Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:) That was fairly my mom's view. "Before you're a lover, be a friend. Understand you don't change anyone but you."

She said she tried raising three boys what had heads with more than muscle in them on their shoulders. It suited her seeing her first boy turned into a fine man, even though he does frighten her. *chuckles* Think it is because I am so alike her and her father. None of us are keen to tolerate shit, nor do we try going out of the way to cause it for anyone else. Sure, we're insane, relax though we're mostly harmless.

One day, mom was talking to someone on her cell phone. "Hey, hold on," she said to them. "I've got to go find my cell phone so I can call you back." Me and the wife stood there and hesitated. Mom actually hung up on the person and started looking for her cell phone. Then, we laughed like hell. It was worse than her walking around with her glasses pushed up on her head, "can't find my glasses, you seen them?" ... "Ummmm, on your head, mom."

Wife says I have only one speed. Git 'er done! She on the other hand is a slow poky turtle. She mellows me out, all twenty five me. ;) :) I go running in all directions at once, not exactly knowing where I go. I'm alright with it. Figure, I'll get there quicker. :) Learning now as this silly *ahem* growing older thing creeps on, I no longer multi-task, focus needs to be one thing at a time. So is life. :)

Yeah, me and the mate were good friends in AA, before there was any hanky-panky. We still get a kick out of it though; everyone in AA said "you'll never make it, you haven't been sober a year yet." We still haven't figured out if they meant the sobriety (almost 24 yrs now) or the relationship (almost 30 yrs now, almost 29 of them married). :)

I always have to do pretty much one thing at a time, due to a severe case of ADD. Cooking was hard for me to learn, because of having to do so many things at once; I had to learn the logistics of it, before I was really good at it. Mate and son both had to learn: when I'm cooking, DON'T BOTHER ME, and don't tell me anything you expect me to remember later! Waitressing... well, you kinda have to do 12 things all at the same time, which maybe explains why I was so bad at it. :D The world is really a lot better off with me NOT in the workforce. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol!!! Sorry, someone stopped by and we had pizza and scary movies.
Ok, I finished the list of vaper personalities. Look at all the analysts. It's CRAZY!!!!
MikeyConti Analyst Logician INTP
DavidOck Analyst Logician INTP A
Robert Cromwell Analyst Logician INTP
AndriaD Analyst Logician INTP
Boden Analyst Logician INTP A
Rixta Analyst Logician INTP T
Kad Analyst Logician INTP
MorleyMagicMist Analyst Logician INTP
USMcotaku Analyst Logician INTP T
JuicyLucy Analyst Logician INTP
Atchafalya Explorer Entertainer ESFP T
Rickajho Explorer Entertainer ESFP
Eskie Sentinel Executive ESTJ A
LJFinFla Sentinel Consul ESFJ A
Woofer Analyst Debater ENTP A
Fuzzy Thunderbear Analyst Debater ENTP A
chopdoc Diplomat Mediator INFP
Lannie Diplomat Advocate INFJ
Katdarling Diplomat Campainer ENFP
Debadoo Diplomat Campainer ENFP A
Update mine to INTP-T

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nope not ordered yet. Worked on the wifes replacement vehicle today getting it ready for her to wreck.
4 hours at the tire place....
$600 lighter...
My butt hurts from their horrible benches.

Oh, I thought you were going to say your ass hurts from the reeming from the tire guys:giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to steer clear of threads that the mods seem to frequent there
Been doing boards since the 80's.
Never been banned.......
And I spent many years on political boards.
Tractor boards, Car repair, Electronics, Wood working, Welding, gardening, 2X4, etc boards.

Perhaps Being banned is something I don't want to miss out on in life....

Hypothetically if I called Retired1 an imbasillic prick.....

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I ordered one of them to give it a try. Much rather find out now than when out camping miles from a power cord ;)

Also ordered an Xtar MC2 USB charger to go with it. I could of used some of them I have but this charger is suppose to be able to take batteries that been drained too far and bring them back to life. Have a couple brand new H2's would love to be able to save that had that happen to them.
Well, heck..let us know how it works out. If it can charge up a couple of batteries in a reasonable time, that would keep me going with my tootling rigs for a couple of days and give time to charge up ones for the higher power units. :shades:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tend to steer clear of threads that the mods seem to frequent there

Then don't ever go into the "what happened to AndriaD?" thread; apparently it's moderator central. They're afraid someone might actually say what happened to AndriaD. :D Can't be having that truth-telling stuff. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just watched Ted 2. Not as good as the first one, but not bad. Seth McFarlane is certifiably insane. :D And Markie-Mark's not far behind him. :D

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Who cares with a great story like that to tell the grandkids!!!
True dat. ;)

LEO's and firefighters have great stories. Like the one a County Sheriff told us one night about the time he pulled over a couple on a motorcycle in the wee hours of the morning one weekend. She was in front, facing backwards and had no pants on. His pants were undone and there was "a lot of rhythmical action" going on when they blew through the stop sign in front of him.. :facepalm:

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I *have* written a little MySQL, but mainly in the form of CSV, in Excel, then importing it to MySQL via the phpMyAdmin interface -- I understand how things have to be notated (the punctuation and such), but I don't know a lot of the "directives" -- the actual "language." I find that entering long lists of items is much easier in Excel, in a CSV file, than doing them one at a time via the db's interface. 'Course now, I don't have Excel, I have to use Google docs' "sheets" interface, and I don't know if that will export to a CSV format.

Andria
I know enough SQL to get me trouble. ;) Same with PHP. Simple stuff with SQL is easy to pick up; the syntax is fairly logical. Still trying to wrap my head around JOINS and other higher functions in SQL. The bitch comes when trying to parse the results of a query into PHP and getting the desired output.

Open Office / Libre Office are both open-source and come in flavors for Windows, Mac and Linux. I use Libre Office and it's functional, a decent free alternative to Excel if you don't need all of Excel's features.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fixed that 'fer ya. My OC tendencies for grammatical propriety kicked in and I couldn't refrain. ;)
Going to think up an insult he will have to google to MAYBE understand.
And I will not be naming him by name just by action.
He really pissed me off when he accused someone who said they were going to a pain clinic of going to a bar.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Then don't ever go into the "what happened to AndriaD?" thread; apparently it's moderator central. They're afraid someone might actually say what happened to AndriaD. :D Can't be having that truth-telling stuff. :giggle:
Andria

In that thread, like the first page, we got to where you went. Then it all went to bacon... which was pretty fun. ;):p It was how I found this lovely place.:inlove:

I know enough SQL to get me trouble. ;) Same with PHP. Simple stuff with SQL is easy to pick up; the syntax is fairly logical. Still trying to wrap my head around JOINS and other higher functions in SQL. The bitch comes when trying to parse the results of a query into PHP and getting the desired output.

Open Office / Libre Office are both open-source and come in flavors for Windows, Mac and Linux. I use Libre Office and it's functional, a decent free alternative to Excel if you don't need all of Excel's features.
I love LibreOffice. I used it when it was OpenOffice and alot of the folks left the Co. that made it and created Libre.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
He really pissed me off when he accused someone who said they were going to a pain clinic of going to a bar.
o_O Really?
Another blaring example of "Do as I say, not as I do." for the mods over there.
That and utterly failing at having shreds of decency and civility.
There be a another reason why I'm not there anymore.. :cuss2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors