Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not planning on bringing back a car battery, but I do have a few 18650's that an IPV4 over discharged and I can plug the charger into my USB strip that I usually charge other things with and maybe bring them back to usefulness. I have a 4 port USB charger than plugs into a wall socket.

Charging with solar will be just for normal charging while doing things like camping.
Going somewhere choppy? :)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was doing thermography for the city Phoenix this morning....the air conditioning system is controlled by a BMS (building management) system, therefore the condensers were turned OFF (at a remote location). It was 98 degrees inside the damn building, 96 degrees outside. I left, told um to call during normal business hours, when the cooling system is functional. Was completely soaked from perspiration from head to toe before my watch hit the 7:30 AM mark. The city will be receiving two invoices, one for "failure to communicate" written on the purchase order.....:cry:....:headbang:
Don't forget the rectal orifice tax! :)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget the rectal orifice tax! :)
It's bad enough they tax everything else! Are you saying that now they are gonna tax us every time they make us bend over? Or only when they also make us squeal like a pig?

And hi, glad to see you've been keeping the rubber side down.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Stroll??? When it's 90 degrees and 70% humidity? That'd be a REAL good way to make me have even worse cramps, because I'd be sweating like a field hand!
I forget sometimes that you're in the Sweat Belt.. How about strolling around inside the house with the A/C?:p Main thing is moving to help the fluids flush out the lactic acid from the muscles, which alleviates the cramping.
Had a 9am game this morning. Mild but humid for Seattle (70˙/70%). When we were done, my shirts were soaking wet with sweat under the chest protector. Always on the Gatorade / water to stay on top of hydration. Had one player cramp up in the second game. Glad I don't umpire down your way, what with the Heat Index you get there. :blech:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I forget sometimes that you're in the Sweat Belt.. How about strolling around inside the house with the A/C?:p Main thing is moving to help the fluids flush out the lactic acid from the muscles, which alleviates the cramping.
Had a 9am game this morning. Mild but humid for Seattle (70˙/70%). When we were done, my shirts were soaking wet with sweat under the chest protector. Always on the Gatorade / water to stay on top of hydration. Had one player cramp up in the second game. Glad I don't umpire down your way, what with the Heat Index you get there. :blech:

Well strolling around in the house is exactly what I have to do, everytime one of those goddamn cramps hits me. This afternoon, I laid down on the couch, trying to catch up on the Z's I missed; wasn't even 30mins later, I was up sctreaming and cursing with a hard cramp in BOTH legs. Drank more coco water, more water, waited a while. Went back about 5:30, and didn't bother even lying down, just piled up the pillows and fell sideways again; managed about 90 mins, and had only a "mild" cramp when I woke -- which means I was still strolling and stomping, but not so much screaming and cursing. I'm thinking that's how I'll have to "go to bed" tonight, just fall over sideways on the couch. My lower back and hips hate it, but keeping my feet on the floor is only possible way of getting any sleep.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well strolling around in the house is exactly what I have to do, everytime one of those goddamn cramps hits me. This afternoon, I laid down on the couch, trying to catch up on the Z's I missed; wasn't even 30mins later, I was up sctreaming and cursing with a hard cramp in BOTH legs. Drank more coco water, more water, waited a while. Went back about 5:30, and didn't bother even lying down, just piled up the pillows and fell sideways again; managed about 90 mins, and had only a "mild" cramp when I woke -- which means I was still strolling and stomping, but not so much screaming and cursing. I'm thinking that's how I'll have to "go to bed" tonight, just fall over sideways on the couch. My lower back and hips hate it, but keeping my feet on the floor is only possible way of getting any sleep.

Andria
That sucks!!!! I've only had a few of those in my 53 years but they are horrible!!!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going somewhere choppy? :)

We use to hook up with some friends, throw a few tents in the boat and head down the rivers. Find a nice spot on the bank and camp for the weekend. Have some peeps wanting me to go with them and do that again. July is kinda way too hot but October is coming and it will start cooling off again at night so maybe.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We use to hook up with some friends, throw a few tents in the boat and head down the rivers. Find a nice spot on the bank and camp for the weekend. Have some peeps wanting me to go with them and do that again. July is kinda way too hot but October is coming and it will start cooling off again at night so maybe.
I'm jealous!!!!!!!! October is my camping trip too. Have a friend with 600 acres and they hire a live band and it's a big fun time!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm jealous!!!!!!!! October is my camping trip too. Have a friend with 600 acres and they hire a live band and it's a big fun time!

I still want the sailboat, gotta get back to work before that can happen (and get my settlement form that quack). Solar chargers for the 18650's would be perfect then.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still want the sailboat, gotta get back to work before that can happen (and get my settlement form that quack). Solar chargers for the 18650's would be perfect then.
Yea the sailboat dream sounds awesome!!!! Wish I could do that too.
Solar chargers are cool. Got a friend that hikes a lot and has solar everything.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good evening, everyone! I have been so preoccupied, my forum time is pretty limited lately.
It's so damned hot and muggy out I can't stand it. I'm ready for summer to be over!
I feel like taking a nap. The bedroom is the coolest room in the house. But I will be going to bed shortly anyway. I caught talk about dreaming. I haven't remembered a dream in decades. I think it's because I don't sleep as soundly as needed, and sleep apnea. I am actually going for a sleep study in about 3 weeks. I don't know if I'm going to have to have one of those machines, but if it helps me sleep properly, it would be worth it.
Well, I'll be here and there. See you all in a while :).

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good evening, everyone! I have been so preoccupied, my forum time is pretty limited lately.
It's so damned hot and muggy out I can't stand it. I'm ready for summer to be over!
I feel like taking a nap. The bedroom is the coolest room in the house. But I will be going to bed shortly anyway. I caught talk about dreaming. I haven't remembered a dream in decades. I think it's because I don't sleep as soundly as needed, and sleep apnea. I am actually going for a sleep study in about 3 weeks. I don't know if I'm going to have to have one of those machines, but if it helps me sleep properly, it would be worth it.
Well, I'll be here and there. See you all in a while :).
That would be GREAT to be able to sleep. I have to get in my 8 hours.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know how much sleep I actually get as I wake many times during get the night. I fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow, but am awake again within an hour, and a lot of times during the night. I can't tell you how many times I look at the clock to see if it's time to get up yet and it's only like 2 hours since I went to bed.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know how much sleep I actually get as I wake many times during get the night. I fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow, but am awake again within an hour, and a lot of times during the night. I can't tell you how many times I look at the clock to see if it's time to get up yet and it's only like 2 hours since I went to bed.

That was happening to me at work and I ended up starting to sleep in a recliner. Slept like a baby then.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That sucks!!!! I've only had a few of those in my 53 years but they are horrible!!!!

At this point, I'd really like a body transplant, because this one doesn't fucking work right anymore! After all this cramping, now I'll have 2-4 days of extreme pain in my legs, like someone has beat on them with a baseball bat. And that's IF I don't get anymore cramps tonight, but I ain't holding my breath on THAT.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Today I woke up and decided to work on a Peach Cobbler vape. Mixed up some stuff, threw it into my Ultrasonic Cleaner and set it up for 130 degrees. It never fricken got warm dammit! What ever happened to quality products? In the last 20 months I had three Ultrasonic cleaners and all went tits up. This one still vibrates and isnt a total loss but I just bought it last April and the heating function is gone already.
It is not a total loss. As an ultrasonic cleaner runs its cycle it will heat up the water in it to a point. I have a couple juice batches in mine now and put hot water in it. The water was reading 130 F then and its on its forth 30 minute cycle and is at 120 F so I know it will give me a good mix, but cheap ass shit does piss me off.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered one of them to give it a try. Much rather find out now than when out camping miles from a power cord ;)

Also ordered an Xtar MC2 USB charger to go with it. I could of used some of them I have but this charger is suppose to be able to take batteries that been drained too far and bring them back to life. Have a couple brand new H2's would love to be able to save that had that happen to them.

It can, just be aware that it can take hours to do this. It's going to sit there looking like nothing is happening with the status LED sitting on green, as it applies a very low charge current to try and get the battery back up to around 2.0 volts. If it can safely get the battery back up to that threshold the LED will then switch to red, indicating the regular charge cycle has started. It can take a good 6 hours for that initial recovery to take place if the battery was dropped to under 1.0 volt. It's effective - but Xtar takes a very conservative (translates: safe) approach to this recovery process so give the charger plenty of time to get there.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We just watched San Andreas, that we had on the DVR. I love The Rock, he is just cool... but the science in that movie is just pathetic. The San Andreas fault is so destructive because the two tectonic plates are rubbing slap up against each other all the time, slipping against each other; no way in hell would they ever pull apart, that's just not how that particular type of fault works.

For a fault line that could pull apart 2 tectonic plates, the west coast of Iceland is where to go.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We just watched San Andreas, that we had on the DVR. I love The Rock, he is just cool... but the science in that movie is just pathetic. The San Andreas fault is so destructive because the two tectonic plates are rubbing slap up against each other all the time, slipping against each other; no way in hell would they ever pull apart, that's just not how that particular type of fault works.

For a fault line that could pull apart 2 tectonic plates, the west coast of Iceland is where to go.

Andria

That's why I can't hardly watch the vast majority of movies - difficulties with suspended belief

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Also if you like volcanoes. They have something like four or five of the Top 20 most dangerous volcanoes there should one of them erupt. I'd like to go there for the scenery, but I'd probably starve if I had to rely on the local cuisine. Something about a lot of fish, mutton and lamb... blecchh.:eek:

That's why I can't hardly watch the vast majority of movies - difficulties with suspended belief
Exactly. You have to dismiss the incredulity of the premise, which can be hard to do.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's truly sad that those who make movies are such absolute morons, and think everyone else is, too. Granted, the vast majority ARE... but even those of us who sometimes crack a non-fiction book sometimes like to watch movies, or read historical novels.... It bugs the hell out of me when real science or actual history are just slaughtered. :facepalm:

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
Well, I send my wishes for a restful night and relief from those bastard cramps. I still remember how effing bad they were when I got them many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors