Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You? Scored 74% introverted? :giggle:

Yep... that's the real me that I discovered when I quit poisoning my brain with alcohol in an attempt to be a Social Butterfly. :D That's why I'm a hermit who stays at home and takes my social life on the internet! Because it's easy to turn off! :D

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep... that's the real me that I discovered when I quit poisoning my brain with alcohol in an attempt to be a Social Butterfly. :D That's why I'm a hermit who stays at home and takes my social life on the internet! Because it's easy to turn off! :D

Andria

Even sans alcohol the last impression I would ever get from you is socially introverted.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even sans alcohol the last impression I would ever get from you is socially introverted.

That's because you ONLY know me via the internet -- my writing skills FAR surpass my social skills! But in person... I don't really want to go ANYWHERE, because I don't like 99.99% of the people in the world. On the internet, it's easier to find people who share similar ideas and attitudes.

Which is absolutely a complete reversal from me in my drinking days -- I was ready to go, go, go, all the time, bars, parties, let's go get high! It was my whole world. When I got rid of that world, I had to find my own real world. And now I'd much rather stay at home and read a book, or even watch TV if there's something on that I like -- cop shows mostly, mysteries, and some comedies.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That's because you ONLY know me via the internet -- my writing skills FAR surpass my social skills! But in person... I don't really want to go ANYWHERE, because I don't like 99.99% of the people in the world. On the internet, it's easier to find people who share similar ideas and attitudes.

Which is absolutely a complete reversal from me in my drinking days -- I was ready to go, go, go, all the time, bars, parties, let's go get high! It was my whole world. When I got rid of that world, I had to find my own real world. And now I'd much rather stay at home and read a book, or even watch TV if there's something on that I like -- cop shows mostly, mysteries, and some comedies.

Andria

So you is hiding behind your firewall. Or something. (As a writer - don't over think that one...)

To me you shall remain then, an enigma wrapped in bacon. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you is hiding behind your firewall. Or something. (As a writer - don't over think that one...)

To me you shall remain then, an enigma wrapped in bacon. :D

I like the "wrapped in bacon" part. :D

But yeah... I always *wanted* to be that social butterfly, but I'm too awkward, too honest, too gauche, and frankly I just have ZERO in common with pretty much 99% of everybody. Here on a vape forum (or even over at the other one), I at least have in common with all y'all that I'm a vaper. I'm very outspoken, and maybe that's why I don't seem like an introvert; on the internet, I can be as outspoken as I please -- the worst that can happen is someone puts me on "ignore." :D I can be quite extroverted with people I "know" -- and I do seem to "know" some of y'all, at least a little. But with strangers? I'm as tight as a clam. :D It's something like "stagefright" I guess. I just always have the assumption that no one wants to know me.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't matter, Mike Dense can't run in both a state level and national election at the same time. So if he is running for VP I can't vote against him for Governor. I was looking forward to voting against as many assholes as I could that played a role in the Indiana law, and I've now had two of my hopes dashed. I was gonna vote against Jim Arnold for sponsoring the law, but he chose not to run for re-election a few months ago.

Also, I'm running out of creative ways to intentionally screw up Pence's name, need some further ideas.
KY was the same Way till Rand Paul got it changed here so he could run for both.....

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the "wrapped in bacon" part. :D

But yeah... I always *wanted* to be that social butterfly, but I'm too awkward, too honest, too gauche, and frankly I just have ZERO in common with pretty much 99% of everybody. Here on a vape forum (or even over at the other one), I at least have in common with all y'all that I'm a vaper. I'm very outspoken, and maybe that's why I don't seem like an introvert; on the internet, I can be as outspoken as I please -- the worst that can happen is someone puts me on "ignore." :D I can be quite extroverted with people I "know" -- and I do seem to "know" some of y'all, at least a little. But with strangers? I'm as tight as a clam. :D It's something like "stagefright" I guess. I just always have the assumption that no one wants to know me.

Andria
Andria, you are extremely intelligent and I for one, enjoy your posts! LOVE YOU!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, you are extremely intelligent and I for one, enjoy your posts! LOVE YOU!

Right back atcha, Atcha! :D I was appalled that time you said you wouldn't be around anymore... "NOOOOOOOOOOO! I just got my Atcha back, she can't leave... all the plants'll die!" :giggle: Really I'm just shickled titless that so many of my buds from ECF have turned up over here -- now Rickajho too! yay!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oooooh lookee der, it just turned another week! Only 9 days till my 2 yr no-smoke-a-versary!

And a big ol SEZ YOU, DUMBASS! to those igmos who say that vaping doesn't work for smoking cessation... They're not just DEAD WRONG, they're STUPID, too!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oooooh lookee der, it just turned another week! Only 9 days till my 2 yr no-smoke-a-versary!

And a big ol SEZ YOU, DUMBASS! to those igmos who say that vaping doesn't work for smoking cessation... They're not just DEAD WRONG, they're STUPID, too!

Andria

I am right there with ya Andria :)

Sitting at 1 year 11 months and a couple weeks. July 28th makes 2 years for me :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am right there with ya Andria :)

Sitting at 1 year 11 months and a couple weeks. July 28th makes 2 years for me :)

Oh yeah, I remember our banners were very close, over at butthole central. :D Mine's the 25th. The 20th is my 29th wedding anniversary... next year's a biggie, I wonder if he'll get me more diamonds. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Two years is awesome!

I just realized Tuesday was my six-months without a smoke anniversary :)

6 months is awesome too! You know I had my relapse just a few weeks after I had my *first* 90-days smoke free... so the second time, I let 90 days go right on by without a lot of ooh and ahh, didn't let myself get excited till I passed SIX months. :D

Sorta like, this time, when I got sober, I didn't get the shiny silver chip at 30 days sober; I'd gotten one of those my first go-round, and ended up getting drunk again when I was at like 88 or 89 days sober -- so I didn't get another chip, after my white surrender chip, till I passed 90 days. I've now got enough blue chips to have a hell of a poker game. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
6 months is awesome too! You know I had my relapse just a few weeks after I had my *first* 90-days smoke free... so the second time, I let 90 days go right on by without a lot of ooh and ahh, didn't let myself get excited till I passed SIX months. :D

Sorta like, this time, when I got sober, I didn't get the shiny silver chip at 30 days sober; I'd gotten one of those my first go-round, and ended up getting drunk again when I was at like 88 or 89 days sober -- so I didn't get another chip, after my white surrender chip, till I passed 90 days. I've now got enough blue chips to have a hell of a poker game. :giggle:

Andria

You really helped me when I finally got serious about quitting 100% which was an epic struggle.

I will be forever grateful :)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

5 year anny coming up for me - July 31st!

And I sure as shit won't be celebrating it "over there" because of AssWife's dumbass morderator tirade over my quit smoking banner. (If anyone didn't read about the bullshit that made me quit ECF ~> http://vapingunderground.com/threads/moving-over-from-you-know-where.255033/#post-1262102 )

Lol - I find it amusing how the banner is counting sideways or something now: 5 years, -1 months, 15 days... Maybe ECF will implode once it hits July 31st.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had a gooood juice save today! After making that coil for my supertank yesterday it was so good I vaped damn near 20 ml in that tank and needed to mix up some more vanilla cream juice. This week i got some Fa Vanilla Bourbon that had good reviews so gave it a try and mixed up 60 ml of my Vanilla Cream with it....... little strong in a not so good of way. :(

Did some researching and seen Fa Vanilla bourbon is suppose to really shine with fruit so took 30 ml of it and mixed it with %2 Fa Peach. I cant put it down, it is that good! Goes to show, at times you can recover nicely from an oh shit!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a gooood juice save today! After making that coil for my supertank yesterday it was so good I vaped damn near 20 ml in that tank and needed to mix up some more vanilla cream juice. This week i got some Fa Vanilla Bourbon that had good reviews so gave it a try and mixed up 60 ml of my Vanilla Cream with it....... little strong in a not so good of way. :(

Did some researching and seen Fa Vanilla bourbon is suppose to really shine with fruit so took 30 ml of it and mixed it with %2 Fa Peach. I cant put it down, it is that good! Goes to show, at times you can recover nicely from an oh shit!
Sounds like a winner Doc...!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, but I haven't posted since moving over hear (except two indiscretions in the classifieds, lol)

Who were you, over there?

TBH, I usually recognize people by their avatar. :giggle: So when someone changes theirs, I get so confoooooooooooozed... :p It was afunny... there was a user over there that I thought was a guy, who looked like Matthew Broderick... turned out it was a female! :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya really need to get out more cromwell. Rand Paul is the libertarian darling. Ted Cruz is the tea party guy.
Rand Paul is Mitch McConnels puppy dog. He is allowed to yip a bit on things that will not matter but otherwise....
He is allowed his protest votes but not if it will tip the scales.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW: Trump delayed announcing his vice presidential prick pick due to that crisis in France. The announcement is supposed to be coming today. Apparently the Putz from Indiana has been circling the continent, unsure of exactly what to do in the mean time.

Is this one true?: One news pundit today said Pence is not only pro-life, he's anti birth control. If Trump is ever going to widen his appeal... that would be a major double-fail. He can't win an election solely on the 'support' of disgruntled pasty white boys.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right back atcha, Atcha! :D I was appalled that time you said you wouldn't be around anymore... "NOOOOOOOOOOO! I just got my Atcha back, she can't leave... all the plants'll die!" :giggle: Really I'm just shickled titless that so many of my buds from ECF have turned up over here -- now Rickajho too! yay!!!

Andria
Awe you're soooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
GM GFY and TGIF!!!!!

Who were you, over there?

TBH, I usually recognize people by their avatar. :giggle: So when someone changes theirs, I get so confoooooooooooozed... :p It was afunny... there was a user over there that I thought was a guy, who looked like Matthew Broderick... turned out it was a female! :facepalm:

Andria
Yea, who are you over there?
Congrats to Andria and Choppy for nearing the 2 year mark. Congrats to Lucy for 6 months!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a nightmare last night. Dreamed there were zombies - like the walking dead all through the neighborhood and I was with these people in this boarded up house. SCARY.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BTW: Trump delayed announcing his vice presidential prick pick due to that crisis in France. The announcement is supposed to be coming today. Apparently the Putz from Indiana has been circling the continent, unsure of exactly what to do in the mean time.

Is this one true?: One news pundit today said Pence is not only pro-life, he's anti birth control. If Trump is ever going to widen his appeal... that would be a major double-fail. He can't win an election solely on the 'support' of disgruntled pasty white boys.

No shit! My husband has been waving the Trump banner for months now, but when I told him last night about who the VP pick was -- I've kept him abreast of that travesty about vaping in Indiana -- he started looking really disgruntled. My husband: the guy who's seen me try, and fail, to quit smoking, three times... and finally succeed, beyond ANY expectation, with vaping. My husband is also very much pro-CHOICE: when I got pregnant, 1 month after we got married, he told me it was strictly up to me, and he would support whatever CHOICE I made -- and that was HIS OWN CHILD, not some theoretical hypothetical fetus.

That comment Trump made about abortion 3-4 months ago lost him my vote... the guy from Indiana just sealed the coffin. I'll be voting for Gary Johnson, for the simple reason that he's NOT Hilary or the Donald.

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Picks for the Veep spot are usually calculated at either consolidating the balance of the base of your party and/or getting the "swing vote" from those more in the center or the "undecided's".

If the info about Pence is correct, it's a much tougher choice for me to consider voting for Trump.
I woulda' considered John McCain - right up until he picked that Alaskan ditz-bag for his running mate and the thought that if he was elected we would be one heartbeat away from her being President.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pretty cool! It says I'm a "Logician -- INTP-T"

This one is RIGHT ON THE FUCKING MONEY: "They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP."

It also says it's a fairly rare type, only 3%, which doesn't surprise me at all -- as mentioned yesterday: I'm just odd! :D

Andria

INTP here. :) We're the architects what create elaborate machinations what solve mole hill problems. Well, not exactly. Although for me, it seems that way at times.

Swear I get so smart, I bend round back to stupid at points. *chuckles* Can be scary.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
INTP here. :) We're the architects what create elaborate machinations what solve mole hill problems. Well, not exactly. Although for me, it seems that way at times.

Swear I get so smart, I bend round back to stupid at points. *chuckles* Can be scary.

And isn't it interesting, that we're both writers? Which is a horse I jumped off of back in 1999, but I may climb back on one day. Maybe. Though as I've stated... I'm really no good at storytelling, so I'm thinking it would have to be something other than fiction.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors