Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How are Juice and Andria this BLISTERING hot evening (for me anyway)?....had to drive to Flagstaff today, didn't want to return, it was in the low 80's with bright blue sky....heading home the temp continually raised until it hit 110 when I pulled in my driveway....way to damn hot...I'll be glad when next month is over with, then it clear sailing to normal again.

I pretty much just stay in the house. Today was payday, so I was out and about a little, but the truck's AC works pretty well. :D It's summer. It's Atlanta. If it wasn't hot enough to fry bacon on the street and bake biscuits in the mailbox, people would be standing around talking about the peculiar weather, wondering if it was the End Times. :D

Andria

ETA: I think we're getting into Dog Days... it rains a little every day, in the Dog Days. But it just makes it feel like a terrarium. :D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, seemed longer than it actually was, lol

But, a carnival with a few actual decent rides set up at the park across the street from my office (a first ever for this town) so I ran across the street, ate a bunch of grease so the sugar could slide down easily, then jerked around and got a unique view of downtown before heading home :D

A nice topper to a semi-stressful but boring work day.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pretty much just stay in the house. Today was payday, so I was out and about a little, but the truck's AC works pretty well. :D It's summer. It's Atlanta. If it wasn't hot enough to fry bacon on the street and bake biscuits in the mailbox, people would be standing around talking about the peculiar weather, wondering if it was the End Times. :D

Andria

ETA: I think we're getting into Dog Days... it rains a little every day, in the Dog Days. But it just makes it feel like a terrarium. :D
I noticed the mod you received in the mail, looks really nice, like that color...great to have replaceable batteries too...who knows what's coming the down the pike after the 8th.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, seemed longer than it actually was, lol

But, a carnival with a few actual decent rides set up at the park across the street from my office (a first ever for this town) so I ran across the street, ate a bunch of grease so the sugar could slide down easily, then jerked around and got a unique view of downtown before heading home :D

A nice topper to a semi-stressful but boring work day.
Then it could have been worse, I catch the drift....:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I noticed the mod you received in the mail, looks really nice, like that color...great to have replaceable batteries too...who knows what's coming the down the pike after the 8th.

Atcha got hers.. I just ordered mine. :D

The internal battery is the only thing I've ever found wrong with the CF4s... so when I was able to get one that takes external batteries for such a fucking great price... well I just couldn't let that pass. :D I hope it's as great a mod as the originals.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of the 8th...think I'll make ONE more nic order.....and hope for the best.

That's why I went ahead and got another half liter; now will have about 3L in the freezer. Just have to figure out tomorrow where/how in the hell I'm gonna store it. :D And so that probably means it's time to start easing the nic down just a little more; last I made was 3.8mg, so I reckon the next should be 3.5mg. I always try to do it slowly enough that my brain doesn't catch on to what's happening and start telling me a lot of stupid shit. :D Addiction is sneaky as hell, you just have to out-sneak it. :D

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I think I have to join Hank's and Inspect's club... just ordered this:

View attachment 56569

Along with 500ml nicotine, and some more Flash. :)

Andria
My VapeMail arrived today too! :vapemail:
A new Sigelei 213 mod (orange case) and an Aromamizer Supreme, plus stocking up on some batteries, cotton and wire. Going on vacay in a few weeks and need to have ample supplies for 8 days of camping - though I will have access to power to recharge batteries.

Expecting more :vapemail: tomorrow - juice order :ejuice: from MBV. Should tide me over for a while. :cool:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vapemail can be one of life's greatest pleasures :)

Just got a bf Odin from Loki in tonight. Friends, it is going to be a great weekend of squonking at my house beginning now

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A new Sigelei 213 mod (orange case) and an Aromamizer Supreme, plus stocking up on some batteries, cotton and wire. Going on vacay in a few weeks and need to have ample supplies for 8 days of camping - though I will have access to power to recharge batteries.

Expecting more :vapemail: tomorrow - juice order :ejuice: from MBV. Should tide me over for a while. :cool:

Been thinking of finding a solar charger for my 18650 batteries for when I go camping. A lot of times the perfect campsite is way off in the wilds with no power available. Gotta be able to charge them vape batteries then too!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My main rules are:

Always tell the truth. Nothing to remember, except WHAT REALLY IS, and nothing to hide and be afraid of someone finding out. Believe it or not, I was actually kind of a latecomer to that rule, but since my early 20s, I've learned its inestimable value.

Always TRY to live up to my own highest ideal of ethical behavior. Seems to me that's the easiest way to be happy, without [too many] regrets. Wish I'd learned that one a little sooner, but just glad I finally did learn it.

And try to make sure that anything I say to another person is a) true, b) kind, and c) necessary.

And yes, unconditional love is the name of the game at my house; me for my husband and son, them for each other and for me. It took me a little while to get it thru to my son, that he could always tell me ANYTHING, because no matter what, I will always love him, always be on his side, and always be his best friend and biggest supporter. Maybe that's why I was the first one in the family to whom he "came out," once he finally figured out that he wasn't a "stock heterosexual." Not sure he's fully decided if he wants to go to one side or the other completely, but he knows I love and support him, NO MATTER WHAT. I did ask him though, even if he decided he was completely 100% gay, if he could refrain from "swishy" behavior. He rolled his eyes at me and said "Do I LOOK swishy to you?" :D He really doesn't, which I guess is why he actually had to "come out" in words. 'Course he does sometimes wear a t-shirt that says "Taste my rainbow. " :rolleyes: :giggle:

Andria

I kind of chuckle remembering something. Finally, told my mom about being bisexual. It was odd but in a way I had kind of expected what happened next.

"Oh, that's all? Good. I had hoped at least one of my boys would be anything other than straight. Now, I can stop pretending to be myself," mom told me. She then explained how she grew up and realized she was bisexual.

The odd part and the kind of expecting part it part were that it didn't shock me to know that about her. There was never really any glowing indications of it from childhood up, but it seemed an aspect of her that I knew all my life. There are things my mom doesn't know, or at least she lets me think she doesn't know. Glad for some of them too. I would be a total social zombie if I thought she knew about some.

Grew up being the genuine Man in her life. All the other men that she got involved with except her dad and brother, first husband, were not exactly men. They were all quite defective. None of them understood simply being a friend. Know that sounds corny as hell. Don't care. I took care of mom when others didn't, saw she had food for herself and us boys, heat in the cold of Winter, money for clothes & medicines. In many ways I grew up being my own father/daddy. It was kind of a had to journey.

Now, I get to be a little boy. :) Even despite being a grumpy old man falling to bits at times, or not recalling where I dropped my cape.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Been thinking of finding a solar charger for my 18650 batteries for when I go camping. A lot of times the perfect campsite is way off in the wilds with no power available. Gotta be able to charge them vape batteries then too!
The group I'm with uses some of the big solar panels to keep the RV batteries they run their gear off of charged up. I know those units are not exactly portable, or cheap. If you find a solution that's portable and inexpensive, I'm all ears! :)

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Vapemail can be one of life's greatest pleasures :)

Just got a bf Odin from Loki in tonight. Friends, it is going to be a great weekend of squonking at my house beginning now
Vapemail isn't frequent for me, so it's all Bonus Time when it's in the works. But the USPS was having bonker issues with tracking today and I had no idea if it was going to show as it was scheduled to.

I keep pondering getting a squonker, if for nothing more than to just have one..:wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The group I'm with uses some of the big solar panels to keep the RV batteries they run their gear off of charged up. I know those units are not exactly portable, or cheap. If you find a solution that's portable and inexpensive, I'm all ears! :)

Couldn't he use something akin to what they use for Liter of Light's solar powered lights? They use what is it, a 3" * 3" tiny panel to fire a L.E.D light for up to 8-12 hours. This compliments the times when cloud cover makes solar light passing through the bottles untenable for providing light, as well as during the nights.I know they also sell $30 or $40 kits that folks use for solar charging cell phones. Those come in fold up designs like wallets, roll out the solar panel and plug in the phone.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapemail isn't frequent for me, so it's all Bonus Time when it's in the works. But the USPS was having bonker issues with tracking today and I had no idea if it was going to show as it was scheduled to.

I keep pondering getting a squonker, if for nothing more than to just have one..:wave:
I got my first Reo... That led me to giving up my DNA200 box.... Once you're bitten by the Squonkbug you never look back

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, I won't be getting my vapemail till next week; just ordered it yesterday! But since MVS offers no regular USPS, I should get my new mod Monday, or possibly Tuesday, depending on USPS's ability to pry their collective head out of their collective ass. Should have my new driptips about the same time, though I didn't order them until several hours later; for some reason, mail from AZ always seems to move like greased lightening. The nic and Flash from ECX... well, who knows how long that will take. I got free shipping, and last time, that turned out to be 2-day priority, but it seems to take them forever just to get shit out the door.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Couldn't he use something akin to what they use for Liter of Light's solar powered lights? They use what is it, a 3" * 3" tiny panel to fire a L.E.D light for up to 8-12 hours. This compliments the times when cloud cover makes solar light passing through the bottles untenable for providing light, as well as during the nights.I know they also sell $30 or $40 kits that folks use for solar charging cell phones. Those come in fold up designs like wallets, roll out the solar panel and plug in the phone.

I think I found the answer without even trying. 12 Volt solar chargers for car batteries with 5 volt USB adaptors. Plug in a USB 18650 charger and there ya go.

OS001165-2-happyforu19.jpg

MC2-Tile-1-600x600.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I kind of chuckle remembering something. Finally, told my mom about being bisexual. It was odd but in a way I had kind of expected what happened next.

"Oh, that's all? Good. I had hoped at least one of my boys would be anything other than straight. Now, I can stop pretending to be myself," mom told me. She then explained how she grew up and realized she was bisexual.

The odd part and the kind of expecting part it part were that it didn't shock me to know that about her. There was never really any glowing indications of it from childhood up, but it seemed an aspect of her that I knew all my life. There are things my mom doesn't know, or at least she lets me think she doesn't know. Glad for some of them too. I would be a total social zombie if I thought she knew about some.

Grew up being the genuine Man in her life. All the other men that she got involved with except her dad and brother, first husband, were not exactly men. They were all quite defective. None of them understood simply being a friend. Know that sounds corny as hell. Don't care. I took care of mom when others didn't, saw she had food for herself and us boys, heat in the cold of Winter, money for clothes & medicines. In many ways I grew up being my own father/daddy. It was kind of a had to journey.

Now, I get to be a little boy. :) Even despite being a grumpy old man falling to bits at times, or not recalling where I dropped my cape.

Heh, that's cool about your mom. I always had some bi tendencies too, I just happened to fall in love with guys; first marriage didn't work out AT ALL, but the 2nd one is now close to 29 yrs old. My husband is the same, some bi tendencies, but more oriented to straight. I've always just told my son that the most important thing is to love and respect someone else, and what's between their legs is far less significant than what's between their ears, and in their heart. If he can find someone to love, who loves him just as much, I don't really care if it's pink or blue; love is wonderful, no matter what shape it comes in. But there has to also be liking, respect, and acceptance; I really think my marriage has lasted this long because neither of us see the other as a "fixer upper". :D

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One of those copper mod ones.
Think I will name it Chester.
I've been debating getting one of those Dripbox 160s. Idk if I can get past my distrust of everything kanger made (except the original Dripbox). My distrust of Kanger is creeping toward the level of my abhorrence of Smok products

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Kanger Subtank Mini's with RBA amd the origional 50W Kbox mini.
They are my main vapes.
Don't care for the Kanger factory coils though.

The only Smok stuff I have I won. A couple of TFV4's and a pro 50/65. Which has the battery cover held on with screws? I just use it as a shop beater and treat it like a built in battery mod.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think I found the answer without even trying. 12 Volt solar chargers for car batteries with 5 volt USB adaptors. Plug in a USB 18650 charger and there ya go.

OS001165-2-happyforu19.jpg

MC2-Tile-1-600x600.jpg
Yeah, that would work - but I'm going to need THREE of them to keep the batteries charged for my RX200... :gaah: :giggle::giggle:

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I won't be getting my vapemail till next week; just ordered it yesterday! But since MVS offers no regular USPS, I should get my new mod Monday, or possibly Tuesday, depending on USPS's ability to pry their collective head out of their collective ass. Should have my new driptips about the same time, though I didn't order them until several hours later; for some reason, mail from AZ always seems to move like greased lightening. The nic and Flash from ECX... well, who knows how long that will take. I got free shipping, and last time, that turned out to be 2-day priority, but it seems to take them forever just to get shit out the door.

Andria
What arrived yesterday came from VapeNW, which is less than 25 miles down the road from me. They sent it 1-Day Priority Mail, but then again the order was north of $150. The order from MBV, which is scheduled to arrive today, got hung up in their new "age verification system" which uses some outside vendor to process; the order didn't release until early Thursday and I had placed it last Saturday. At least this time, the USPS didn't decide to route it through Kansas City - going from Mesa AZ to Seattle..:crazy::tantrum:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the Kanger Subtank Mini's with RBA amd the origional 50W Kbox mini.
They are my main vapes.
Don't care for the Kanger factory coils though.

The only Smok stuff I have I won. A couple of TFV4's and a pro 50/65. Which has the battery cover held on with screws? I just use it as a shop beater and treat it like a built in battery mod.

I been using Kanger products since the day I started vaping. One of my first purchases was a Protank II. They are a lot more reliable than Smok and Eleaf are.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Think I might order one of those Chester Copperbottom squonkers today....

They are the very best mechanical squonk you can get for that kind of money right now, even paying the higher not-a-group-buy price

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Why? Plug the USB cable right into the 5V adaptor and charge it that way.
That was part sarcasm.. ;) But really, those small panels don't crank out that much amperage. I imagine it takes a while to charge even just two batteries with one. Which is still better than having nothing, though. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was part sarcasm.. ;) But really, those small panels don't crank out that much amperage. I imagine it takes a while to charge even just two batteries with one. Which is still better than having nothing, though. :)

I ordered one of them to give it a try. Much rather find out now than when out camping miles from a power cord ;)

Also ordered an Xtar MC2 USB charger to go with it. I could of used some of them I have but this charger is suppose to be able to take batteries that been drained too far and bring them back to life. Have a couple brand new H2's would love to be able to save that had that happen to them.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Because logicians are good at analysis, makes for good problem solvers. I don't really know shit about internal combustion engines, but I grasp the basics, so I can generally determine what's wrong, if a vehicle has a problem. I'm VERY good at troubleshooting webpages, mostly the HTML/CSS but a little bit of php/MySQL -- I can't *write* the latter, but I more or less understand it, and I know some of the quirks of each.

Andria
T-sql is what I do all day. If you can understand it, you can write it too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
T-sql is what I do all day. If you can understand it, you can write it too.

I *have* written a little MySQL, but mainly in the form of CSV, in Excel, then importing it to MySQL via the phpMyAdmin interface -- I understand how things have to be notated (the punctuation and such), but I don't know a lot of the "directives" -- the actual "language." I find that entering long lists of items is much easier in Excel, in a CSV file, than doing them one at a time via the db's interface. 'Course now, I don't have Excel, I have to use Google docs' "sheets" interface, and I don't know if that will export to a CSV format.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Google Docs, MS Excel Online, and LibraOffice/OpenOffice all export CSV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's very good to know! I haven't needed to do anything that techie in quite a while, but if I ever do get back to web design, it'll be nice to have all my usual tools!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors