Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Been doing boards since the 80's.
Never been banned.......
And I spent many years on political boards.
Tractor boards, Car repair, Electronics, Wood working, Welding, gardening, 2X4, etc boards.

Perhaps Being banned is something I don't want to miss out on in life....

Hypothetically if I called Retired1 an imbasillic prick.....

He would thank you for the compliment.

And then ban you.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's made specifically to appeal to a very negative and primitive consciousness.

Andria
That's my take Andria, but not many agree this day and age. I don't consider that music whatsoever. Everytime I hear some idiot pull up next to me with his piece of shit car smoking vibrating-blaring... I have a tendency to want an end to the misery.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's my take Andria, but not many agree this day and age. I don't consider that music whatsoever. Everytime I hear some idiot pull up next to me with his piece of shit car smoking vibrating-blaring... I have a tendency to want an end to the misery.

Have you seen this commercial for some mobile phone carrier, I think it might be Verizon... where this hyperthyroid (pop-eyed) looking girl is "dancing" to this godawful racket? That's NOT music, and she is NOT dancing; she may be having some sort of spastic connimption fit, but it's NOT dancing.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you seen this commercial for some mobile phone carrier, I think it might be Verizon... where this hyperthyroid (pop-eyed) looking girl is "dancing" to this godawful racket? That's NOT music, and she is NOT dancing; she may be having some sort of spastic connimption fit, but it's NOT dancing.

Andria
lmao....haven't seen it...but my imagination is running wild.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could find a combined supplement like that. Friday I didn't have any coconut water; was fighting an upset stomach, the last few days of last week, so I was drinking a lot of ginger ale -- which not only doesn't help, it probably even makes the situation worse, with all the sodium. Yesterday morning, I woke with a mild cramp, right in the middle of my knee, but I was able to get up and get walking before the cramp set in really hard, and I did drink some coconut water right away, and had a big glass with b'fast as I usually do, and drank a lot of water all evening. Guess I should have had some more coconut water. :facepalm:

I may try for a nap this afternoon, but I dunno... I may get awakened with cramping yet again. :facepalm:

Andria

Do drugs? Err... Got drugs? Err...

Andria are you taking any prescription meds? If so you may want to have a good look at possible side effects.

I went through freakin' years of waking up from leg & calf cramps. It was so bad I kept a percussion massager bedside as it was the only thing effective in "interrupting" whatever the hell was going on. Stretching or walking doesn't do shit when your foot is curled up like a club.

If you want to try that, get a real percussion massager that will beat the crap out of you - not some wimpy "personal vibrator". I think it works because it can break up the steady tension the cramping mechanism has on the muscle in cramp.

Anyway - check any meds you are on for side effects. I had one that - sure as shit - listed "muscle cramps and spasm" as a potential (that means: reported already) side effect. Pretty sure it was a statin drug. Whatever that drug was - once it was stopped the chronic cramping stopped as well.

Statin drugs are evil. (That's an entire tldr about pain related ER visits and being put on oxycodone...)

P.S. I went through all the bullcrap about "Oh, I must be I'm dehydrated. Oh, it must be a magnesium deficiency. Oh, it must be..." My MD had me taking stupid amounts of magnesium trying to "fix" the multiple times a week/multiple times per day cramping. It had nothing to do with any of that - it was a fucking prescription medication side effect.

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria are you taking any prescription meds? If so you may want to have a good look at possible side effects.

I went through freakin' years of waking up from leg & calf cramps. It was so bad I kept a percussion massager bedside as it was the only thing effective in "interrupting" whatever the hell was going on. Stretching or walking doesn't do shit when your foot is curled up like a club.

If you want to try that, get a real percussion massager that will beat the crap out of you - not some wimpy "personal vibrator". I think it works because it can break up the steady tension the cramping mechanism has on the muscle in cramp.

Anyway - check any meds you are on for side effects. I had one that - sure as shit - listed "muscle cramps and spasm" as a potential (that means: reported already) side effect. Pretty sure it was a statin drug. Whatever that drug was - once it was stopped the chronic cramping stopped as well.

Statin drugs are evil. (That's an entire tldr about pain related ER visits and being put on oxycodone...)

P.S. I went through all the bullcrap about "Oh, I must be I'm dehydrated. Oh, it must be a magnesium deficiency. Oh, it must be..." My MD had me taking stupid amounts of magnesium trying to "fix" the multiple times a week/multiple times per day cramping. It had nothing to do with any of that - it was a fucking prescription medication side effect.
Man. I'm on lipitor. Yikes

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started taking statins some time back, but the side effects were very soon apparent - cramping leg muscles, pain and spasms. As soon as I quit those awful things, the effects stopped. Statins are terrible things to inflict upon anyone. Most prescription drugs are incredibly bad. Just look at the commercials on TV, promoting this drug or that. The commercial is 10 seconds, the disclaimers and side effects are 50 seconds. It doesn't surprise me a bit, though, after finding out about the billions of dollars that BP gives to the FDA to fast track the approvals of drugs.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's why I can't hardly watch the vast majority of movies - difficulties with suspended belief

Similar here, and with writing you become aware of the basics of plotting, narrative. I watch a movie for two to five minutes, know how it goes all the way to the end. People are supposed to try adding originality and creativity between points A to B. They're supposed to have their own voice, view of things. Unfortunately, neither happen too often. It's about then I doze off.

Recently, got a little interested in Naked & Afraid. I know it is anything but reality but it's billed as a surviving nature reality show. Some of it is hilarious with the way the people on it act. Me and wife keep wondering when they'll actually think, "oh, lets make some kind of shoes." They never do. But they got no problem bitching and whining, "oh, my feet these fucking thorns/rocks."

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started taking statins some time back, but the side effects were very soon apparent - cramping leg muscles, pain and spasms. As soon as I quit those awful things, the effects stopped. Statins are terrible things to inflict upon anyone. Most prescription drugs are incredibly bad. Just look at the commercials on TV, promoting this drug or that. The commercial is 10 seconds, the disclaimers and side effects are 50 seconds. It doesn't surprise me a bit, though, after finding out about the billions of dollars that BP gives to the FDA to fast track the approvals of drugs.
I'm starting to think that these "fevers" I'm getting are actually a side effect of the Lipitor. Achy all over, etc.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man. I'm on lipitor. Yikes
I have to go get blood work done today and one of the things they are looking at is my cholesterol. The cardiologist was stunned that I never had my cholesterol checked before from anything medical. The only time its been ever checked was for insurance once and the girl asked me how am I still alive :) So probably will be on Lipitor next week.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to go get blood work done today and one of the things they are looking at is my cholesterol. The cardiologist was stunned that I never had my cholesterol checked before from anything medical. The only time its been ever checked was for insurance once and the girl asked me how am I still alive :) So probably will be on Lipitor next week.
Dang! Take care of yourself.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tried something last night. Tiramisu flavor vape. I got this flavor maybe 9 months ago and tried it at either %5 or %7 and it was horrible. Been reading and seen %3 is really the max you want to go with this flavor and that it works well with a cream at 1.5% so gave it another try last night and mixed it up at Tiramusu %1.5 and Vienna Cream %1.5 . Gotta say it has a nice strong coffee almost coffee cake flavor with notes of a dark chocolate to it and vapes very well with a cup of coffee. Yall DIY'ers, give it a try.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tried something last night. Tiramisu flavor vape. I got this flavor maybe 9 months ago and tried it at either %5 or %7 and it was horrible. Been reading and seen %3 is really the max you want to go with this flavor and that it works well with a cream at 1.5% so gave it another try last night and mixed it up at Tiramusu %1.5 and Vienna Cream %1.5 . Gotta say it has a nice strong coffee almost coffee cake flavor with notes of a dark chocolate to it and vapes very well with a cup of coffee. Yall DIY'ers, give it a try.
Now I want cake.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tiramisu (FA) is my new favorite flavor! OMG, I can't get enough of it. It's that rich, dark cocoa cake flavor that snags me, with the coffee finish. I started with 1% (with several creams also), and then upped it to 1.5%. I was thinking of trying 2% - I don't think that will be too much, but I want a little more of that cakey coffee flavor. The added creams just make it better! I've been "tank mixing" it with some custard cream and cappuccino juices, and I like it so much, I'm going to mix a big bottle of the combo of those juices. I'm calling it "Bliss" because it is. :D

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tiramisu (FA) is my new favorite flavor! OMG, I can't get enough of it. It's that rich, dark cocoa cake flavor that snags me, with the coffee finish. I started with 1% (with several creams also), and then upped it to 1.5%. I was thinking of trying 2% - I don't think that will be too much, but I want a little more of that cakey coffee flavor. The added creams just make it better! I've been "tank mixing" it with some custard cream and cappuccino juices, and I like it so much, I'm going to mix a big bottle of the combo of those juices. I'm calling it "Bliss" because it is. :D
I am surprised I like it as much as I do after initially hating it. Wattage changes the flavor on it too. I am vaping it in a TFV4 and I put a new coil in it so was at lower wattage when I first tried it. At 50 watts the chocolate is more pronounced yet at 80 watts it has more of a cake taste to it and the chocolate becomes a background flavor. Would be interesting to see how this flavor develops after a good long steep. I gave it a couple hours in the UC but am going to mix up a larger batch later today that should last a few weeks.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good luck with steeping it. I have been unsuccessful. :oops: I'ma hafta make a quart of it to get any to last more than a week! LOL! I made a 4 oz bottle last week, but it's more than half gone already. All my other juices are just sitting on the shelf, neglected, but hey, at least they're getting a good long steep! :p

I just got a 3-battery mod to use my Boreas with, but I'm still enthralled by what higher wattage does to my Unicorn Milk, so I haven't put any of the tiramisu in there yet. The tiramisu is that good in my iSub tank at 30 watts. I can't imagine how much better it will be in the Boreas, or the Limitless which is still in transit. I think I'm gonna be in vape heaven. :D

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got mine from Bull City. I got the 4 oz. size because of the reviews, and I saw HIC's post about it in the DIY subforum. ;) I'm going to keep ordering more each month for as long as I can, because this could turn out to be my mainstay flavor. I like fruits mostly in the summer, but this stuff... wow! I could have this in summer OR winter, and I'll bet it would be even better in winter with some heavier creams. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got mine from Bull City. I got the 4 oz. size because of the reviews, and I saw HIC's post about it in the DIY subforum. ;) I'm going to keep ordering more each month for as long as I can, because this could turn out to be my mainstay flavor. I like fruits mostly in the summer, but this stuff... wow! I could have this in summer OR winter, and I'll bet it would be even better in winter with some heavier creams. :)
I'm thinking a bit of cherry would go real good with this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yes, my asthma meds are known for that -- but unfortunately, my asthma meds are also required, for me to continue breathing and living. Normally I only use my Advair once a day, and a different steroid/long-acting bronchodilator one puff a day, but the humidity has been so bad lately, I've been using the Advair twice daily, and it could easily be the salmeterol that's the culprit. The albuterol in my rescue inhaler is engineered so that its molecule size is too large to pass the blood barrier in the lungs, so it stays topical, but that salmeterol... :headbang:

However, the problem DOES have a great deal to do with my hydration and electrolytes, as I rediscover everytime I skip a day of coconut water, or cry excessively, or sweat excessively. Considering that I vape (dehydrating), and that I'm post-menopausal (sweating and crying go with the territory!), and have to take the asthma meds, it's something I'm going to continue having to deal with for many more years to come.

Last night, I didn't even bother with bed; I headed for the sofa. My first try, I couldn't get to sleep, thx probably to that awkward position (sideways on pillows, feet on floor), so I got back up, and had my SECOND large glass of coconut water. I managed to get about 5 hrs of sleep, and no leg cramps. So today, I'll go heavy on the coconut water again, and maybe I can actually sleep in my comfy bed tonight.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And oh yeah, GFYs errybody, and I'll just say "good day" since it's soooooooo far past morning. :D

I did get my new mod and the new driptips today, but unfortunately, none of the driptips are a really great color match; I'll keep using the blue acrylic Mings until/unless I find something better. I'm considering a Cherry Vape tip; their "sapphire" looks like it would be a good match.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And oh yeah, GFYs errybody, and I'll just say "good day" since it's soooooooo far past morning. :D

I did get my new mod and the new driptips today, but unfortunately, none of the driptips are a really great color match; I'll keep using the blue acrylic Mings until/unless I find something better. I'm considering a Cherry Vape tip; their "sapphire" looks like it would be a good match.

Andria
This screams your name
http://shop.cherryvape.com/The-Ming-Bowl-0068.htm

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Actually I got one of those on my *last* order from DesertVapes, but it doesn't really work for me; all but one of my acrylic Mings are the small type, so they don't actually fit that bowl, they just lay there. I have one large acrylic Ming, and if it ever breaks, then that bowl might be useful.

But I do think the CV sapphire would be a great color match for the blue CF4-18650. I found CV's at BigDaddyVapor for $5 each; anyone know of any better price?

Andria

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon Fugees, Hope everybody had a great weekend and Monday too. I saw this today so i had to share;

420b7dc6d6b1f8f3d0e004abb0b23ce1.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate the medical industry, I really really do. Took them over an hour just to draw two vials of blood.

One thing I totally hate about medical people, nurses in particular, is that everytime they need to take some blood from me, and I see they have one of those "monoject" thingies, and I tell them, that won't work on me, my veins are too small, you'll go right thru the vein when you swap the vial and give me a hematoma.. You have to use a "butterfly" syringe on me... EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM will go, oh no, this is the best way... and proceeds to try to use it, and pierces my vein, and gives me a hematoma... and STILL have to use a syringe to get the blood, but now they have to use a different vein, because a vein that's pierced all the way thru won't give any. Fucking morons.

At least at my regular doc's, they know this already, and also already know that not one of the nurses there is capable of using a butterfly syringe properly on my tiny veins, so the doctor himself will do it... and do it correctly.

Andria

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just reading the new Pa. state laws. This is getting out of hand you could be fined for bringing and using your vape products there if not purchased in the state and you pay the 40% tax. I am so fed up why dont they go after smokers that breath second hand smoke into my vape section so i can die of cancer. sorry for the rant.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The XTAR MC2 Charger I ordered arrived today. Put a Panasonic battery I had laying around that wouldnt take a charge and gave the charger a try. It took a while but that same battery in now in a Picu vaping away at 40 watts and seems to be like new again. For it to be able to save over discharged batteries like that makes it worth every bit of the $10 it cost me!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait its legal to bring cigarettes into there state Proven to kill millions of people i guess thats a form of terrorism ill breath carcinogens in your face.
i wonder if tobacco company's own funeral homes, This way they can increase there profit margin.

You have to understand simple economics here Psyc. With BT there is only a couple major manufacturers and its easy to squeeze them for a few million here and a few million there, off the books of course. With vaping there is a shit load of smaller companies, with a lot of them not in the US so it is much much harder for FDA people to get kick backs and palms greased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors