ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any beer aficianado's? NOT a craft beer person. Too many misses for me. But Happy Hour was any beer on the menu for $4, so I just picked the highest regular price they had, and got this. It was very unusual, and really tasty. I enjoyed it. Glad I took THAT chance.

odd-side-ales-bean-flicker.jpg

Ooops, this label doesn't show it as a blonde ale with coffee.
Hmmm, might have to try that one. BeerMenu says the closest place to me that has it is in Centreville, MI, 50 miles away. If I want to buy a 6 pack, looks like ChiTown, 60 miles away. Dammit, why can't I ever find the beers people talk about locally?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm, might have to try that one. BeerMenu says the closest place to me that has it is in Centreville, MI, 50 miles away. If I want to buy a 6 pack, looks like ChiTown, 60 miles away. Dammit, why can't I ever find the beers people talk about locally?
Shitty liquor stores? lol

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the Velocity mini is easy it comes with a squonk pin.
Just set up my new Velocity mini for my new squonker. Tried a single coil between the posts build, not sure that's the way to go with it even though I've seen some people say that's how they like it. We'll see, but I just might rebuild it before the day is over. So far though I'm thinking it is a good atty, especially for a newbie squonker like myself. Plenty of room for juice, I think it'll be hard to oversquonk this.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just set up my new Velocity mini for my new squonker. Tried a single coil between the posts build, not sure that's the way to go with it even though I've seen some people say that's how they like it. We'll see, but I just might rebuild it before the day is over. So far though I'm thinking it is a good atty, especially for a newbie squonker like myself. Plenty of room for juice, I think it'll be hard to oversquonk this.
What do you have it on?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GM GFY to you too, all everyone else.
Got home yesterday afternoon with a buttload of shrimp. Boiled some, and made gumbo with the others. SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!!! But, after eating I completely zonked out at 8. lol
Here's a pic of me and Mikayla (friend's daughter). I don't know why in the world it looks like I'm rapsta posing.
upload_2016-7-9_8-48-53.png

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got home yesterday afternoon with a buttload of shrimp. Boiled some, and made gumbo with the others. SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!!! But, after eating I completely zonked out at 8. lol
Here's a pic of me and Mikayla (friend's daughter). I don't know why in the world it looks like I'm rapsta posing.
View attachment 56027
Atcha, why are you holding yer junk? lol

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shitty liquor stores? lol
I live in BFE. Though amazingly our little tiny (under 2000 people) town has a grocery store with a bigger craft beer selection that the liquor stores in the big city of South Bend, IN (closest city to me) they still mostly only stock the semi-local craft beers. There are quite a large number of breweries in SW Michigan and Northern Indiana.

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I live in BFE. Though amazingly our little tiny (under 2000 people) town has a grocery store with a bigger craft beer selection that the liquor stores in the big city of South Bend, IN (closest city to me) they still mostly stock the semi-local craft beers. There are quite a large number of breweries in SW Michigan and Northern Indiana.
I like beer too. That's what I had at the beach. Usually just stick to Bud Light though.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 56027
I'm jumping in the car now, better still be some of that gumbo left by the time I make it to Texas!:D

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 4 R25s and 2 VTC4s that I dedicate to my mechs. Typically my builds have been around .5ohm on my mechs, so the R25s are what I usually use. I have a roll of SS, I think 26 gage, but have yet to build a coil from it. I also have 24, 26, and 28 gage kanthal, and a few varieties of clapton wire.
I was figuring 26 gage kanthal dual coils, aiming for between .4 and .5 but maybe I'll give the SS a try.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 4 R25s and 2 VTC4s that I dedicate to my mechs. Typically my builds have been around .5ohm on my mechs, so the R25s are what I usually use. I have a roll of SS, I think 26 gage, but have yet to build a coil from it. I also have 24, 26, and 28 gage kanthal, and a few varieties of clapton wire.
I was figuring 26 gage kanthal dual coils, aiming for between .4 and .5 but maybe I'll give the SS a try.
26g 316l duals 10wrap 3mm will be .3ish

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Juice...I seen a site with quite a few tea flavored extracts, can't remember where either...Let the search begin...:tldr:

Andria and you have me on a mission from god now, especially if I can figure out the orange blossom honey extract, if there is a such an extract without mixing to find the flavor.....:)

Simply love iced tea, with any kinda honey....:bliss:...:confetti:

Do let us know if you can find a flavor like orange blossom honey. To me, that stuff tastes like "sunshine." Regular honey is NOTHING like it, all whangy and sour, ugh. Really hate clover honey, but orange blossom... mmm, that's the stuff.

A place here called Georgia Honey Farms uses my husband's company for their pkging/shipping svc.... my husband works on the dock, packing and shipping, so he talks to the Honey guy, and told him how much I LOOOOOOOOOOVE orange blossom honey. 'Bout a week ago, doorbell rings, it's UPS.. with a big box... which contained 2 lb-jars of orange blossom honey!!! :bliss:

:)
Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 56027
Missed ya girl.
Now how touristy is that place :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY :)

Gotta do some mixing today, running out of some flavors of juice :(
Order some more. :)
Missed ya girl.
Now how touristy is that place :)
Awe, missed you too!!! It's REAL touristy now. Wasn't like that in the early 80's. We'd camp out on the beach back then and have a bon fire going, cook out, etc. Not anymore. But it was still so much fun!!!!!

VapinVegas01

Member For 4 Years
lol, I just busted the idea of my walkabout on the Mrs. when she got home from PATD. "Thinking about heading up for some sales calls Sunday or Monday, in North Minn and Wisconsin, then head over to see my Dad in Vegas with a pass through the north states. Prolly be 2 to 3 weeks" She was just "Wear your helmet!" then proceeded to regale me for the last hour and a half with PATD stories. To which I listened ATTENTIVELY, with full focus. Lest she have time to think about that, realize how awesome she is, and lord that shit over me.
You're coming to Vegas? PM me, and we will have to go have a libation. It's hot here ya' know. Hydration is important.
Dconnor

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OHH so sorry :rolleyes:
It's all good. I'm so sore anyway it'll be nice to get back to my cubicle. lol
I'll be happier when the slowass mailman gets here. I need my HE2's, dammit! :D It's past noon! Asshole is BEHIND SCHEDULE!!!! :D

Andria
lol. Patience my dear, patience. I know it sucks waiting for that vape mail. :vapemail:

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon Fugees. got to get some juices made today for my upcoming trip to Cali. Going for 8 days so i am thinking 6 30ml bottles. i only drip so i go through juice. Hope everybody's weekend is going good.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugees...(i mean) morning for me anyway.....:vino:
Yesterday I begin writing I'm DONE buying for a long time......wake this morning with $200.00 in paid invoices.....:cuss2:

"For this too shall pass"....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors