Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In Fagan's review he's using it in single coil mode, I think
At the moment I have way too many tanks in the daily rotation. Right now I have 16 of them lined up beside me and I need to cut back some. Sadly I am a flavor junky and each one has a distinct flavor for it. I am going to try to cut myself down to 10 of them and see how that goes. Rinse out my tanks and put them up with my vapocalypse gear as well as the mods. The merlins will be perfect because that goes along with me wanting to get away from premade coils as much as possible. Once 8-8 hits we dont know if we can even get coils any more plus they are not cheap. A 5 pack of Aspire Triton coils for the super tanks goes for $12. After a while that gets costly.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At the moment I have way too many tanks in the daily rotation. Right now I have 16 of them lined up beside me and I need to cut back some. Sadly I am a flavor junky and each one has a distinct flavor for it. I am going to try to cut myself down to 10 of them and see how that goes. Rinse out my tanks and put them up with my vapocalypse gear as well as the mods. The merlins will be perfect because that goes along with me wanting to get away from premade coils as much as possible. Once 8-8 hits we dont know if we can even get coils any more plus they are not cheap. A 5 pack of Aspire Triton coils for the super tanks goes for $12. After a while that gets costly.
I stopped using tanks completely a couple months ago. Only using drippers/mechs/squonks now. I have enough wire & cotton to last for years. I do have a Merlin & a Billow v3 stashed still tho

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I decided buying coils was too costly when I was getting a 5pk of T3S coils for $6. :D Sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I don't have to do that anymore! But aside from the cost, which is considerable, since those lil cheapies don't last anytime at all... it's being able to always have a way to vape, regardless of money, the vagaries of the postal idiots, Monday holidays when there's no mail, or FUCKING WHATEVER..... building my own coils and making my own juice means I can ALWAYS vape.

Andria

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugees what a long dayou. California traffic sucks 2 hours to drive 30 miles. On the bright side Alamo screwed up so put me in a BMW 325i for the same price as a camary no complaints on my end. Hollywood studios was great enjoyed the tour. Now off to take my daughter to build a bear.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided buying coils was too costly when I was getting a 5pk of T3S coils for $6. :D Sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I don't have to do that anymore! But aside from the cost, which is considerable, since those lil cheapies don't last anytime at all... it's being able to always have a way to vape, regardless of money, the vagaries of the postal idiots, Monday holidays when there's no mail, or FUCKING WHATEVER..... building my own coils and making my own juice means I can ALWAYS vape.

Andria
I just rebuilt all my T3S and Evod coils as soon as I got them. Much better vape.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just rebuilt all my T3S and Evod coils as soon as I got them. Much better vape.

That was how I first learned, but I couldn't really tell much improvement; those silly lil tanks still gurgled and leaked and were just a huge pain in the ass in every possible way, so I ordered a Kayfun Lite Plus clone... and never looked back at BCCs, though I did venture to cartos and cartotanks for a while. But when I started making the strawberry & cream and saw how bad it gunked, I couldn't use cartos anymore. After a while I got sick of all the gunking making me waste so much juice in the bigass Kayfuns, so I got a Magma... then an Achilles. Now I can't use the Kayfuns at all, just not enough flavor.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Thought I was bad when one night I realized I was vaping 11 different mod/atty combos, lol

Five is my usual number though which I thought was excessive :facepalm:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Funny, I've been in a funk since Saturday.

Unlike most people, I hate shopping when I'm out of sorts :confused:

Spending money MAKES me out of sorts. No matter how much I want something, I VERY seldom run straight to the site and click "add to cart"... no, I have to look at it... look at all the diff pics... read all the text... maybe add it to a cart, and then go look at something else for a while.... usually don't come back and actually buy it till maybe the next day. :D And every single vehicle we've ever bought, I end up in a tearful state of buyer's remorse that night, or the next day. Parting with money is traumatic to me.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I stopped using tanks completely a couple months ago. Only using drippers/mechs/squonks now. I have enough wire & cotton to last for years. I do have a Merlin & a Billow v3 stashed still tho

I always preferred a tank over an RDA mainly from the ease of use aspect. Its kinda hard when out on the flight line working, driving for a couple hours, or just chilling and drippin versus having a tank that only need occasional filling and battery changes. Also the flavor is just as good if not better in some circumstances in an RTA versus and RDA to me.

I decided buying coils was too costly when I was getting a 5pk of T3S coils for $6. :D
Andria

Thats where i started learning to build coils also. Those CE5/T3 coils was the same and I rebuilt many of them.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Spending money MAKES me out of sorts. No matter how much I want something, I VERY seldom run straight to the site and click "add to cart"... no, I have to look at it... look at all the diff pics... read all the text... maybe add it to a cart, and then go look at something else for a while.... usually don't come back and actually buy it till maybe the next day. :D And every single vehicle we've ever bought, I end up in a tearful state of buyer's remorse that night, or the next day. Parting with money is traumatic to me.

Andria

I have similar traits, lol.

But I also learned a long time ago you sometimes have to spend money to SAVE money, especially when it comes to quality vs. quantity. I fret for days when I see I could have easily saved piddly amounts of money - even 25 cents.

Being self-employed, it was really hard for me at first to grasp the concept of "time is money" - a mistake I made repeatedly over the years.

When it comes to essentials I do have a hoarding tendency. This is because grew up in extreme poverty unlike most Americans will never see or experience or understand or some even believe exists in this country.

My compulsion to be frugal drove my husband nuts for years - one of the few guys I ever met who resented a cheap date, lol. But when we experienced a series of gigantic setbacks all at once, he was amazed at how we sailed through once the initial pain of giving up a few of his luxuries (i.e.: total waste of money things)

I'd have never picked up tobacco as an adult, but I got hooked on other people's cigarettes as an early teenager and by the time I had to be responsible for my own cigarettes, it was too late. It was an essential to me, more so than food even.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[
Bet you gained a couple pounds with all the fantastic food in Vegas at incredibly low prices....I certainly can't resist......:vino:

Hi Dale! Gawd, I hope not.. one of my goals this trip has been to lose weight. Lotta salads, with the occasional splurge as an "only meal that day". How's your weather been?

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
QUOTE="inspects, post: 1282494, member: 15845"]Hey Mo...you on your way home now?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. Dad gets out of the hospital tomorrow and his wife can't drive atm, so I want to bring him home and get him settled before I leave. Early Saturday is likely for reentry into the asphaltphere.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
QUOTE="inspects, post: 1282494, member: 15845"]Hey Mo...you on your way home now?

Not yet. Dad gets out of the hospital tomorrow and his wife can't drive atm, so I want to bring him home and get him settled before I leave. Early Saturday is likely for reentry into the asphaltphere.[/QUOTE]

I'm picturing you picking up dad at the hospital and riding him home on the back of your bike...

(I doubt that's what you will do but it makes a fun image to think about :rolleyes:)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Mo...you on your way home now?
"On my way home" is a tenuous concept right now. AFTER I left, my Mrs. decided to be upset that I've taken the opportunity to see all these places TOGETHER for the first time, away.

It's serious BS, which I don't Ken to, as she is a beach and lounge chair traveler, and I am the exploring type. Her favorites bore me, and the pace of mine piss her off. And she sure as hell isn't going to camp on an air mattress with horses or ride up 8000+ miles on a Harley.

No point in sitting around the HOUSE and not talking.. ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[

Hi Dale! Gawd, I hope not.. one of my goals this trip has been to lose weight. Lotta salads, with the occasional splurge as an "only meal that day". How's your weather been?
Lose weight while vacationing?....is there such thing.....:giggle:

Weather is hot, humidity is beginning to climb with lower temps, which makes it worse than higher temps with low humidity.

Such is life, but hopefully I'm in for a drastic change, as soon as I stop answering my phone saying yes, sure we can do that for you.....:facepalm:

Gotta keep my people working, but it's spreading in my direction much more than I care for. Although I shouldn't complain, I expect 2016 to be the best year on the books in 20+ yrs.

Have a safe trip east my friend...!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Lose weight while vacationing?....is there such thing.....:giggle:

Weather is hot, humidity is beginning to climb with lower temps, which makes it worse than higher temps with low humidity.

Such is life, but hopefully I'm in for a drastic change, as soon as I stop answering my phone saying yes, sure we can do that for you.....:facepalm:

Gotta keep my people working, but it's spreading in my direction much more than I care for. Although I shouldn't complain, I expect 2016 to be the best year on the books in 20+ yrs.

Have a safe trip east my friend...!

When living in Oregon years ago, my MIL and her sister (Aunt Francis) lost a ton of weight in anticipation of my BIL getting married in NJ.

They left Oregon looking svelt and took the occasion to make a road trip across the US to visit all their family in the South.

Upon arriving in NJ two weeks later, neither could fit in the outfits they'd had tailored to wear to the wedding :giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"On my way home" is a tenuous concept right now. AFTER I left, my Mrs. decided to be upset that I've taken the opportunity to see all these places TOGETHER for the first time, away.

It's serious BS, which I don't Ken to, as she is a beach and lounge chair traveler, and I am the exploring type. Her favorites bore me, and the pace of mine piss her off. And she sure as hell isn't going to camp on an air mattress with horses or ride up 8000+ miles on a Harley.

Understand....been there done that, it works out in the end, it's the middle I dislike.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When living in Oregon years ago, my MIL and her sister (Aunt Francis) lost a ton of weight in anticipation of my BIL getting married in NJ.

They left Oregon looking svelt and took the occasion to make a road trip across the US to visit all their family in the South.

Upon arriving in NJ two weeks later, neither could fit in the outfits they'd had tailored to wear to the wedding :giggle:
Never heard that scenario before, it's the honest truth though.....:giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time to hit the sack here too...doctor appointment at 7:45.....:cry:

:goodnight:....and go FYS's...... but gently please......:)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It'll go ok. If you have to, close your eyes and spell strawberries, or something else. It'll help keep your mind off it. My sister's scared to go, I'm weird. I LOVE getting my teeth cleaned. It's great to see you here Lannie!!!

Whooo, I got behind! I've been half comatose from the heat and humidity. It has taught me that I like it just fine here in SD and there's NO WAY I'm moving down South, if it's like this all summer there. I'll put up with the blizzards in the winter, yessiree I will.

The dentist trip was actually good this time. I took a big chance and did NOT have the guy put that icky topical novocaine (or whatever it is) on before the cleaning, and he only hurt me twice, but it wasn't even that bad. Both places he said he knew were gonna zing me because I had exposed root there. The rest was a breeze. My gums are finally healing up after a year of not smoking, and the dentist (the old grumpy fart bastard that I hate) even had to admit everything looked better when he did my annual checkup after the cleaning was done.

The doc, who in my previous encounters with him has been rude and disdainful to me, was even civil. The one exception being when he had his hand in my mouth, checking to see how much LESS loose my teeth were, and asked me if I was flossing every day. I didn't answer because I had his hand in my freaking mouth, and he repeated his question a bit more stridently. So I pushed his hand away, and said I was GOING to answer him when he took his hand out of my mouth! Geez! Meanwhile, off to the side, the hygienist guy was giggling. I mean, WHY do dentists insist on asking you QUESTIONS when you're unable to answer? I don't know why he doesn't like me, but maybe it was because when I went in the first time, I was a smoker, and I have cows and chickens, and my shoes are dirty. He was looking at my shoes the first time I went in, too, with great disgust on his face. I thought my shoes were OK, at least the poo on them was DRY. :p

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Now that reminds me on mine. She thought she was going to invite herself along on one of my rides once. Told her i would think about it. Then she started planning daily itineraries of where all we was going to stop and decided we wasnt going to camp because she didnt want to. Needless to say her ass stayed at home.
One time I took her on a run to the Smokey mountains and even let her ride her bike on the trip. Never again. Didnt take long to realize I had to keep her in the novice position in front of me where i could keep an eye on her dumb ass and every day it was murder getting her on the road before 11 am. You just cant ride like that and expect to get anywhere.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have similar traits, lol.

But I also learned a long time ago you sometimes have to spend money to SAVE money, especially when it comes to quality vs. quantity. I fret for days when I see I could have easily saved piddly amounts of money - even 25 cents.

Being self-employed, it was really hard for me at first to grasp the concept of "time is money" - a mistake I made repeatedly over the years.

When it comes to essentials I do have a hoarding tendency. This is because grew up in extreme poverty unlike most Americans will never see or experience or understand or some even believe exists in this country.

My compulsion to be frugal drove my husband nuts for years - one of the few guys I ever met who resented a cheap date, lol. But when we experienced a series of gigantic setbacks all at once, he was amazed at how we sailed through once the initial pain of giving up a few of his luxuries (i.e.: total waste of money things)

I'd have never picked up tobacco as an adult, but I got hooked on other people's cigarettes as an early teenager and by the time I had to be responsible for my own cigarettes, it was too late. It was an essential to me, more so than food even.

Yep yep, to all that -- started smoking when I wasn't yet 14, and I was an only child of white-collar suburban parents, so you can imagine how spoiled I was about material things. :D Coming of age, getting out from under my mother's control-freak thumb was a rude awakening and a half... but as rude as it was, I still cherished my freedom from control-freaks. But yeah I started buying my own smokes when I had my first job at 17, when they cost a whole $7.50 a carton. :D And I could ALWAYS go hungry a lot easier than I could go smokeless.

My hoarding/frugal tendency is from 2 sources: 1) my grandparents, who raised 7 children during and just after the Depression -- I *still* save bits of clean aluminum foil, as I always saw my grandmother do, and clean-ish (like, they only contained dry bread) ziplock bags too; they can be re-used! :D And naturally saw my grandfather ("Pop") going all round the house turning off lights. "Whatcha doin', Pop?" "Turnin' off lights, Miss Punk" "why?" "Because electricity ain't free!" :D So there I was, and still am, once everyone but me is outta the house... turning off lights, radios, TVs, etc -- nothing bugs me more than an unwatched TV blathering, or a radio no one is listening to!

And then 2) the last 10 yrs of economic disaster -- we actually had it pretty good, pre-2006, and didn't even realize it -- went out to eat 2-3 times a week! Then in early 2006, the owner of the biz my husband worked for died in a small plane crash. Things rocked along for a few months, until his will was out of probate... and his fucking greedy bitch wife LIQUIDATED the biz instead of selling it outright, and there went the best job my husband had ever had, including medical benefits. Fortunately that was 1 month after our son graduated and left for the Navy, and I was already pretty much done with that horribly expensive Effexor, because the shit started hitting the fan, and we were covered in feces till 2011, when I realized, the status quo wasn't quo anymore, and we had to do something different or we were going to be bankrupt and homeless.

That's when we bought a house and turned everything around. And I seized control of the family finances, because my husband is just shitty at handling money; he's a spendthrift, I'm a miser. And yeah, sometimes that kinda bugs him about me, too. :D But he can't argue with the results I've gradually achieved over the last 5 yrs, one tiny babystep at a time. So anytime he bitches, I just remind him of what things were like, before we bought this house -- as if he could ever forget! :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors