Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got another short story finished up, today. :) Kind of frazzled my day yesterday seeing the therapist. Not exactly that we delved into anything dire. It just sapped the whole issue of timing off for me to recalibrate back to the gears of writing. Besides that, I had to play out how the ending worked in my mind. Finished it nicely enough for myself. :) Now to check over the mechanics of it, polish, submit. :)

Will try to start on a new short Monday. I reset my schedule per short, or story. I am now caught up to myself. The boss guy says I can have the weekend off. Though, figure it might be spent looking to submit this piece. Oh well, that's alright too. :) Everyone GFY, run 'er slow. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And isn't it interesting, that we're both writers? Which is a horse I jumped off of back in 1999, but I may climb back on one day. Maybe. Though as I've stated... I'm really no good at storytelling, so I'm thinking it would have to be something other than fiction.

Andria

You might be good at biographies, or explorations of historical facts. Think about it, if you now see that governments lie to their people, imagine all the corruption you could route out with a bit of examination of the past. One you might want to look at is Japan's actual role in WWII. Not saying Japan was exactly innocent as pure snow, yet it might surprise finding out the motives behind their action. Well, just some thought. :) I'm sure you probably already have quite a bit of that, too.

I love the song Cracker Man by STP. "I'm thinking, when I'm thinking ..." :) It kind of fits.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might be good at biographies, or explorations of historical facts. Think about it, if you now see that governments lie to their people, imagine all the corruption you could route out with a bit of examination of the past. One you might want to look at is Japan's actual role in WWII. Not saying Japan was exactly innocent as pure snow, yet it might surprise finding out the motives behind their action. Well, just some thought. :) I'm sure you probably already have quite a bit of that, too.

I love the song Cracker Man by STP. "I'm thinking, when I'm thinking ..." :) It kind of fits.

I dearly love history, the older the better. To me, history is like a giant 3-D jigsaw puzzle; the deeper into the past you go, the fewer pieces there are, inviting extrapolation from what few pieces we may have, as well as the on-going search for more pieces. That utterly fascinates me! My random thoughts run to oddities like: who first discovered what foods are good to eat, and which are nasty or toxic? Who first discovered that willow bark was good for aches and fevers, and what in the world made them even think to find out? And I can't help but think that someone long before Fleming discovered that moldy bread could actually *cure* some of those deathly "fevers" (the historical word for any febrile infection). I mean, bread mold has been around since there was bread... someone has to have figured that out, just like the willow bark.

I'm particularly enthralled with the Indus Valley civilization too, Harappa, Mohenjo-Daro, since we've not (yet?) been able to decipher their written language. Also natual history, seeing the evolution of the planet in the revealed rock layers -- volcanoes thrill me, they're like the planet breathing!

I just dunno. To me, the #1 hardest thing about writing, is what I call "narrowing the infinite." When you can choose anything, anyone, any-when to write about... how do you choose? And even when you make the first choice, all that does is drive you down a certain path, where further choices await. So I end up not even starting the trip. :facepalm:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
INTP here
I think I'm going to create a chart of the different personality types from here and the womper woom. It is amazing to me that SO MANY here are Logicians. Trust me, this is very RARE. There's one person at work that falls into this category -----> the one that everyone goes to when we as programmers hit a roadblock.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
vice presidential prick pick
I think you had it correct the first time.

Well, I think I have to join Hank's and Inspect's club... just ordered this:

View attachment 56569

Along with 500ml nicotine, and some more Flash. :)

Andria
Tis nice, I have both a red one and a blue one.

Mine came in today. hehehehe
View attachment 56580
Tis nice, I have both a red one and a blue one. Hmmm, kind of feeling a touch of deja vu.
Kinda reminds me of a severely underappreciated song...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm going to create a chart of the different personality types from here and the womper woom. It is amazing to me that SO MANY here are Logicians. Trust me, this is very RARE. There's one person at work that falls into this category -----> the one that everyone goes to when we as programmers hit a roadblock.

Interesting, I like to twiddle a bit with programming. It's more of hobby than career or serious endeavor for me. A friend kind of laughs at me for appreciating LISP. Then, I quietly remind him, "Autocad, Emacs." It infuriates him no end to think bottom up, over top down programming structure can work well. I get a few giggles. :)

That reminds me, for some oddly perverse reason I chucked Emacs off my computer. Recently talked with my witch about the odd crap my computer does at random, like, oh locking up when only doing one thing, otherwise acting like a Windows system. She scratched her noggin, "Might be bad memory."

I am thinking that could indeed explain it, now. I mean gee, the memory got zapped by lightning how many times now? *chuckles* Excuse me need to la la la tra la la a bit. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haa, I'm a logician also

And here I thought it was only the basest sense of humor that bound us, lol

Bassist humor? Is that like stripping off two of Gedy Lee's guitar strings and replacing them with elastic bands? Might it also include swapping the bassoonist's instrument for a clarinet? Yes, yes, please.

* clicks the tell me more button on screen *

:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bob you're a real go-getter....we'll all pitch in and get you a fishing pole, so taking the garbage out isn't a Friday highlight....:giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Because logicians are good at analysis, makes for good problem solvers. I don't really know shit about internal combustion engines, but I grasp the basics, so I can generally determine what's wrong, if a vehicle has a problem. I'm VERY good at troubleshooting webpages, mostly the HTML/CSS but a little bit of php/MySQL -- I can't *write* the latter, but I more or less understand it, and I know some of the quirks of each.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you had it correct the first time.

Tis nice, I have both a red one and a blue one.

Tis nice, I have both a red one and a blue one. Hmmm, kind of feeling a touch of deja vu.
Kinda reminds me of a severely underappreciated song...

I've got 4 of the original CF4's -- silver, red etched, pink etched, purple (wrapped)... now I'll have a CF4 that can use external batteries! Yippie!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Twilight Zone?

Recalling back to boot camp here a little. We had gotten our white belts at the time, which was the last week. One of the guys in the rear of our company as we drilled over to the Captain's house one dreary day, kicked our ARPOC. They did so while calling the first line of this song. It was instantly met with the next line from the rest of the company, in unison.

It does have a hint of creep factor to it. Our company was 072 of division 022. 022 division was the division that was involved with capturing an Enigma machine. The creepiness is the realizing that the Navy had tossed a bunch of mutts from all over together. None of us had any knowing anyone else.

That day and moment we all knew one another, thought and sang the same as each other. Creepy we all knew the lyrics to that exact song and were all together in that moment. Suppose in a way it resonates with the expression, "Never walk alone, always hang together." It was that day too we chose our company motto. "Our power is in our presence." It was a tribute to the White Fleet, as much as a bit of slack motto.

"Yeah, all we had to do was show up and be dumb rocks."

Dumb rocks never sink. They're too dumb to obey the laws of nature or tide. Instead dumb rocks keep on swimming. How do they do that without a flippers, arms? Not sure, best left to dumb rocks to figure. ;)

Ah hell, obligatory vaping break. Thank you brother @Hank F. Spankman for showing me parallel coils. It took me a bit to not twist two strands together, did manage to do a couple of 0.6 ohm parallel coils though.

Got them on the Velocity now instead of the SS I had there. Going to clean the SS up for reuse, re-building. I see SS can be found cheaply. Ha! Silly me done spent too much again and also needed to feed my Bucky cat.

On the two vertical 0.6 oh kanthal parallel coils I'm hammering clouds. The net ohm if I'm figuring right is ~ 1.20 ohm. The higher ohm I'm hoping will help conserve some battery life, as it seems keenly doing.

* hits the eject button and watches the cards scatter *

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll vote for you.
Thanks but I sure as hell do not want the job.
My vote will be a no confidence vote for any regular candidate on the ballot.
I think that should be an option and if the no confidence box gets the most votes, they have to do it all over again with different candidates becuase the people have said they do not want those.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because logicians are good at analysis, makes for good problem solvers. I don't really know shit about internal combustion engines, but I grasp the basics, so I can generally determine what's wrong, if a vehicle has a problem. I'm VERY good at troubleshooting webpages, mostly the HTML/CSS but a little bit of php/MySQL -- I can't *write* the latter, but I more or less understand it, and I know some of the quirks of each.

Andria

:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A few over there asked me a few times why I am not there much anymore. He is the reason. I cant stand him and will not stay around that place if he is there.

Ditto that. I didn't like Asswife either, but I could more or less ignore her, most of the time; I figure she's too small to give me a huge problem. But retarded1.... :headbang: That fuckhead needs slapping for DAYS on end. While tied to a cactus. Then dump honey on him and leave him there.

Andria

ETA: one thing that amused me about the Logician description, that we don't like rules. Yep, yep, I've always thought that rules EXIST to be broken. ;)

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening Fugees. Its friday and as we call it bewz day. Another rough week at work gone 4 more days until my vacation , to the island of California. Havent you all heard that tv commercial come back to cali your new island home.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria

ETA: one thing that amused me about the Logician description, that we don't like rules. Yep, yep, I've always thought that rules EXIST to be broken. ;)

You mean those playing some "game" though it was all some "game" and needed rules? Bah! Though, I do have a few things I'll not abide. Those are mostly reasonable except the one where I ask folks to convert to spork measures.

I've seen the err of that way though and now think we need to measure in cricket legs. Please don't ask me why, it's just this really odd habit of mine to think of differing means to measure stuff. Not exactly compulsive with it, but I do, do it.

All I know is summed up quickly.

0. The way up is the way down. The stream in which you step today will not be the same stream in which you step tomorrow.

1. Space exists and is infinite.

2. Change exists and is eternal, immortal.

3. I know myself and accordingly to Gnostic axioms this means I know all other human beings, "to know one is to know all, as all is one, and one is all."

4. I love my wife unconditionally. If needed I will vanish corpses for her. I also do something totally bat shit insane for her, I live.

5. We need more template folks who fit like universal sprockets, anywhere, any time, fear no challenge and do anything. Of course, I know this because I broke the mold after turning on the cloning machine for an infinite loop. Yes, there are billions, even trillions of me now running around. Muhaha!

ETA: "Oh yeah? Fuck you squirrels! I can now catch every one of you chubby rat bastards!"

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twilight Zone?

Recalling back to boot camp here a little. We had gotten our white belts at the time, which was the last week. One of the guys in the rear of our company as we drilled over to the Captain's house one dreary day, kicked our ARPOC. They did so while calling the first line of this song. It was instantly met with the next line from the rest of the company, in unison.

It does have a hint of creep factor to it. Our company was 072 of division 022. 022 division was the division that was involved with capturing an Enigma machine. The creepiness is the realizing that the Navy had tossed a bunch of mutts from all over together. None of us had any knowing anyone else.

That day and moment we all knew one another, thought and sang the same as each other. Creepy we all knew the lyrics to that exact song and were all together in that moment. Suppose in a way it resonates with the expression, "Never walk alone, always hang together." It was that day too we chose our company motto. "Our power is in our presence." It was a tribute to the White Fleet, as much as a bit of slack motto.

"Yeah, all we had to do was show up and be dumb rocks."

Dumb rocks never sink. They're too dumb to obey the laws of nature or tide. Instead dumb rocks keep on swimming. How do they do that without a flippers, arms? Not sure, best left to dumb rocks to figure. ;)

Ah hell, obligatory vaping break. Thank you brother @Hank F. Spankman for showing me parallel coils. It took me a bit to not twist two strands together, did manage to do a couple of 0.6 ohm parallel coils though.

Got them on the Velocity now instead of the SS I had there. Going to clean the SS up for reuse, re-building. I see SS can be found cheaply. Ha! Silly me done spent too much again and also needed to feed my Bucky cat.

On the two vertical 0.6 oh kanthal parallel coils I'm hammering clouds. The net ohm if I'm figuring right is ~ 1.20 ohm. The higher ohm I'm hoping will help conserve some battery life, as it seems keenly doing.

* hits the eject button and watches the cards scatter *
Try SS parallel LOL basically all I use now

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You mean those playing some "game" though it was all some "game" and needed rules? Bah! Though, I do have a few things I'll not abide. Those are mostly reasonable except the one where I ask folks to convert to spork measures.

I've seen the err of that way though and now think we need to measure in cricket legs. Please don't ask me why, it's just this really odd habit of mine to think of differing means to measure stuff. Not exactly compulsive with it, but I do, do it.

All I know is summed up quickly.

0. The way up is the way down. The stream in which you step today will not be the same stream in which you step tomorrow.

1. Space exists and is infinite.

2. Change exists and is eternal, immortal.

3. I know myself and accordingly to Gnostic axioms this means I know all other human beings, "to know one is to know all, as all is one, and one is all."

4. I love my wife unconditionally. If needed I will vanish corpses for her. I also do something totally bat shit insane for her, I live.

5. We need more template folks who fit like universal sprockets, anywhere, any time, fear no challenge and do anything. Of course, I know this because I broke the mold after turning on the cloning machine for an infinite loop. Yes, there are billions, even trillions of me now running around. Muhaha!

ETA: "Oh yeah? Fuck you squirrels! I can now catch every one of you chubby rat bastards!"

My main rules are:

Always tell the truth. Nothing to remember, except WHAT REALLY IS, and nothing to hide and be afraid of someone finding out. Believe it or not, I was actually kind of a latecomer to that rule, but since my early 20s, I've learned its inestimable value.

Always TRY to live up to my own highest ideal of ethical behavior. Seems to me that's the easiest way to be happy, without [too many] regrets. Wish I'd learned that one a little sooner, but just glad I finally did learn it.

And try to make sure that anything I say to another person is a) true, b) kind, and c) necessary.

And yes, unconditional love is the name of the game at my house; me for my husband and son, them for each other and for me. It took me a little while to get it thru to my son, that he could always tell me ANYTHING, because no matter what, I will always love him, always be on his side, and always be his best friend and biggest supporter. Maybe that's why I was the first one in the family to whom he "came out," once he finally figured out that he wasn't a "stock heterosexual." Not sure he's fully decided if he wants to go to one side or the other completely, but he knows I love and support him, NO MATTER WHAT. I did ask him though, even if he decided he was completely 100% gay, if he could refrain from "swishy" behavior. He rolled his eyes at me and said "Do I LOOK swishy to you?" :D He really doesn't, which I guess is why he actually had to "come out" in words. 'Course he does sometimes wear a t-shirt that says "Taste my rainbow. " :rolleyes: :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good lawd it's quiet here lately

No shit. You people must be doing something really fun, you're not around here much anymore! :D Or maybe everyone's resting from the buying orgy known as payday. Maybe it should be renamed to Vape Resupply Day... Shinyitis Day... Compulsive Vape Gear Buying day... or something like that. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The ol man gets to work a few OT hours tomorrow, and also go and look at a friend's deck to see how much work it's gonna need, how much it might cost to fix it; it's kinda old and worn out. So, tomorrow, in honor of that half liter of nic I ordered today, I have to round up all my 120, 100, and 60ml glass bottles and make sure I have enough! And it would probably be a good idea to see if there's anything in the freezer I can get rid of, because I need room for another box! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of compulsive vape gear acquisition... I also ordered these:

newdriptips.jpg

I'm not really sure which shade of blue will suit the CF4-18650 better, but these cover a few bases, without spending a lot -- desertvapes.com is great for cheap driptips, and lots of 'em! Got the 2 red ones just 'cuz I go thru the stupid things like kleenex or something, I'm such a clumsy oaf. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of compulsive vape gear acquisition... I also ordered these:

View attachment 56617

I'm not really sure which shade of blue will suit the CF4-18650 better, but these cover a few bases, without spending a lot -- desertvapes.com is great for cheap driptips, and lots of 'em! Got the 2 red ones just 'cuz I go thru the stupid things like kleenex or something, I'm such a clumsy oaf. :facepalm:

Andria

I especially like the shade of blue on the second to last one

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How are Juice and Andria this BLISTERING hot evening (for me anyway)?....had to drive to Flagstaff today, didn't want to return, it was in the low 80's with bright blue sky....heading home the temp continually raised until it hit 110 when I pulled in my driveway....way to damn hot...I'll be glad when next month is over with, then it clear sailing to normal again.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a good note...one of the Limitless Plus attys arrived from China in record time, 7 days with free shipping....from Vapingproducts.com or Vaporproducts.com...can't remember the name now....someone who advertises on this forum.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
On a good note...one of the Limitless Plus attys arrived from China in record time, 7 days with free shipping....from Vapingproducts.com or Vaporproducts.com...can't remember the name now....someone who advertises on this forum.

I'm interested to hear how you like it - they are very sharp in appearance

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day Juice....long?

Seemed that way to me (long)...driving five hours, looked at a building for the city of Flagstaff and head home, half the day driving, but a decent day nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors