Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I been making 4mm coils in all my stuff recently and my calculations is based on that so mileage on smaller coils may vary.

Yeah the ID is the one aspect I won't change; I know *exactly* how much wick to use for a 3/32 coil, no guesswork necessary.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's so cheap... I think I'll go ahead and get both 26ga and 28ga.... if the 28ga gives me too high resistance for TC, maybe i can use it for wattage mode, 10-11 wraps isn't too bad; I'm currently doing 9 wraps of kanthal, to hit 2Ω.

Andria
You can use SS in TC and power mode

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right, that's why I'm thinking of getting the 28ga along with the 26ga -- it would give methe ability to go over 1 ohm, for wattage mode.

Andria

I been playing with one of these Merlins trying to get it to stop giving me dry hits while chain vaping. Seeing how we was discussing it I tried a 26 AWG 10 wrap at 4mm in it. Came out to .82 ohms. Have it going under TC at the moment and so far its doing ok. According to Steam it should of been 1.1 ohms but they are not always right.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, from what I've gleaned here, SS offers improved flavor, over Kanthal? Maybe I can get that Alleria to give me some flavor, if I use stainless in it.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, question for any battery experts out there. I may have (did) over discharged one of my 25Rs a bit. Actually my XTAR VC4 initially showed it as 0v, but after just a couple minutes it is reading just above 3.5v, so it couldn't have truly been much lower than 3.5, right? Also back to 3.5 with less than 100mAh going into it, so again, I'm not sure it was quite as low as it looked at first.

Hmmm, in retrospect, maybe before throwing it on the charger I should have put it in one of my regulated mods just to see what I would get. Oh well. Point being, what potential harm is there to using this battery going forward? Might have shortened it's lifespan a touch, but could I have actually done any damage?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, question for any battery experts out there. I may have (did) over discharged one of my 25Rs a bit. Actually my XTAR VC4 initially showed it as 0v, but after just a couple minutes it is reading just above 3.5v, so it couldn't have truly been much lower than 3.5, right? Also back to 3.5 with less than 100mAh going into it, so again, I'm not sure it was quite as low as it looked at first.

Hmmm, in retrospect, maybe before throwing it on the charger I should have put it in one of my regulated mods just to see what I would get. Oh well. Point being, what potential harm is there to using this battery going forward? Might have shortened it's lifespan a touch, but could I have actually done any damage?

In my opinion, if it takes a charge and doesnt get any hotter then the others while vaping it should be safe. Yet I am no battery expert.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, 3mm coil is too fat for me, I'm well-accustomed to 3/32, which looks to be about 2.38mm. I find the most difficulty in chaging the ID of a coil, you have to figure out the right amount of wick to use, and that's a lot harder than just wrapping some wire around something.

But if I was gonna try stainless in wattage mode, I'd want to be pretty close to 1 ohm, rather than sub-ohm.

Andria
I think that the 27 ga might work nicely for you.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, from what I've gleaned here, SS offers improved flavor, over Kanthal? Maybe I can get that Alleria to give me some flavor, if I use stainless in it.

Andria

I cant say the flavor is any better than Kanthal because I have gotten some great vapes from kanthal coils and have no problem still using kanthal. With SS it is easer to work with and you have the option of doing either TC or VW on the same coil. SS likes being a spaced coil so you dont have to spend a lot of time firing it and squeezing it to make a tight coil. Just wrap it, put it in the atty, wick it and go. Its really that easy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cant say the flavor is any better than Kanthal because I have gotten some great vapes from kanthal coils and have no problem still using kanthal. With SS it is easer to work with and you have the option of doing either TC or VW on the same coil. SS likes being a spaced coil so you dont have to spend a lot of time firing it and squeezing it to make a tight coil. Just wrap it, put it in the atty, wick it and go. Its really that easy.

I don't compress my coils anyway; the strawberry & cream gunks so bad, it's easier to keep my eye on how the gunk is doing, if I used a spaced coil.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh really now.............:tantrum:
bc580b543867cb14bc474faa2a00c684.jpg

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really you going to want 24 or 26 awg. With anything higher its a real bitch to get a decent ohm reading. With SS316L 6 wraps of 24ga will give me around .35 ohms. The same 6 wraps of 26 awg will give me 1.1 ohms. With 28 ga it will be 1.7 ohms. All depends on what you want but a faster ramp up vape you should be at a lower ohms in my opinion.

Thicker wire is lower resistance (fatter "highway" for electrons), but more mass, so slower ramp and longer time necessary to cool off. Lower battery life too. Only downside to higher res THIN wire is more fragile to rewick.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You already know I'm going to say hell yes to this..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A sloth named Stuart awoke to a nasty surprise when a gang of snails took him hostage and began beating him up. The assault lasted for seven hours. When he complained to the police, they asked if he could describe the snails.

"I don't know," Stu told the police. "It happened so fast!"

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A sloth named Stuart awoke to a nasty surprise when a gang of snails took him hostage and began beating him up. The assault lasted for seven hours. When he complained to the police, they asked if he could describe the snails.

"I don't know," Stu told the police. "It happened so fast!"
.....how did you know about this?

I didn't tell anybody......

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You already know I'm going to say hell yes to this..

That's good to know! I get more flavor from the Alleria than from my old KFL+'s, but not a real lot; I'm really spoiled by the rich flavor of an RDA, so it would be great if I can get flavor like that, from that Alleria -- not every juice I like to vape is a big gunker, just the one I vape most of the time.

Dammit all to hell. I've babied this keyboard thru about 4 or 5 relabellings of all the keys, because the spacing is nearly perfect... but now the damn space bar is going, going.... *sigh*
Guess I'll be going to Microcenter sometime this weekend. :gaah:

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's good to know! I get more flavor from the Alleria than from my old KFL+'s, but not a real lot; I'm really spoiled by the rich flavor of an RDA, so it would be great if I can get flavor like that, from that Alleria -- not every juice I like to vape is a big gunker, just the one I vape most of the time.

Dammit all to hell. I've babied this keyboard thru about 4 or 5 relabellings of all the keys, because the spacing is nearly perfect... but now the damn space bar is going, going.... *sigh*
Guess I'll be going to Microcenter sometime this weekend. :gaah:

Andria
I know you're more about the tight draw, but I was referring more to the stainless wire than the alleria, although the alleria is good. You should look into the conqueror rta. I love that thing and can have quite a tight draw if you want it to. Wide open is still pretty restricted. But great flavor with SS tribraid in it. Mmm

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know you're more about the tight draw, but I was referring more to the stainless wire than the alleria, although the alleria is good. You should look into the conqueror rta. I love that thing and can have quite a tight draw if you want it to. Wide open is still pretty restricted. But great flavor with SS tribraid in it. Mmm

I've seen some of those postless atties, but honestly I can't figure out what I would do with it to save my life, how to build for it... just no earthly idea. And 4ml is too much; the gunk backwash would cause massive wastage -- that's why the Alleria would be a reasonable option for me if I can make it vape well, and gimme flavor; it doesn't have a huge capacity. The Achilles holds 2.5ml, which is convenient enough and doesn't cause so much wastage.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Everyone might want to check their old PMs

I went to look at an old one so I could followup and two of my old PMs now show a bot as the OP.

I was not the OP on either PM

I started a thread in the "report a bug" section a minute ago and am waiting to see what the powers that be have to say about this

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've seen some of those postless atties, but honestly I can't figure out what I would do with it to save my life, how to build for it... just no earthly idea. And 4ml is too much; the gunk backwash would cause massive wastage -- that's why the Alleria would be a reasonable option for me if I can make it vape well, and gimme flavor; it doesn't have a huge capacity. The Achilles holds 2.5ml, which is convenient enough and doesn't cause so much wastage.

Andria
I've used really, really gunky juices and have not experienced any wasting of juice. When I need to rewick I just take the bottom off, leave the tank full, and do my thing.

And as for the post less designs, they're really pretty easy once you try. One leg goes in the hole with no insulator (negative) and one leg goes in the positive one with the insulator ring. Tighten it down like any other atty, put it over the airflow, dry fire and done. It's a pretty small learning curve really. They definitely aren't as easy to build on as a velocity but they're not so hard I don't want to do it. Really the only issue comes in pre trimming the legs to be the right height. But I love my conquerors, honestly I use them more than the alleria or most other tanks I own. Even with very gunky juice I can easily get two weeks out of a wick with heavy use

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
We need a postless mod or 2 over at ECF ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've used really, really gunky juices and have not experienced any wasting of juice. When I need to rewick I just take the bottom off, leave the tank full, and do my thing.

And as for the post less designs, they're really pretty easy once you try. One leg goes in the hole with no insulator (negative) and one leg goes in the positive one with the insulator ring. Tighten it down like any other atty, put it over the airflow, dry fire and done. It's a pretty small learning curve really. They definitely aren't as easy to build on as a velocity but they're not so hard I don't want to do it. Really the only issue comes in pre trimming the legs to be the right height. But I love my conquerors, honestly I use them more than the alleria or most other tanks I own. Even with very gunky juice I can easily get two weeks out of a wick with heavy use

Ha ha ha ha.... I get 12ml thru a wick, it's BLACK. And so is the coil. I can dry burn it maybe 3 times, and need to replace it, cause it just stays dark,and tastes metallic.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ha ha ha ha.... I get 12ml thru a wick, it's BLACK. And so is the coil. I can dry burn it maybe 3 times, and need to replace it, cause it just stays dark,and tastes metallic.

Andria
It's that tight draw! Not enough airflow to stop the juice from fryin. That's my guess anyway

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Packing up to head out, with mixed feelings. When your Dad is 86, you're never really sure there will be family next time. But I am excited about the adventure and discoveries that lay ahead

Vegas toon I have mixed feelings for. Dad had a plane and a penchant for dice as long as my memory gore back, 5 years old, so I did kinda always "live" here, tacky money grubbing town it may be. But where else can you always see Elvis im person?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' ma fugee peeps. Up early so I can go get a keyboard before the mate needs to get back and start mowing this jungle we jestingly refer to as our "yard."

GFYs merrily, and y'all in the midwest, watch out for some nasty storms that seem to be headed your way.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors