYMORE!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :cry: If they did, I'd have 10 of the lil bastards. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Oh I know all too well Juice...but, I'm officially done buying any more vape gear for a while (i hope).....:)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a chunk of Mammoth tusk, for Vaughn (Kiwi New Zealand) to make a squonker with....said he couldn't guarantee anything but will give it a shot.

Sounds SUPER cool. I see things of Mammoth tusk, and I think about how OLD that has to be! Good luck with that awesome project!

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick good evening fugees and GFY. I can't stop buying vape gear. Just ordered a council of vapor Tempest triple 18650 to mod. And have my eye on another avlyfe able mod.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any beer aficianado's? NOT a craft beer person. Too many misses for me. But Happy Hour was any beer on the menu for $4, so I just picked the highest regular price they had, and got this. It was very unusual, and really tasty. I enjoyed it. Glad I took THAT chance.

odd-side-ales-bean-flicker.jpg

Ooops, this label doesn't show it as a blonde ale with coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors