Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, and GFY!
Also, fuck the super springs that XTAR uses in the VC4. I've been telling myself for quite some time now that I need to buy some battery wraps so I'll have 'em when I need 'em. The time has come to stop putting it off. Just found a nick in the wrap of one of my mech dedicated 25Rs and I think it's from my charger.:cuss2:

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, and GFY!
Also, fuck the super springs that XTAR uses in the VC4. I've been telling myself for quite some time now that I need to buy some battery wraps so I'll have 'em when I need 'em. The time has come to stop putting it off. Just found a nick in the wrap of one of my mech dedicated 25Rs and I think it's from my charger.:cuss2:
Yeah, those XTAR chargers do have some mighty tight slides. I bought a bunch of sleeves as I have several batteries that have nicks in them and I am assuming they are from the charger.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, those XTAR chargers do have some mighty tight slides. I bought a bunch of sleeves as I have several batteries that have nicks in them and I am assuming they are from the charger.
I can get the two outside batteries out without letting the slide spring back, but the two inner slots I usually can't prevent it.If there was just a bit of space between those two I think I could, but they pretty much touch.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, and GFY!

I was bitching in the "mod pet peeves" thread about how the miniBooks give me a nick in every one of my batteries, just from putting the silly things in. Then someone pipes up with "just slide them in straight and that won't happen." Well, do tell, genius, HOW I'm supposed to do that? Either the pos or neg end will always go in first... you can then get the other end in, but only with brute force, which causes a nick in the wrapper at the edge of one end or the other. I'm thinking I might try wrapping the battery in the microfiber cloth that came with one of my mods while I slide it in, and see if I can get the cloth out after the battery is inserted.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I was thinkin'...

If I change my avatar at ECF to something like this:

vu-meter_2372965.jpg

Can I get a certain point across without incurring a Rules Violation? :D

There is lot's of VU meters to choose from. Not that I'm encouraging anything ... :devil:
Lol. They may not understand it.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its the middle of july, what ya need three gloves for?
When I rode long rides, off the top of my head this is what I usually took. I had fingerless gloves to keep the sun off the back of my hands. A denim jacket in the saddle bags, 4 Tshirts, couple pairs of jeans, couple six packs of socks, rain suit, WWII mess kit, small burner with 2 butane tanks, metal coffee cup, pack off coffee bags like t-bags, small 12 inch circular grill (just the grill top, build a fire on the ground and place grill on rocks or whatever above fire), couple cans of hash and stews (never know when ya wanna pull on side of road at that perfect place and heat up some lunch), air mattress with pump, tent and sleeping bag.
Always rolled the tent and air matress with the sleeping bag and strap it below the head light. Plenty of room in the T bag and saddle bags for other stuff. Phone, gun, headset stayed in tank bag. Tank bag I wired up so I could charge stuff like phone while riding.
That just sounds like SO much fun!!! I've been on 3 day trail rides on horseback and come back with completely burnt lips. Only way I'd do one of those is riding in the chuck wagon now. At my age I wouldn't be able to walk after 1/2 day! lol

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That just sounds like SO much fun!!! I've been on 3 day trail rides on horseback and come back with completely burnt lips. Only way I'd do one of those is riding in the chuck wagon now. At my age I wouldn't be able to walk after 1/2 day! lol

Use to take off for a couple weeks at a time. Camping and riding, thats livin :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Use to take off for a couple weeks at a time. Camping and riding, thats livin :)
It IS living! I've always been the "outdoors" type.
Oh and I apologize for not welcoming you @Rickajho . I remember seeing you on the other forum and always meant to ask you, what is your avi? I joined the other one back in 2013 but am liking the freedom here and find myself here much more.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always felt sorry for that rabbit and wanted to give him that cereal. I also wanted to see Wylie Coyote catch that stupid Roadrunner!! :xD:

Heh... I can clearly recall asking my mom, when I was about 7, if the coyote was ever going to figure out that he would never catch that roadrunner. She said no, because then there'd be no point to the cartoon. I said I didn't see the point anyway, just to watch a stupid creature exhibit his stupidity over and over. I had zero patience with stupidity while still in single digits -- my mom had to teach me that it's not polite to call people stupid. :D But I did love that cartoon, I admit -- getting to watch the coyote get his just desserts for being so damn stupid. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Mr. has been up for hours and is acting all energetic and cheerful.

It's getting on my still waking up nerves :eek:

It aggravates me to no end if my husband gets up before me on the weekends, and then starts talking to me, like he expects eloquence before I've had my first cup of tea or 5-10 vapes. We've had some of our worst fights in those circumstances. But he's finally learned... SLEEP IN on weekends... I'll bring his coffee to him when breakfast is almost ready. ;)

He got up before me yesterday, because he wanted to take a huge bag of flattened aluminum cans to the recycling place... but because he's learned so well, he didn't say much to me; when I poked my head in his room to observe that he was up early, he just said yeah and reminded me about taking the aluminum, and nothing else. By the time he got back, I was awake enough to be human. :D He's pretty well house-trained at this point; on the 20th, we'll celebrate our 29th anniversary. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It aggravates me to no end if my husband gets up before me on the weekends, and then starts talking to me, like he expects eloquence before I've had my first cup of tea or 5-10 vapes. We've had some of our worst fights in those circumstances. But he's finally learned... SLEEP IN on weekends... I'll bring his coffee to him when breakfast is almost ready. ;)

He got up before me yesterday, because he wanted to take a huge bag of flattened aluminum cans to the recycling place... but because he's learned so well, he didn't say much to me; when I poked my head in his room to observe that he was up early, he just said yeah and reminded me about taking the aluminum, and nothing else. By the time he got back, I was awake enough to be human. :D He's pretty well house-trained at this point; on the 20th, we'll celebrate our 29th anniversary. :)

Andria

Mine usually stays out of my way until I feel human - but he's all excited about something important and keeps asking me shit I'm not prepared to give an inteligent answer too.

Every time he says something, it resets my clock back to "I just woke up and don't feel social"

I'm gonna go stretch a little - that will get the blood going a little better :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine usually stays out of my way until I feel human - but he's all excited about something important and keeps asking me shit I'm not prepared to give an inteligent answer too.

Every time he says something, it resets my clock back to "I just woke up and don't feel social"

I'm gonna go stretch a little - that will get the blood going a little better :)

Re-reading this conversation... because
hazboredom.jpg
:D

It reminded me a funny... when our son was growing up, it was always DON'T WAKEUP MOM! SHE'LL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF! And now that we have a cat, when the ol man gets up and has breakfast before work, the cat's zipping around like she's turbocharged.. and I've sometimes caught very softly "Hush now, don't wakeup mommy, she'll holler at both of us." :D

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 56174

It reminded me a funny... when our son was growing up, it was always DON'T WAKEUP MOM! SHE'LL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF! And now that we have a cat, when the ol man gets up and has breakfast before work, the cat's zipping around like she's turbocharged.. and I've sometimes caught very softly "Hush now, don't wakeup mommy, she'll holler at both of us." :D

Andria
lol that's funny

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 56174

Andria

That's hilarious!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's HOT!!!!!!!! More 100's this week.
View attachment 56176

Low 90s for us, humidity in the 65%-75% range, which makes it feel about 10 degrees warmer. That's why I don't go outside anymore than I can help; it's like trying to breathe jello. :eek: Also, the "alert" for pollen/mold/breathing problems is "VERY HIGH" it says. No shit sherlock! It's summer in Atlanta!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Low 90s for us, humidity in the 65%-75% range, which makes it feel about 10 degrees warmer. That's why I don't go outside anymore than I can help; it's like trying to breathe jello. :eek: Also, the "alert" for pollen/mold/breathing problems is "VERY HIGH" it says. No shit sherlock! It's summer in Atlanta!

Andria
:eek: Yuck. Well, at least I work in the a/c. It's going out to vape that's gonna git me. lol

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good everning! Music to GFY by!:

Yeah, like this one probably hasn't been posted yet a thousand times already... But the video content is better, and here and there works on multiple levels.

Gee - you could probably even post this one "over there", make your point, and not even have it taken down. (Maybe...)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good everning! Music to GFY by!:

Yeah, like this one probably hasn't been posted yet a thousand times already... But the video content is better, and here and there works on multiple levels.

Gee - you could probably even post this one "over there", make your point, and not even have it taken down. (Maybe...)
I've never seen it before. But I'm old. lol
Hey, what's your avatar?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've never seen it before. But I'm old. lol
Hey, what's your avatar?

Recently changed. :D

It was Wallace & Gromit from the BBC claymation shorts. But it doesn't work well anymore. Why you ask?

In an ECF GFY move, when they upgraded the site they failed to tell anyone that their avatars were going to be resized. When people asked what the hell happened and where are their original avatar files, Rtread1 said "Got changed, originals gone, too damned bad, you will learn to like it." (Only slightly paraphrased.)

Anyway, the image is too small now for it to display properly here (or there, for that matter...) and I don't have my original on this computer. So now - Carl it is. :)

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Recently changed. :D

It was Wallace & Gromit from the BBC claymation shorts. But it doesn't work well anymore. Why you ask?

In an ECF GFY move, when they upgraded the site they failed to tell anyone that their avatars were going to be resized. When people asked what the hell happened and where are their original avatar files, Rtread1 say "Got changed, originals gone, too damned bad, you will learn to like it." (Only slightly paraphrased.)

Anyway, the image is too small now for it to display properly here (or there, for that matter...) and I don't have my original on this computer. So now - Carl it is. :)
I was just curious. Remembered seeing it on the other site and always wanted to ask. The new one is cuter. lol
That's a pretty snotty thing he said, but he can be a real turd. Did you notice they have poop here? lol
:poop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors