Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered once from FT... took 43 days. Never again. I've had decent luck with some HK vendors; e5cigs and Frog in Fog, like 8-15 days. Course, those 13ga needles I'm STILL awaiting are coming on a verrrrrrrrrrrry slow boat from HK. :facepalm:

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to give props to the crown as survival gear. Still on the first rig, 2nd coil only because I had the watts cranked too high. It's taken a licking and kept on ticking. I think it could make it 3 months of motorcycle abuse. An interesting theory I'd love to test.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hell no, I'm not crazy. Well, maybe I am, but that besides the point. I'm not about to order from China if I need something right away. I'm just surprised that almost 3 days after getting a tracking number, that number doesn't have any information, as in even whoever it it being shipped through is basically saying "Sorry, that tracking number doesn't exist"
One thing about Gearbest, it makes Fastech actually seem fast.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have an order from Fastech that went in almost a week ago. Still havent gotten notification that its shipped! Makes buying from the US for a few extra bux seem worth it

It's your dough and your time.

I never buy anything from there I'm not willing to wait for.

I've saved hundreds of dollars buying there, but would NEVER use it if I was in a hurry for the item.

I put in two orders on July 4th when they had the 10% off sale.

Just got the order with "in stock" items yesterday, so it took 15 days from China to Alaska

The second order with "ships in___days" gave notice it was shipping on July 13.

Just checked it and here is the status:

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 8.41.26 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I agree. I do save money when I shop there. Like you, it all comes down to when I need it.

I wanted it all on the day I bought it on FT but will have to wait another 2 weeks easy to get it :cry:

I once had an order take 10 weeks. That did get torturous but then again, it cost so much less than if I'd of bought the exact same thing from a US seller i.e.: middle man for Chinese made stuff

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No way! I bet there is some great chow awaiting you in Ecuador though..
Indeed Mo...hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be eating barbecued langostinos at the Quito Marriott. Generally this time of the year is slow in the thermal imaging business because of the heat and lack of rainfall. This isn't the typical year.

Commercial building inspections are typically slow in July too...not this summer, my other company has been averaging four buildings per week which is unheard of in July. Get it while the gettin's good has always been my motto, best to stick with the motto. Sure wish I could have met you in Vegas, but I'll be at Bourbon Fest...hopefully Doc can make it too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's your dough and your time.

I never buy anything from there I'm not willing to wait for.

I've saved hundreds of dollars buying there, but would NEVER use it if I was in a hurry for the item.

That's exactly why I can't order from them -- I'm in a hurry for EVERYTHING. When I order something, I want it YESTERDAY. :D Over at Butthole Central, there was a thread about who should never order from FT -- and I fall SQUARELY into that category. The only time I did order from them, it was because I couldn't find a brass-toned Chi You kick ring ANYWHERE else.

Andria

rhammer186

Member For 4 Years
I wanted it all on the day I bought it on FT but will have to wait another 2 weeks easy to get it :cry:

I once had an order take 10 weeks. That did get torturous but then again, it cost so much less than if I'd of bought the exact same thing from a US seller i.e.: middle man for Chinese made stuff
Its never taken me 10 weeks to get a package but the last one was about 6. I had actually forgotten about it so when it arrived it was like i gave myself a present!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' gang, GFYs merrily. Got vapemail out for delivery from ECX. Hope they didn't stick it in the wrong basket, since it's half a liter of nicotine.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They were in the $200-$250 range, depending on finish, type of door, etc.

Assuming the next batch will be also.

That will be a tough sale to me. Yes, I might see clear to spend ~ $150 for a Reo mod. More cost than that though imho, seems more than silly. If I were able to spend $200 - $250, I would rather spend it getting more ink. I might like a gorgeous butterfly on my shoulder that has the word "Happiness" inked in black light ink, hidden in it. :) Might also like "Fugee For Life" inked on my front collar in an arc, and "GFY!" inked on the back of my left hand in big bold letters. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That will be a tough sale to me. Yes, I might see clear to spend ~ $150 for a Reo mod. More cost than that though imho, seems more than silly. If I were able to spend $200 - $250, I would rather spend it getting more ink. I might like a gorgeous butterfly on my shoulder that has the word "Happiness" inked in black light ink, hidden in it. :) Might also like "Fugee For Life" inked on my front collar in an arc, and "GFY!" inked on the back of my left hand in big bold letters. :)

We all have our priorities :p

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The key with FT is they give you options of shipping. ALWAYS pay the $1 extra. NEVER EVER EVER choose Singapore Post. If they have your shit in stock you should get it within 2 weeks

Ho Leigh Fuck! Now, I have to search Fast Tech and see if they have my shit. I thought my shit went into the septic tank. Then, it's on to the leech pit in the bottom then on into water table of the surrounding ground, down toward the creek. I never even thought of someone selling my shit. Look at that, discussion of shipping my shit even.

Think I've seen it all. Well maybe not. Still want to see if the sociopath Trump or the psychotic Hillary wins. No, I am not discussing poly ticks. It is merely obvious commentary based upon a passing curiosity. If my views offend you, don't read them, thanks. I'm not intending offense nor do I accept it.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can get a "budget" Reo LP for $130

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can get a "budget@ Reo LP for $130

Yes, or even a more budget minded 4 reo grand style clones for about $25 each, $100 for four reo grand style clones. I only got 2 though. Both look as though if they're taken care of they'll last years. I've used Ox-gaurd on the internal shiny bits. I'll do so again a few months down the road, on an as needed basis. Might save enough for a budgeted $130 Reo Grand authentic. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Two of the Merlins I ordered showed up today :) Ordered them Monday night and they are here already. Now thats fast shipping! :vapemail:

21781483d8a147729cdb85b8e6658362.png

Built one of them with 6 wrap 24 awg SS316L wire on a 4mm drill bit. It ohmed out at .39 ohms. Not bad, was aiming for .4 ohms :) Wicked it with Rayon.

First impression, flavor is pretty good. Easy to build on, with one coil it doesnt guzzle the juice like the Boreas does. Laid it on its side a few times and didnt leak like the Boreas does. What I dont like is it doesnt like max VG juice too well. Few dryish hits already. Airflow is less than I like. Honestly, its hard to put down, so I give it a thumbs up :stars:

Good thing seeing how I have 3 more on there way :giggle: At $16 a piece just couldnt pass it up.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Two of the Merlins I ordered showed up today Ordered them Monday night and they are here already. Now thats fast shipping!

Built one of them with 6 wrap 24 awg SS316L wire on a 4mm drill bit. It ohmed out at .39 ohms. Not bad, was aiming for .4 ohms Wicked it with Rayon.
First impression, flavor is pretty good. Easy to build on, with one coil it doesnt guzzle the juice like the Boreas does. Laid it on its side a few times and didnt leak like the Boreas does. What I dont like is it doesnt like max VG juice too well. Few dryish hits already. Airflow is less than I like. Honestly, its hard to put down, so I give it a thumbs up
Good thing seeing how I have 3 more on there way At $16 a piece just couldnt pass it up.

Yeah, I have 13 Merlins in total - it's an excellent atty which I hope to vape for many years!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I have 13 Merlins in total - it's an excellent atty which I hope to vape for many years!

I love my Tobeco supertanks but I want to get away from buying or rebuilding premade coils. The merlin to me is the best alternative. If it was just slightly more air it would be perfect but i will get use to the restrictive air.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my Tobeco supertanks but I want to get away from buying or rebuilding premade coils. The merlin to me is the best alternative. If it was just slightly more air it would be perfect but i will get use to the restrictive air.
You might like the Cthulhu 3 RTA doc. Don't think I've seen a bad review on it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors