Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got up early to call and pay the collector's for my old hospital bill, since I should have paid them last week, yesterday was the due date. But they seemed cool about it, so that's a worry off my shoulders. :) Only owe about $350 on it now, but I don't have $350 right this minute.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got up early to call and pay the collector's for my old hospital bill, since I should have paid them last week, yesterday was the due date. But they seemed cool about it, so that's a worry off my shoulders. :) Only owe about $350 on it now, but I don't have $350 right this minute.

Andria
I was wondering why you were up so early. :)
Guess I'm safe - I do not feel human today :eek:

Happy Monday and GFY Fugees!
I'm an amoeba today

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got up so early, a short nap actually sounds like a damn fine idea. Better hurry, the cat just came in; I'll have to beat her for possession of it. :D

Andria

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon Fugees, oh and GFY"s all around. Been so busy with work and trying to get everything done before my vacation next week. Not enough time in a day. @AndriaD wow you have been a busy person, was checking the forums today and you have been in every one that i have read . You go girl lol. @Atchafalaya if my protoplasm broke i would lose the one brain cell i have left.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon Fugees, oh and GFY"s all around. Been so busy with work and trying to get everything done before my vacation next week. Not enough time in a day. @AndriaD wow you have been a busy person, was checking the forums today and you have been in every one that i have read . You go girl lol. @Atchafalaya if my protoplasm broke i would lose the one brain cell i have left.
Awesome on your upcoming vaca!!!! Yeah, I think mine floated out to sea. heheheheh

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had my little nap, between 4 and 5. A noise woke me at one point, and I opened my eyes to see the cat on the coffee table staring right at me. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A nap does seem a good idea.....

It was a damn fine idea!!!!!!!

Rub it in.

wub wub wub :D

I took a wittle nap, then ran to the store and got a roast to throw in the crock pot. Then went and cut my moms yard. After that another nap seemed deserved so la la land I went to again :D Woke up getting pit bull kisses with the ex here on the couch telling my boy rascal to kiss papa. Then went and fixed what i could on my lawnmower. One of my mower deck spindles cratered on me so had to replace it, while I had the deck off went ahead and took all the blades off and sharpened them and now gotta get a new drive belt and put it back together.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This nap thing you speak of sounds interesting. I tried that the other day at work on my lunch break prior to this i spoke with my wife and told her i was going to try it. I closed my eyes and was asleep, a whole 7 minutes before she called me to ask me if i was sleeping. :sneaka:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So --- someone at the bank just tried to tell me I should NOT use SS if I'm using the atty on a mech.

Any gurus here wanna give that a fact check?

I gotta go back and finish some "stuff" while I vape my SS build on a mech squonker :cool:

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So --- someone at the bank just tried to tell me I should NOT use SS if I'm using the atty on a mech.

Any gurus here wanna give that a fact check?

I gotta go back and finish some "stuff" while I vape my SS build on a mech squonker :cool:
SS is fine just be sure as with any wire on a mech that your coil resistance is ok for your battery.
SS has less resistance for the same sized wire.

Been usin SS on mechs for a couple of months now.
I likes it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
PS_0291_BITES_EVERYONE.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
SS is fine just be sure as with any wire on a mech that your coil resistance is ok for your battery.
SS has less resistance for the same sized wire.

Just double checking. I thought I did my homework before switching over to SS.

This "don't use SS on a mech!" freakout came from a guy who will only vape expensive organic flavorings because he's worried about chemical exposure even though he still smokes two packs of Camel filters every week :giggle::giggle::giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just double checking. I thought I did my homework before switching over to SS.

This "don't use SS on a mech!" freakout came from a guy who will only vape expensive organic flavorings because he's worried about chemical exposure even though he still smokes two packs of Camel filters every week :giggle::giggle::giggle:

And vaping organic flavorings is actually a lot more hazardous that vaping artificial flavors. Mother nature doesn't have an FDA, and all the dangerous toxic shit is there right along with the flavor; laboratories deliberately leave OUT the dangerous toxic shit.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope you have a blast....regardless of the minor set-back.

When do you figure you'll be in Vegas?...I may head that direction.

Judging by my current rate of progress, probably next Sunday or Monday? Going to hang around a few days too most likely. With the dealership stop today, I made it only to the west side of MN. HOPING to make the Black Hills by tomorrow night, going to bed right now to be enroute by 6am. Lots of nice sights today. Didn't think WI had much to offer besides the Lake Michigan shoreline, but I stumbled on the lovely Route 95 into Fountain City, then crossed the 'Ssippi into Winona. I'm off route, but that was the dealership stop in Wausau. Want to get back ON route from St. James, so I have a little northern trek in the AM. Communications problem without a helmet at 75mph, couldn't hear her clearly. I've got it fixed with a set of bluetooth earbuds for the AM. Would like to wear the full face and leather all the time, but it just gets too darn HOT.

I hope I see you in Vegas! That would be a riot!!

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I can't say for sure, but there was something about a mechanic screwing up, and being lazy, leading to his truck engine destroying itself during a long drive. And some talk about what would happen to said mechanic. And so I just figure there oughta be a body, or a burned out garage, or something of the sort.

He is out of business. Small town, I get all the scuttlebutt. Word spread pretty quick about the whole thing, and I guess he figured he wasn't making enough to take the 10K hit, so he sold out to his landlord. As long as he had liability insurance, it doesn't matter to me. I am still going after my money, he moved back to his old town, and he won't be messing up any more cars in Milford. To quote Jack Nicholson, I'm glad he's dead.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And vaping organic flavorings is actually a lot more hazardous that vaping artificial flavors. Mother nature doesn't have an FDA, and all the dangerous toxic shit is there right along with the flavor; laboratories deliberately leave OUT the dangerous toxic shit.

Andria
Artificial all they way?

My body tells me NO and makes me listen to it.
At least with several of those artificial ingredients.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Artificial all they way?

My body tells me NO and makes me listen to it.
At least with several of those artificial ingredients.

Yes, and for super tasters, I'm sure that's a huge problem -- but super tasters are what, about .25% of the population? Less? I often wonder what fucking noseless genius thought up all those stinking perfumes... but super-smellers aren't very common either. :( If there were more of us, Pine-sol would FUCKING GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes, and for super tasters, I'm sure that's a huge problem -- but super tasters are what, about .25% of the population? Less? I often wonder what fucking noseless genius thought up all those stinking perfumes... but super-smellers aren't very common either. :( If there were more of us, Pine-sol would FUCKING GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

Andria

I have both - they test your sense of taste by first testing your sense of smell.

I'm off the charts.

And yes, I wonder how the no SS guy who only vapes organic vapes - while huffing cigarettes daily - ties his shoes.

He also thinks its a good thing the FDA is going to regulate vaping :headbang:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have both - they test your sense of taste by first testing your sense of smell.

I'm off the charts.

And yes, I wonder how the no SS guy who only vapes organic vapes - while huffing cigarettes daily - ties his shoes.

Hope the goofball volunteered for castration...!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hope the goofball volunteered for castration...!

Sometimes I feel like offering it to him :giggle:

However, he is the goofball that convinced be to try vaping in the first place :)

Before he showed me a set up, I thought vaping was like a combo of candy cigarettes on a worthless phone app, lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm off the charts.

My sense of taste actually seems somewhat stunted, considering the amount of flavor I need in my vape just to be able to taste it, rather than just smell it. Or maybe it's only a normal sense of taste, while my olfactory sense is completely off the charts, so I need a lot of flavoring for what I taste to come anywhere close to what I smell.

I've mentioned that one aspect of that horrible depression/anxiety bout I suffered about 12 yrs ago was PTSD. In my readings, I've learned that because of the "hyperalert" state that many PTSD sufferers experience, the "passive senses" -- hearing and scent -- become extremely, excessively sharpened. I had good hearing already, but now... well, the harmonica in Dylan songs nearly KILLS me, it's so shrill, it's painful, and I hear many, many things that people tell me I'm hallucinating... but I'm not. Ditto that for my nose: already extremely keen, so much so that I drive my husband crazy about getting the kitchen garbage out of here -- even when I was smoking a pk or more a day; now, it's literally my cross to bear.

But those passive senses are the ones that can save your life, because they still function, even when you're sleeping -- it was my sense of smell that brought me awake, that morning the trailer nearly caught on fire, and informed me that the smell was not burning leaves, but burning insulation. I did a lot of that reading because I seriously questioned, how can even the most grievous fear change something as basic as one's senses? And it's because of that little bit of brain called the amygdala -- functional MRI scans confirm that people suffering PTSD have grossly mutated amygdalas, the part of the brain concerned with fear, with triggering the fight or flight reflex, and changes in the amygdala do seem to cause other changes *in the brain itself.*

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors