Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find it enraging that states are passing more burdensome and stringent anti-vaping laws than the FDA

The states doing it are the massive fuckheads that sold bonds on *expected* MSA monies. Even though the MSA monies were SUPPOSED TO BE SPENT on smoking cessation. :facepalm:

I'm just surprised that we haven't seen lawsuits against the gov'ts that sold those bonds, since that is CLEARLY malfeasance.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Alaska is safe for a little while because our legislature walked out and closed the special session Monday where vape tax bill and even more tax on tobacco and alcohol bills were second on the agenda.

But man oh man are they making it tough.

On the bright side, with my half-way decent stash, I can go back to my 2016 savings plan that got derailed with all the vapocalypse spending and I'll be able to avoid paying excess vaping tax for the rest of my life :cool:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The states doing it are the massive fuckheads that sold bonds on *expected* MSA monies. Even though the MSA monies were SUPPOSED TO BE SPENT on smoking cessation. :facepalm:

I'm just surprised that we haven't seen lawsuits against the gov'ts that sold those bonds, since that is CLEARLY malfeasance.

Andria
isn't malfeasance a synonym for government in the dictionary?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alaska is safe for a little while because our legislature walked out and closed the special session Monday where vape tax bill and even more tax on tobacco and alcohol bills were second on the agenda.

But man oh man are they making it tough.

On the bright side, with my half-way decent stash, I can go back to my 2016 savings plan that got derailed with all the vapocalypse spending and I'll be able to avoid paying excess vaping tax for the rest of my life :cool:

Georgians are fortunate because GA has some of the lowest tobacco taxes in the country, so there isn't so much incentive for penalizing vapers. We're also fortunate in being an extremely Republican state, one which is STILL violently, virulently anti-Obamacare, still fighting it tooth and nail -- Medicaid has NOT been boosted and the insurance companies available here charge PROHIBITIVE rates, making it very easy for Georgians to qualify for the exemption -- so you can see that our elected officials are NOT interested in "playing ball" with any of the DC fuckheads. Y'all come on down! Biggest state east of the Mississippi! Friendly people too!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
isn't malfeasance a synonym for government in the dictionary?

It certainly SHOULD be.

In fact, in the case of those bonds, scratch lawsuits... there needs to be INDICTMENTS, criminal prosecution for gambling with the lives of smokers, losing, and now wanting to make VAPERS pay for that stupidity!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Georgians are fortunate because GA has some of the lowest tobacco taxes in the country, so there isn't so much incentive for penalizing vapers. We're also fortunate in being an extremely Republican state, one which is STILL violently, virulently anti-Obamacare, still fighting it tooth and nail -- Medicaid has NOT been boosted and the insurance companies available here charge PROHIBITIVE rates, making it very easy for Georgians to qualify for the exemption -- so you can see that our elected officials are NOT interested in "playing ball" with any of the DC fuckheads. Y'all come on down! Biggest state east of the Mississippi! Friendly people too!

Andria

I wouldn't mind living in the south again but my husband won't hear of it, lol.

I do have a lifelong friend preparing to move to Atlanta and if it was just me I would totally consider it. No shit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't mind living in the south again but my husband won't hear of it, lol.

I do have a lifelong friend preparing to move to Atlanta and if it was just me I would totally consider it. No shit.

It's a great place to live, despite the hellish summer, and almost constant humidity. But not in the city, out in the suburbs -- which at this point encompasses almost all of N. GA! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some glass ming DTs I ordered from FT on July 4 arrived today - a couple of aluminum ones too!

That's cool -- you know that sorta gunmetal blue Ming that I had in that pic? that's an aluminum, 99 cents at desertvapes.com -- also got a red one like that. they're nice; kind of a matte finish, so I'm thinking might not feel quite as cold, in the winter. I'll have to see. At least now, I've got 3 red acrylics, and 3 blue acrylics, so if I drop and break one... er, that'd be WHEN I drop and break one ;) -- not the end of the world. :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tried to take a nap this afternoon but it seems the stars was not lined up for me :( Get all comfortable on the couch and start to doze off and start hearing some whining and a light knocking on the door. My mom walked back to visit me and my pit bull is crying because he thinks grandma came to see him. After my mom leaves i tried again just to be woken up with the ex here yapping 900 mph. Crimmeny. It ended up being around 8pm before I ever got around to my nap.

Hope everyones evening went better than mine!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried to take a nap this afternoon but it seems the stars was not lined up for me :( Get all comfortable on the couch and start to doze off and start hearing some whining and a light knocking on the door. My mom walked back to visit me and my pit bull is crying because he thinks grandma came to see him. After my mom leaves i tried again just to be woken up with the ex here yapping 900 mph. Crimmeny. It ended up being around 8pm before I ever got around to my nap.

Hope everyones evening went better than mine!
I stopped at my mother's house this afternoon, and moved 900 miles away from my ex 20 years ago.....:)

All good here.....:vino:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I stopped at my mother's house this afternoon, and moved 900 miles away from my ex 20 years ago.....:)

All good here.....:vino:

Where my mom use to live she fell, broke her hip and layed on the ground for 6 hours before anyone found her. So last year I bought her a new mobile home and put it on my property and she lives here now. She still has her independence but I can keep an eye on her now and make sure she is ok. With the ex thats a far too complicated to get into.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been trying to keep my diet Locavore while I travel. Cherry pie in Michigan, cheese in Wisconsin. Corn in Minnesota, Beef in Wyoming, fruits in California, I forgot to eat because I was gambling in Nevada. Wondering what Utah's specialty is? Any help? I'm pretty sure when I get to Colorado, going for the Cheetos, HoHo's, and twizzlers...

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know, I got my new CF4-18650 today, the "travel kit" version... and I just gotta say, the little "travel case" that comes with it is simply awesome. Not only is it a hard shelled case with all the little elastic-band doohickeys to keep vape stuff secure... it's got the niftiest little magnetic battery tester. Considering that this case is worth $10-$20 all by itself, and I paid $41.95 for the mod... that is one hell of a deal. Innokin scores again!

Andria
Totally agree. It's a cute little case!
It's great. But the worst is when you have to get a bunch of numbing shots, especially if they have to do the roof of your mouth. It's hard bone there and it HURTS no matter what they do. Cringe worthy kind of hurt. It makes the normal shots seem like a tickle. Still better than feeling what it would feel like without the shot though...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Oh I know. I've had 2 bone grafts, a pallet graft, an implant and several root canals and caps. Can't understand having all that work done since I brush my teeth 3 times a day and floss. A lot had to do with an injury when I was 9. Trauma to the top teeth.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lmao....indeed....expect a serious case of the munchies while in CO....:giggle:

Could be dangerous. I remember once as a young adult in Gatlinburg TN, picked up two young female hitchikers. They were both teachers from FL. Showed me a "B-52". After that, I had a hard time telling if I was going uphill or down, so I wasn't sure if I should be on the accelerator or the brake pedal. Under any other circumstances, it would have been terrifying. We were hooting with laughter..

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or the dual 18650 pack...
TBH I'm just thinking about the cost of the DNA200 board and thinking if I can get an entire DNA200 mod with battery, even if it turns out to be junk, for basically the same price, it seems like a no brainer.
I didn't even think about THAT... True

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fugee gang. Another nice long sleep with no cramping. YES!!!!!!! GFYs merrily. :)

Today is my 29th anniversary of wedded bliss. And not only is my husband not telling me not to buy anymore vape gear, he wants to know why I haven't yet ordered another bottle of shisha strawberry (or two), since I'm down to about 130ml. I thought the euro was supposed to crash and burn after the UK referendum to BREXIT, but that doesn't seem to be happening. :D

I tried my first battery re-wrap this morning using one of battwrap's opaque (light green) wraps.... it seems to be a little longer than the one that came on the 25R originally, but the battery works. The ends didn't seal as flat as with the clear wrap I tried before. But I managed it, and didn't lose the insulator. Thx to everyone who gave me the heads up on hanging on to that little bugger, so it didn't go flying when I removed the old wrapper. :D

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fugee gang. Another nice long sleep with no cramping. YES!!!!!!! GFYs merrily. :)

Today is my 29th anniversary of wedded bliss. And not only is my husband not telling me not to buy anymore vape gear, he wants to know why I haven't yet ordered another bottle of shisha strawberry (or two), since I'm down to about 130ml. I thought the euro was supposed to crash and burn after the UK referendum to BREXIT, but that doesn't seem to be happening. :D

I tried my first battery re-wrap this morning using one of battwrap's opaque (light green) wraps.... it seems to be a little longer than the one that came on the 25R originally, but the battery works. The ends didn't seal as flat as with the clear wrap I tried before. But I managed it, and didn't lose the insulator. Thx to everyone who gave me the heads up on hanging on to that little bugger, so it didn't go flying when I removed the old wrapper. :D

Andria
Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors