ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I know this is reaching back a bit but:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...or-research-study.735468/page-6#post-17634891

You folks need to realize we do not approve every request for posting a survey. The boss rarely approves these and only approves those that will approach the topic in a fair manner. The majority of requests to post a survey on ECF is usually denied. So think about that before flying off the handle and raging against something that's probably not there.

retired1, Apr 20, 2016

Apparently you are supposed to realize that which you have never been told.

Wow, what a dickwad.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...or-research-study.735468/page-6#post-17634891

Wow, what a dickwad.

Why am I not surprised. Retarded1, a dickwad? You don't say! :eek: :D

Then there's VU... people post polls and surveys all the time, and 10 people will tell them to GF themselves, they're not participating in any market survey. :D I like that. Say what you mean. Mean what you say.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Big window AC unit became toast today.
Damn trashy Air Conditioners. Only was used for 18 years!
Junk.

Still have little units in the bedrooms so can survive till I get another more efficient big one.

At the house we rented before we bought this one, the A/C died at the beginning of our second summer.... I had to move my computer & desk into my bedroom and get a window unit ASAP; the motherfucking loser of a landlady sure as hell wasn't gonna get the A/C fixed. Buying this house was so awesome in so many ways, but having central air again is one of the BEST. :D I really can't live without it.

Probably after this summer, we should have it inspected and serviced, if it needs servicing. We moved here just at the end of warm weather in 2011, so this will be our fifth summer here.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At the house we rented before we bought this one, the A/C died at the beginning of our second summer.... I had to move my computer & desk into my bedroom and get a window unit ASAP; the motherfucking loser of a landlady sure as hell wasn't gonna get the A/C fixed. Buying this house was so awesome in so many ways, but having central air again is one of the BEST. :D I really can't live without it.

Probably after this summer, we should have it inspected and serviced, if it needs servicing. We moved here just at the end of warm weather in 2011, so this will be our fifth summer here.

Andria
Indeed Andria....the cost to service the unit far outweighs the cost of wasted energy. Just washing the outdoor coil with garden hose thoroughly helps immensely. If the refrigerant pressures are off a little you could be also wasting energy. It's basically money in the bank to have an air conditioner serviced yearly.

Replacing the filter monthly is the best gift anyone could provide to an air conditioner.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmm...

Ok, we all know you can't link to Vaping Underground over there - let alone even mention it.. But what's more fun than anagrams! So if you stick the words Vaping and Underground in here:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=vaping+underground&t=1000&a=n

you now have 66,718 alternative ways to make someone wonder what the hell site you are referring to which will make it past the censor bot. Just a few quickly spotted possibilities:

Upgraded Roving Nun
Pervading Drug Noun
Depraving Dunno Rug
Unvaried Dung Prong
Guarding Vendor Pun
Grand Roundup Given
Vapid God Gunrunner
Vegan Grind Roundup
Raging Vend Roundup
Uproar Vending Dung
Vapour Nerd Nudging
A Dud Unnerving Gorp
Dad Verging Upon Run
Danged Roving Run Up
Invaded Gong Nu Purr
David Runner Gong Up
Danger Drug Vino Pun

:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Indeed Andria....the cost to service the unit far outweighs the cost of wasted energy. Just washing the outdoor coil with garden hose thoroughly helps immensely. If the refrigerant pressures are off a little you could be also wasting energy. It's basically money in the bank to have an air conditioner serviced yearly.

Replacing the filter monthly is the best gift anyone could provide to an air conditioner.

You mean the HVAC filter? We usually replace it 2-3 times a year. We haven't been able to afford to service the AC since we've been here, so I figured after 5 yrs of good use, it's time.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You mean the HVAC filter? We usually replace it 2-3 times a year. We haven't been able to afford to service the AC since we've been here, so I figured after 5 yrs of good use, it's time.

Andria
Yes, the return air filter. If the air conditioner is running abundantly this time of the year, it's best to replace the filter monthly. If you buy the inexpensive fiberglass mesh type (usually green blue or white colored) they're cheap as hell and work as well as the expensive filters. They cost about 2 bucks each if you buy a bundle of them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the return air filter. If the air conditioner is running abundantly this time of the year, it's best to replace the filter monthly. If you buy the inexpensive fiberglass mesh type (usually green blue or white colored) they're cheap as hell and work as well as the expensive filters. They cost about 2 bucks each if you buy a bundle of them.

Yeah I read an article somewhere, that said it was better to get cheaper filters and replace them often, than the more expensive higher-filtration ones, because those make the AC work harder, and thus are more expensive not just to buy, but also to use. We replace the filter when we think of it, basically... which comes out to about 2-3 times a year. :D But it's never very dirty at all, so we figure it's sufficient. Back in the old days when I smoked indoors, we'd replace it when the landlady brought by a new one, every 3 months or so -- and the old one would be BLACK. :facepalm:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I read an article somewhere, that said it was better to get cheaper filters and replace them often, than the more expensive higher-filtration ones, because those make the AC work harder, and thus are more expensive not just to buy, but also to use. We replace the filter when we think of it, basically... which comes out to about 2-3 times a year. :D But it's never very dirty at all, so we figure it's sufficient. Back in the old days when I smoked indoors, we'd replace it when the landlady brought by a new one, every 3 months or so -- and the old one would be BLACK. :facepalm:

Andria

While on the subject, you with your asthma might want to ask the service person to 'snake' the HVAC duct system. It's a process where they set up negative pressure and either force, blow clean 'air' or passively suck clean air through the duct system. Don't let them chuckle at you and say it's ridiculous. It is anything but that.

Barring moving air through they may want to do a microbe scrub. This uses a mild chemical agent which acts as both abrasive and antimicrobial to kill anything in the duct work. If that's not an option, demand they tear the duct work out and sanitize it by hand, replace it. Know that may sound inconvenient but it is something of value in the long run, and even short run.

What it does is helps remove bacteria, mold, anything tiny what might hiding in the ducts. That in turn might help you breathe easier both figuratively & literally. After five years of moderate to heavy use, you could be surprised what may lurk in a duct work.

In a past life it was suggested I get certified for HVAC work. Did I listen? No, course not. I grew up knowing my family served in the military. That was the crux of most of school too. "Get out of school, we'll get a military job." Well ... *chuckling* That didn't pan out. Seems I have done a little of all sorts of things, bagged and stocked groceries, worked fast food / retail food service, food processing, agriculture processing, cna shortly, janitor. *lol*

The Boss Lady told me today I have to help string beans tomorrow. Told her my boss man could only spare me so long, then, I was going to run off to write. Plus, if it doesn't get too all fired hot tomorrow I need to squeeze in some weed eating and might even if it does get hot. It is needed bad.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
While on the subject, you with your asthma might want to ask the service person to 'snake' the HVAC duct system. It's a process where they set up negative pressure and either force, blow clean 'air' or passively suck clean air through the duct system. Don't let them chuckle at you and say it's ridiculous. It is anything but that.

Barring moving air through they may want to do a microbe scrub. This uses a mild chemical agent which acts as both abrasive and antimicrobial to kill anything in the duct work. If that's not an option, demand they tear the duct work out and sanitize it by hand, replace it. Know that may sound inconvenient but it is something of value in the long run, and even short run.

What it does is helps remove bacteria, mold, anything tiny what might hiding in the ducts. That in turn might help you breathe easier both figuratively & literally. After five years of moderate to heavy use, you could be surprised what may lurk in a duct work.

In a past life it was suggested I get certified for HVAC work. Did I listen? No, course not. I grew up knowing my family served in the military. That was the crux of most of school too. "Get out of school, we'll get a military job." Well ... *chuckling* That didn't pan out. Seems I have done a little of all sorts of things, bagged and stocked groceries, worked fast food / retail food service, food processing, agriculture processing, cna shortly, janitor. *lol*

The Boss Lady told me today I have to help string beans tomorrow. Told her my boss man could only spare me so long, then, I was going to run off to write. Plus, if it doesn't get too all fired hot tomorrow I need to squeeze in some weed eating and might even if it does get hot. It is needed bad.

I've seen coupons locally for that sort of duct-blowout; maybe I can find one of those. I think they do include the AC inspection, and only charge more if it actually needs some kind of service. It seems to be in terrific working order, I'd just like to keep it that way. The house is kinda old, but the HVAC/furnace was only 6 yrs old when we bought it, so about 11 yrs now. So far we've replaced the gas stove with an electric range, the sink solid-disposal, and of course... the water heater! :D Felt good to get that last one out of the way, believe it! And we have such excellent hot water now, it's wonderful!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My Big window AC unit became toast today.
Damn trashy Air Conditioners. Only was used for 18 years!
Junk.

Still have little units in the bedrooms so can survive till I get another more efficient big one.

I'll bet you a new one will be more energy efficient and save money when you run it

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry crew, caught up on reading but no time to "like" or comment yet. Just got in...

Several firsts for me today. Got out before the sun cracked the horizon (not a first), and rode the "sunrise" side of Michigan (Lake Huron shoreline" from bottom to top for the first time ever. Been all up and down the much more distant Lake Michigan shoreline, but that was a first up Lake Huron. Then I stopped to take a pic of the Scoot and I with the Mackinaw Bridge in the background, and discovered that somewhere between Bay City and Mackinaw, I lost my air cleaner. THE WHOLE THING. Shit. Stage 1 Kuryakyn with K&N filter. So I don't know how long I was sucking dirt right into my motor...

My choices were turn around and go BACK an hour and a half to the closest Harley dealer and spend the night to get it fixed Monday, or figure something out.. Can ya spot the fix? lol...
soxonthebeach.jpg

In days of old, when knights were bold, and trojans not invented...

Then I rode the whole South shore of the Upper Peninsula well into Wisconsin. THAT was a first, too. Made it to some burg 3 hours from the Twin Cities where I plan on having the throttle body helicoiled and a new filter put on. Darn mechanics, somehow they overtorqued the bolts and 2 snapped, 1 stripped right out. That'll be about a $600 mistake. Have I mentioned I hate mechanics?

Rain off and on from Cheboygan to Dafuq, WI. Well, time to go to bed to get up early, and sit at a frickin dealership tomorrow for the better part of a day.. It'll get better. It WAS pretty awesome anyway. Skipped the camping tonite, for the rain. NOT setting up a campsite in the rain. LOTS of great scenery, including part of the ride while I rode with 8 other Harleys along the shore. ALL WOMEN! I see 2 or 3 out on their own, but this was a CLUB or somethin... Honey, look what followed me home!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sorry crew, caught up on reading but no time to "like" or comment yet. Just got in...

Several firsts for me today. Got out before the sun cracked the horizon (not a first), and rode the "sunrise" side of Michigan (Lake Huron shoreline" from bottom to top for the first time ever. Been all up and down the much more distant Lake Michigan shoreline, but that was a first up Lake Huron. Then I stopped to take a pic of the Scoot and I with the Mackinaw Bridge in the background, and discovered that somewhere between Bay City and Mackinaw, I lost my air cleaner. THE WHOLE THING. Shit. Stage 1 Kuryakyn with K&N filter. So I don't know how long I was sucking dirt right into my motor...

My choices were turn around and go BACK an hour and a half to the closest Harley dealer and spend the night to get it fixed Monday, or figure something out.. Can ya spot the fix? lol...
View attachment 56205

Then I rode the whole South shore of the Upper Peninsula well into Wisconsin. THAT was a first, too. Made it to some burg 3 hours from the Twin Cities where I plan on having the throttle body helicoiled and a new filter put on. Darn mechanics, somehow they overtorqued the bolts and 2 snapped, 1 stripped right out. That'll be about a $600 mistake. Have I mentioned I hate mechanics?

Rain off and on from Cheboygan to Dafuq, WI. Well, time to go to bed to get up early, and sit at a frickin dealership tomorrow for the better part of a day.. It'll get better. It WAS pretty awesome anyway. Skipped the camping tonite, for the rain. NOT setting up a campsite in the rain. LOTS of great scenery, including part of the ride while I rode with 8 other Harleys along the shore. ALL WOMEN! I see 2 or 3 out on their own, but this was a CLUB or somethin... Honey, look what followed me home!

Ride on Moo!

Hope you remembered a roll of duck tape :giggle:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wow, what a dickwad.

What's hilarious, is I exposed the project manager of that study to be the dicknozzle that smuggled air quality equipment into a vape meet, called water vapor "Particulant", and concluded it was not safe to have vapers anywhere but where smoking is allowed. Humidity kills.... So much for The Boss spending even a SECOND vetting that study, it took me all of 5 minutes to figure out who was running that shit show.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ride on Moo!

Hope you remembered a roll of duck tape :giggle:

Harleys are NEVER to be duck taped. Zip ties though, are fair game... haha... I dunno why they don't just dip the whole fucking thing in a vat of locktite after assembly. My 77 FLH, I always had to take the exact same route back HOME, so I could pick up all my shit..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 56205

I've been to see Huron; my husband's extended family used to live in Rogers City, so when we lived in Pontiac, about a month after our son was born, we drove up to Rogers City and spent a long weekend -- 4th of July weekend, and it was fucking COLD! The goldarned lake had surf like the farkin OCEAN, the wind was blowing so hard. Truly an amazing sight to behold, knowing this is merely a lake.... which greatly resembles an angry ocean.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Harleys are NEVER to be duck taped. Zip ties though, are fair game... haha... I dunno why they don't just dip the whole fucking thing in a vat of locktite after assembly. My 77 FLH, I always had to take the exact same route back HOME, so I could pick up all my shit..

Duck tape ain't just for motorsickles Moo

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been to see Huron; my husband's extended family used to live in Rogers City, so when we lived in Pontiac, about a month after our son was born, we drove up to Rogers City and spent a long weekend -- 4th of July weekend, and it was fucking COLD! The goldarned lake had surf like the farkin OCEAN, the wind was blowing so hard. Truly an amazing sight to behold, knowing this is merely a lake.... which greatly resembles an angry ocean.

Andria

They can ALL be like that. Erie is the worst, being only 40' deep. HUGE rollers.
The Mackinaw Bridge is decked with steel grating, that you can see right through, to hundreds of feet below at the water. If you think it is a lil freaky in a car (they have DRIVERS who will take your car across for you), imagine it on a BIKE.

Even weirder, a girl driving a Yugo once actually got BLOWN OFF that bridge, into the Straits below. Died on impact, I am sure. I mentioned it to a customers secretary shortly after. She recoiled in horror. It was her friends daughter that died. That was FAR too close to home. I can only imagine that poor girls horror before she died.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They can ALL be like that. Erie is the worst, being only 40' deep. HUGE rollers.
The Mackinaw Bridge is decked with steel grating, that you can see right through, to hundreds of feet below at the water. If you think it is a lil freaky in a car (they have DRIVERS who will take your car across for you), imagine it on a BIKE.

Even weirder, a girl driving a Yugo once actually got BLOWN OFF that bridge, into the Straits below. Died on impact, I am sure. I mentioned it to a customers secretary shortly after. She recoiled in horror. It was her friends daughter that died. That was FAR too close to home. I can only imagine that poor girls horror before she died.

I think I would pass on that bridge. :D I found the Ambassador bridge rather intimidating, probably the longest I've ever crossed, but I liked it better than the tunnel; I'm a bit claustrophobic.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 56205

That's unbelievable....wow...I'd be PISSSSED OFFFF...!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I would pass on that bridge. :D I found the Ambassador bridge rather intimidating, probably the longest I've ever crossed, but I liked it better than the tunnel; I'm a bit claustrophobic.

Andria

I used to live 3 blocks from the Ambassador, in Windsor. I once hit a car carrier truck, trying to avoid a semi that was broke down in the right lane. I caromed off the side of that car carrier, and ran head first into the guard rail. I am SO glad it was strong as hell... I was a lil tipsy. Pulled up to the customs booth with a smashed front end, steam escaping, and a fender hanging half off. They asked me if I had anything to declare.. YEAH! FUCK!!! I may have been smuggling a Baby Ruth...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope you have a blast....regardless of the minor set-back.

When do you figure you'll be in Vegas?...I may head that direction.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to live 3 blocks from the Ambassador, in Windsor. I once hit a car carrier truck, trying to avoid a semi that was broke down in the right lane. I caromed off the side of that car carrier, and ran head first into the guard rail. I am SO glad it was strong as hell... I was a lil tipsy. Pulled up to the customs booth with a smashed front end, steam escaping, and a fender hanging half off. They asked me if I had anything to declare.. YEAH! FUCK!!! I may have been smuggling a Baby Ruth...

Driving on the top of dams is fun too. :D Here, in the town where my parents live ('bout 25 miles NW of us), there's Lake Lanier, created by the Corps of Engineers in the 50's by building Buford Dam -- driving across the ridge of it, a narrow 2 lane road with guardrails to either side, curving like a snake back and forth, back and forth... I hang on to the panic bar HARD when we drive across that thing! Even though I used to live in that town myself, and drive it while intoxicated! :facepalm: Yeah driving The Guardrails is a rite of passage in that town. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's the Guardrails at Buford Dam: (scale is 1 inch=1000ft)

guardrails.png

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Driving is something which eludes me. Can understand the theory of it. Get behind the wheel to do it, lock up. Oh, I have driven short jaunts until someone else told me to pull over and they took the wheel. I did good up to a point. Then, I locked up and starting shutting down. That is why the other person usually took over. Clear enough to register I get terrified, or something my mind clicks as a block.

At one point, I was driving forklift in training with the hopes it would build my confidence to drive cars & trucks. The supervisor there was too controlling and a jerk. One of the other lift drivers who was in his mid fifties at the time said I was doing okay with some mistakes yet, but that was part of learning. He had been driving lifts since he was seven years old, and the way he handled one I did not doubt his word on that. The supervisor however despite authorizing me to train on lifts, wanted me kept off one as much as he could.

I was a bit younger and a bit more inclined to be expressive with anger. I walked up to that supervisor and tore up the training certification card, in his face. Told him he seemed to have plenty of lift drivers if he never had need of me to train on them. I knew he was a bit shorthanded on lift drivers. Oh, but to make dumb mistakes when you're full of anger. One of the other guys told me a few days later, "hey, if you would have kept that card, I would have bumped you into longshoreman teamsters."

We live and learn. :)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That'll be about a $600 mistake. Have I mentioned I hate mechanics?
You seem to have the worst luck with mechanics. Which reminds me, what ever happened to the one that ruined your truck? Did they ever find the body?:D

I found the Ambassador bridge rather intimidating, probably the longest I've ever crossed, but I liked it better than the tunnel; I'm a bit claustrophobic.
I don't have any issues with the Ambassador bridge, though I prefer the tunnel just because it seems I always get into and out of Windsor faster that way. The Blue Water Bridge on the other hand bothers me in some unexplained fashion. I've never figured it out. Driving across it into Canada is fine, but I get super tense crossing it back into Michigan.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You seem to have the worst luck with mechanics. Which reminds me, what ever happened to the one that ruined your truck? Did they ever find the body?:D

Moo had a body? I didn't know anything about that, ... * quiet staring off into space, then a warming smile *

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Moo had a body? I didn't know anything about that, ... * quiet staring off into space, then a warming smile *
Well, I can't say for sure, but there was something about a mechanic screwing up, and being lazy, leading to his truck engine destroying itself during a long drive. And some talk about what would happen to said mechanic. And so I just figure there oughta be a body, or a burned out garage, or something of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors